Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

When I signed up with Parcel Motel they gave me a UK address and a Northern Ireland one, to use depending on whether the seller would deliver to one or the other.

Wasn't it a NI one and a Dublin one? I've never got any UK mainland address with PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

podge018 wrote: »
    Can you explain this please? My UK Virtual Address postcode with PW is BT36 4TY. That's what's on their site. Have you got it backwards?

Is it? Pretty sure mins says the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I do often consider what is a real "bargain alert". Something that I never considered getting would never be a bargain alert in my eyes. Also, a service that actually works for you to be replaced with another that costs time and creates inconvenience would rarely be a valid bargain alert imo.

For me saving a few cents on a delivery will never be a bargain alert, the freebies are there for the company to build up a customer base and also make their service cost effective as setup costs will be distributed over the deliveries made. If they did not make any offers their costs per package would be probihitive as they build up sales. Also, they will be looking to use the mistakes and issues they encounter to identify issues and streamline their processes.

So, to me this is not a bargain alert. If they come back next year when they have their processes sorted better and offer a 2 for 1 or similar offer the that could be a bargain alert.

This thread should be moved to Consumer issues or similar so that people dont skip the contents of the thread and get suckered into a bargain that could cost more in the long run (that's if you value your time). Myself, I am purchasing an item for £200stg this week and it's parcel motel for me.

Best of luck though to parcel wizard people, the ones on here seem to be helpful, I would advise ye to offer any people who experienced problems free deliveries for when you get your processes sorted, after all they will have assisted you in streamlining your systems under the guise of a so called bargain alert.

dixiefly wrote: »
    I do often consider what is a real "bargain alert". Something that I never considered getting would never be a bargain alert in my eyes. Also, a service that actually works for you to be replaced with another that costs time and creates inconvenience would rarely be a valid bargain alert imo.

For me saving a few cents on a delivery will never be a bargain alert, the freebies are there for the company to build up a customer base and also make their service cost effective as setup costs will be distributed over the deliveries made. If they did not make any offers their costs per package would be probihitive as they build up sales. Also, they will be looking to use the mistakes and issues they encounter to identify issues and streamline their processes.

So, to me this is not a bargain alert. If they come back next year when they have their processes sorted better and offer a 2 for 1 or similar offer the that could be a bargain alert.

This thread should be moved to Consumer issues or similar so that people dont skip the contents of the thread and get suckered into a bargain that could cost more in the long run (that's if you value your time). Myself, I am purchasing an item for £200stg this week and it's parcel motel for me.

Best of luck though to parcel wizard people, the ones on here seem to be helpful, I would advise ye to offer any people who experienced problems free deliveries for when you get your processes sorted, after all they will have assisted you in streamlining your systems under the guise of a so called bargain alert.

I think the bargain alert was the 3 free deliveries. I'm no Parcel Wizard back slapper but I think it's fair to leave it here as a bargain alert. I use Parcel Motel often and haven't had any problems but I know people up the country have had and also did when it started. Quite a few people in the 'contents' of the thread have had good dealings with PW too so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Here's my experience:

UPS delivered the parcel to the depot yesterday, signed for and all was well (~10am).
    DPD sent me an email (~12pm) stating it would be delivered today (Wednesday).
    DPD sent me a text today (~11:45am):
    "Good Morning from Parcel Wizard. Your Virtual Address order was delayed in transit and will be with you tomorrow.
    Should you need to reschedule go to the My Deliveries section of parcelwizard.ie".

I am expecting it to be delivered tomorrow. I am annoyed, but I would be more annoyed if I had paid for this service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Hello,

2nd parcel received without any problems.

waiting for the 3rd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Is it? Pretty sure mins says the other one

Well I'm positive my UK Virtual Address postcode with PW is BT36 4TY.

Maybe check it there to be more than pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Corholio wrote: »
    I think the bargain alert was the 3 free deliveries. I'm no Parcel Wizard back slapper but I think it's fair to leave it here as a bargain alert. I use Parcel Motel often and haven't had any problems but I know people up the country have had and also did when it started. Quite a few people in the 'contents' of the thread have had good dealings with PW too so far.

Absolutely and that's great to see. I haven't done the stats but you could be talking about a 50% rate of consignments that have had problems acc to experiences here. Not sustainable in a normal business and we are probably talking about setup and teething problems (hopefully) and if that's the case we are not talking about a fully setup and functioning service and, for that reason, we shouldnt be paying full price anyway.....so not a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Mine is using the BT36 4TY address also.

Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

I've already sent a PM to you this morning, Liam.

I also sent a pm yesterday with no reply

That's the address

Address Line 1: PW
    Address Line 2: DPD Parcel Wizard
    Address Line 3: Units 3 & 5 Trench Park
    Address Line 4: Trench Road
    City/Town: Newtownabbey
    Postcode: BT36 4LB
    County: Antrim

That's a direct copy and paste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

I've used the paid service 6 times now and I've had no problems. I've saved a large amount of money buying ebay items and also got many items from Amazon that don't ship to Ireland. I'm happy with the service and will use it at least until I see what this service An Post are planning is like.

The only downside is no UK mainland address.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Absolutely and that's great to see. I haven't done the stats but you could be talking about a 50% rate of consignments that have had problems acc to experiences here. Not sustainable in a normal business and we are probably talking about setup and teething problems (hopefully) and if that's the case we are not talking about a fully setup and functioning service and, for that reason, we shouldnt be paying full price anyway.....so not a bargain.

YOu're not paying full price. The FREE service was the bargain. Hence why it was here. After the free services it stops being a bargain.

