Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Update on mine , just got a text message saying it's been despatched and I will be sent another message on day of delivery!
    This was meant to be delivered yesterday !
    And I'm away on Monday ....

Clearly there is problems and unreliable
    Just glad I didn't pay for this service

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Quackster wrote: »
    I actually use my Eircode in my address and, in fairness to PW, they had it printed in multiple locations on the labels they attached to my parcels (even though the rest of my address was omitted as I was collecting from my local depot).

If everyone bothered to use their Eircodes (and if PW insisted on them being provided), then PW would have no excuse on not being able to deliver to the correct premises.

My full Eircode and mobile number were printed on the address label. It appears that DPD aren't using the Eircode system to help deliver the packages to the correct address. They must be using the deliver at the first house in the townland system and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Just got 2 of my packages today. Happy enough but no text informing me that my stuff is out for delivery. Didn't even know they deliver on saturdays, good thing I'm still at home !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Seriously how long can a thread go on about when peoples parcels are delivered.

Etnies wrote: »

As long as people are using the service, I imagine. I only just started using Parcel Wizard this last week, and did a search on here to see if anyone else had the same poor service as myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I used my Eircode. They still delivered to the wrong address. That was last Wednesday, and they haven't retrieved the package.

No excuse then. Epic fail!

Do you know the details of the person who has your package though? If it was properly addressed to you and they signed for it knowing it wasn't addressed to them and without your permission, they may have committed a criminal offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

My full Eircode and mobile number were printed on the address label. It appears that DPD aren't using the Eircode system to help deliver the packages to the correct address. They must be using the deliver at the first house in the townland system and hope for the best.

It appears from looking at the Parcel Wizard website that the two packages so far (a third is on its way from Amazon and doesn't seem to have reached PW yet) had slightly different addresses, neither with the Eircode and both with the wrong postcode. There seems to be a problem with the labelling. Half my name was cut off too.

On the one that arrived, half my name was still cut off, but the postcode was correct, but no Eircode was on it, despite my having put that on the address when I set up with PW.

On the phone, on the day it first went missing, I was told:

1) It's been delivered to someone who signed for it in an apartment block
    2) It's been put in your letterbox - go and look!
    3) Do you live opposite a secondary school? (no)
    4) The driver went back and there was no one there
    5) The driver is going back again tonight (Wednesday) to check when they're home
    6) Silence
    Quackster wrote: »
    No excuse then. Epic fail!

Do you know the details of the person who has your package though? If it was properly addressed to you and they signed for it knowing it wasn't addressed to them and without your permission, they may have committed a criminal offence.

Total stranger, no idea who, in an apartment block a mile away, apparently. Scarcely a criminal offence - some poor sod just answered the door, said "Ok, yeah, dunno, lots of people live here, ok, I'll sign…" - I doubt very much there was any criminal intent.

ParcelWizard could have put the Eircode they were given on it; they could have asked for a description of the house and siting in the original sign-up; they could have asked for longitude+latitude coordinates in the original sign-up and given them to the driver (I see listings for "100 free longitude and latitude apps for Android" and ditto for iOS on Google).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

One thing that concerns me. I put full address including eircode. I found an option on the pw website to manually pin the delivery location on google maps. Default had pw pinning my address to another location 30km away. I am grateful that i accidently found this and repinned my location accurately.

I am disgusted that i foolishly put 6 orders through this service. Once the offer is over this will move to consumer issues quickly. Its honestly such a mess of a setup. They were clearly unready to go live hence the free trial so they could work out the kinks but i was duped into opting for additional deliveries.

Im honestly considering telling the depot to hold all my orders next week and then i can collect all 6 from there at the end of the week as im nervous about the packages ending up in the wrong location. I think they'll probably mess this instruction too.

zarquon wrote: »
    One thing that concerns me. I put full address including eircode. I found an option on the pw website to manually pin the delivery location on google maps. Default had pw pinning my address to another location 30km away. I am grateful that i accidently found this and repinned my location accurately.

