Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Why are parcel motel opening your parcels ? Is this a common thing with them .
    That actually Pisses me off that they do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Why are parcel motel opening your parcels ? Is this a common thing with them .
    That actually Pisses me off that they do that

Pisses me off too, I ordered from Amazon two Kuhn Rikon German made kitchen peeling knives in presentation boxes. These were black plastic wrapped and individually put into a cardboard sheath and then packed into the Amazon box.
    The box was opened anresealed with transparent tape, the cardboard sheaths were opened and then the sealed black plastic slit open and retaped with clear tape. Not at all impressed. Given it is Amazon packaging why the hell go inside it? Will progress now to PM while I think of it.

Fiskar wrote: »
    Pisses me off too, I ordered from Amazon two Kuhn Rikon German made kitchen peeling knives in presentation boxes. These were black plastic wrapped and individually put into a cardboard sheath and then packed into the Amazon box.
    The box was opened anresealed with transparent tape, the cardboard sheaths were opened and then the sealed black plastic slit open and retaped with clear tape. Not at all impressed. Given it is Amazon packaging why the hell go inside it? Will progress now to PM while I think of it.

Ask them is it common that they open parcels , I've had a feeling that a few of mine had been opened. They were then repackaged in grey bags
    No excuse for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Had too many out of the 5/6 deliveries DPD to know they are as reliable as predicting the weather. I dislike Parcel Motel as they are opening my packages and I have to contact them in that regard even though nothing is damaged or missing.

Are you sure PM are opening them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Possible the x-ray showed something suspicious and they mistook the knives for a weapon item and inspected the parcel to see what to do with it?

They have it in their T&C that they can inspect any parcel they like to ensure that it's content is not on their prohibited list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Customs will open almost any kind of a knife as you are prohibited from importing offensive weapons even if they don't x-ray it the amazon label will usually have the category of contents.

"Offensive weapons include flick-knives, knuckledusters, swordsticks, sword umbrellas, hand and foot claws, belt buckle knives, pushdaggers, hollow kubotans, shurikens, butterfly knives, telescopic truncheons, blowpipes, kusari gama, kyoketsu shoge, manrikigusari, sap gloves, and machetes."

At least Parcel Motel are reliable . Never been let down by them. The one time I used PW/DPD I was.

If parcels are opened its probably customs.

Parcel Motel all the way!!!

I doubt it's customs opening them though. It seems to bypass Irish customs via newtownnabbey to Dublin

At least Parcel Motel are reliable . Never been let down by them. The one time I used PW/DPD I was.

If parcels are opened its probably customs.

Parcel Motel all the way!!!

If Revenue opened the parcel you will see it sealed with a tape that states that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

monster1 wrote: »
    Well I was supposed to get a delivery between 16.30 and 17.30. Kept an eye on the my deliveries section, it shows a map where the van is.
    I live about 3 miles outside a town in a small road, it came as far as my road and in about a mile from the house. and turned around for some reason.

No call or anything, just a stupid text saying they failed to make the delivery. I would of drove to meet the driver... what sort of an attempt they made I don't know. Not impressed

Thats a fairly dodgy time to get a delivery. Im a delivery driver for another company and sometime the routing system does not take into account rush hour traffic in certain areas.
    And at that time of day the drivers shift is ending also.

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Are you sure PM are opening them?

100% positive

Complaint put into PM. Will post results in a separate thread on PM when info comes to hand, like the service but who and why my packages are being opened for needs to be clear, gave them the reference and have the packaging if they want it. All I want is an explanation and it better be good..

Customs will open almost any kind of a knife as you are prohibited from importing offensive weapons even if they don't x-ray it the amazon label will usually have the category of contents.

"Offensive weapons include flick-knives, knuckledusters, swordsticks, sword umbrellas, hand and foot claws, belt buckle knives, pushdaggers, hollow kubotans, shurikens, butterfly knives, telescopic truncheons, blowpipes, kusari gama, kyoketsu shoge, manrikigusari, sap gloves, and machetes."

Understand what you say but I have ordered from G**rbest and others in regard to EDC knives and no issue on post. PM opening Amazon package is OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Waiting for two parcels via parcel wizard. Received email advising first one would be delivered yesterday. Another email advised the second parcel would be delivered today.

Got an update via text yesterday saying the first parcel was delayed in transit and would be delivered today also instead.

None of the parcels arrived today either and no contact from DPD about them. I checked my parcel wizard account online and the status of both parcels show as 'held at depot'.

I phoned to find out whats going on and was told the depot was too busy for the last two days to get around to delivering my parcels. So my parcel is sitting with DPD since Wednesday and wont be delivered now until Monday at the earliest. If I hadn't called myself I wouldn't even know that much.

Not much point in an option to select your preferred delivery time if DPD cant even deliver the parcel in their regular schedule.

Not very impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

2 of my packages have been "held at depot" too, originally they were supposed to be delivered yesterday. Another package just arrived at their address up North today though, so hopefully all 3 packages will be delivered together on Monday.

Is there something wrong with their website . Nothing happens when you click on the icons etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Is there something wrong with their website . Nothing happens when you click on the icons etc

Nope, works fine

Have it working now . seems to be a delay on it , a bit like my parcel actually !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Had the same problem, icons don't work until the page is refreshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Another issue here. Another order delivered today to PW but no email or text confirmation from them despite active phone and email alerts. Had to manually check the website to confirm it and found it there with delivery date of monday. PM would have sent it to a locker for saturday pickup. 2 big minus points for me on one order already in addition to another order being undeliverable to PW on a business day!

