Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Used PW for the first time there last week. Bought something from the UK, but I bought 2 of them. Feckers (not DPD) sent them as separate shipments so 2 of my free deliveries were used. Im sure they sat side by side for the whole delivery process.
    Still though, good service. The calendar setup worked a charm and they got delivered to my office.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

MDwyer wrote: »
    these lads deliver to the door unlike parcel motel dont they? Anyone actually used them and how would you rate it, my pm is very far away

I don't think anyone here has used them yet. It's just 700 posts chatting about the price of barley

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I've an order out for delivery but haven't received a text giving me a time? Bit worried as there won't be anyone home after 4pm

I have the same problem. Also, had another package checked in today but I haven't ordered anything else, wondering if its the same package that arrived yesterday that never made it down to Cork and has now been re-scanned? This is when photos (like parcel motel have) would be handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

How long does it usually take for deliveries to be scanned in and your item to appear on the Parcel Wizard website ? Just checked on the Royal Mail tracking and it says it's already been delivered to the address up North.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

jamescd wrote: »
    How long does it usually take for deliveries to be scanned in and your item to appear on the Parcel Wizard website ? Just checked on the Royal Mail tracking and it says it's already been delivered to the address up North.

Usually 2-3 hours I think but I haven't had anything tracked delivered to their NI address yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Toxica wrote: »
    Usually 2-3 hours I think but I haven't had anything tracked delivered to their NI address yet.

Lol, 5 minutes after I posted that question I get a text from DPD saying it will be delivered tomorrow. Typical timing :pac:

Sorted now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I've an order out for delivery but haven't received a text giving me a time? Bit worried as there won't be anyone home after 4pm
    Hi there,

PM me your tracking number to have a look.

I had the same. Got the delivery today (was in NI yesterday) so no complains, but I also got no text telling me the 'hour slot'. I did get one last time.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Toxica wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Also, had another package checked in today but I haven't ordered anything else, wondering if its the same package that arrived yesterday that never made it down to Cork and has now been re-scanned? This is when photos (like parcel motel have) would be handy!

Hi there,

Please PM me your tracking number to follow up.

MBSnr wrote: »
    I had the same. Got the delivery today (was in NI yesterday) so no complains, but I also got no text telling me the 'hour slot'. I did get one last time.

Hi guys,

Really sorry about that. It looks like it's not an isolated incident. Please PM me your tracking number in order to get back to our sms service provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Signed up for my three free deliveries. The first one was due between 1pm and 2pm today. Rang up just now and was told "Yes, that was delivered, somebody signed for it."
    "It wasn't delivered here," I said. "I've been here all day; nothing in the letterbox, during most of that time I was working in the front garden."
    They'll get back to me, apparently.
    Not impressed, so far.
    Delivery No 2 is due between 4pm and 5pm.
    When I click through from their emails to look at my details, the address is wrong (slightly wrong postal district), despite my having filled in my full postcode; my name is also wrong, with half of the surname missing.
    Definitely not impressed. I'll be returning to Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Hi guys,

Really sorry about that. It looks like it's not an isolated incident. Please PM me your tracking number in order to get back to our sms service provider.

Sent PM. Thanks.

Signed up for my three free deliveries. The first one was due between 1pm and 2pm today. Rang up just now and was told "Yes, that was delivered, somebody signed for it."
    "It wasn't delivered here," I said. "I've been here all day; nothing in the letterbox, during most of that time I was working in the front garden."
    They'll get back to me, apparently.
    Not impressed, so far.
    Delivery No 2 is due between 4pm and 5pm.
    When I click through from their emails to look at my details, the address is wrong (slightly wrong postal district), despite my having filled in my full postcode; my name is also wrong, with half of the surname missing.
    Definitely not impressed. I'll be returning to Parcel Motel.

Hi there,

Please PM me your tracking numbers, if you'd like me to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Really sorry to hear this. Could you PM your tracking number so that I can look into this for you?
    Did you know that with Parcel Wizard you can save multiple delivery addresses on your account? It's really handy to be able to choose between home/work/friends addresses depending on your schedule.

Regards, Ciara

Thanks, Ciara - will do. I'll also send you a second tracking number for another parcel which was due to be delivered today, but there's been no update with an expected delivery time. Parcel Wizard says it's In Transit; Quick Track says it's still sitting in the hub; text yesterday said it was due to be delivered today.

The multiple delivery addresses option is handy, but it only up to a point. I work part-time, for example, but the calendar only lets me select a destination for the full day, even though I'll be at one address in the morning and another in the afternoon. Since the expected time slot text is only sent out the morning of delivery, there's no point in me updating my calendar with a different address as any changes won't apply to parcels already in transit. An hourly calendar would be ideal, but even a half-day option would be great for people who work outside traditional 9-5 patterns like part-timers, mobile workers, people on split shifts, etc.

I wish my workplace would still accept personal deliveries for staff - it made things so much easier! :(

Hi there,

Please PM me your tracking numbers, if you'd like me to have a look.