Thanks for this.

Oddly, when I went into my account on seeing @zarquon's post here, my address as default-pinned by Parcel Wizard was correctly shown on the map.

The problem seems to be partly with whatever technology Parcel Wizard is using to generate its labels - which fails to add the Eircode, and can use only part of the addressee's name - and partly with their drivers' reading of their information.

The problem with PW's labels only using half the name seems partly to do with the fact that its address system demands the old-fashioned use of an honorific - I don't know anyone who writes to one as Mr, Ms, Prof or Dr, or even Rev nowadays, but this address form demands that the customer 'select' an honorific.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Package with a new laptop was supposed to be delivered yesterday and it never came, and an order I have coming through them next week more than likely won't arrive on time either. Nobody to collect the package on Monday. Shambles of a service. Lucky I'm not depending on them to deliver anything just before Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And I think there will be delays on Monday due to weather.

Amazon has just informed me that due to severe weather and or natural disaster my deliveries scheduled for Monday via Yodel and DPD UK are delayed. Both providers show the same on their tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

It would be interesting to know if the problems with Parcel Wizard are localised.
    I live in Wexford with my local DPD depot in Enniscorthy, and I had the last of my three free deliveries yesterday. All arrived without a hitch and within the specified time so I'm just wondering if some depots perform better than others. It may be that at this time of year DPD are using extra staff unfamiliar with the areas and this is causing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Etnies wrote: »

It shows how bad the service is and helps others decide if it really is a bargain.

I had a parcel arrive in the north last wednesday.
    Allegedly it'd be delivered Thursday.
    I waited in all day.
    No parcel.
    Nothing Friday and when I called they said it "should be" monday.

A bargain indeed.

I figured out the most likely address for my wandering package - some batteries that are unavailable here - to have been delivered to, and went over to it. Retrieved the package myself.

I figured out the most likely address for my wandering package - some batteries that are unavailable here - to have been delivered to, and went over to it. Retrieved the package myself.
    On the phone, on the day it first went missing, I was told:

1) It's been delivered to someone who signed for it in an apartment block
    2) It's been put in your letterbox - go and look!
    3) Do you live opposite a secondary school? (no)
    4) The driver went back and there was no one there
    5) The driver is going back again tonight (Wednesday) to check when they're home
    6) Silence

Total stranger, no idea who, in an apartment block a mile away, apparently.

Really poor form that you had to go hunting for your package after PW failed to correct their own mistake. You were lucky that the recipient gave it to you without problem.

Have 2 expensive items being delivered to me this week so choose Parcel Motel instead as there was no way i would trust PW with an expensive item based on the feedback in this thread. The value of my items would tempt any incorrect recipient to lie and say they didn't have them and i could not take that chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Ask them is it common that they open parcels , I've had a feeling that a few of mine had been opened. They were then repackaged in grey bags
    No excuse for it

Was it this kind of bag?
    http://imgur.com/dWPwD7i

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

One of mine has gone missing. Fecking typical.

Have made contact with them, waiting to hear back.

Say I'm in for an interesting experience.

RossieMan wrote: »
    One of mine has gone missing. Fecking typical.

Have made contact with them, waiting to hear back.

Say I'm in for an interesting experience.

Missing on delivery? Seems to be more common than not!
    Was it this kind of bag?
    http://imgur.com/dWPwD7i

In fairness any product that appears to contravene import laws will be opened to check, it's standard customs procedure. They can see via x-ray if an item is suspicious or if labeled as containing a prohibited product. In such circumstances i can understand the product being opened and resealed. Another scenario is an expensive product being undervalued for import duty purposes e.g. a €300 phone declared as a €20 electronic sample. They can see from a scan that it's a phone and will automatically open the package if they think there are shenanigans with the declared value.

Anyone falling into any of these categories can have no grievances with their package being opened for examination

Missing on delivery? Seems to be more common than not!