The issues are starting to pile up now with 6 orders placed via PW. I'll pay for the 3 as needed but i'm not happy with the level of service so far.

Will be going back to PM for future orders. Far too much additional trouble involved over PM. In fact i can't see why anyone with near access to a locker would choose PW over PM.

Seems I'm not the only one who has had trouble with Parcel wizard. I had a delivery confirmed for Thursday, which worked out great for me, as I would be in the house. Of course, I got the delivery delayed text, so had to rearrange my day yesterday to be home when it was arriving.

When the package was delivered, the item almost fell out. Both ends of the Amazon package had been opened (WTF?).

I think I'll stick with Parcel motel. Faster, more reliable, more convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

3rd parcel came yesterday as scheduled. No problems at all. Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

When my trials are used, going back to PM.

I think we are seeing the same thing here that we have in the beginning with Parcelmotel, "free" generates so much demand that some areas (or in his case depots) are struggling with the delivery.

On top of this some depots (and mine unfortunately started with that after month of excellent service) started ignoring "hold" or "next day" instructions.

Now I think realistically we all have expected that because who here does not remember "no locker available" or "parcel stuck somewhere between Belfast and Dublin" or "your parcel is oversized even if it was not" from Parcelmotel.

I'm going to stick with Parcelwizard for UK shopping which is larger than what Parcelmotel can handle and for my other DPD handled shipping and hope that my Depot starts again to follow the settings. In fact DPD is my preferred shipper for the additional services it offers with Parcelwizard and it worked ever since they introduced it with the exception of the last shipments.

For smaller items I'm going to use Parcelmotel but my main Amazon address will be Parcelwizard because of the regular usage of boxes that are bigger than expected. Too often with Parcelmotel I had a delay and additional cost just because amazon was just slightly bigger than expected.

I hope that once the "free" is over there will be lighter traffic and everything will be return to normal.

Plus I rather have the option of getting it delivered than having no locker available which I'm sure is going to start happening soon again during the upcoming x-mas madness.

As I said when this started, they both address individual needs with different features and everybody should make the decision what they really need. I'm mixing both depending on what I expect. An Amazon pantry box will always be DPD, a small computer part will be Parcelmotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

What I'd suggest for Parcel Wizard (and any other delivery service) is something that's possible nowadays with internet, copy-and-paste, etc: get a good short description of the premises from the owner - eg "semi-detached house on Camden Street, Dublin 2, opposite Pleasants Street, flanked by Dealz and Dunne's Photos shops, blue door, top doorbell has name on it". (My example is a fictional place, obviously.)

If this could be pasted to the package or entered into the delivery person's machine, it would stop packages being brought to the wrong address, except in cases of extreme stupidity.

Parcel Wizard suggested that I ask my seller for a new package and tell them to make an insurance claim against PW. I've said no to this - it's not fair on the seller, a small company - and PW are trying to help me themselves, as they should.

But it's worrying that they should even suggest this in the first place, because if this were done a few times word would flash around the SMEs and they'd start refusing to give packages to any parcel delivery company.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I got the text about delivery and to reply if I needed to rearrange. I rearranged to Monday got the confirmation text back. Yesterday my neighbour called with the package that was due to be delivered on Monday. He said he had found the package left at his back door. I was annoyed that DPD made no effort to contact me before delivery. You wouldn't want to be on bad terms with your neighbours when using DPD. It wasn't even my next door neighbour he had to drive to my house to give me the package. Thank God for good neighbours.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I actually use my Eircode in my address and, in fairness to PW, they had it printed in multiple locations on the labels they attached to my parcels (even though the rest of my address was omitted as I was collecting from my local depot).

If everyone bothered to use their Eircodes (and if PW insisted on them being provided), then PW would have no excuse on not being able to deliver to the correct premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Quackster wrote: »
    I actually use my Eircode in my address and, in fairness to PW, they had it printed in multiple locations on the labels they attached to my parcels (even though the rest of my address was omitted as I was collecting from my local depot).

If everyone bothered to use their Eircodes (and if PW insisted on them being provided), then PW would have no excuse on not being able to deliver to the correct premises.

I used my Eircode. They still delivered to the wrong address. That was last Wednesday, and they haven't retrieved the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

zarquon wrote: »
    Another issue here. Another order delivered today to PW but no email or text confirmation from them despite active phone and email alerts. Had to manually check the website to confirm it and found it there with delivery date of monday. PM would have sent it to a locker for saturday pickup. 2 big minus points for me on one order already in addition to another order being undeliverable to PW on a business day!

Exact same here, parcel delivered to PW yesterday morning. No text, no email. Found the parcel in future deliveries. On hold now for almost 15 minutes. "we have a large volume of calls at the moment press 1 for call back or hold"

Going back to PM for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I have a package that km waiting on that was suppose to be delivered Thursday, never came. I've had 2 deliveries since then, can I get someone to take a look for me? It's hard to keep track when you've no idea what package is which before you receive them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I just ordered two items both with courier delivery, one for PW and one for PM. One delivered by TNT and the other delivered by Royal Mail. (It's a race) One company just wouldn't recognise the Wizard Postcode but immediately got the Motel one so that's why I split the orders between the two.

I'm reading though that Parcel Motel is getting clogged up again in some locations.

Advertisement