However, there's absolutely no way anyone should take this thread of representative of whether it works or not. It should only be based on personal experiences. None of which detract from the fact that saving of up to €10 is a bargain alert

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Address Line 1: PWxxxxx

maybe edit that to take out your PW ID number mate

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Address Line 1: PW133008

Hi all, Ciara from Parcel Wizard here, both postcodes will direct your parcel to our premises, sorry for the confusion! The BT36 4TY address was first published then we discovered it was a little long for some eshopping sites so we shortened it and are now using BT36 4LB. Don't worry they will all reach us:)

Address Line 1: PWXXXXX

that's weird, mine says

Address Line 1: PWxxxxxx
    Address Line 2 : DPD Parcel Wizard
    Address Line 3: Units 3 & 5, Trench Park Rd
    City/Town Mallusk
    Postcode: BT36 4TY

why the difference, no wonder they're all over the place. Confusion reigns.

I see they've cleared it up. Hopefully.

Corholio wrote: »
    Wasn't it a NI one and a Dublin one? I've never got any UK mainland address with PM.

Hi Guys, there is only one Virtual Address for the moment and that is in Northern Ireland. It is the address published on our website
    DPD Parcel Wizard
    Unit 3 & 5 Trench Park
    Trench Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4LB
    Antrim

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion :)

Regards

Ciara

• Advertisement

Based on the below, I'll be returning to Parcel Motel:

Delivery 1:
    - Text received;
    - Arrived within estimated timeslot;
    - Was accompanied by another PW member's parcel - contact PW to let them know;
    - Got no info on pickup of the misdirected parcel until I got a call from the driver the next day from outside my house. Luckily I was 2 mins away coming back from a school run, but I could have been at work. I was a bit put out by his grumbling that "I can't be waiting around all day for you" because had I known he was coming I would have been there.
    - I got mine in time, but someone else didn't, which didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Delivery 2:
    - Got a text on 30 Nov to say it would be delivered on 01 Dec;
    - Got a text on 01 Dec to say that it would be delivered between 12:42 and 13:42;
    - Left work early to be home in time;
    - No delivery during predicted timeslot;
    - Parcel Wizard account said 'Out for Delivery'; DPD's Quick Track tool said it was changed to 'Rescheduled Delivery' at 13:31, while I was sitting at home waiting for it.
    - Got no communication from DPD about rescheduling it;
    - Parcel finally arrived at 15:30, so I took time off work needlessly;
    - PW site says I signed for it. I didn't.

Delivery 3:
    - Got a text on 01 Dec to say it would be delivered on 02 Dec;
    - No text on 02 Dec with timeslot;
    - No delivery on 02 Dec;
    - Website shows two conflicting status updates, one 'Received into Hub', the other 'In Transit';
    - Parcel currently sitting in Past Deliveries in Parcel Wizard account even though it hasn't been delivered yet;
    - Still no sign of parcel, and no email or text updates.

Really sorry to hear about your experience, can you please DM me some details of the deliveries you are expecting and I will do my best to get them resolved for you, regards Ciara

Dodge wrote: »
    First time user here. Quick question, how will I be notified if my package (standard envelope size) arrives at the UK depot? It will be send by standard "Royal Mail" post

I'd like it to be sent to one my registered addressed but not sure when I have to specify this

When your parcel is received into our Virtual depot you will receive a notification email and SMS, you can then manage your delivery on the Parcel Wizard website. Regards, Ciara.

Hi Guys, there is only one Virtual Address for the moment and that is in Northern Ireland. It is the address published on our website
    DPD Parcel Wizard
    Unit 3 & 5 Trench Park
    Trench Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4LB
    Antrim

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion :)

Regards

Ciara

Should you not then update everybody's virtual address then? When I log in and check I get the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi Ciara, I still haven't been notified that my parcel has been received by Parcel Wizard even though it arrived at the depot on Tuesday, just wondering what the story is?

I disagree, I still think it's a good bargain. Getting something delivered to your house for a much, much smaller fee than what you would pay for without it is still a bargain, as quite a few people have had done. So...a bargain.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Should you not then update everybody's virtual address then? When I log in and check I get the old one.

Hi Podge, If you refresh your browser history it should change.

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    Hi Ciara, I still haven't been notified that my parcel has been received by Parcel Wizard even though it arrived at the depot on Tuesday, just wondering what the story is?

Hi, can you let me have your tracking number to have a look into it for you.

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    Hi, I made an order on Amazon using parcel wizard for delivery, it says on Amazon it has been delivered to the parcel wizard address but there's nothing about the package on parcel wizard and they received it Tuesday and I haven't received it yet. I rechecked my delivery details and all of it is fine. Considering all the stuff I've read on here how worried should I be?

Sorry, your DM has frozen in the messages section. I was wondering if you could let me have a screen shot from amazon showing who signed for your parcel in our depot. Our system does not show receiving anything with your PW number on it up to this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Have 4 deliveries on the way and some of the above problems make me very nervous. 1 order has a status of "An attempt was made to deliver your parcel, but it could not be delivered because the location was closed. Delivery is rescheduled for the next business day"

Thats very poor that the item could not be received in the depot on a business day! Any further issues and i will stick to parcel motel for future orders. Never had a single problem with PM. PM are slow when sending packages but very quick when receiving and living 1.5 km from a locker means that PW would need to a superior service for me to switch and so far it's not looking good for PW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Tried service the three times. As happy as with Parcel Motel. When I think I'll be home I'll use Parcel Wizard. Otherwise Parcel Motel will suit. Price difference minimal. My delivery driver from PW (DPD) must be sick of calling to mine at this stage! As Currys also used him this week for Black Friday deals. That aside I enjoyed the human touch while at home this week. He's a sound friendly guy which helps. Text messages were reasonably accurate and even got a phone call the first delivery to confirm I was at home. Overall I'll use either service though will be anxious to see how An Post competes next year.

Advertisement