Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Filipa wrote: »
    I'm having a bad experience as well.

Got a text saying that package would be delivered on 01st Dec - that didn't happen.
    Contacted DPD via Live Chat was told it would be delivered yesterday 02nd Dec - that didn't happen either.
    Contacted DPD again via Chat and was told the depot would contact me regarding my package. Still waiting...

Not holding much hope and will definitely not use them again - the minimum would have been to advise me that no delivery would take place on 01st and 02nd Dec. :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe they'll be better in the new year once the Christmas rush is over. I remember people panicking last year because PM went downhill because they couldn't cope with the Christmas rush. Have to say my first delivery with PW went smoothly but every one since then has had problems, struggling to use up my free ones because it all keeps going wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Hi support, is it possible to refuse a delivery and just have it returned? I have a parcel that was shipped by amazon as a replacement for one that never arrived, however the original arrived just after they shipped the replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

brk3 wrote: »
    Hi support, is it possible to refuse a delivery and just have it returned? I have a parcel that was shipped by amazon as a replacement for one that never arrived, however the original arrived just after they shipped the replacement.

Amazon will normally just let you ship it back for free - try going on their support chat thingy and asking about it.

They did this for me not long ago, and then I was charged for the postage; talked to their chatline and it was refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Amazon will normally just let you ship it back for free - try going on their support chat thingy and asking about it.

They did this for me not long ago, and then I was charged for the postage; talked to their chatline and it was refunded.

Yeah they're good about this, but I would rather avoid the ParcelWizard delivery charge and hassle of sending it back myself if ParcelWizard can just return to sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

except the post code auto changed to BT36 4TY instead of staying at BT36 4LB ,

Can you explain this please? My UK Virtual Address postcode with PW is BT36 4TY. That's what's on their site. Have you got it backwards?

• Advertisement

I'm really confused now. Just had a text from PW saying my package was delayed in transit and will be delivered tomorrow, I'm not sure if they mean the one I have been given a time window for or the second package which I have no time window for (i actually only ordered 1 item so I'm not sure what the second package is anyway unless it's the package they lost a couple of weeks ago) and judging by the tracking map, the delivery guy is in my nearest town now so if he doesn't show up I'll be annoyed.

Toxica wrote: »
    I'm really confused now. Just had a text from PW saying my package was delayed in transit and will be delivered tomorrow, I'm not sure if they mean the one I have been given a time window for or the second package which I have no time window for (i actually only ordered 1 item so I'm not sure what the second package is anyway unless it's the package they lost a couple of weeks ago) and judging by the tracking map, the delivery guy is in my nearest town now so if he doesn't show up I'll be annoyed.

Tracking map? What tracking map? I clicked on "My Deliveries" and nothing comes up. Oh, wait, it does - not a tracking map, but the parcel that Parcel Wizard delivered to someone in an apartment block I don't live in is shown as having the delivery complete :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Got a delayed delivery message today. At 11.30, when o had arranged for someone to be home to receive the package. Joke of a service to be honest, both packages I've tried now have had problems. Perhaps in 6 months it might have improved, but from now I'll be using alternatives

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

SQLDBA wrote: »
    I really wish I hadn't used this service. I have a headache from it.

This is what I think has happened (Even the real helpful delivery guy couldn't figure it out)

I placed 2 orders last week with mandmdirect. got my interlink tracking order for both of them.

I placed 2 orders on amazon.co.uk 1st on Saturday 2nd on Sunday. using ParcelWizard.

I get a message saying my delivery will be delivered on 2nd December and this shows up for tracking in my ParcelWizard dashboard.

I get another message saying my delivery will be delivered on 3rd December and this also shows up in my ParcelWizard dashboard.

So far great. Delivery coming the 2nd will be the amazon order from the Sat, the delivery coming the 3rd will be the one from the Sun.

The DPD guy comes with my delivery yesterday for mandmdirect but nothing from ParcelWizard. That cant be right. My ParcelWizard dashboard is showing as delivered. Surely it cant be my mandmdirect order as I didn't order this with ParcelWizard.

I ring the delivery guy who says its not possible as he didn't have an Amazon package for me only the ones from mandmdirect. So the only thing that makes sense at this point is somehow my mandmdirect delivery is showing in the ParcelWizard system even though I didn't order it through this. and the Delivery on the 3rd is my first Amazon delivery and the second is yet to show in the system.

The super helpful delivery guy text me first thing this morning to say he had no delivery for me today. I forward him the text message I got from DPD to say I would have a package coming on the 3rd. He cant understand it and says he will let the Depo know.

Anyway what a head wreck. Sorry for the rambling or if it doesn't make sense. I cant really make sense of it myself.

If you've a Parcel Wizard account, any parcels delivered direct to you by DPD/Interlink will also show up here. It's not only for parcels sent via their UK virtual address. The text you got was about your M & M Direct parcel.

Tracking map? What tracking map? I clicked on "My Deliveries" and nothing comes up.

Once you have a package with the status updated to out for delivery in future deliveries, click on that package and it shows all the status updates since they received it in NI and a little map on the right hand side with the dpd van as it travels around, you have to keep refreshing it to see if it's moved though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Got a delayed delivery message today. At 11.30, when o had arranged for someone to be home to receive the package. Joke of a service to be honest, both packages I've tried now have had problems. Perhaps in 6 months it might have improved, but from now I'll be using alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

RossieMan wrote: »

You told us already, five minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi, I made an order on Amazon using parcel wizard for delivery, it says on Amazon it has been delivered to the parcel wizard address but there's nothing about the package on parcel wizard and they received it Tuesday and I haven't received it yet. I rechecked my delivery details and all of it is fine. Considering all the stuff I've read on here how worried should I be?

