Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

hi Ciara and Liam, I'm looking at an item on ebay but the size is slightly over the dimensions allowed. What would the extra charge be or would it just be refused in Newtownabbey?

Packaging Dimensions: 235mm x 525mm x 550mm (W x H x D)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Just tried it out and first two deliveries were received in Depot 12/2/15 got text yesterday to say both would be out for delivery today so worked from home and then get a message at 11:46 today "Your Virtual Address order was delayed in transit and will be with you tomorrow". I'm not around tomorrow so soonest can expect delivery is Monday. Not a great experience for first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

do you mean you cant access my private messages on boards? is there an email I can contact you at to send the screenshot? I had a look at the amazon delivery, where do you find who signed for the item on it?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not directly related to Parcel Wizard, but DPD themselves, I organised directly with my local depot for a package to be picked up at an address up in Meath, was told that order would be picked up yesterday and with me today, well I got no confirmation of pickup yesterday so rang my local depot this morning to get them to look into it, they came back to me within about 20 mins saying that it wasn't picked up but they didn't know why.

I decided to ring the local depot to where I was looking to get the package picked up to see why, I was told that they were to busy yesterday and never got to pick it up, "sorry" guaranteed me it would be picked up today as it was on the scanner for a driver to pick up. I told them I would ring back at 4pm to make sure it was picked up. At 4pm I spoke to a lady who told me that it should be picked up by now and past me on the drivers number. I rang the driver, he told me that he was to busy to go back to the location of the pick up as he finished there since before lunch and besides he has no notice on his scanner to pick it up, I actually didn't believe him as he knew what the item was. He told me in no uncertain terms that he wasn't prepared to go back for it and told me he's contact the depot and see would they get another driver to pick it up. I rang back the depot again and this time was put on hold for over 35mins only to be told, sorry yeah it was on that drivers scanner, he should have picked it up, he'll have to go back for it now. That's where the call ended then, no apology or anything. I never even got a chance to tell them that it was to bloody late now as business was closed at 5pm, but they were prepared to keep business open till 5.30 for me, but I must have tried ringing the driver about 10 times along with texting him, but he either ignored my calls or sent them to a voicemail box that was full.

So I still waiting for my package to be picked up and have gotten no explanation from anyone. I'm not going to let this lie now as it's costing me €37 to get this damn delivery organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 086MARIAN

Dear DPD,

I recently placed an order with Disneystore.co.uk for gifts from Santa for the little ones and I'm using one of my free deliveries for it but I've absolutely no idea what size or weight of the package is!!! I'm seriously worried one that I've screwed up my Xmas shopping for the kids!! :(

What's gonna happen if it is too heavy/big?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

086MARIAN wrote: »
    Dear DPD,

I recently placed an order with Disneystore.co.uk for gifts from Santa for the little ones and I'm using one of my free deliveries for it but I've absolutely no idea what size or weight of the package is!!! I'm seriously worried one that I've screwed up my Xmas shopping for the kids!! :(

What's gonna happen if it is too heavy/big?

Try doing a google search for the product with the words dimensions and weight after it.

Or try searching for it on amazon, and it will show the dimensions and weight there.

If its too heavy or big, they'll contact you with how much extra it will cost to get it down to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Had my first delivery today . text yesterday and another today with an hour estimate for the delivery.
    Arrived on time with my usual dpd driver.

Give the drivers a bit of slack over the next few weeks they're mad busy with the Xmas coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭grange mac

Hi,

I have 2 deliveries where vendors say they are sent & no sight of them arriving over a week later? Can this please be checked??

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Doge wrote: »
    Try doing a google search for the product with the words dimensions and weight after it.

Or try searching for it on amazon, and it will show the dimensions and weight there.

That would probably work for most retailers, but the Disney Store have a tendency to use MASSIVE boxes regardless of what you order. I've had small enough orders arrive in huge boxes packed with reams of air pillows, so I usually just suck it up and fork out for direct delivery to avoid being caught out by volumetric weight thanks to their bigass boxes. (On the plus size, the kids got to make loads of cardboard cars, boats, planes and spaceships out of them! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I think it's pretty clear from all the issues that we are experiencing that it is a trial service and that the free trial had a two fold objective, to build a database for DPD and to experiment/trial the process before going live for paying customers. It is quite clear that there are still a lot of issues to be worked out and the service may become excellent in time but for now it's plainly inconsistent and somewhat unreliable but for a free trial it's hard to complain. I certainly wouldn't be happy if i was a paying customer though and one or two (depending on order splits) will be paid services but there are now two orders i would already have if i'd gone with PM.

