Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Hi guys,

You won't be receiving any of these through the UK Virtual Address, as we don't have any connection with the original sender. However DPD might send you marketing communications about offers, products and services that you might be interested in from our trusted third party partners. You will always have the option of opting out of receiving these messages as set out in the "unsubscribe" part of the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Hi guys,

You won't be receiving any of these through the UK Virtual Address, as we don't have any connection with the original sender. However DPD might send you marketing communications about offers, products and services that you might be interested in from our trusted third party partners. You will always have the option of opting out of receiving these messages as set out in the "unsubscribe" part of the message.

You don't have to have a connection. if a customer uses the DPD virtual address for one item, there's little DPD can do to stop that vendor using the address again (and DPD won't know if the mail is solicited/unsolicited) so will have to charge the customer

The onus is on the customer to make sure they don't tick/untick any boxes that relate to further communication unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

One of the biggest problems with ordering multiple items through amazon prime in the same order is that you have no idea if the items are going to be sent out separately. It's impossible to get them to only send stuff out in one package, even with the lowest shipping speed selected (and the dispatch items separately box unticked)

If a solution was found for this issue on DPD's side, I would exclusively order stuff to the Parcel Wizard address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭baldshin

Just had my first Parcel Wizard delivery. Ordered from The Game Collection on Thursday and delivered this morning, great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hi Berty,

We did answer you a couple of pages back. The tracking number you sent us dates back to 2013. Please let us know if you have a more recent one.

Thanks,
    Ciara

This is news to me because you never told me this. If I made an error you could have told me rather than not bothering to reply to my PM. I'll take this direct to your company as through boards.ie is getting me nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Berty I just noticed that the tracking number you sent me is from a delivery you got in 2013 :)

Could it be that you have another one?

Berty, see above reply from Ciara three days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Hi DPD Ireland:

it's a shame that there is no pricelist for oversized items available.

Could you tell me what the price for this item would be:

Dimension: 71.12 x 45.72 x 33.02 cm (so if I calculate that correctly it's 17.89 kg)
    Real Weight: 20 kg

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Trying this out. Ordered from Amazon on Saturday using the free delivery. Let's see if I can get it by Friday!

Was Delivered on Friday to the depot (like it said it would) and was redirected to my work where I collected it.
    10/10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Can confirm that the YODEL problem seems to have been solved. Just have had a delivery from them registered now :D

Techmaster wrote: »
    Berty, see above reply from Ciara three days ago.

It was a private message conversation so I was expecting a private message reply so after seeing their message from days ago and now telling me my tracking number is 3 years old I gave up and rang them.

Yes I'm correct. The driver didn't ring me, it was a virtual address, I didn't sign for it even though the driver says I did, the driver did deliver it to a completely different address and didn't tell me and didn't put a card in my door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Berty wrote:
    It was a private message conversation so I was expecting a private message reply so after seeing their message from days ago and now telling me my tracking number is 3 years old I gave up and rang them.

Berty wrote:
    Yes I'm correct. The driver didn't ring me, it was a virtual address, I didn't sign for it even though the driver says I did, the driver did deliver it to a completely different address and didn't tell me and didn't put a card in my door.

You can't have it both ways.you keep posting about it .Then complain if they don't PM you.They have already said the driver should not have signed for it.You got your parcel.What do you want?Blood!

They said that it wasn't a virtual address and also said it was a delivery from 3 years ago.

They didn't reply to my first email on their website nor the second so I come here and they can't work this either.

It would have been straight forward if they were straight forward not jumping between PMs and the forum posting contradictory information.

This is a talk to page so when you ask do I want blood, no just the service they promised not the run around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Hi NeverWaining,

Do you mean like a spam email or actual mail?
    I'm sure he means spam mail such as catalogues, the likes of dell, misco and tesco direct are desperate for sending you junk mail after an order.
    Hi guys,

Dodge wrote: »
    You don't have to have a connection. if a customer uses the DPD virtual address for one item, there's little DPD can do to stop that vendor using the address again (and DPD won't know if the mail is solicited/unsolicited) so will have to charge the customer

Yes junk mail, exactly as descrobed by crabbypaddy.

If I buy from a seller (who now has my PW address) and they decide to send unwanted promotional material through the mail will you guys charge me for it?

