Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Hello!

So we did review the address, as we had severe problems with Royal Mail. Both addresses are correct, but the new one seems to be more popular with certain couriers :)

Are you going to notify those already signed up to PW about it? My package from Yodel was delayed and 'lost' for a while with the original postcode on it. Co-incidence perhaps but...:eek:

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Over the last week I got my three free deliveries and must say it has been fantastic! Definitely will be using it again in the future. My question is though now that my freebies are gone how/where is payment made?

You can top up on our website parcelwizard.ie - under My UK Virtual Address page.
    We'll also send you a payment request if we have a parcel for you and you have no credits left on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

HI Liam, i am using the original address we got at the start. I know you say both addresses are correct, but do you think the new address should be used where possible. Great service, thank you.

Hi , Yesterday I ordered an item from amazon.co.uk to go through your depot to my home .
    I looked on your site to try find the the limits of size and weight but could not find any reference.

Anyway i ordered the item its total weight is 23 kg but itsa 180cm long, but narrow flatpack .

can you tell me how I will stand regards delivery .

Regards
    Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Is on our FAQs. Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

I'm afraid that our automated sortation hub in the north won't be able to process such a big parcel. I would advise you to either cancel the delivery, or call your local depot to see if they can special it for you for an extra cost.
    To find their contact details please click on the following link >http://dpd.ie/About-DPD/DPD-Depot-Finder

MBSnr wrote: »
    Are you going to notify those already signed up to PW about it? My package from Yodel was delayed and 'lost' for a while with the original postcode on it. Co-incidence perhaps but...:eek:

Both addresses are correct and widely used at the moment. We have sent representatives to both Royal Mail and Yodel depots in Antrim, to advise them of the problems we've been having and we haven't seen any incorrect deliveries for quite a while.

• Advertisement

clickhere wrote: »
    HI Liam, i am using the original address we got at the start. I know you say both addresses are correct, but do you think the new address should be used where possible. Great service, thank you.

It shouldn't really make a difference to be honest with you as the local drivers of all fellow courier companies have been briefed, but for some reason the RM HO prefers the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I signed up there last week.
    Purchased a small parcel in uk. All went very well.

Got notification of parcel arrival to dpd and option to pick delivery date. I was happy enough with delivery day shown so did nothing.
    Morning of delivery I got text saying it would be delivered between12.48 and 1.48pm that day.
    Driver rang at 12.48.
    Couldn't have been better to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

I got my delivery in time, but I got someone else's too. Because it was labelled for me I wonder if they'd have known it was intended for someone else if I hadn't contacted them, so I've less confidence in the service now. I've two more on the way, so we'll see if they make it... Fingers crossed, as they're both Santa presents!

So my second delivery was due today between 12:42 and 13:42. I left work early to be home on time, and waited until 14:20 when I had to leave for a school pickup. When I got back 15 minutes later there was still no sign of a delivery, and nothing chucked over the side fence (our usual DPD experience, including parcels marked 'Fragile').

My Parcel Wizard account said 'Out for Delivery'. I put the consignment number into DPD's Quick Track tool and it was changed to 'Rescheduled Delivery' at 13:31, while I was sitting at home waiting for it. I got no communication from DPD about rescheduling it.

It finally arrived just now (just as I was sitting down to PM the reps - figures!)

I'm annoyed that I took time off work needlessly (that's my annual leave entitlement, DPD, so I'd rather not waste it!), and that a quick text update could have prevented that.

On the upside, at least it arrived...

Let's see what happens with number three! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭vanti

Bought 2 items so far. no problems whatsoever. Thank you very much, a great service.

Coincidentally last couple of times I used Parcel Motel I couldn't pick up the package as the lockers were 'offline'. So this came at a perfect time. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Hootanany wrote: »
    I have to use my free deliverys before the end of the year Parcel Motel did'nt do this wont be using your service.

Details please.How did you manage that?I've been using Parcel motel since they started and never got anything free.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

So my second delivery was due today between 12:42 and 13:42. I left work early to be home on time, and waited until 14:20 when I had to leave for a school pickup. When I got back 15 minutes later there was still no sign of a delivery, and nothing chucked over the side fence (our usual DPD experience, including parcels marked 'Fragile').

My Parcel Wizard account said 'Out for Delivery'. I put the consignment number into DPD's Quick Track tool and it was changed to 'Rescheduled Delivery' at 13:31, while I was sitting at home waiting for it. I got no communication from DPD about rescheduling it.

It finally arrived just now (just as I was sitting down to PM the reps - figures!)

I'm annoyed that I took time off work needlessly (that's my annual leave entitlement, DPD, so I'd rather not waste it!), and that a quick text update could have prevented that.

On the upside, at least it arrived...

Let's see what happens with number three! :D

Really sorry to hear this. Could you PM your tracking number so that I can look into this for you?
    Did you know that with Parcel Wizard you can save multiple delivery addresses on your account? It's really handy to be able to choose between home/work/friends addresses depending on your schedule.

Regards, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Hi DPD Ciara/ Liam
    I have ordered a package from eBay and now notice that it is about 80cm long x 20cm x 10cm and about 8kg in weight and am wondering if it will incure any extra charges as it is 20cm longer than the measurements on your FAQ's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Delighted with Delivery 1

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Hi DPD Ciara/ Liam
    I have ordered a package from eBay and now notice that it is about 80cm long x 20cm x 10cm and about 8kg in weight and am wondering if it will incure any extra charges as it is 20cm longer than the measurements on your FAQ's ?

