Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

amor3 wrote: »
    I put my own address after I put in my pw id first, as it was shown in the sample and now I don't know where my parcel is!!

Because the UK Virtual address was not used your parcel will probably travel through the company you purchased from's normal dispatch company. It might be useful to contact them and ask for tracking details so that you can keep an eye on its progress. If you want to avail of the 3 free deliveries from Parcel Wizard you should address your parcels to our UK virtual address below and our system will match it with your home address and you will receive it there via DPD.

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/#/my-uk-virtual-address

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Because the UK Virtual address was not used your parcel will probably travel through the company you purchased from's normal dispatch company. It might be useful to contact them and ask for tracking details so that you can keep an eye on its progress. If you want to avail of the 3 free deliveries from Parcel Wizard you should address your parcels to our UK virtual address below and our system will match it with your home address and you will receive it there via DPD.

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/#/my-uk-virtual-address

All very well now, but as I said earlier this is the sample I was shown. Clearly says to put in your pw id followed by normal address.

amor3 wrote: »
    All very well now, but as I said earlier this is the sample I was shown. Clearly says to put in your pw id followed by normal address.

This is correct for deliveries within Ireland but if you are availing of the Virtual UK Address, the Mallusk one must be used. Please accept our apologies if this proved confusing on our website.

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

I've been using this like mad over the past few weeks and it has been fantastic. I've had 6-7 deliveries from Amazon.de using one day shipping to NI and then it's one day with DPD down here. Haven't had a single problem with it. Hope it sticks around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

This is correct for deliveries within Ireland but if you are availing of the Virtual UK Address, the Mallusk one must be used. Please accept our apologies if this proved confusing on our website.

Regards

Ciara

I think you might need to point out the different functions more clearly on your webpage. I do understand them as I am using ParcelWizard for a long while now.

ParcelWizard works with any shipment that comes via DPD (even if send from outside Ireland as long as a DPD Ireland is the last mile carrier), in that case simply add the PWXXXX as your first line in addition to your standard shipping address and enjoy all the ParcelWizard benefits (notification, reschedule, different address, collect at depot).

ParcelWizard Virtual UK address works with any carrier if you provide the UK virtual address as your shipping address. Once received in Malusk you than can use the other ParcelWizard functions too.

ParcelWizard is also great in case of foreign DPD deliveries to Ireland where the sender forgets to add e-mail or sms into the dataset because it picks the PW line up and you get the e-mail and sms even than.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I've been using this like mad over the past few weeks and it has been fantastic. I've had 6-7 deliveries from Amazon.de using one day shipping to NI and then it's one day with DPD down here. Haven't had a single problem with it. Hope it sticks around.

How did you pay DPD for these deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

How did you pay DPD for these deliveries?

I didn't :o

I guess there's no payment option set up yet....I dunno. Haven't been billed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Just got my second delivery. Very pleased with the timeliness.
    I must have caught the driver on a bad day, he had no patience when I tried to give him directions.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

I'm going to have a fun delivery today.

Amazon shipped something via DPD to my DPD virtual UK address, so let's see how fast that is processed.

Funny enough there is no status update since yesterday 18 Nov 2015 19:55 in Hub 4 - Hinckley We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Mallusk depot.

Now let's see when I will see that package online and in Dublin.

Hi Yggr,

Will you send me your tracking number from DPD UK to have a look.

Liam

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I wonder will this count as a delivery. Since Amazon are shipping via DPD there shouldn't really be a charge.

Can one of the Reps confirm?

Hi there,

The first part of the delivery is covered by Amazon to Northern Ireland via DPD UK. The €3.85 is covering the trip from the north to your door via DPD Ireland. :)

• Advertisement

I think you might need to point out the different functions more clearly on your webpage. I do understand them as I am using ParcelWizard for a long while now.

We'll take your comments on board and see what we can do :)

I didn't :o

I guess there's no payment option set up yet....

Hi guys,

You can pay via Credit or Debit Card and Paypal. A payment request is sent to members by email, once they've used their free credits.

Let me know if you need any more information on this.

Just got my second delivery. Very pleased with the timeliness.
    I must have caught the driver on a bad day, he had no patience when I tried to give him directions.

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can you please PM me your tracking number in order to follow up?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Regards

Ciara

I have been on to the company and they said my order got through. Because I had to put in a country and Ireland was not on the drop down menu I used UK so hopefully I will get it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

How long does it take the verification code to be sent to your mobile after you register for the first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just paid for my first two deliveries having used the three free ones. DPD automatically sent me a Paypal payment request which was handy.

