Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi Jaypea 1

The good news is no it wont cost any more, and if you have registered with Parcel Wizard you can avail of 3 free deliveries we will be able to deliver this from our UK Virtual Address to you for free! Happy shopping :)

Trond wrote: »
    I'm near certain its DPD that send a txt before delivery is due with an approx. time of delivery and the option to cancel or rearrange. If they offer that with the new service I'll be definitely signing up...

Yes, Parcel Wizard users have the ability to reschedule, hold or redirect to an alternative address and receive a text advising them of a 1 hour window within which their parcel will be delivered! And don't forget to avail of our 3 FREE deliveries for Parcel Wizard members. Happy shopping :)

gubby wrote: »
    ok I am confused. just signed up with Parcel Wizard and cant find anything about delivery to your home. just checking depot finder?????

If you are now a member of Parcel Wizard and are ordering form out side Ireland, just address your purchase to our UK Virtual Address and we will deliver to your home address or another address that you choose. There is a video of the process on the front page of the Parcel Wizard site that may be a help also. If you need any more info don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Ciara

is the 3 free deliveries offer still available?

Yes indeed it is! Lots of people availing of it at the moment! This offer is available to all Parcel Wizard members up until the end of 2015. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Ordered on Amazon Prime Sunday, delivered to South Dublin this morning at 09:30.

While PW and PM would both have received it into Antrim at the same time, i reckon it would have been Wednesday or Thursday for it to make it's way through the PM system.

I'm sure it's all down to volumes right now. I wonder how both will be doing come mid-December !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

If ParcelWizard keep to these very good delivery times during the Xmas season, they'll be onto a winner. PM I imagine will be delays delays and more delays like the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Did you get a job for DPD the past few weeks techmaster?

The think that makes PM attractive is you can pick it up when it suits you, not the delivery company. No one else is offering that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

RossieMan wrote: »

The think that makes PM attractive is you can pick it up when it suits you, not the delivery company. No one else is offering that yet.

What makes it attractive to me is that getting anything delivered to up the north is quite often way more faster and cheaper.

For example standard delivery on amazon.es for a CPU will take a week and costs €10 to my Irish address where as priority shipping will cost €7 to the address up the north and that is next day guaranteed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Parcel Connect does. Deliveries from the UK and Ireland to your local shop:

https://www.parcelconnect.ie/

For many people they were only using Parcel Motel for the UK virtual address and having it delivered to a motel when they could have it delivered to their home or work was actually a hassle. I know it was for me. PW is a much better alternative now for people like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

The PW v PM argument has been done to death here.Each service has its advantages,some people like myself will prefer the PW home/work delivery option whereas the PM option of 24/7 collection from a locker will suit others.Its good to have the options and competition will keep prices down. So its all good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Hi I'm a parcel wizard first timer! I have ordered a product from the UK that does not deliver to Ireland so I used my pw number as I was shown in a sample when I set up the account, so it would be as follows: pw******* followed by my actual own address, I went into my account today and notice the tab for my virtual UK address, I presume this is the one I was meant to use in the first place??? And my parcel will never actually reach me now???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

amor3 wrote: »
    Hi I'm a parcel wizard first timer! I have ordered a product from the UK that does not deliver to Ireland so I used my pw number as I was shown in a sample when I set up the account, so it would be as follows: pw******* followed by my actual own address, I went into my account today and notice the tab for my virtual UK address, I presume this is the one I was meant to use in the first place??? And my parcel will never actually reach me now???

I dont know what will happen,but yes,you should of used your pw id number followed by the virtual address in mallusk,then dpd forward it to your home address

I dont know what will happen,but yes,you should of used your pw id number followed by the virtual address in mallusk,then dpd forward it to your home address

Thanks, I did use my own pw id, don't know if it can find its way to me from that, if not, it's not a big amount of cash. Thanks again!

This is the sample I was sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Either it wont be posted or you will receive it there is no reason for it to go missing if you have given your address

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dvd

just had my delivery canceled. yodel would not deliver to the dpd address in antrim

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

dvd wrote: »
    just had my delivery canceled. yodel would not deliver to the dpd address in antrim

That's obviously an issue on yodel's part rather than DPD's thou, out of curiosity, how are yodel's deliveries to Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dvd

Yeah, no fault on dpd's part. I wonder what excuse yodel are using for not delivering to PW. Can they refuse to deliver to a certain address for no reason. Not sure about yodel deliveries to Parcel Motel

If you contact the company you purchased from and amend the address to the Virtual address you should get your parcel, it might cause some small delay but should work out for you in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yes indeed, I am now officially the CEO of DPD. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Yeah, no fault on dpd's part. I wonder what excuse yodel are using for not delivering to PW. Can they refuse to deliver to a certain address for no reason. Not sure about yodel deliveries to Parcel Motel

I got Yodel to Parcel Motel before.

But I can't understand why Yodel would not deliver to DPD because it's the best for the Yodel driver. The Yodel driver (sub contractor) get's paid by the parcel he delivers, so if he can drop xx amounts of parcel to DPD in one go he must be happy because it's money for him without the usual work.

You will need to contact the seller and ask them to sort it out because they have the contract with Yodel.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm sure DPD have an idea why seeing as they themselves had on occasions refused to deliver to parcel motel.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Hi there, can you send us your Yodel tracking number to contact them directly? Thanks, Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭derek2222_ie

I Just signed up. Is the 3 free deliveries still available and if so how do I go about getting them. Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Berty wrote: »
    I'm sure DPD have an idea why seeing as they themselves had on occasions refused to deliver to parcel motel.

Only when we were asked by the sender to get a signature by the recipient named on the parcel. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Would you mind posting whatever correspondence Yodel sent you? I'm waiting on a a yodel order too, it's really a crock of s##t if they are refusing to deliver there.

Trond wrote: »
    I'm near certain its DPD that send a txt before delivery is due with an approx. time of delivery and the option to cancel or rearrange. If they offer that with the new service I'll be definitely signing up...

Hi Trond

Yes, we do currently offer all these options and will be adding even more in the near future :) Sign up now and take advantage of the 3 free deliveries we are offering to all Parcel Wizard members before the end of 2015

I Just signed up. Is the 3 free deliveries still available and if so how do I go about getting them. Thanks

Hi Derek, yes the offer of 3 free deliveries are available till the end of 2015 :)
    To avail of them, when you make a purchase online just address your parcel to our UK Virtual address including you Parcel Wizard number and we will then deliver to your preferred address. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any further help!
    Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Used it there for the first time, worked out really great, estimation on the text was accurate.

PW actually probably works out better for me cause im the wrong side of Athlone for the PM locker. The local shop is happy enough to take small parcels too if someone is not home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Hi thecivvie,

Once your free credits are used up and we receive a parcel for you, an email will be sent to you detailing payment options. You will also be able to top up on your UK Virtual Address page using paypal, credit and debit cards soon. :)

Excellent. I did miss a call from the depot dunno why as I am not expecting anything else. Maybe just asking how I rate the service 10/10 :)

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement