Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Quackster wrote: »
    Both may have been sent at the same time but they were separate parcels sent to seperate addresses so it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that one ends up missing or delayed.

So definitely not automatically PW's fault and the only way to know they actually received it or not would be a signed delivery.

And also a lot of UK Retailers use different couriers to deliver their packages, for example Amazon and Tesco Direct.

Who's to say that they didn't ship with separate couriers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

OK first delivery done and all went well. Will be using again.
    If i could add one thing, pics sent with email (like PM do) would help.

Will be using very often!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cliffage

Hello, I registered, didnt see anything about 3 free deliveries. How do I avail of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Cliffage wrote: »
    Hello, I registered, didnt see anything about 3 free deliveries. How do I avail of them?

You dont have to do anything,your first 3 deliveries will just automatically be free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hi all,

I'm not getting this unfortunately :o

So say I go onto Amazon.co.uk and buy something....when putting in my address (which would be irish), I also include my Parcel Wizard ID - and this results in me getting free delivery (like if I was based in the UK - ala Parcel Motel?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Hi all,

I'm not getting this unfortunately :o

So say I go onto Amazon.co.uk and buy something....when putting in my address (which would be irish), I also include my Parcel Wizard ID - and this results in me getting free delivery (like if I was based in the UK - ala Parcel Motel?)

No,when you register with dpd wizard you will give them you home address,then when you order from say amazon,put you address in as

Joe bloggs
    PW******
    and then the uk virtual address which is on the dpd wizard site

Then when it arrives at the uk address in mallusk your dpd pw number will be recognised and forwarded on to your home address which they will know from your registration details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

No,when you register with dpd wizard you will give them you home address,then when you order from say amazon,put you address in as

Joe bloggs
    PW******
    and then the uk virtual address which is on the dpd wizard site

Then when it arrives at the uk address in mallusk your dpd pw number will be recognised and forwarded on to your home address which they will know from your registration details

Gotcha! Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Gotcha! Thanks a million :)

And sign up to Amazon Prime free trial for free priority delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭dannyo666

Used all of my 3 free trys.....Flawless in every delivery,i saved ~€75-100 in postage charges,great idea to text in advance as i wanst home one day so i text "1" and delivery was set next day.....times are spot on.....will be using Parcel wizard instead of parcel motel for sure.....Hopefully prices stay the same.....Love it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Used all three as well ordered from ebay yesterday got text today so all going well I'll have it by 3 tomorrow.

Saved a fair bit already by not having to drive 50km to my local pm site.

Hope it takes off and keeps going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I ordered something from UK on Monday arrived today to my door, good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Wonder if they will end up getting overwhelmed though,lots of people seem to be already using this service,another few weeks and it will be hectic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So I have something coming to PW that is probably going to be bigger than what PW have listed as its limit... but is under 20KG

What happens in that case?

(note: I have read the QA on PW but see nothing regarding oversized boxes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

How do you top up when your 3 free trips are used?

I know its probably some where on the DPD site I'm too lazy to look as I'm only on phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

crasy dash wrote: »
    How do you top up when your 3 free trips are used?

I know its probably some where on the DPD site I'm too lazy to look as I'm only on phone.

They send you a paypal invoice by email when your package arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Have received 2 text messages telling me that 2 packages are on the way and that I'll receive them on the 30th, but there's no time. When I log into my account it states expected delivery on the 27th.

Any ideas, DPD Reps?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

On the morning of 30th, you will receive another email&sms with the delivery time. Usually it is a timespan of an hour, and most of the times, are precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Have received 2 text messages telling me that 2 packages are on the way and that I'll receive them on the 30th, but there's no time. When I log into my account it states expected delivery on the 27th.

Any ideas, DPD Reps?

This has happened a couple of times to me with delvieries with DPD.

If we take the above as an example then i would receive the packages today.

I think they use the extra delvery day in the text as cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

This has happened a couple of times to me with delvieries with DPD.

If we take the above as an example then i would receive the packages today.

I think they use the extra delvery day in the text as cover.

