Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

I think the sender of the parcel can request the parcel be re-directed to another address, so it might be worth getting in contact with them

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

ED E wrote: »
    Changing address could facilitate scammers, the retailer may not allow it.

So the retailer blocks that?

Thanks for the information.

I’ve been on hold with DPD since before I posted the thread - any idea if they can change the address over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,157 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Twice I've tried to use the Manage Delivery.

First time it just plain wouldn't work at all.

Second time it accepted the change to a Pickup Point, sent me a confirmation of same, then sent me confirmation of delivery to said Pickup Point by text and email - but no package in the shop, who said they'd had numerous complaints similar.

Turns out they'd delivered to my home address after all, but since I wasn't in (hence the change request) threw it at a neighbour instead. Luckily I have nice neighbours!

Trying to engage with DPD on twitter about it, before I discovered what had happened, was a waste of time and energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Twice I've tried to use the Manage Delivery.

First time it just plain wouldn't work at all.

Second time it accepted the change to a Pickup Point, sent me a confirmation of same, then sent me confirmation of delivery to said Pickup Point by text and email - but no package in the shop, who said they'd had numerous complaints similar.

Turns out they'd delivered to my home address after all, but since I wasn't in (hence the change request) threw it at a neighbour instead. Luckily I have nice neighbours!

Trying to engage with DPD on twitter about it, before I discovered what had happened, was a waste of time and energy.

No complaint about DPD here.

The regular driver for area knows the alternate address if I’m not home but the text says it is a different driver for this.

I can’t change the date to tomorrow - which would be the ideal day.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Has anyone had a delivery that arrived later than the 11th, and was processed?
    Mine arrived on the 12th, tried contacting dpd twice, but no response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Yes. I had delivery yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

My last one arrived on the 12th and delivered on the 15th
    They said they would process items up until the 18th

Sometimes delays can occur where the pw number has not been applied to the label or I’ve had items got to parcel motel before by mistake

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Hopefully they will allow a few extra days grace. I still have one package on route to PW. Dispatched in UK on 11th and still has not arrived to PW #hermes

*Parcel Motel processing until 28th. Don’t know why DPD are shutting down mid month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hopefully they will allow a few extra days grace. I still have one package on route to PW. Dispatched in UK on 11th and still has not arrived to PW #hermes

*Parcel Motel processing until 28th. Don’t know why DPD are shutting down mid month.

To allow for delays like yours I would imagine

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭VG31

Shipments from mainland Europe to Ireland suspended.

A particularly contagious mutation of the coronavirus is currently occurring in the United Kingdom (UK). The European Union reacted to this report with restrictive measures, banning flights from the United Kingdom and largely closing the Eurotunnel.

Due to these EU-wide pandemic measures, the movement of goods between Great Britain and the EU is currently very severely disrupted. This also applies to cross-border parcel flows at DPD. Therefore, parcel shipping to and from the UK and Ireland is suspended until further notice. DPD asks for your understanding for this measure. Many Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Isis20

Hi guys,

I ordered from Ebay.co.uk on the 12th and it got shipped on the 14th. Does anyone know if the flight suspension will affect my package shipped by DPD Ireland? This is the information I have on the track and trace from DPD:

Order data received from sender
    Head Office
    18/12/2020 at 15:10

Ebay track and trace says "the package is now with the expeditor in Ireland" But I think that is a lie. How fast do packages ship from UK to Ireland? I hope it was there before the bad weather and the extra COVID measures... Does anyone know?

I am hoping it will arrive before Xmas. Its a surprise gift going to the West Meath midlands.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Isis20 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I ordered from Ebay.co.uk on the 12th and it got shipped on the 14th. Does anyone know if the flight suspension will affect my package shipped by DPD Ireland? This is the information I have on the track and trace from DPD:

Order data received from sender
    Head Office
    18/12/2020 at 15:10

Ebay track and trace says "the package is now with the expeditor in Ireland" But I think that is a lie. How fast do packages ship from UK to Ireland? I hope it was there before the bad weather and the extra COVID measures... Does anyone know?

I am hoping it will arrive before Xmas. Its a surprise gift going to the West Meath midlands.

DPD don't fly it, they truck it. It is usually overnight from the UK, so that may be correct. I normally get an email from DPD to say a shipment is on its way. I had one departed the UK on the 18th, and it delivered this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Moviehost

Is DPD UK still fulfilling Door 2 Door Ireland made an order this evening confirmed for Monday collection in the UK but there is no label in the email just the information for customs.

