Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

Dunno if this info is of any use to anybody, but in case it is: placed an order in Germany a couple of days ago (pet food and supplies), delivery method DPD, next day I'm getting a 'we've got your delivery' message and tracking link from DPD UK, whaaa... ready for trouble and having a convo with the merchant, but today the parcel shows up fine, promptly and without hiccups. Don't really know what to think about it, that UK part surprised me first by showing up at all (I can't remember those deliveries ever having anything to do with UK) and then by being fulfilled with zero issues. FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Cole wrote: »
    My DPD UK tracking was happily telling me earlier that my parcel was on its way and would be delivered today. The only problem was...it was on its way back to the sender!

Then it told me it was successfully delivered, but the sender (myprotein) informed me that they had not received it and the scans are wrong...it seems on lots of items. This is probably as much of an issue with my sender, but the whole thing is a mess.

Came here to see if anyone had updates after checking my own tracking...

My item was ordered from Germany,yet DPD chose to bring it through the UK through the Brexit mess and now it's on the way back to the sender as well.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Chora

Am guessing this is what’s happened to my package also. Saying delivered but no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

celticsfan wrote: »
    Came here to see if anyone had updates after checking my own tracking...

My item was ordered from Germany,yet DPD chose to bring it through the UK through the Brexit mess and now it's on the way back to the sender as well.. :(

My DPD tracking was telling me that my parcel was on its way to me, but when I went into the "manage delivery" options, I could see that it was going to the sender's (UK) address. My tracking gives really vague 'updates' (no actual locations are listed) and is completely inaccurate.

DPD UK say it's been delivered, but neither me nor the sender have received it. I guess it's somewhere in the Brexit black hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AnTarbh

Parcel picked up in the Netherlands on Tuesday evening and left Oirschot at 22:20 Tuesday night. How long generally would that parcel take to get delivered in Ireland? Any chance I’d have it on Friday? Do DPD deliver on Saturdays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

AnTarbh wrote: »
    Parcel picked up in the Netherlands on Tuesday evening and left Oirschot at 22:20 Tuesday night. How long generally would that parcel take to get delivered in Ireland? Any chance I’d have it on Friday? Do DPD deliver on Saturdays?

I've gotten parcels a few times from them on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

I had a package delivered today, which according to the tracking arrived in Oirschot @22:39 on 10.01 - arrived in Athlone at 01:02 and was delivered to me in Dublin by 11:00 this morning. Just over 3 days - no updates on the tracker between arriving in Oirschott and arriving in Athlone though.

Meanwhile I have another package sitting in Raunheim in Germany which looks like it hasn't moved since 06.01 which is starting to feel a bit frustrating.:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

wrstan wrote: »
    I had a package delivered today, which according to the tracking arrived in Oirschot @22:39 on 10.01 - arrived in Athlone at 01:02 and was delivered to me in Dublin by 11:00 this morning. Just over 3 days - no updates on the tracker between arriving in Oirschott and arriving in Athlone though.

Meanwhile I have another package sitting in Raunheim in Germany which looks like it hasn't moved since 06.01 which is starting to feel a bit frustrating.:(

Why would you expect it to update between Holland and Ireland? I would expect departure from depot, but that's it, it's not scanned en route.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Why would you expect it to update between Holland and Ireland? I would expect departure from depot, but that's it, it's not scanned en route.

It's no big issue, unless you obsessively hit refresh on the tracker :o - it just looked like it hadn't moved from Oirschot for days when it was very much en-route.

wrstan wrote: »

Anyone have any experience of DPD deliveries tracked through this centre in Germany? Any experiences of delays? Maybe there is a specific issue with my own package. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 kajzer

I have a parcel coming from Poland through DPD and I was interested how they will handle brexit delays.

Where as usually packages were transported through Germany, UK and finally Ireland, this time it's going through Oirschot in the Netherlands. I wonder how it will affect lead times and will it be put on a vessel in Rotterdam or something straight to Ireland or are they going through UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

kajzer wrote: »
    I have a parcel coming from Poland through DPD and I was interested how they will handle brexit delays.

Where as usually packages were transported through Germany, UK and finally Ireland, this time it's going through Oirschot in the Netherlands. I wonder how it will affect lead times and will it be put on a vessel in Rotterdam or something straight to Ireland or are they going through UK?

My package from Germany went through Hinckley, it cleared customs in the UK on the 1st January 2021 and now has left their Hinckley hub for the 4th time to get forwarded to their Athlone depot. Frustrating is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kajzer

Gally79 wrote: »
    My package from Germany went through Hinckley, it cleared customs in the UK on the 1st January 2021 and now has left their Hinckley hub for the 4th time to get forwarded to their Athlone depot. Frustrating is an understatement.

That's why I'm hoping it won't go through the UK, at work we're importing some items from the UK and they have been stuck at the customs for over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ursulal

Hi all,

Got a few emails and texts from Ddp saying I need to pay a customs charge for an upcoming delivery. Is this legit or a scam?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭corkie

Are you expecting a delivery?

Did you order something online for delivery, that you may have thought was from Ireland but shipped from uk?

e.g. Currys and Brexit

Check tracking provide by the seller to see where parcel is?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ursulal

corkie wrote: »
    Are you expecting a delivery?

Did you order something online for delivery, that you may have thought was from Ireland but shipped from uk?

e.g. Currys and Brexit

Check tracking provide by the seller to see where parcel is?

