Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭sector_000

Just registered. Nice bargain. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭King Cantona

Just registered - first order from aliexpress. thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Just registered - first order from aliexpress. thanks OP

You should let the PW reps know about that ... it's an EU only operation:

dfdtg1.jpg
    https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/Help-FAQ/faqcategory/-1/CurrentPage/2

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I don't see any seller from Aliexpress openly putting the correct Value on an item anyway so doubt it will be an issue with UK Customs looking at it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Used twice so far.

First delivery was fine apart from no email or sms on the day of delivery giving an estimated slot so waited at home for a few hours waiting on it. That was the only complaint about that delivery and while it shouldn't be that big a deal, that would be the point of me using PW over PM as with PM I can collect whenever I like within 48 hours. IF I'm not gonna get an estimated time slot then I could potentially waste a day waiting for delivery or miss it.

Second delivery and they have given my package to someone else in a different county. Can't get through on their phone atm and have sent a website request but not expecting a reply to that anytime soon with the weekend that was in it.

Hopefully Ciara can sort it out for me here. I know it's a new setup and gonna have teething problems, but I'll save judgement to see how they deal with a problem. If they can rectify a mistake on their behalf with reasonable efficiency then I might give them another go.

• Advertisement

How exactly does this work? I know that PM emails you when your delivery has arrived into their depot and then texts/emails you when the package is in your assigned machine. Does PW let you know when they've received your package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Yawns wrote: »
    Second delivery and they have given my package to someone else in a different county. Can't get through on their phone atm and have sent a website request but not expecting a reply to that anytime soon with the weekend that was in it.

You're saying DPD received it from the senders courier in newtownabbey and then redelivered it to a different country? Or the senders courier that delivered it to a different country?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Don't get how they can deliver it to another person unless your PW id is incorrect or the address is entered incorrectly

You're saying DPD received it from the senders courier in newtownabbey and then redelivered it to a different country? Or the senders courier that delivered it to a different country?

DPD have delivered it to a different county. Their own in house tracking shows my package in their warehouse.

To be fair to them, they phoned me back surprisingly quickly after I contacted them. They have acknowledged that a feck up has happened and are actively trying to sort it out atm.

It's a weird one as it was one order split into two packages sent a couple of days apart, first part of the order came fine last week apart from the no time slot notification. It's simply a PW internal mess-up. At least the person who recieved my package rang and told me about it or I'd be waiting a few days then chasing dpd for a missing package.

So on the off chance it's a boardsie, a big thank you!

5star02707 wrote: »
    Don't get how they can deliver it to another person unless your PW id is incorrect or the address is entered incorrectly

Nope, same ID. It was one order split into two packages so same address on both packages. First order arrived.

My home address is perfect and even has Eircode as well which is correct.

• Advertisement

Well I'll certainly give them credit for pulling the finger out!

E-mail received to say that it will be delivered tomorrow, so they must have arranged for a driver to pick it up today. An apology and a couple of free deliveries. As I said earlier, I like to judge how a company can handle a mistake and so far, they've been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

How exactly does this work? I know that PM emails you when your delivery has arrived into their depot and then texts/emails you when the package is in your assigned machine. Does PW let you know when they've received your package?

Yes,same as PM only they deliver to your home address not a locker.You should get a email or text when they receive it in Antrim, then a text on the morning they are going to deliver it.

Is this service better than Parcel Motel or Parcel Connect for larger parcels? There's a Masterpiece Shockwave transformer toy coming out in March and the boxes can be quite bulky. I used PM last year for a similar sized one but had to go to their depot in Annacotty here in Limerick (which might as well have been on the other side of the planet to be honest.)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

Competition is good, but it's a bummer that they don't provide any UK Mainland addresses :(

Or maybe actually good - just saved over a hunderd quids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Hi Laphroaig52,

Let us know if you haven't received your parcel yet, in order to check it out for you.

Thanks,
    Ciara

Thanks for the follow up Ciara.
    Well, yes it did arrive eventually but it was a bit of a dud at that point.
    It was an Amazon gift voucher and when the parcel went missing and PW were unable to trace it, I notified Amazon who cancelled the voucher and sent a replacement.

So when the missing parcel showed up, it was just a void voucher that used up one of my 3 free deliveries.

BTW, the replacement parcel from Amazon arrived without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Yawns wrote: »
    Second delivery and they have given my package to someone else in a different county.

The same thing happened to me, but in reverse. My first delivery arrived on time, but was accompanied by a second package. I queried it with the driver, but he said no, it was definitely for me. I reckoned, grand, husband must have ordered something - he often uses my Parcel Motel account, so it wouldn't have been unexpected.