I know they have suspended DPD classic but can't find anything on this or any other people who's labels don't show

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Anyone else (i am sure there are a few out there) experiencing delays ? Package from Germany to Ireland, posted on the 22nd December 2020, cleared UK customs (Hinckley) on the 1st January 2021, left Hinckley on the 5th January 2021 and is in transit since then , suppose its stuck in Dublin awating clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Chora

Gally79 wrote: »
    Anyone else (i am sure there are a few out there) experiencing delays ? Package from Germany to Ireland, posted on the 22nd December 2020, cleared UK customs (Hinckley) on the 1st January 2021, left Hinckley on the 5th January 2021 and is in transit since then , suppose its stuck in Dublin awating clearance.

Not much of a delay but received notification of delivery on the 5th Jan and heard nothing since. The tracker just says "order data received". Usually its delivered the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Yes had the same, they first scheduled my delivery for the 4th January then the 5th January and the 6th January, each time i had a new tracking update advising it had left Hinckley Depot. Their customer support team advised "its on the way and I should give it until Monday" as helpful as a hole in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Was told 80k and growing packages in DPD UK that are waiting to be shipped here. Not sure if virus or brexit related.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Gally79 wrote: »

Same boat here...customs cleared on 31st followed by a hub scan on the 5th and nothing since. Initially was given a delivery date of the 4th via their email notification but nothing since..

Wouldn't mind the item I bought came from the EU so whats it doing stuck in the UK :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Any word on when they’ll refund money topped up for using the NI service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any word on when they’ll refund money topped up for using the NI service?
    I’d probably send them a message rather than wait for them to do it..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Before the end of January. Automated process.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

jhammer wrote: »

this explains things with my package. guess its gonna be a waiting game now

Basq wrote: »
    I’d probably send them a message rather than wait for them to do it..

They had said when they announced the service was ending that they would be.

End of Jan will do grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

We were fairly confident homeschooling was on the way back, so ordered a new ipad last week from currys.ie. Shipped the next day, got to their centre in Athlone, then nothing. Checked the DPD site, with a message popping up saying "parcel delayed due to an unexpected issue in your area".

I hadn't yet raised a query with DPD or Curry's and heard nothing else til this morning when we got a fresh email from Curry's saying "We're delighted to tell you your replacement item has been dispatched!"

Let's see...

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

the corpo wrote: »
    We were fairly confident homeschooling was on the way back, so ordered a new ipad last week from currys.ie. Shipped the next day, got to their centre in Athlone, then nothing. Checked the DPD site, with a message popping up saying "parcel delayed due to an unexpected issue in your area".

I hadn't yet raised a query with DPD or Curry's and heard nothing else til this morning when we got a fresh email from Curry's saying "We're delighted to tell you your replacement item has been dispatched!"

Let's see...

Ordered something from Curry's myself last week, assumed it would be coming from Ireland.

It was scheduled to be delivered on the 5th, yet it's been stuck in "Hinchley"/"International Gateway" since it was dispatched with no movement.

If I had known it was potentially going to get caught in the Brexit mess I wouldn't have bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I have a parcel sitting in Hinkley since the 31st,cleared customs on the same day according to their track and trace,scanned a few times since saying "In Transit" each time,nice of them to bring it for a spin around the warehouse all the same :pac:

What's annoying though is that i ordered from a Polish company through Amazon France and it still gets caught up in Brexit bull$hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Dozyart wrote: »
    I have a parcel sitting in Hinkley since the 31st,cleared customs on the same day according to their track and trace,scanned a few times since saying "In Transit" each time,nice of them to bring it for a spin around the warehouse all the same :pac:

What's annoying though is that i ordered from a Polish company through Amazon France and it still gets caught up in Brexit bull$hit!
    :D lol

that said if its over amazon, contact support explain its non delivered- amazon should refund you without question, as even its 3rd party seller its obvious the cause is DPD so they never delivered and amazon would need to refund you. once they are operational return package etc, or dont accept. as seems dpd isnt operational at all when it comes for anything related to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

scamalert wrote: »
    :D lol

that said if its over amazon, contact support explain its non delivered- amazon should refund you without question, as even its 3rd party seller its obvious the cause is DPD so they never delivered and amazon would need to refund you. once they are operational return package etc, or dont accept. as seems dpd isnt operational at all when it comes for anything related to UK.

Yeah Amazon are usually excellent with these kind of issues...unlike the company I'm dealing with (myprotein), who are telling me that my stranded DPD parcel will not incur any charges coming from the UK, contradicting their website info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

My DPD UK tracking was happily telling me earlier that my parcel was on its way and would be delivered today. The only problem was...it was on its way back to the sender!

Then it told me it was successfully delivered, but the sender (myprotein) informed me that they had not received it and the scans are wrong...it seems on lots of items. This is probably as much of an issue with my sender, but the whole thing is a mess.

Advertisement