Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

Hi,

DPD my order is showing as delivered yet I never received my package. Can you please look into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

My experience so far has not been great,

Got email on Monday that my parcel will be delivered Tuesday, so i change the address to my next door neighbor who was going to be in all day, got email on Monday that no one was home and was rescheduled for tomorrow even though my neighbor didn't leave the house,

Rescheduled date and time was the next day (Tuesday) and the time was a time i would be home from work, so i had the laptop open tracking the parcel on the dpd map while upstairs looking out on to the road for any vans and i could see the delivery van was only down the road on the map, 30mins later i get a email saying (failed delivery no one at home) and no sign of any van on my road

I have a second package that will be due in soon from parcel wizard and i fear the same is going to happen again and my Christmas presents will be stuck in limbo

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Used my three free deliveries now and all worked swimmingly in the end. All were sent Royal Mail 2nd class but one was a good week or more longer in transit than the others. Seller hadn't paid the extra £1.10 for tracking so the delay may well have been RM's fault but no way of knowing.

Collected all at my local depot which worked a breeze. Still, it would be nice if PW considered adding some lockers or other convenience pickup locations (shops etc) as the evening is the best time for me to collect.

Also, Parcel Motel is still effectively €3.50 if one top-ups €35 in one go (€4.50 free credit). PW should consider doing similar as price and convenience still veer me towards PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DAVE222

used my 3 free deliverys. problems with 2 the other not turned up,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The time I got on my message was about 6 hours off of when I actually received it.

Judging by this thread, I was lucky it even came the same day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Have no complaints, everything worked as planned. First delivery: got a text the evening before, another one on the day with the hour, which was spot on. Second time around I rescheduled the date and had it delivered to my neighbour's house. Again no issues whatsoever. I've no affiliation with PW, just thought I'd share my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

andy125 wrote: »
    My experience so far has not been great,

Got email on Monday that my parcel will be delivered Tuesday, so i change the address to my next door neighbor who was going to be in all day, got email on Monday that no one was home and was rescheduled for tomorrow even though my neighbor didn't leave the house,

Rescheduled date and time was the next day (Tuesday) and the time was a time i would be home from work, so i had the laptop open tracking the parcel on the dpd map while upstairs looking out on to the road for any vans and i could see the delivery van was only down the road on the map, 30mins later i get a email saying (failed delivery no one at home) and no sign of any van on my road

I have a second package that will be due in soon from parcel wizard and i fear the same is going to happen again and my Christmas presents will be stuck in limbo

Yep I will be steering clear of this crowd they can keep the 3 first deliverys up until the end of December offered in November PM have never let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

My two deliveries arrived promptly after PW receiving them, the calendar is fantastic for rescheduling. Realised after that one was bigger that the max dimensions, delighted I seem to have been given a bit of leeway there. Haven't checked the normal prices yet but I'll definitely use them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

I don't think anyone here has used them yet. It's just 700 posts chatting about the price of barley

some of us havent the time to read through an entire thread i just hoped someone could give a few kind words no need to be prick over nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Hi there,

Just catching up with a few missed posts. Please allow a day for processing.

I got my delivery today about 2 weeks after I expected it, there is a parcel motel label on it so that at least partly explains the delay. I ordered a video game and its case was absolutely destroyed in transit, but I suppose that could be down to parcel wizard, parcel motel or the royal mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Here's one for ya, ordered something off amazon and decided to use PW and i typed everything in right except the post code auto changed to BT36 4TY instead of staying at BT36 4LB , now the company 'Hermes' are holding the package as i presume this is the reason. However i got the phone number off amazon(0330 3335854) live chat but i tried ringing it to get the post code changed but my mobile wont ring any of the numbers in england even with prefix 044. Not sure , but can dpd do anything?
    Some mess, amazon didnt even tell me about 'problems with my order',typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I got my delivery today about 2 weeks after I expected it, there is a parcel motel label on it so that at least partly explains the delay. I ordered a video game and its case was absolutely destroyed in transit, but I suppose that could be down to parcel wizard, parcel motel or the royal mail.
    Liam hasn't responded to me and it's over a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Hootanany wrote: »
    I have to use my free deliverys before the end of the year Parcel Motel did'nt do this wont be using your service.
    Hootanany wrote: »
    Yep I will be steering clear of this crowd they can keep the 3 first deliverys up until the end of December offered in November PM have never let me down.

^^ :rolleyes::rolleyes: Says it all really.

I'm against putting down a company without trying them, but techmaster you've been defending them since this thread started. Do you work for them now?

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'm against putting down a company without trying them, but techmaster you've been defending them since this thread started. Do you work for them now?

As I've already told you when you interrogated me a few weeks back, yes, I am the CEO of DPD :rolleyes:

I just don't Gert why you're defending them so strongly. It's good to see both positive and negatives of a company. The two reps on there seems to be great, but PW as a whole seems to be a bit of a mess.