Well, maybe not; maybe it's that people whose parcels are missing are more likely to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No just missing, Amazon say they delivered it Wednesday, no sign of anything from PW about it. Had 2 more deliveries the same day which I've received.

It's a Christmas present too so its a priority.

• Advertisement

Well, maybe not; maybe it's that people whose parcels are missing are more likely to post here.

I don't know. I'd say most of their new customers have been obtained via this forum. Certainly people will post their complaints and those without problem may not but one has to admit that the problems are far too numerous at this stage to be ignored as one offs or coincidental. There are clearly systematic problems in this new service hence why i'm going back to PM. I have paid for several orders with PW and still experiencing some of this problems and it inspires no confidence
    RossieMan wrote: »
    No just missing, Amazon say they delivered it Wednesday, no sign of anything from PW about it. Had 2 more deliveries the same day which I've received.

It's a Christmas present too so its a priority.

Was it a registered delivery? If so ask Amazon to confirm the signator. I can see a name on one of my deliveries so you phone the PW office and query the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Im sh1tting it now, I trusted these people.

I hope I get my packages.

Lesson learned

Nightline in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Just got 2 e-mails for 2 of my packages saying they will be delivered later today. But those were already delivered last Saturday, so the e-mails are about 2 days late :pac:

My 3rd package that I am still waiting on though........nada. No e-mail, no nothing. It's already been received into their "Head Office" since Saturday, so I'm hoping they'll deliver that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,545 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i had a look but could not find what are the max dimensions for a package ? Without having to read back through the whole thread. I see on the website that if it is over sized, it will be accepted, but sent out at DPD national rates. Any ideas on rough prices, my package is 80 x 60 x 40 cm , but i can still cancel it if it is going to be too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

In fairness any product that appears to contravene import laws will be opened to check, it's standard customs procedure. They can see via x-ray if an item is suspicious or if labeled as containing a prohibited product. In such circumstances i can understand the product being opened and resealed. Another scenario is an expensive product being undervalued for import duty purposes e.g. a €300 phone declared as a €20 electronic sample. They can see from a scan that it's a phone and will automatically open the package if they think there are shenanigans with the declared value.

Anyone falling into any of these categories can have no grievances with their package being opened for examination

In my case it was a video game that turned up with its case literally in pieces because the packaging was so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

just signing up for this service as my parcel motel locker is clogging up and my parcel is in belfast since thursday, seems to be lots of things going missing, many of the items i get are high value like watch parts ect and if they are signed for by the company but i dont receive them then im goosed, so basically im looking for advice, wait on parcel motel or jump ship ?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Parcel Wizard received my item on Tuesday last week but it says there was no signature on Royal Mail for the person who signed it but it did arrive at their depot. There's been no record of it on my account on the Parcel Wizard site. I have sent emails and got responses saying it will be checked out but its Monday now and still no word. Pretty concerned at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

just signing up for this service as my parcel motel locker is clogging up and my parcel is in belfast since thursday, seems to be lots of things going missing, many of the items i get are high value like watch parts ect and if they are signed for by the company but i dont receive them then im goosed, so basically im looking for advice, wait on parcel motel or jump ship ?

If my parcel isn't checked in within 24 hours, I just assume the sender has left out the pmid or its obscured and contact PM with tracking, description of parcel contents etc. its usually sorted quickly. Its hard to beat the extended liability too at 1.75 a week. That being said I wouldn't rely on them from next week on as they'll probably be innundated if last year is anything to go by. All the couriers are slow at the moment with the glut of christmas/black friday/cyber monday. Last few an post parcels I've had have been about 4 days later than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I don't know. I'd say most of their new customers have been obtained via this forum.

Think you've vastly overestimated the reach of the boards bargain alerts forum there zarquon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I'm starting to worry myself. I've a bought a keyboard on Ebay UK, on 30th Nov., still no sign of it. Hope it won't be ending bad! :-(

Advertisement