Clear as mud so! Would have had it this evening if I went with Parcel Motel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Great service, my first delivery went well! :D3l9g6b

• Advertisement

It's probably been asked already, but how do you do the address on Amazon, where it wouldn't have room for Address 3/4, but only address 2.

For mine, I did

My name -PWID-
    DPD Parcel Wizard, Units 3 & 5 Trench Park
    TRENCH ROAD
    NEWTOWNABBEY, CO ANTRIM BT36 4LB
    United Kingdom

Should that be OK?

I did mine as

Name PWID
    Address #1 - DPD Parcel Wizard, Units 3 & 5 Trench Park
    Address #2 - TRENCH ROAD
    Town/City - NEWTOWNABBEY
    County - CO ANTRIM
    Postcode - BT36 4LB

Good point about the possibility about their getting it mixed up with PM, but I'm hoping that the Postcode will show the difference, because they don't use the same one.

Will update if there are any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I have entered it as follows and all my packages have arrived:

Address Line 1: PWXXXXXX / DPD Parcel Passport
    Address Line 2: Units 3 & 5, Trench Park Rd
    Town/City: Mallusk
    Postcode: BT36 4TY

I would not use NEWTOWNABBEY as city, too much danger of couriers thinking of Parcelmotel.

Yeah it always annoys me when I people put Dublin as the town when they address stuff to me, it always ends up going to the mansion house.

Couriers aren't stupid, and theirs more than 1 other Buisness in Newtownabbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

ted1 wrote: »
    Yeah it always annoys me when I people put Dublin as the town when they address stuff to me, it always ends up going to the mansion house.

Couriers aren't stupid, and theirs more than 1 other Buisness in Newtownabbey.

Well there have been examples where (especially yodel) has delivered it wrong, but in any case, this post had me double check and i now see that DPD has changed both City and Postcode to be used in parcelwizard.

It changed from Mallusk to Newtownabbey and BT36 4TY to BT36 4LB as the previous posters have used.

So back to edit my amazon settings. BT36 4LB makes a lot of more sense too as it list just 6 addresses in Trench Park.

Would however have been nice if early adopters would have been told via e-mail or so about the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Just had a tracked delivery showing as delivered at 9.30 to the parcel wizard depot,thought they were closed on Saturdays?, Not showing on my account yet anyway,also courier shows as no signature.

Will it likely be Monday before it shows up on the parcel wizard system>?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

I'm converted - PW is much more convenient to me! Great value and I've contacted their customer service and found their response very helpful and prompt!
    In some instance Parcel Motel might suit better if I know ill Be away - found the delivery times of one hour slot works well also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I used the Mallusk address twice during the week, is that not correct now?

I'm sure the reps will likely confirm, but below is the virtual address that I was given when I signed up for PW last night, with my details removed, of course :pac:

h6fuEGy.jpg

I've adapted the address to be

First Name/Last Name PWID
    Address #1 - DPD Parcel Wizard, Units 3 & 5 Trench Park
    Address #2 - TRENCH ROAD
    Town/City - NEWTOWNABBEY
    County - CO ANTRIM
    Postcode - BT36 4LB

for amazon, because they don't allow for Address Line #3 and #4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

TheChizler wrote: »
    I used the Mallusk address twice during the week, is that not correct now?

By the looks of it, they done some modifications to the address to be used since they originally introduced the service.

It changed from Mallusk to Newtownabbey and BT36 4TY to BT36 4LB.

It still the same physical location, so there should not be a problem with anything in transit. However the new Postcode has major advantages for anything with royal mail as it narrows it down to the Trench Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

By the looks of it, they done some modifications to the address to be used since they originally introduced the service.

It changed from Mallusk to Newtownabbey and BT36 4TY to BT36 4LB.

It still the same physical location, so there should not be a problem with anything in transit. However the new Postcode has major advantages for anything with royal mail as it narrows it down to the Trench Park.

That was a quick change, ordered Sunday and it was the old one then. Thought the address was a bit strange all right. Got everything really quickly, and for free! Great service!

Advertisement