Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I joined up because I thought they use a Mainland UK proxy address, but its NI too. A lot of ebayers now don't deliver to NI I've noticed.

Will still get the 3 free ones in I hope though !

AnPost is rumored to launch a UK mainland address with collection at local post offices in January.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057516584

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

RossieMan wrote: »
    Sure they may not have received it. That's not there fault. I'm a PM fan myself, but that's one of the stupidest things I've seen on here lately.

they were both sent at the same time the exact item from the same seller i wanted to see which company would be the quickest, what a Stupid comment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

faolteam wrote: »
    they were both sent at the same time

And have ParcelWizard actually received the parcel? Did you get an email or text confirming receipt of your package?

Techmaster wrote: »
    And have ParcelWizard actually received the parcel? Did you get an email or text confirming receipt of your package?

I got nothing at all

i did get an email from PM and a text much more professional

and i checked with seller both items were sent at the same time :eek:

I got nothing at all

i did get an email from PM and a text much more professional

and i checked with seller both items were sent at the same time :eek:

Well then PW did not receive the parcel. Nothing to do with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Techmaster wrote: »
    Well then PW did not receive the parcel. Nothing to do with them.

Why are you constantly White Knighting PW?

As has been said in this thread, it appears that PM offer a faster service. Anytime I've used PM they've had parcels delivered to me on the day that they've received them. It's possible that PW will get up to that standard once they iron out their teething problems, but at the moment that don't.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

As has been said in this thread, it appears that PM offer a faster service. Anytime I've used PM they've had parcels delivered to me on the day that they've received them. It's possible that PW will get up to that standard once they iron out their teething problems, but at the moment that don't.

Not a question for you to be asking, Fr. I'm delighted so far with their service. The user above is blaming PW for being slow, yet PW clearly haven't even gotten the parcel.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

they would have both got them at the same time they were sent registered to both companies and i repeat it they were both registered and i can check the tracking PW have had it for ages and still not got round to delivering yet.

i think your right father some people here are Knighting them

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I find it strange that PW took delivery of it and they have yet to enter it in to their system to be honest, I've used them twice so far and on both occasions within 90 mins or so of UPS delivering my packages to my PW address I had received an email and a text from PW, informing me that my package and been received and deliver would be next day.

77CEFA81-A10E-421A-BDEA-9C8362019045_zpshlzlueol.png

D58C924F-68DF-4363-9608-D8688E4E8C45.png_zpsxllmxn51.jpeg

Why did you not contact PW directly once you knew they had signed for your item in their depot, I know if I was waiting for an item that I knew they had signed for, I would be on to them first off to give them an opportunity to let me know if and what any possible issue was, rather that coming on here bashing them befor you've even given them a chance to address this.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I find it strange that PW took delivery of it and they have yet to enter it in to their system to be honest, I've used them twice so far and on both occasions within 90 mins or so of UPS delivering my packages to my PW address I had received an email and a text from PW, informing me that my package and been received and deliver would be next day.

77CEFA81-A10E-421A-BDEA-9C8362019045_zpshlzlueol.png

D58C924F-68DF-4363-9608-D8688E4E8C45.png_zpsxllmxn51.jpeg

Why did you not contact PW directly once you knew they had signed for your item in their depot, I know if I was waiting for an item that I knew they had signed for, I would be on to them first off to give them an opportunity to let me know if and what any possible issue was, rather that coming on here bashing them befor you've even given them a chance to address this.

I am clearly making a point and yes i have been in touch with PW and still awaiting a Reply, and nobody from PW have got in touch with me here ?

As once again i Will REPEAT what i have said i wanted to see which company would be the Quickest, Take it as Research if it Helps ...

• Advertisement

Well let's see if the DPD reps on here will respond to your issue then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

they would have both got them at the same time they were sent registered to both companies and i repeat it they were both registered and i can check the tracking PW have had it for ages and still not got round to delivering yet.

i think your right father some people here are Knighting them

I think its fair enough to expect you to give them the benefit of the doubt. Tracking doesn't mean they actually received it especially in my experience if the courier thats supposed to have delivered it was was myhermes or yodel.

Beside disappearing packages with hermes and yodel I've had plenty of packages over the years that were supposedly delivered and signed for on the tracking but were dumped in my car/doorstep/shed/given to a neighbour/delivered to the wrong address and on one occasion delivered to the wrong country not to mention packages where the seller or sellers computer system has put on an incomplete address or left out the parcel motel id even though its correct on the invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Maybe you put the wrong PW address.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Both PM and PW are fairly close to each other in Antrim. I'd say the post man didn't read the address correctly and delivered both to PM and they just ignored the PW one.It's probably lying in a corner in there depot.Blame the post office or whoever delivered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    Both PM and PW are fairly close to each other in Antrim. I'd say the post man didn't read the address correctly and delivered both to PM and they just ignored the PW one.It's probably lying in a corner in there depot.Blame the post office or whoever delivered them.