RossieMan wrote: »
    I just don't Gert why you're defending them so strongly. It's good to see both positive and negatives of a company. The two reps on there seems to be great, but PW as a whole seems to be a bit of a mess.

I'm defending them because some idiot decides they automatically don't like them because of restrictions on their 3 free delivery offer, then said idiot decides he won't be using them at all (even for free) because of another users experience. Pffft

I genuinely think they offer a very good service for very little money. I can comment whatever I like on here, and support them as much as I see fit. I have had no trouble so far with them whatsoever. Pretty clear they are actively trying to solve issues with the service anyway. PM has its fair share of problems too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'm actually the CEO of Parcel Motel.

Fancy a charity boxing match in a local night club in 6 weeks time ?

Winner gets all the marbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can we get back to the topic guys or proper issues if experienced. No need for making accusations either.

I have added the expiry date to the title so can be no confusion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jaypea1

@ DPD Liam/Ciara

I was supposed to get parcel delivered yesterday after email and text, but alas DPD never arrived.
    I have rescheduled for delivery on Friday 4/12/15.
    Please could you check this for me. Have PM tracking number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Both of my packages don't seem to have moved this morning, the last update was 'received into hub' last night. Won't be using PW again. PM much more reliable.

Techmaster wrote: »
    As I've already told you when you interrogated me a few weeks back, yes, I am the CEO of DPD :rolleyes:

Can you make sure my package gets delivered to me, so?

Just received text to say mine will be delivered today. Will report back later.

Toxica wrote: »
    Both of my packages don't seem to have moved this morning, the last update was 'received into hub' last night. Won't be using PW again. PM much more reliable.

Seriously? They'll be out for delivery today more than likely. Ridiculous to make such early judgement.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Seriously? They'll be out for delivery today more than likely. Ridiculous to make such early judgement.

Yes, seriously. They have already lost one package of mine which they could do nothing about so it's not ridiculous to make such an early judgement. If I receive an email/text from them to say my package has been checked into NI address and I will have it the next day then I expect to receive it the next day.

At least PM get your packages to you the next day once they have received it in NI. I have had very few problems with PM and the ones I have had have been due to sellers not addressing the package properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

My 3rd free delivery is due today. First one arrived bang on the end of the one hour window and the 2nd 10 mins after the one hour window both without issue or having to do anything. Delighted with the service so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

I really wish I hadn't used this service. I have a headache from it.

This is what I think has happened (Even the real helpful delivery guy couldn't figure it out)

I placed 2 orders last week with mandmdirect. got my interlink tracking order for both of them.

I placed 2 orders on amazon.co.uk 1st on Saturday 2nd on Sunday. using ParcelWizard.

I get a message saying my delivery will be delivered on 2nd December and this shows up for tracking in my ParcelWizard dashboard.

I get another message saying my delivery will be delivered on 3rd December and this also shows up in my ParcelWizard dashboard.

So far great. Delivery coming the 2nd will be the amazon order from the Sat, the delivery coming the 3rd will be the one from the Sun.

The DPD guy comes with my delivery yesterday for mandmdirect but nothing from ParcelWizard. That cant be right. My ParcelWizard dashboard is showing as delivered. Surely it cant be my mandmdirect order as I didn't order this with ParcelWizard.

I ring the delivery guy who says its not possible as he didn't have an Amazon package for me only the ones from mandmdirect. So the only thing that makes sense at this point is somehow my mandmdirect delivery is showing in the ParcelWizard system even though I didn't order it through this. and the Delivery on the 3rd is my first Amazon delivery and the second is yet to show in the system.

The super helpful delivery guy text me first thing this morning to say he had no delivery for me today. I forward him the text message I got from DPD to say I would have a package coming on the 3rd. He cant understand it and says he will let the Depo know.

Anyway what a head wreck. Sorry for the rambling or if it doesn't make sense. I cant really make sense of it myself.

Toxica wrote: »
    At least PM get your packages to you the next day once they have received it in NI. I have had very few problems with PM and the ones I have had have been due to sellers not addressing the package properly.

2 days, at least, for me with Parcel Motel :rolleyes: Also, try getting money off them (PM) if they lose your parcel. Read some of the experiences on the other thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Filipa

I'm having a bad experience as well.

Got a text saying that package would be delivered on 01st Dec - that didn't happen.
    Contacted DPD via Live Chat was told it would be delivered yesterday 02nd Dec - that didn't happen either.
    Contacted DPD again via Chat and was told the depot would contact me regarding my package. Still waiting...

Not holding much hope and will definitely not use them again - the minimum would have been to advise me that no delivery would take place on 01st and 02nd Dec. :mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement