Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just got my second delivery. Very pleased with the timeliness.
    I must have caught the driver on a bad day, he had no patience when I tried to give him directions.

Perhaps he already knew where he was going and was just trying to save you the hassle. When people start giving me directions I completely blank out, I've usually got the address pinpointed on my GPS and know it will take me to within a few meters and directions people give can often sound like they think you're a local and know all the pub names and assume you're coming from a certain direction etc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Just got my first delivary,spot on with the timing as per email and txt message.also got my welcome letter and fridge magnet with my parcel wizard pw number.happy experience so far,glad i signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I think it's very acceptable practice (and has been for a long time) to pop a package through the letterbox if it fits when there's nobody home.

Don't mean to drag this off topic but I disagree in DPD's case . I use DPD for our deliveries and we insist on a signature to ensure the parcel gets to its recipient in good condition.
    I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people prefer this too, rather than wait around on another day to meet the driver and sign for it.

With a one hour delivery slot that you can change why would anyone have to wait around?

Sorry for OT

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

cormie wrote: »
    Perhaps he already knew where he was going and was just trying to save you the hassle. When people start giving me directions I completely blank out, I've usually got the address pinpointed on my GPS and know it will take me to within a few meters and directions people give can often sound like they think you're a local and know all the pub names and assume you're coming from a certain direction etc :pac:

My directions weren't great in hindsight.
    But at the same time, you don't expect to hear someone muttering 'Jesus' under his breath and sarcastically asking 'Do you know where you live?' when he couldn't get what I was explaining.
    I won't lose any sleep over it though, its not worth following it up :)

Ah yeah that's a bit ott, he didn't have to react that way.

Have DPD now started using Parcel Wizard for all deliveries? I ordered a package from a supplier up North I used in the past and it was always next day if ordered up to a certain time, but this time I got a text message and email saying it would be delivered tomorrow and to reply if I wanted to change this, then this morning I get a text saying it'll be delivered between 10:09 and 11:09. Very good to be kept in the loop!

Also, I'm sure it's already been asked, but is there a max weight/size for the parcel service from the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

cormie wrote: »
    Have DPD now started using Parcel Wizard for all deliveries?

Yes it been there for some time for deliveries within Ireland but even if you don't sign up for parcel wizard the one hour time slot should still be sent to you if the shipper within Ireland has forwarded on your mobile number to dpd.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Thanks, it arrived at 11:05 :) I asked the driver do they update the system with the time they think they'll be in the area and he confirmed they do, which is good as the driver would know best. Good system :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

So I signed up (thanks op) and got a text this morning saying parcel received and it will be delivered Monday. Checked online it says received in the north.
    In a versus parcel motel fight off anything received in the north on a Friday morning(or any morning) would generally be put in a locker that day and available either late Friday night or for pick up all weekend. Apart from the virtual uk address which pm already has I don't think this is the service for me.
    Wont be there Monday or any day during the day which puts this in the an post category with the uk address advantage.

My thoughts to dpd is if u added Saturday delivery it would be excellent.

Ps
    What delivery companies should offer is after normal working hours and weekend deliveries. I'd personally pay a little extra for this as deliveries during the working day are never received in a timely manner for anyone who works and is rarely at home during the day. Case in point ive just got an email from an post saying they tried to deliver earlier. If im not home early this evening ive to wait til Monday. This is one of the advantages of PM

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

L wrote: »
    I'm currently a little annoyed. My housemate has just told me DPD just delivered my parcel a day earlier than scheduled without notifying me first by ramming the parcel through the letterbox.

I now get to go home and find out how much they've ruined two previously perfect condition out of print books on me. -_-

Hi L,

Can you PM us your tracking no. in order to follow up?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blacksasha

Yea just got my first Delivery yesterday, their timing was also spot on. Really happy with the Service so far.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

So I signed up (thanks op) and got a text this morning saying parcel received and it will be delivered Monday. Checked online it says received in the north.
    In a versus parcel motel fight off anything received in the north on a Friday morning(or any morning) would generally be put in a locker that day and available either late Friday night or for pick up all weekend. Apart from the virtual uk address which pm already has I don't think this is the service for me.
    Wont be there Monday or any day during the day which puts this in the an post category with the uk address advantage.