Auto-payment like Parcel Motel would be ideal, appreciate that it's in the pipeline. All about reducing customer effort! :)

crazygeryy wrote: »
    How long does it take the verification code to be sent to your mobile after you register for the first time?

The verification code should reach you within 10 minutes, if you are having difficulty registering please PM me your contact number and I will be happy to give you a call and assist you through the process.

Regards

Ciara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

One quick question to DPD Reps: I expected delivery tomorrow and knew I'd be away, so created an event - parcel to be delivered for depot collection (depot 34, Sligo), and indeed, it's on its way to Sligo depot and it more than likely will be there by tomorrow.

I found an information that depot is open 9am to 6pm, but there's no information I'm interested in - are they opened during a lunchtime as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Could you please private message me the tracking number of the package you received it will speed up our investigation, many thanks, Ciara
    Hi, just wondering if you received my PM and if there is a follow up?

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    One quick question to DPD Reps: I expected delivery tomorrow and knew I'd be away, so created an event - parcel to be delivered for depot collection (depot 34, Sligo), and indeed, it's on its way to Sligo depot and it more than likely will be there by tomorrow.

I found an information that depot is open 9am to 6pm, but there's no information I'm interested in - are they opened during a lunchtime as well?

Yes indeed they are open during lunch time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Yes indeed they are open during lunch time :)
    Thank you very much! I'm really glad to hear that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Well i must say hats off to you dpd-parcel wizard.
    I have been using parcel motel since it launched,and your service wins hands down.
    I have found it much quicker and the fact that you deliver to my home for less is superb!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

I'm currently a little annoyed. My housemate has just told me DPD just delivered my parcel a day earlier than scheduled without notifying me first by ramming the parcel through the letterbox.

I now get to go home and find out how much they've ruined two previously perfect condition out of print books on me. -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

So how did the DPD driver get a signature I'm wondering ?

L wrote: »
    I'm currently a little annoyed. My housemate has just told me DPD just delivered my parcel a day earlier than scheduled without notifying me first by ramming the parcel through the letterbox.

I now get to go home and find out how much they've ruined two previously perfect condition out of print books on me. -_-

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Tony wrote: »

I think it's very acceptable practice (and has been for a long time) to pop a package through the letterbox if it fits when there's nobody home. That goes for every courier service. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people prefer this too, rather than wait around on another day to meet the driver and sign for it.

Ramming it in is not of course.

Sold!!! Just in time to move the stuff I wanted from amazon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Tony wrote: »

He didn't.
    I think it's very acceptable practice (and has been for a long time) to pop a package through the letterbox if it fits when there's nobody home. That goes for every courier service. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people prefer this too, rather than wait around on another day to meet the driver and sign for it.

Well, my housemate was home (nobody knocked), I'd specifically asked for it to be delivered tomorrow, and you're supposed to get a text telling you when it will be delivered. If that wasn't the case, I wouldn't be as annoyed about it.

The books are a bit more battered now than they should be but at least they're in one piece. I'm lucky that the lad who sent me them packaged them with extra padding - big jagged tear through the outer envelope and first layer of packing from where it was jammed into the letterbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

L wrote: »
    Well, my housemate was home (nobody knocked), I'd specifically asked for it to be delivered tomorrow, and you're supposed to get a text telling you when it will be delivered. If that wasn't the case, I wouldn't be as annoyed about it.

The books are a bit more battered now than they should be but at least they're in one piece. I'm lucky that the lad who sent me them packaged them with extra padding - big jagged tear through the outer envelope and first layer of packing from where it was jammed into the letterbox.

I can totally understand why you're frustrated. The wrong day and the package was too large for the letterbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Doge

Hi Ciara and Liam,

Just wondering what the procedure is if custom duty is to be charged on a package coming into virtual address from outside the EU.

Do DPD send the package back to the seller like Parcel Motel do, or is there a way the customer can pay the duty?

Thanks.

Edit: just found the FAQ and it appears they will not accept items outside the EU with a customs charge:

As long as the parcels originate from within the EU and the retailer you purchase from has a delivery option to Northern Ireland. However, DPD is not responsible for any charges on delivery e.g. Payment on Delivery, customs duties etc. and deliveries of this nature will not be accepted into the My UK Virtual Address.

Advertisement