Anyway, it wasn't for me. Or him. One side of the parcel was addressed to me with my PW number, but there was a label on the other side from the original shipper which was clearly addressed to another person with another PW number in a neighbouring county. The wrong label must have been printed and applied to the package by DPD in Mallusk.

Anyway I contacted PW and they sent someone out the next day to pick it up. Got no notice in advance, though, just the driver ringing me to tell me he was at the house. Luckily for him I was just two minutes away, coming back from a school run, but I could have been at work.

So, yeah, I got my delivery in time, but I got someone else's too. Because it was labelled for me I wonder if they'd have known it was intended for someone else if I hadn't contacted them, so I've less confidence in the service now. I've two more on the way, so we'll see if they make it... Fingers crossed, as they're both Santa presents!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

So a couple of examples of packages being delivered to wrong people. Hmm....I'll stick to Parcel Motel for high value items. Had some expensive phones delivered to me via PM without any problems whatsoever.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Is there a delay between receiving at item at your depot and processing? I bought an item off ebay that should have been delivered to Parcel Wizard by Tuesday but I don't see it on my account.

Hi there,

Just catching up with a few missed posts. Please allow a day for processing.

faolteam wrote: »
    I needed two of a certain Item and i decided to use parcel Wizard and another Main Competitor: to see who would be the quickest .

I ordered Parcel Wizard item on the 10th November : i'm Still waiting

I ordered Parcel M<<<L item on the 10th November: I received it on the 14th November

I think i know who i will be Dealing with From Now on Cheers...

Hi there,

That doesn't sound right.... We did have some problems with RM and Yodel delivering parcel to the wrong address. Could you please give us a call on 0906480247?

Thanks,
    Liam

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Well let's see if the DPD reps on here will respond to your issue then.

Hi there,

Let me know if you still need our help. Sorry for the late reply!

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    So I have something coming to PW that is probably going to be bigger than what PW have listed as its limit... but is under 20KG

What happens in that case?

(note: I have read the QA on PW but see nothing regarding oversized boxes)

Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

crasy dash wrote: »
    How do you top up when your 3 free trips are used?

I know its probably some where on the DPD site I'm too lazy to look as I'm only on phone.

Hi there,

You can top up on our site. Log in to parcelwizard.ie and go to our UK Virtual Address page (end of page)

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Have received 2 text messages telling me that 2 packages are on the way and that I'll receive them on the 30th, but there's no time. When I log into my account it states expected delivery on the 27th.

Any ideas, DPD Reps?

Sorry for the late reply. Let me know if there's anything else I could help you with.

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Just had a tracked delivery showing as delivered at 9.30 to the parcel wizard depot,thought they were closed on Saturdays?, Not showing on my account yet anyway,also courier shows as no signature.

Will it likely be Monday before it shows up on the parcel wizard system>?

Hi there,

I presume you got your parcel already. Just letting you know that our depots are open on Saturdays from 9am to 10:30am. Anything delivered on a Saturday will be processed first thing on Monday morning.

Over the last week I got my three free deliveries and must say it has been fantastic! Definitely will be using it again in the future. My question is though now that my freebies are gone how/where is payment made?

Well there have been examples where (especially yodel) has delivered it wrong, but in any case, this post had me double check and i now see that DPD has changed both City and Postcode to be used in parcelwizard.

It changed from Mallusk to Newtownabbey and BT36 4TY to BT36 4LB as the previous posters have used.

So back to edit my amazon settings. BT36 4LB makes a lot of more sense too as it list just 6 addresses in Trench Park.

Would however have been nice if early adopters would have been told via e-mail or so about the change.

Hello!

So we did review the address, as we had severe problems with Royal Mail. Both addresses are correct, but the new one seems to be more popular with certain couriers :)

TheChizler wrote: »
    I used the Mallusk address twice during the week, is that not correct now?

Both addresses are correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

Hi , Yesterday I ordered an item from amazon.co.uk to go through your depot to my home .
    I looked on your site to try find the the limits of size and weight but could not find any reference.

Anyway i ordered the item its total weight is 23 kg but itsa 180cm long, but narrow flatpack .

can you tell me how I will stand regards delivery .

Regards
    Glenn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Thanks for your reply. Order number 2 came in today without a hiccup! Will be using many, many times I cam tell ya.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I have to use my free deliverys before the end of the year Parcel Motel did'nt do this wont be using your service.

Advertisement