They've rung me back asking me if I'm opposite a secondary school (no!) and are now trying to reclaim my parcel from whoever signed for it.

They've rung me back asking me if I'm opposite a secondary school (no!) and are now trying to reclaim my parcel from whoever signed for it.

I'm afraid I can't follow up without your tracking number

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Used this for the first time last week, got a text on Monday telling me it would be delivered on Tuesday (yesterday). I didn't get any follow-up text with the one hour time window. Not sure if I'd bother with the service to be honest if you can't nail down a proper time window.

I'm afraid I can't follow up without your tracking number

OK, PMing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

blue_blue wrote: »
    Used this for the first time last week, got a text on Monday telling me it would be delivered on Tuesday (yesterday). I didn't get any follow-up text with the one hour time window. Not sure if I'd bother with the service to be honest if you can't nail down a proper time window.

They definitely were sending out texts with time slots because we got a text for a couple of deliveries and then didn't get any for a couple. There has to be a problem with it. You can also check the time on their website, but obviously that's not ideal. If they fix the text problem I'll happily use the service again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I got my delivery yesterday but had a scare on Monday evening late when someone rang from DPD asking me to describe the package as they couldn't locate it. In the end it was fine, they couldn't locate it as a colleague had already sorted the issue.

However yet again no text with an hour delivery slot on morning of delivery. This would be a sticking point as at least with PM, it's in the locker for 48 hours for me to collect at my convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Can I check when I am getting an item sent from say amazon, do I just need to have PW ID in the first line?
    Or do I have to have the full address (Newtownabbey etc).

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

blue_blue wrote: »

Sorry to hear that, can you PM me your tracking number and I will investigate as to why you never received the text.

Regards, Ciara

Could I suggest that Parcel Wizard add the Amazon or other sender's order number to the information they email out? Otherwise it's impossible to know which consignment is what, in case of problems.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

They definitely were sending out texts with time slots because we got a text for a couple of deliveries and then didn't get any for a couple. There has to be a problem with it. You can also check the time on their website, but obviously that's not ideal. If they fix the text problem I'll happily use the service again.

Hi there,

Could you please PM your tracking numbers for the deliveries that you received no text for. We are investigating this at the moment. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hi there,

Could you please PM your tracking numbers for the deliveries that you received no text for. We are investigating this at the moment. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards, Ciara

Thanks, but I've already been in contact with you guys about this so you already have my tracking numbers and (I assume) are already using them to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Had a shocking experience with this over the past few days.

Day1
    Sunday night I sent a request for a change of delivery address which I received email confirmation for. Monday morning I did receive the one hour window text for delivery to the said address. Had arranged for somebody to there for the hour but no delivery. When I arrived home I found that they had actually attempted to deliver to my original address. Emailed my complaint and requested package not to be sent till delivery address was resolved.

Day2
    Received another text with about 30 mins notice that my package was to be delivered. I could have arranged to have someone be there for package with a bit more notice.

Day3
    Everything seemed to be running a bit smoother, received notification the night before that package was to be delivered today. After a few email to and from customer service I was advised the address it would be delivered to. But yet again less than 30 minutes notice of the hour window I received the text. Emailed customer service again. No reply. Haven't a clue where my package is now

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    Had a shocking experience with this over the past few days.

Day1
    Sunday night I sent a request for a change of delivery address which I received email confirmation for. Monday morning I did receive the one hour window text for delivery to the said address. Had arranged for somebody to there for the hour but no delivery. When I arrived home I found that they had actually attempted to deliver to my original address. Emailed my complaint and requested package not to be sent till delivery address was resolved.

Day2
    Received another text with about 30 mins notice that my package was to be delivered. I could have arranged to have someone be there for package with a bit more notice.

Day3
    Everything seemed to be running a bit smoother, received notification the night before that package was to be delivered today. After a few email to and from customer service I was advised the address it would be delivered to. But yet again less than 30 minutes notice of the hour window I received the text. Emailed customer service again. No reply. Haven't a clue where my package is now

Hi there,

Please PM me your tracking no to follow up

My wandering package is now trapped in someone else's apartment block, someone having signed for it; there's apparently no one home there, so the unfortunate delivery person is going to go back and try to retrieve it again later on… pity Parcel Wizard didn't put the full postcode I gave on the label. (Though to be fair, am I right in thinking that there's some odd business going like the postal service refusing to share those postcodes with other delivery services?)

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My wandering package is now trapped in someone else's apartment block, someone having signed for it; there's apparently no one home there, so the unfortunate delivery person is going to go back and try to retrieve it again later on… pity Parcel Wizard didn't put the full postcode I gave on the label. (Though to be fair, am I right in thinking that there's some odd business going like the postal service refusing to share those postcodes with other delivery services?)

Just use Eircode.

Just use Eircode.

That's what I put down on the address, but Parcel Wizard didn't use it on their label.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Hi there,

Please PM me your tracking no to follow up

Pm sent thanks

Advertisement