Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    So far I've used my 3 free deliveries and it all went smoothly. I've just got a text for my 4th delivery and I can see a few slight issues with the service. The text simply states to log on to my dpd account and top up my credit balance but unfortunately your website is not very clear on how to do this. The obvious place (to me) would have been under the My Account section but this doesn't display any balance details. I then received an email which was more helpful and this stated to buy credit under the My Virtual Address section. Once I knew this it was very straightforward.
    So just a couple of tips to Ciara & Liam to pass on. Firstly it seems more obvious that you would see your balance and be able to top it up via the My Account section, not under My Virtual Address. Secondly it would be nice to see what my balance actually is as you don't display this anywhere. Finally the text should contain the same details as the email to make it easy for users to know how to add credit.
    Apart from that though I'm impressed with it to date and prefer it over the PM model personally although I will continue to use both depending on which suits best at the time.

Glad to hear you like the service, and thanks for the feedback it's really helpful and I have passed it onto to the relevant bodies! We are always striving to improve and as the service is still in its infancy we always welcome the feedback, both good and bad. Hope you continue to enjoy Parcel Wizard and keep an eye out for some extras we will be adding to the suite of services already available in the near future. Regards Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dodge wrote: »
    First time user here. Quick question, how will I be notified if my package (standard envelope size) arrives at the UK depot? It will be send by standard "Royal Mail" post

I'd like it to be sent to one my registered addressed but not sure when I have to specify this

Dodge wrote: »
    About 15 minutes after this post I got a text to say it had arrived and I was able to amend the delivery address online for tomorrow.

Happy to see it's that easy (so far)

Got a text at 10.36 to say delivery would be between 10.36 and 11.36 today. Arrived about 5 minutes later.

Should also say that when I changed delivery address yesterday I got an email to confirm that too.

Saved me £9 on postage so very happy with the service so far

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Got my package today despite having changed the delivery schedule to Monday! Luckily I was in but I think the delivery management needs some tweaking as even the driver said to me "Why does the delivery date say tomorrow?". I had actually changed it to Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Clara, has your problem with PMs been fixed up?

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    So far I've used my 3 free deliveries and it all went smoothly. I've just got a text for my 4th delivery and I can see a few slight issues with the service. The text simply states to log on to my dpd account and top up my credit balance but unfortunately your website is not very clear on how to do this. The obvious place (to me) would have been under the My Account section but this doesn't display any balance details. I then received an email which was more helpful and this stated to buy credit under the My Virtual Address section. Once I knew this it was very straightforward.
    So just a couple of tips to Ciara & Liam to pass on. Firstly it seems more obvious that you would see your balance and be able to top it up via the My Account section, not under My Virtual Address. Secondly it would be nice to see what my balance actually is as you don't display this anywhere. Finally the text should contain the same details as the email to make it easy for users to know how to add credit.
    Apart from that though I'm impressed with it to date and prefer it over the PM model personally although I will continue to use both depending on which suits best at the time.

Glad to hear you like the service, and thanks for the feedback it's really helpful and I have passed it onto to the relevant bodies! We are always striving to improve and as the service is still in its infancy we always welcome the feedback, both good and bad. Hope you continue to enjoy Parcel Wizard and keep an eye out for some extras we will be adding to the suite of services already available in the near future. Regards Ciara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I used my 3 free deliveries and one more paid for with no problems.
    My fifth (and final) delivery arrived with them on Wednesday.
    I was told it "should" be here monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Will there be an automatic payment system like PM? Where the funds are taken once the parcel arrives in the depot, rather than having to manually top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I used the service for the first time last week. Got a message saying the parcel would be delivered to my home the next day - I logged in immediately to change the address to my work address and that meant it took an extra day, wasn't urgent so wasn't a big deal but a reminder to set delivery location changes ahead of the parcel being received.

As a result I logged on to the website to see if I could set my work address as my default address and couldn't find such a setting. Under the addresses in the address book there is a "make this my home address" check box which may be it but that is ambiguous. I selected that on my work address, then deleted the home address to move the work address to position 1 and readded my home address. Hopefully this will sort it for me.

Note to DPD reps - if the "make this my home address" is for the default delivery address please label it as such.

Am enjoying the service so far.

Clara, has your problem with PMs been fixed up?

Hi there, yes we are getting pm's here now. What can I help you with:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

any price for me ciara

• Advertisement

V1llianous wrote: »
    I used the service for the first time last week. Got a message saying the parcel would be delivered to my home the next day - I logged in immediately to change the address to my work address and that meant it took an extra day, wasn't urgent so wasn't a big deal but a reminder to set delivery location changes ahead of the parcel being received.

As a result I logged on to the website to see if I could set my work address as my default address and couldn't find such a setting. Under the addresses in the address book there is a "make this my home address" check box which may be it but that is ambiguous. I selected that on my work address, then deleted the home address to move the work address to position 1 and readded my home address. Hopefully this will sort it for me.

Note to DPD reps - if the "make this my home address" is for the default delivery address please label it as such.

Am enjoying the service so far.

Thank you for the feedback, I will pass on your comments to the site development team, sound like a good idea!

In checking the status of a delivery which was cancelled by yourselves yesterday. the status now says "In Transit" but there is no predicted time of delivery . Am I supposed to wait in all day ...just in case it might be delivered.

Not happy!

Can you please DM me the tracking number so that I may look into this for you, regards Ciara.

Can you please DM me the tracking number so that I may look into this for you, regards Ciara.

PM sent.

GY A1 wrote: »
    any price for me ciara

Yes, check your PM's I have just messaged you:)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Tony wrote: »
    We use DPD for our outgoing deliveries and anytime there is a problem its usually related to that particular depot and unfortunately they do not seem to be proactive when it comes to resolving issues.