If my package (items cost €22 from a seller on Amazon) isn't retrieved from the randomer in a distant apartment block who signed for it yesterday, what comeback do I have? I can't withdraw payment from the seller - they dispatched it perfectly correctly. Will ParcelWizard refund me the price of the goods they lost?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If my package (items cost €22 from a seller on Amazon) isn't retrieved from the randomer in a distant apartment block who signed for it yesterday, what comeback do I have? I can't withdraw payment from the seller - they dispatched it perfectly correctly. Will ParcelWizard refund me the price of the goods they lost?

I would imagine they'll have to alright, seen as they were the ones who delivered it to the incorrect address.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

First time user here. Quick question, how will I be notified if my package (standard envelope size) arrives at the UK depot? It will be send by standard "Royal Mail" post

I'd like it to be sent to one my registered addressed but not sure when I have to specify this

Dodge wrote: »
    First time user here. Quick question, how will I be notified if my package (standard envelope size) arrives at the UK depot? It will be send by standard "Royal Mail" post

I'd like it to be sent to one my registered addressed but not sure when I have to specify this

You get a text message and email from them saying it's arrived and an estimated day of delivery.
    If you only have one registered address with them then it will be forwarded onto that address.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Can you let me have your tracking number so I can take a look for you.

Can you let me have your tracking number so I can take a look for you.

I've already sent a PM to you this morning, Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Hi! I am waiting for a parcel tomorrow. I have to pay for, but I cannot for the moment. Is there any other way to pay for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

My parcel has been whizzing around Dublin since Friday last week! No sign of delivery. Got 3 texts saying next day delivery, then one yesterday which said delivery to my workplace would be between 6-7pm (to work!!) and it never showed up. No delivery scheduled for today.

I think people might be advised to use Parcel Motel over Christmas. At least they distribute out of a truck or van if there is a backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

this is not filling me with any confidence I must say. :(

Just got my package within the hour time window but it was the package that had gone missing a couple of weeks ago, seems it was delivered to PM in NI instead! Stupid Royal Mail! Ok, have to reschedule other package that was due today for Monday instead as won't be in tomorrow. I feel for my local DPD driver, his van was chaos and it's freezing out there.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It would seem that if you live near a depot and can pop in during its opening hours, you'd be well advised to have all your PW parcels held there for collection!

Dodge wrote: »

About 15 minutes after this post I got a text to say it had arrived and I was able to amend the delivery address online for tomorrow.

Happy to see it's that easy (so far)

I've now had to arrange to stay in to accept deliveries for three days running. Unless Parcel Wizard moves to mirror the Parcel Motel system where you can go and collect your parcel from a locker, I don't think I'd be using it again.

I've now had to arrange to stay in to accept deliveries for three days running. Unless Parcel Wizard moves to mirror the Parcel Motel system where you can go and collect your parcel from a locker, I don't think I'd be using it again.

You can arrange to collect at their depot. It opens for a while on Saturdays

hecmail wrote: »
    This appears to be better than Parcel Motel as a lot of sellers on the UK site will only deliver to mainland UK. This seems to get around that issue. I'll defo sign up. Thanks!

When I signed up with Parcel Motel they gave me a UK address and a Northern Ireland one, to use depending on whether the seller would deliver to one or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Gave this a go, got an email yesterday that they have my package and it would be delivered today. Got an updated message today to say it will be delayed and delivered tomorrow instead. Not a great start...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Based on the below, I'll be returning to Parcel Motel:

Delivery 1:
    - Text received;
    - Arrived within estimated timeslot;
    - Was accompanied by another PW member's parcel - contact PW to let them know;
    - Got no info on pickup of the misdirected parcel until I got a call from the driver the next day from outside my house. Luckily I was 2 mins away coming back from a school run, but I could have been at work. I was a bit put out by his grumbling that "I can't be waiting around all day for you" because had I known he was coming I would have been there.
    - I got mine in time, but someone else didn't, which didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Delivery 2:
    - Got a text on 30 Nov to say it would be delivered on 01 Dec;
    - Got a text on 01 Dec to say that it would be delivered between 12:42 and 13:42;
    - Left work early to be home in time;
    - No delivery during predicted timeslot;
    - Parcel Wizard account said 'Out for Delivery'; DPD's Quick Track tool said it was changed to 'Rescheduled Delivery' at 13:31, while I was sitting at home waiting for it.
    - Got no communication from DPD about rescheduling it;
    - Parcel finally arrived at 15:30, so I took time off work needlessly;
    - PW site says I signed for it. I didn't.

Delivery 3:
    - Got a text on 01 Dec to say it would be delivered on 02 Dec;
    - No text on 02 Dec with timeslot;
    - No delivery on 02 Dec;
    - Website shows two conflicting status updates, one 'Received into Hub', the other 'In Transit';
    - Parcel currently sitting in Past Deliveries in Parcel Wizard account even though it hasn't been delivered yet;
    - Still no sign of parcel, and no email or text updates.

Advertisement