Can confirm this is a problem. I currently have a parcel MIA that I can see from the DHL tracking system was delivered to Parcel Motel instead of Parcel Wizard. I got in touch with Parcel Motel and they said they have returned to sender; I can only hope now that it makes it to Parcel Wizard over the next few days.

Even though the two services are in a similar proximity I find it frustrating that carriers are careless enough to make this mistake. Also Parcel Wizard should *not* be signing for packages that are not destined for them, as this only confuses things further. To the poster above, this is likely what has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I am assuming that if a shop do a partial dispatch on a product and then dispatch an order and ship remaining item on another date it would use up 2 credits on your account due to 2 seperate deliveries ? Or is it possible to hold one until the other arrives with you?

Using service for the first time and it's happened on an early learning centre order !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Maybe the first line address should change from PW123456 to WIZARD123456, then there would be a lot less confusion.

Northern Ireland use a postcode system for delivery

Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Parcel Wizard
    Units 3 & 5, Trench Park Rd
    Mallusk
    BT36 4TY

Yeah the postcodes are pretty similar, but their addresses are actually different, so there really is no excuses other that laziness from other delivery companies for getting these mixed up, if this is indeed the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So for it worked for me the right parcel going to the right address, now having said that, I have a Yodel delivery coming tomorrow, so I'm really thinking of going down to the local betting shop and see if they take a bet that it's going to be delivered to the wrong address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

MBSnr wrote: »

That's brilliant.
    So for it worked for me the right parcel going to the right address, now having said that, I have a Yodel delivery coming tomorrow, so I'm really thinking of going down to the local betting shop and see if they take a bet that it's going to be delivered to the wrong address.

Mine came without any issues during the week, if it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

brk3 wrote: »
    Can confirm this is a problem. I currently have a parcel MIA that I can see from the DHL tracking system was delivered to Parcel Motel instead of Parcel Wizard. I got in touch with Parcel Motel and they said they have returned to sender; I can only hope now that it makes it to Parcel Wizard over the next few days.

I know they're competitors but you would hope they were mature enough to drop off mis-delivered parcels to each other rather than sending them back, considering their depots are fairly close.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

they were both sent at the same time

Both may have been sent at the same time but they were separate parcels sent to seperate addresses so it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that one ends up missing or delayed.

So definitely not automatically PW's fault and the only way to know they actually received it or not would be a signed delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Single mom

That's very handy to know, thanks. Have lots of shopping to do on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Just used it myself for the first time, the retailer I bought off left out 2 digits on my PWID and made a balls of the name but having checked the tracking I saw it was delivered to the depot today. Gave parcel wizard a call there and within a minute they had it located and got the text to say it would be out for delivery tomorrow.

The same has happened me in the past with parcelmotel and it literally took a matter of weeks to in 1 case not actually finding the parcel at all and having to wait for a refund from them, so I've got to hand it to parcelwizard here for the handling, no messing about at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

5500 wrote: »
    Just used it myself for the first time, the retailer I bought off left out 2 digits on my PWID and made a balls of the name but having checked the tracking I saw it was delivered to the depot today. Gave parcel wizard a call there and within a minute they had it located and got the text to say it would be out for delivery tomorrow.

The same has happened me in the past with parcelmotel and it literally took a matter of weeks to in 1 case not actually finding the parcel at all and having to wait for a refund from them, so I've got to hand it to parcelwizard here for the handling, no messing about at all!

Just for a bit of balance the other way. I had 1 or 2 items where the seller had not included the PM address on the packages and it hadn't shown up on the system yet, gave PM a ring and within 5 minutes it had been found and logged in the system and arrived the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Corholio wrote: »
    Just for a bit of balance the other way. I had 1 or 2 items where the seller had not included the PM address on the packages and it hadn't shown up on the system yet, gave PM a ring and within 5 minutes it had been found and logged in the system and arrived the next day.

How is that possible when PM don't actually do telephone support? (https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203592421-What-is-the-Parcel-Motel-phone-number-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

brk3 wrote: »
    How is that possible when PM don't actually do telephone support? (https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203592421-What-is-the-Parcel-Motel-phone-number-)

They did before they changed their website a few months ago. You can still find the phone number with a bit of google searching, don't know why they don't put it up anymore though. Saying that, their online chat has been equally helpful with problems I have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Very happy with the service. I am waiting my 5th delivery tomorrow, at home. No need to go in the city center to pick up and carry myself, and I even got a large box, which would fit into PM lockers. Cost is the same with PM, for delivery to home/office address.
    Great work guys!

• Advertisement

Wizard! wrote: »
    Very happy with the service. I am waiting my 5th delivery tomorrow, at home. No need to go in the city center to pick up and carry myself, and I even got a large box, which would fit into PM lockers. Cost is the same with PM, for delivery to home/office address.
    Great work guys!

The Wizard himself speaks :D

Advertisement