Ps
    What delivery companies should offer is after normal working hours and weekend deliveries. I'd personally pay a little extra for this as deliveries during the working day are never received in a timely manner for anyone who works and is rarely at home during the day. Case in point ive just got an email from an post saying they tried to deliver earlier. If im not home early this evening ive to wait til Monday. This is one of the advantages of PM

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback! We constantly try to improve the services we provide and promise that we will continually review and improve our practices. But for now, if your parcel was received from us today, it'll be available for collection in your local depot tomorrow morning. Our depots are open on Saturdays from 9am - 10:30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Is there a delay between receiving at item at your depot and processing? I bought an item off ebay that should have been delivered to Parcel Wizard by Tuesday but I don't see it on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback! We constantly try to improve the services we provide and promise that we will continually review and improve our practices. But for now, if your parcel was received from us today, it'll be available for collection in your local depot tomorrow morning. Our depots are open on Saturdays from 9am - 10:30am.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately my "local" depot" is about 30km away but still handy if its an important delivery. Luckily this was just something small to test your service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Ps

You must be a VIP customer with parcel motel!
    Out of between 50 and 60 deliveries with them,I would say 4 or 5 of them have been in my lockers the same day as arriving in Newtownabbey.And sending a parcel to another parcel motel account holder took 5 working days one time,from Dublin to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

DPD have Saturday and Sunday (in some places) delivery available in the UK, so as long as the Irish online shopping market continues to boom, we could see it down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

What makes the difference between DPD and others is the personal care that customer service takes.

For some reason Amazon decided to package badly and some fluid ran out damaging the package resulting the Depot obviously not being able to deliver it.

Ciara was on the ball, called me and tracked down what's wrong, liaised with the depot and even got them to get a special delivery out for me to have a look as I live too far away from the depot.

Needless to say, that Amazon dropped the ball there by not packing correctly, it looked like a disaster in there. They just thrown all items together into one box and one items cap got cut open by another item. Don't think this was DPD fault, it's just the items pressing against each other.

Now I learned that liquids are not a good idea but usually amazon packs them very well.

Amazon offered a full refund and I'm happy to use DPD again, this time no liquids I promise.

Accidents or transit damage happen, but what's make it different is someone actually helping. My experience does not mirror what others said in this post about "hands off". Customer Service was on the ball and very helpful without me being worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Depot collection went smoothly as expected.

Great service! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

First delivery arrived at door today, spot on - DPD courier knows us well and had no problems delivering.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acelt67

just signed up,dosent say noting about the 3 free deliveries?

acelt67 wrote: »
    just signed up,dosent say noting about the 3 free deliveries?

Order something. They won't charge you. You can do it three times.
    Its really quite simple.

• Advertisement

Order something. They won't charge you. You can do it three times.
    Its really quite simple.
    Grand and how long are they valid for?

Check the very first post in this thread.

Check the very first post in this thread.
    Aha!thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Muahahaha wrote: »
    DPD/Parcel Wizard are offering 3 free deliveries for new users between now and the end of the year. Its like Parcel Motel except they deliver to your house instead of a locker.

Should be of use for the Xmas shopping next month.

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/UK-Virtual-Address

Also their price of €3.85 to deliver to your door is pretty competitive given Parcel Motel charge €3.90 and you have to pick it up yourself. Good to see some competition in the market for this type of service.
    ahh ****! I just topped up my parcelmotel account last week:( although DPD's package dimension rules are smaller then PM

lensman wrote: »
    ahh ****! I just topped up my parcelmotel account last week:( although DPD's package dimension rules are smaller then PM

PM has larger dimension but less weight than PW.

PM:
    The largest locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm. The maximum weight is 10 kg.

PW:
    Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

PM has larger dimension but less weight than PW.

PM:
    The largest locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm. The maximum weight is 10 kg.

PW:
    Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.
    I stand corrected, but don't rub it in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

I needed two of a certain Item and i decided to use parcel Wizard and another Main Competitor: to see who would be the quickest .

I ordered Parcel Wizard item on the 10th November : i'm Still waiting

I ordered Parcel M<<<L item on the 10th November: I received it on the 14th November

I think i know who i will be Dealing with From Now on Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Sure they may not have received it. That's not there fault. I'm a PM fan myself, but that's one of the stupidest things I've seen on here lately.

faolteam wrote: »
    I needed two of a certain Item and i decided to use parcel Wizard and another Main Competitor: to see who would be the quickest .

I ordered Parcel Wizard item on the 10th November : i'm Still waiting

I ordered Parcel M<<<L item on the 10th November: I received it on the 14th November

I think i know who i will be Dealing with From Now on Cheers...

If Parcel Wizard has received your item (i.e. the senders courier has delivered it to them) why don't you PM one of the reps who will be able to help you finding out why it's not in the system or delivered. I would not wait that long after delivery to the depot to contact them. That is if they actually have gotten it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I joined up because I thought they use a Mainland UK proxy address, but its NI too. A lot of ebayers now don't deliver to NI I've noticed.

Will still get the 3 free ones in I hope though !

Advertisement