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi NeverWaining

The answer to your question is no, we wont be charging you for any unsolicited deliveries, nor will we be making them. Our new service offering the UK Virtual Address is simply put in place to offer our customers a more convenient way of receiving deliveries that has not been available to them up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭dannyo666

Just got my email/text.....parcel was at PW depot friday afternoon,i guess that they stop sending texts/emails as its the end of the working working week?can see this causing havoc over xmas as people panic buy/wait.........anyways alls good as of now for me, it seems parcel should arrive tomorrow.......very good service so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

ok I am confused. just signed up with Parcel Wizard and cant find anything about delivery to your home. just checking depot finder?????

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

HI Yggr of Asgard

If you become a Parcel Wizard member and get it delivered via our UK Virtual address it will be free as we are offering 3 free deliveries between now and the end of 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

For the record, my parcel never arrived. No one involved seems to give a **** either.

Thankfully I got a no quibble refund and was down a couple of hundred quid. Just down on time and patience.

I'll never use this service again. Especially how DPD just washed their hands and said "good luck".

A shame, the market would benefit from the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jaypea1

DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi Ciara,
    I am about to order a beanbag from amazon. Apparently is comes in a brown box measuring 60cm x 60cm x 60cm and weights around 7kg.
    Would you be able to tell me if it will cost more than the standard fee, as it is oversized?

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    For the record, my parcel never arrived. No one involved seems to give a **** either.

Thankfully I got a no quibble refund and was down a couple of hundred quid. Just down on time and patience.

I'll never use this service again. Especially how DPD just washed their hands and said "good luck".

A shame, the market would benefit from the competition.

As already confirmed by them on here many times, DPD never even had your item. Quit shaking your fists at them, they were not responsible.

• Advertisement

HI Yggr of Asgard

If you become a Parcel Wizard member and get it delivered via our UK Virtual address it will be free as we are offering 3 free deliveries between now and the end of 2015.

Sorry Ciara, that is not addressing my question unless the 3 free deliveries are independent of size.

The size I gave is clearly over 10 kg, so I'm trying to understand what the extra cost is:

Dimension: 71.12 x 45.72 x 33.02 cm (so if I calculate that correctly it's 17.89 kg)

Thanks

ParcelWizard's weight limit is 20kg so you should be fine. I can't imagine them charging you extra for the bigger sized box for your first three free deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

As already confirmed by them on here many times, DPD never even had your item. Quit shaking your fists at them, they were not responsible.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were the mouthpiece for DPD.

My apologies.

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were the mouthpiece for DPD.

My apologies.

No need to apologise sarcastically mate, I'm just voicing my opinion. This is, after all, a public forum.

I think you are just annoyed you can't complain legitimately about DPD's service. You can see from this thread most people are very happy with the service provided, including myself (3 deliveries so far)

You need to take your complaint up with whoever Amazon used for shipping your parcel, not DPD.

EDIT: closed account says it all really.

ParcelWizard's weight limit is 20kg so you should be fine. I can't imagine them charging you extra for the bigger sized box for your first three free deliveries.

That was my thought too but it's way over the 40cm x 40cm x 60cm which is why I was skeptical and wanted clarity.

I'm going to try it now and see if it works. PM would charge 14.95 € for it as home delivery, so PW is way better there if it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

is the 3 free deliveries offer still available?

Hi, The 3 Free deliveries is available up to 31st December for all Parcel Wizard members both new and existing.

Berty wrote: »
    They said that it wasn't a virtual address and also said it was a delivery from 3 years ago.

They didn't reply to my first email on their website nor the second so I come here and they can't work this either.

It would have been straight forward if they were straight forward not jumping between PMs and the forum posting contradictory information.

This is a talk to page so when you ask do I want blood, no just the service they promised not the run around.

Hi Berty,

Apologies for the confusion. We saw that the most recent message was one on this thread and decided to reply to that one instead of your PMs. Should have done both. Really sorry about that

I'm afraid that the tracking number you sent us dates from a few years back. We can see that it was a delivery made to you, so we were wondering if you have another one and somehow those two got mixed up. Let us know. We're here to help :)

jaypea1 wrote: »
    DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi Ciara,
    I am about to order a beanbag from amazon. Apparently is comes in a brown box measuring 60cm x 60cm x 60cm and weights around 7kg.
    Would you be able to tell me if it will cost more than the standard fee, as it is oversized?

Hi there,

That'll be fine. Send us the tracking number when you get it and we'll keep an eye on it. Liam

• Advertisement

Sorry Ciara, that is not addressing my question unless the 3 free deliveries are independent of size.

The size I gave is clearly over 10 kg, so I'm trying to understand what the extra cost is:

Thanks

Hi Yggr,

That should be fine too. Let us know of the tracking number when you get it, just to keep an eye on it. Liam

Advertisement