Spawker doesn't play by the rules :cool:

It's important that people keep their parcels within the dimensions 40cm x 40cm x 60cm and 20kg in weight. Can you PM your Parcel Wizard ID and I will make sure that your parcel gets to you without any extra charges incurred.

Regards, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

What happens if a box is outside rules? I mean, I ordered something from Amazon, I have no way of knowing the box size.

Wizard! wrote: »
    What happens if a box is outside rules? I mean, I ordered something from Amazon, I have no way of knowing the box size.

Dpd staff raffle at christmas :)

Wizard! wrote: »

Don't worry, Generally we will not charge extra or block parcels unless they are obviously outside the dimensions.

Regards, Ciara :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    Details please.How did you manage that?I've been using Parcel motel since they started and never got anything free.[/quote
    Parcel Motel had first 3 deliverys free Parcel Wizard have a time limit on theirs ends 31 December this year. Why does it have a time limit?

Sorry op it was a special when you first signed up something like this one but NO TIME LIMIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    Details please.How did you manage that?I've been using Parcel motel since they started and never got anything free.[/quote
    Parcel Motel had first 3 deliverys free Parcel Wizard have a time limit on theirs ends 31 December this year. Why does it have a time limit?

Because everyone signed up 50 different accounts with parcel motel I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Have used the service twice so far. Parcels were delivered to the NI depot on Friday(received tracking notification from the senders).

Received confirmation from PW that they had received the parcels on Friday and that they would be delivered on Monday. Text received yesterday morning at 10.30am to say I'd receive them later that day during a 1hr window. Delivered on time.

It's a good service but probably not for me as I live quite near Parcel Motel lockers and Parcel Motel deliver during the weekend. Had I used PM I would have received my packages on Friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Have used the service twice so far. Parcels were delivered to the NI depot on Friday(received tracking notification from the senders).

Received confirmation from PW that they had received the parcels on Friday and that they would be delivered on Monday. Text received yesterday morning at 10.30am to say I'd receive them later that day during a 1hr window. Delivered on time.

It's a good service but probably not for me as I live quite near Parcel Motel lockers and Parcel Motel deliver during the weekend. Had I used PM I would have received my packages on Friday night.

i'd say it's great to have both so we have other options. :D

5star02707 wrote: »
    i'd say it's great to have both so we have other options. :D

The nearest parcel motel is 40 miles from me so this is a god send.
    There are other companies delivering to local service stations that are good too so parcel motel is the last option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I have to use my free deliverys before the end of the year Parcel Motel did'nt do this wont be using your service.

This has to be one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

How dare ParcelWizard give you three free deliveries just in time for Christmas! How dare they!!! Imagine that!! :rolleyes:

They are under no obligation to give you anything free in the first place, so be grateful and stop whining over stupid things. I'd imagine most people could and would use AT LEAST three FREE deliveries from the UK coming up to Xmas.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Jesus, I give up, its a damn introductory offer with T&C's attached to it, all companies have different terms and conditions to special offers they run, Were people screaming at the staff of Aldi and Lidl when their €10 off deals had to be used within certain dates, no I dont think so. I say fair play to DPD for stepping up and offering another option to Parcel Motel, it gives people choice, and also brings in some healthy competition to the market which will surely be the benefit to us consumers, No one is forcing anyone to avail of this offer, its there if people want to thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

these lads deliver to the door unlike parcel motel dont they? Anyone actually used them and how would you rate it, my pm is very far away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I ordered from the early learning centre in the UK. Big saving over mothercare here. 2 packages. Tracked it as been received by pw and within 15 mins it was scanned and on their site. I put the delivery date out by a day (son born and wife said it was important I be there!)
    Next day got an estimated delivery time so went home from hospital and waited in. Nothing came and then got a sorry we missed you do you want to reschedule text. This was at 5.30pm on Friday. I Googled and rang a number and a nice chap said he would look into it. I told him I suspected the driver didn't bother his arse trying to deliver it and took easy way out.
    I headed back into the hospital and the chap called me back to say still investigating. He then called me again to apologise. He was looking into the reasons and if it was convenient he could have it delivered by 7.30 pm. The outlaws were baby sitting and said that a private car pulled up with the package.

Shame it was messed up so close to the end by a lazy driver but i judge a company on how it deals with its mistakes and the service is this respect was perfect. I will continue to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Hi Ciara and Liam,

How much would it cost to have an oversized package with dimensions:
    30cm x 50cm x 80cm

Weight:
    18KG

delivered to Cork please?

Thanks!

Doge wrote: »
    Hi Ciara and Liam,

How much would it cost to have an oversized package with dimensions:
    30cm x 50cm x 80cm

Weight:
    18KG

delivered to Cork please?

Thanks!

Hi Doge,

Those measurement will be fine and there won't be any extra charges incurred. We are flexible up to a point.

Regards, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I've an order out for delivery but haven't received a text giving me a time? Bit worried as there won't be anyone home after 4pm

• Advertisement

I've an order out for delivery but haven't received a text giving me a time? Bit worried as there won't be anyone home after 4pm

Hi there,

PM me your tracking number to have a look.

Advertisement