Ah tell me about it Tony, only for Karen in my local DPD office here in Waterford having to ring and email them, I don't thing I would have gotten it picked up in the end. They rang be this morning and told me it would 100% be picked up by 1pm today, the business was closing at 1pm today. The business rang me at 1pm to say it hadn't been picked up as no one called, I'll tell you, I was fuming. Just as she was leaving at 20 past one the van pulled into the yard. I was blessed that the company I was purchasing from were so helpful, so a massive thumbs up to TKladders in Trim Co Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

as i asked earlier on the thread
    bozharry1 wrote: »
    hi Ciara and Liam, I'm looking at an item on ebay but the size is slightly over the dimensions allowed. What would the extra charge be or would it just be refused in Newtownabbey?

Packaging Dimensions: 235mm x 525mm x 550mm (W x H x D)

Thanks

Ciara, did you get the PM I sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Yep I understand your frustration.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ah tell me about it Tony, only for Karen in my local DPD office here in Waterford having to ring and email them, I don't thing I would have gotten it picked up in the end. They rang be this morning and told me it would 100% be picked up by 1pm today, the business was closing at 1pm today. The business rang me at 1pm to say it hadn't been picked up as no one called, I'll tell you, I was fuming. Just as she was leaving at 20 past one the van pulled into the yard. I was blessed that the company I was purchasing from were so helpful, so a massive thumbs up to TKladders in Trim Co Meath.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

An eaby seller packed a box bigger than the biggest size and sent it on via PW. What is the process now.

Is DPD going to bog the arm in?

bozharry1 wrote: »
    as i asked earlier on the thread

These dimensions are only slightly over the published ones so there will not be and issue, we are not restricted to locker sizes. So happy shopping :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

These dimensions are only slightly over the published ones so there will not be and issue, we are not restricted to locker sizes. So happy shopping :)

What is the process if it goes a fair bit over the size?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Ciara,

That's at least the third oversized parcel "let through" to avoid any indication as to how oversized parcels will be charged. The site indicates DPD standard tariffs will apply (ie. oversized items are not part of Parcel Wizard). But there's nothing on the Irish DPD site at all (unlike the UK DPD) as to the cost or even as to how dimensional weight is calculated for oversized parcels.

Parcel Motel are transparent on this and they are "restricted to locker sizes". Why so coy and evasive? Parcel Wizard's silence on this only serves to walk unsuspecting customers into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

styron wrote: »
    Ciara,

That's at least the third oversized parcel "let through" to avoid any indication as to how oversized parcels will be charged. The site indicates DPD standard tariffs will apply (ie. oversized items are not part of Parcel Wizard). But there's nothing on the Irish DPD site at all (unlike the UK DPD) as to the cost or even as to how dimensional weight is calculated for oversized parcels.

Parcel Motel are transparent on this and they are "restricted to locker sizes". Why so coy and evasive? Parcel Wizard's silence on this only serves to walk unsuspecting customers into trouble.

I agree, I have seen quite a few people ask the question (including me) over the course of the thread and no answer in any form has been forthcoming. Surely a package delivering service has simple guidelines for oversized packages!?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

I still have no idea where the parcel is that was supposed to be delivered to me yesterday, no updates online......just says in transit.

If dpd looses my parcel, will they compensate me for the value of the item...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

andy125 wrote: »
    My experience so far has not been great,

Got email on Monday that my parcel will be delivered Tuesday, so i change the address to my next door neighbor who was going to be in all day, got email on Monday that no one was home and was rescheduled for tomorrow even though my neighbor didn't leave the house,

Rescheduled date and time was the next day (Tuesday) and the time was a time i would be home from work, so i had the laptop open tracking the parcel on the dpd map while upstairs looking out on to the road for any vans and i could see the delivery van was only down the road on the map, 30mins later i get a email saying (failed delivery no one at home) and no sign of any van on my road

I have a second package that will be due in soon from parcel wizard and i fear the same is going to happen again and my Christmas presents will be stuck in limbo

Update: Was waiting on a 4th attempt deliver today and i was at the window from the times mentioned and then some, no sign and another no one at home failed delivery,

The drivers have my number on file surely and have noticed a 4th failed delivery, why are they not ringing me to say there outside!

Really starting to lose my cool with this crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

andy125 wrote: »
    Update: Was waiting on a 4th attempt deliver today and i was at the window from the times mentioned and then some, no sign and another no one at home failed delivery,

The drivers have my number on file surely and have noticed a 4th failed delivery, why are they not ringing me to say there outside!

Really starting to lose my cool with this crowd

It also appears you will get no answers to the problems, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My first free delivery went fine, received text yesterday for my second delivery, my packaged will be delivered today but heard nothing didn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Well I was supposed to get a delivery between 16.30 and 17.30. Kept an eye on the my deliveries section, it shows a map where the van is.
    I live about 3 miles outside a town in a small road, it came as far as my road and in about a mile from the house. and turned around for some reason.

No call or anything, just a stupid text saying they failed to make the delivery. I would of drove to meet the driver... what sort of an attempt they made I don't know. Not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Not impressed , first order was to be delivered today as per my text message . No sign of it today at 930pm . Why give me a delivery date and don't stick to it.
    Checked the website and its ' in transit'

We have used parcel motel approx 50 odd times and not a glitch . I think the locker system is the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Not impressed , first order was to be delivered today as per my text message . No sign of it today at 930pm . Why give me a delivery date and don't stick to it.
    Checked the website and its ' in transit'

We have used parcel motel approx 50 odd times and not a glitch . I think the locker system is the way to go.

Had too many out of the 5/6 deliveries DPD to know they are as reliable as predicting the weather. I dislike Parcel Motel as they are opening my packages and I have to contact them in that regard even though nothing is damaged or missing.

Advertisement