Until the issues are worked out and this becomes a far more consistent and reliable service then it's better to stick with tried and tested. I'm really looking to seeing what An Post roll out. I know what time my post man comes and they are quick and reliable so if the service is good and the price point right, they will be my go to service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭sdp

claytonie wrote: »
    Just tried it out and first two deliveries were received in Depot 12/2/15 got text yesterday to say both would be out for delivery today so worked from home and then get a message at 11:46 today "Your Virtual Address order was delayed in transit and will be with you tomorrow". I'm not around tomorrow so soonest can expect delivery is Monday. Not a great experience for first time.

same here, also can't seem to get into me calender on there site, is this happening to anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Does it say the charges for it being over the weight or over sized anywhere? or am I blind?

If not, it's definitely something that should be made reasonably clear rather than them contacting you and telling you how much it'll be.

Parcel Motel are the best ......never , ever have issues with them. It's so much handier collecting at a time that suits me than hanging around the house getting mad at DPS not showing up!

Sometimes u get what u pay for 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is there a way to check how many deliveries you have left? I used my 3 freebies and bought 5 more, not sure how many of these I've used and don't want any packages getting delayed because I haven't topped up. Also, is it not possible just to provide a card number so they just charge it when a new package comes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

cormie wrote: »
    Is there a way to check how many deliveries you have left? I used my 3 freebies and bought 5 more, not sure how many of these I've used and don't want any packages getting delayed because I haven't topped up. Also, is it not possible just to provide a card number so they just charge it when a new package comes?

Your email, stating that a delivery is on the way, indicates your credits remaining in the second paragraph.

With regard to the automatic crediting, this service is not available at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Corholio wrote: »
    Does it say the charges for it being over the weight or over sized anywhere? or am I blind?

If not, it's definitely something that should be made reasonably clear rather than them contacting you and telling you how much it'll be.

They allow a degree of flexibility with parcels once they're not gigantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Still no word of my wandering package; no calls from Parcel Wizard to say whether the driver went back again as promised to try to retrieve it, and Liam here didn't answer PM asking him to take a look.

Think he said he was having problems with PMs, waiting on his response too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Mods (who are the mods of this forum?) can you look at the PMs problem, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

If you have a parcel to send to the UK , would Parcel Wizard provide this service.

If not would anyone recommend the cheapest option. I have a pair of shoes to return to sports direct :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Your email, stating that a delivery is on the way, indicates your credits remaining in the second paragraph.

With regard to the automatic crediting, this service is not available at present.

It just says "My current balance is" :o

No number, would be nice to be able to check this on the site for a live balance report just incase you're getting a load of deliveries at once, maybe the email timing will be off with your current balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

+1
    Looking something cheap
    Barr wrote: »
    If you have a parcel to send to the UK , would Parcel Wizard provide this service.

If not would anyone recommend the cheapest option. I have a pair of shoes to return to sports direct :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Red_Open

Was a bit disappointed yesterday when my first parcel didn't arrive but it arrived this morning along with my second delivery, exactly halfway through the delivery time they gave me. I'd be happy to use them again.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi there, you could contact your local DPD depot for a quote http://dpd.ie/About-DPD/DPD-Depot-Finder or maybe Sports Direct have a returns policy that you could follow. Regards Ciara.

Hi Ciara, I sent you a PM there about a problem I'm having, let me know if you can see it Liam had problems reading mine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

We use DPD for our outgoing deliveries and anytime there is a problem its usually related to that particular depot and unfortunately they do not seem to be proactive when it comes to resolving issues.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not directly related to Parcel Wizard, but DPD themselves, I organised directly with my local depot for a package to be picked up at an address up in Meath,

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Hi there, you could contact your local DPD depot for a quote http://dpd.ie/About-DPD/DPD-Depot-Finder or maybe Sports Direct have a returns policy that you could follow. Regards Ciara.

cant see any pricing online

how much roughly to send a box 0.5kg (6x9x14cm) to uk
    box of tayto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

In checking the status of a delivery which was cancelled by yourselves yesterday. the status now says "In Transit" but there is no predicted time of delivery . Am I supposed to wait in all day ...just in case it might be delivered.

Not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

How cheap is cheap? Parcel Motel do a returns service but price would vary.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/return/return-a-parcel/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

So far I've used my 3 free deliveries and it all went smoothly. I've just got a text for my 4th delivery and I can see a few slight issues with the service. The text simply states to log on to my dpd account and top up my credit balance but unfortunately your website is not very clear on how to do this. The obvious place (to me) would have been under the My Account section but this doesn't display any balance details. I then received an email which was more helpful and this stated to buy credit under the My Virtual Address section. Once I knew this it was very straightforward.
    So just a couple of tips to Ciara & Liam to pass on. Firstly it seems more obvious that you would see your balance and be able to top it up via the My Account section, not under My Virtual Address. Secondly it would be nice to see what my balance actually is as you don't display this anywhere. Finally the text should contain the same details as the email to make it easy for users to know how to add credit.
    Apart from that though I'm impressed with it to date and prefer it over the PM model personally although I will continue to use both depending on which suits best at the time.

Advertisement