Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Do you deliver 24/7?

Stupid question, as you know the answer. :rolleyes:

I have found DPD to be spot-on so far, received my parcel next-day at the promised times. Used it 3 times so far. Effie from their FB team too, I found her to be very helpful with any queries I had.

Well done guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Got mine today - went off without a hitch. Got my text the day before, and a text with a 1hr window this morning and he arrived on time. Good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Really sorry to hear this. Could you please supply me with your tracking number so I can investigate why this happened. Liam

Got a second delivery today and everything went as it was supposed to. Got the text this time. I'll send you the tracking number of the first delivery where I didn't get a text though. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Used my first delivery yesterday. All good, received text to say what time my parcel would be delivered and it was delivered within the timeframe specified.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭dannyo666

My ebay parcel was delivered to the PW address yet when i log into my parcel wizard account...there is no record of any delivery-It was tracked all the way and arrived at parcel wizards address yesterday....how long after a delivery is made at PWs depot can you see there's a package waiting for you on PWs site?I think the package landed yesterday afternoon(friday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

barneyrub wrote: »
    Just had a delivery made to them today and text to say it will be delivered here on Monday. Will see how it goes.

Well my package was received by dpd yesterday and I received text to say it would be delivered on Monday.

It was delivered this morning (which suited fine as I was home) but no text received and a juggle to hide it from the kids ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Cant seem to register for a new account ,get email back "activate email" then press activate email,then saids you will get another email then text with a code ,but dont get anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Cant seem to register for a new account ,get email back "activate email" then press activate email,then saids you will get another email then text with a code ,but dont get anything?

I think the second one is a text (I thought it read email too now that you mention it). Did you put in a valid number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Received my free 3, so far delighted with the service. Anyone know how you pay for future deliveries?

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

Thanks for this - I'm nearly 30km from Parcelmotel collection lockers so this will suit me while on maternity leave at home... Well done DPD - competition is always good for us consumers and it does save us money on postage from uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

thecivvie wrote:
    Received my free 3, so far delighted with the service. Anyone know how you pay for future deliveries?

Once you've used your 3 free and another arrives at the UK address they then contact you about payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I think the second one is a text (I thought it read email too now that you mention it). Did you put in a valid number?

Yes, you can click on a link to see your details, but i get no text?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

My first delivery using Royal Mail went without a hitch.
    I've another one coming this week using Yodel and I'm a bit concerned having read this thread that it might not get to Parcel Wizard. I need this parcel this week and can't afford to have it go missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Muahahaha wrote: »

Also their price of €3.85 to deliver to your door is pretty competitive given Parcel Motel charge €3.90 and you have to pick it up yourself. Good to see some competition in the market for this type of service.

To be honest the pick it up yourself service is a huge benefit of Parcel Motel for me.

The post depot is at a remote location in Galway so I often even have Irish parcels delivered at PM. Luckily I have a car but I've often seen taxis waiting at the depot for people collecting their parcels from An Post!

I wonder where the DPD depot is in Galway? I suppose you have to pick it up there if you're not home?

But its nice to have another UK address service since many UK retailers are blocking Parcel Motel Now. Grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭irishairsoft1

could anyone tell me how does this work with sports direct?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

To one of the reps:

What is the deal if we receive spam mail to our Parcel Wizard address? I did ask this by email quite a long time ago but you didn't bother answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

To one of the reps:

What is the deal if we receive spam mail to our Parcel Wizard address? I did ask this by email quite a long time ago but you didn't bother answering.

They won't answer by email either. I'm still waiting on two email replies over a week later. They did promise, here by PM, to look into it but still no answer.

Get basic customer service correct first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Berty wrote: »
    They won't answer by email either. I'm still waiting on two email replies over a week later. They did promise, here by PM, to look into it but still no answer.

It's clear enough that customer service is pretty poor, I think that was mentioned about DPD right at the start of the thread if I remember correctly. I really wouldn't look forward to dealing with them if a package went missing.
    But at least on here they'll have to make the effort.

(I'm not necessarily blaming the reps either. I don't know whose fault it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Dear REPS:

Do the first 3 free stays expire at the end of December or can we carry them over to next year if we sign up now?

and

If I order via Amazon (Prime 1 day service) and the order is split into 2 packages (1 order) will DPD merge them into 1 charge or will we be charged twice? This is been a MAJOR issue with Parcel Motel.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Joo0 wrote: »
    Do the first 3 free stays expire at the end of December or can we carry them over to next year if we sign up now?

They will expire end of December.

If I order via Amazon (Prime 1 day service) and the order is split into 2 packages (1 order) will DPD merge them into 1 charge or will we be charged twice?

They will be charged twice.

Both questions are answered on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Dear REPS:

and

If I order via Amazon (Prime 1 day service) and the order is split into 2 packages (1 order) will DPD merge them into 1 charge or will we be charged twice? This is been a MAJOR issue with Parcel Motel.

Thanks.

DPD wont merge parcels, You will be charged for each, Disappointing I know, Shouldn't be as they would have to deliver the 2 anyway.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi N64,

We did indeed have some problems with them last week. However, everything seems to be working fine now.

Don't hesitate to contact us for any further information that you might need :)

dannyo666 wrote: »
    My ebay parcel was delivered to the PW address yet when i log into my parcel wizard account...there is no record of any delivery-It was tracked all the way and arrived at parcel wizards address yesterday....how long after a delivery is made at PWs depot can you see there's a package waiting for you on PWs site?I think the package landed yesterday afternoon(friday)

Hi Danny,

It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Please let us know if you haven't received a confirmation yet.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Hi Scoop,

Please let us know if you're still experiencing problems with your registration.

thecivvie wrote: »

Hi thecivvie,

Once your free credits are used up and we receive a parcel for you, an email will be sent to you detailing payment options. You will also be able to top up on your UK Virtual Address page using paypal, credit and debit cards soon. :)

I wonder where the DPD depot is in Galway? I suppose you have to pick it up there if you're not home?

Hi GekkePrutser,

Our depot in Galway is in Ballybane Industrial Estate, Ballybane, Galway

Please click on the link below for more info:

http://dpd.ie/About-DPD/DPD-Depot-Finder/Connaught/galway

To one of the reps:

Hi NeverWaining,

Do you mean like a spam email or actual mail?

Berty wrote: »

Hi Berty,

We did answer you a couple of pages back. The tracking number you sent us dates back to 2013. Please let us know if you have a more recent one.

Thanks,
    Ciara

Dear REPS:

and

Thanks.
    DPD wont merge parcels, You will be charged for each, Disappointing I know, Shouldn't be as they would have to deliver the 2 anyway.

Hi guys,

The 3 FREE deliveries expire at the end of December 2015. However more promotional offers will follow. :)

I'm afraid we won't be able to merge parcels, as our parcel identification process is automated. Nevertheless, this is something that we are currently working on for the future. We do advise you to contact your sender and ask them to pack your purchases together, even if that means that they are going to be in a bigger box, as we are rather flexible with the maximum size and weight of each order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Hi NeverWaining,

Do you mean like a spam email or actual mail?

I'm sure he means spam mail such as catalogues, the likes of dell, misco and tesco direct are desperate for sending you junk mail after an order.

Advertisement