Yes expecting a delivery from Currys. Got caught up during the pause. Website looks legit etc. When I put in tracking number doesn't say where it is. Just that I got reminders from head office about repayment/authorisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem I am currently going through...

I got a text off DPD about my expected parcel that has to have import duty paid (27 on 125 or so)
    So I proceed to their payment link site on the text but then the problem below (email I sent to recommended address)

Hi
    I got a text referring about paying import duty on my expected parcel
    xxxxxxxxx
    The problem is when I follow the instructions to the page direct representation
    and try to press the agree button it simply won't "press" or proceed.
    I phoned your company and the lady said it's an issue DPD are having with the "live link"
    So she told me to email you at this address to try and solve this issue.

So basically I'm trying to pay the import duty on my parcel but can't!
    Please help!!!!

Just curious if anyone else having this annoying problem...?

I'll never order from the UK again!

Mod - moved to DPD thread

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I got something from dpd on Saturday that was sent from the uk on the 5th as a 48 hour service so maybe they're starting to catch up?

I am still waiting for something sent on the 12th though under their 48 hour scheme. I guess it'll get here when it gets here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Just a heads up anyone using DHD to pay their customs duty via phone text, the proceed button is not working and you have to phone DHD themselves 01 294 3230 and the staff member there will send your parcel # and details to their brexit department and they should send out a fresh link that actually works so you can pay and then get your parcel.

Mod - Moved, I presume its DPD.....

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

A company in the UK have just shipped something to me by DPD,

Will it come, I am ok with paying duty/vat ect but how will it play out,

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

eiei0 wrote: »
    A company in the UK have just shipped something to me by DPD,

Will it come, I am ok with paying duty/vat ect but how will it play out,

Thanks

DPD Will send you a notification and link to pay any customs owed; once you pay, they will deliver it to you

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Parcel was picked up late yesterday evening text at 4am to pay roughly 25% of the value of the items, paid at 7:30 and now it states it's in customs,

Working ok so far, how long until I get it is the next question??

If I have it by next Friday I don't think that will be too bad,

How I miss PM 😪

How long did your parcel take in the end?

DPD Delivery time calculator: - https://www.dpd.com/nl/en/support/#looptijdencalculator

Above suggested 3 to 4 Days for classic

Amazon.com parcel coming from US reported there on Friday.

"22.01.2021 15:07 Oirschot (NL) "

So hoping to have it delivered all going well by Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

How long did your parcel take in the end?

DPD Delivery time calculator: - https://www.dpd.com/nl/en/support/#looptijdencalculator

Above suggested 3 to 4 Days for classic

Amazon.com parcel coming from US reported there on Friday.

"22.01.2021 15:07 Oirschot (NL) "

So hoping to have it delivered all going well by Thursday.

I've a package handed to dpd on 18th of Jan. Last update was 21 Jan 2021
    22:24 In transit Oirschot, Netherlands

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    I've a package handed to dpd on 18th of Jan. Last update was 21 Jan 2021
    22:24 In transit Oirschot, Netherlands

DPD.ie tracking has an update on status today.

"
    Order data received from sender
    Head Office 18/1/2021 at 18:46 <<< Amazon.com notification of process

International Hub - In Transit
    Oirschot - Netherlands 22/1/2021 at 15:07 <<< Arrival from US

Oirschot - Netherlands 24/1/2021 at 20:02 <<< leaving NL

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network
    Head Office 27/1/2021 at 17:04 <<< Hopefully processed in Ireland

"

tracking(.)dpd(.)de/status/en_US/parcel/ has yet to be update with latest details.

Edit: now has details.
    27.01.2021 17:04 ATHLONE (IE) In transit.

Hopefully your parcel might have been in the same shipment to Ireland?

DPD.ie tracking has an update on status today.

"
    Order data received from sender
    Head Office 18/1/2021 at 18:46 <<< Amazon.com notification of process

Oirschot - Netherlands 22/1/2021 at 15:07 <<< Arrival from US

Oirschot - Netherlands 24/1/2021 at 20:02 <<< leaving NL

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network
    Head Office 27/1/2021 at 17:04 <<< Hopefully processed in Ireland

"

tracking(.)dpd(.)de/status/en_US/parcel/ has yet to be update with latest details.

Edit: now has details.
    27.01.2021 17:04 ATHLONE (IE) In transit.

Hopefully your parcel might have been in the same shipment to Ireland?

Arrived 40 minutes behind yours. Must be on same van as yours

Expected delivery today

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Expected delivery today

Mine arrived around the time of your post.

"DPD UK order will be delivered today between 10:00 - 11:00"

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

Can anyone cast light on this situation. I'm getting large order 30kg package sent to me from Poland to Ireland.

Package was scanned last on 27th of January, in Netherlands hub, and its now in transit.

Still no sign of it I contacted seller. They are chasing up however I don't have great trust in them anyway so I done some digging.

Rang Netherlands. And as confirmed package has left there. Once I track it on dpd Ireland site it says tracking number isn't right. ( wondering so that the package hasn't been scanned here yet?)

DPD main hub in Ireland won't answer their calls at all. Tried 3 x 30 mins calls and nothing.

Basicly does this mean Im now not waiting for parcel as it never will arrive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Contact DPD directly by phone or on Twitter.

Advertisement