Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Amazon delivering my order to their depot today, fingers crossed. They're Christmas presents so need this to be hitch free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got the last of my free deliveries today, all were pretty seamless from the moment they were delivered to DPD and tracking details were spot on.

Think I'll be switching from Parcel Motel, having orders delivered to me at work is so much handier than collecting from PM locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

maximoose wrote: »
    Just got the last of my free deliveries today, all were pretty seamless from the moment they were delivered to DPD and tracking details were spot on.

Think I'll be switching from Parcel Motel, having orders delivered to me at work is so much handier than collecting from PM locker.

Same here much more handier for me and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

saves the cost on going to a PM locker.

Had 1 delivery which i got text and email updates no issues whatsoever.

2nd delivery - on its way now

don't know where to use my last free delivery yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

My 3rd and final free delivery is "out for delivery" right now. Expected time around 3 - 4pm. If nothing goes wrong, then all 3 of my free deliveries have gone without a hitch.

Don't think I'll be switching from Parcel Motel though. They still haven't let me down and they've always been pretty quick to get the stuff to my local locker.

• Advertisement

Am I right in saying that even if Parcel Wizard goes 'without a hitch', it's still at least a day slower than Parcel Motel?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that even if Parcel Wizard goes 'without a hitch', it's still at least a day slower than Parcel Motel?

Well in my experience, the two free deliveries that I've already received took 3 days. They received them on their depot up North on the 2nd of December and was delivered to me on the 5th of December.

Whereas in my experience with Parcel Motel, my packages are usually ready to collect in my local locker the next day. My most recent order via Parcel Motel only took 13 hours or so. Was received up North at 7am and was ready to collect in my local locker by 8pm on the same day. So yes, I'd agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Mine was quick. Sent on Wednesday. Delivered on Friday

Dodge wrote: »
    Mine was quick. Sent on Wednesday. Delivered on Friday

Sent from UK on Wednesday using standard service? That's pretty good. My things are taking at least a week, and half the reason I would use this service is because the postal service between the UK and Ireland is ridiculously slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

maximoose wrote: »

[...]

Exactly the same here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

If my parcel isn't checked in within 24 hours, I just assume the sender has left out the pmid or its obscured and contact PM with tracking, description of parcel contents etc. its usually sorted quickly. Its hard to beat the extended liability too at 1.75 a week. That being said I wouldn't rely on them from next week on as they'll probably be innundated if last year is anything to go by. All the couriers are slow at the moment with the glut of christmas/black friday/cyber monday. Last few an post parcels I've had have been about 4 days later than usual.
    the pmid was not put on the address but they have it in belfast for a while, i had an email asking if i was expecting anything ans then rang them, waiting on lockers they said that why i was going to switch but it seems to be all horror stories of things going missing

Hi,

Are there any Reps around? i have a query i need to address.

I have used your 2 free deliveries. 1 still untouched.

I ordered on BulkPowders but their courier is DPD as well. I paid for delivery charge. Does this mean this isn't included on the free delivery? Somehow it shows on my Parcel Wizard account even tho I didn't put my PW i.d. on it.

5star02707 wrote: »
    Hi,

Are there any Reps around? i have a query i need to address.

I have used your 2 free deliveries. 1 still untouched.

I ordered on BulkPowders but their courier is DPD as well. I paid for delivery charge. Does this mean this isn't included on the free delivery? Somehow it shows on my Parcel Wizard account even tho I didn't put my PW i.d. on it.

What do you mean you paid for the delivery charge ? Is the delivery charge for an address in the Republic of Ireland or it's just the delivery in the UK your paid for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Sent from UK on Wednesday using standard service? That's pretty good. My things are taking at least a week, and half the reason I would use this service is because the postal service between the UK and Ireland is ridiculously slow.

Yes, "Royal Mail Signed For" service. Arrived in DPD depot the day after it was sent. They let me know immediately and it arrived with me the following day

jamescd wrote: »
    What do you mean you paid for the delivery charge ? Is the delivery charge for an address in the Republic of Ireland or it's just the delivery in the UK your paid for ?

when buying on bulkpowders.ie i paid the delivery charge there which is 4.99euros. Address that i picked was ROI (work).

Apparently they ship with DPD UK. Now it somehow appeared on my PW account even tho i didn't ship it to the UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Dodge wrote: »
    Yes, "Royal Mail Signed For" service. Arrived in DPD depot the day after it was sent. They let me know immediately and it arrived with me the following day

Hi Dodge, when your parcel was delivered to the Parcel Motel depot, did someone specific sign for it according to your Royal Mail tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

when buying on bulkpowders.ie i paid the delivery charge there which is 4.99euros. Address that i picked was ROI (work).

Apparently they ship with DPD UK. Now it somehow appeared on my PW account even tho i didn't ship it to the UK address.

Don't worry, it's not going up north.

Parcelwizard works with any shipment that comes via DPD to one of your registered addresses.

If they get any dataset in the shipment that matches your parcelwizard (be it the PW, e-mail or mobile) than it associated to the parcelwizard and you can use the functions (like hold, reschedule, alternative address).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

amazon are asking me for feedback on three items, but no word from pw, if i do not hear from them by noon tomorrow i will try to make contact withn them

Don't worry, it's not going up north.

Parcelwizard works with any shipment that comes via DPD to one of your registered addresses.

If they get any dataset in the shipment that matches your parcelwizard (be it the PW, e-mail or mobile) than it associated to the parcelwizard and you can use the functions (like hold, reschedule, alternative address).

ok i get that but does this mean i still have 1 free delivery left or was it used up because it appeared on my PW account ?

ok i get that but does this mean i still have 1 free delivery left or was it used up because it appeared on my PW account ?

Parcels send to you directly (not via your virtual address up north) do not count against the 3, only those that you have send to the address up north.

Parcelwizards functions for your other parcels that use your home address etc. are free. It's an added benefit for using DPD.

• Advertisement

Parcels send to you directly (not via your virtual address up north) do not count against the 3, only those that you have send to the address up north.

Parcelwizards functions for your other parcels that use your home address etc. are free. It's an added benefit for using DPD.

Thanks! was worried that i used all my free deliveries when i paid postal charge for 1 of my item. Guess that means need to do more Christmas shopping :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Got my last of the 3 delivered today. Overall happy with the service so providing they can keep the cost similar to parcelmotel I'll keep using them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Used it twice. Fine service but the advantage to Parcel Motel to me is that I can collect it whenever I want. Not have to be in at some stage to receive the goods.

Has anyone tried contacting them? Any idea how long it generally takes to get through been on the line around 20 mins.

My latest parcel was delivered by Yodel at 12:13 and showed up at 14:36 in the parcelwizard interface and it shows up with a delivery date of tomorrow, so let's see if that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

pretty much exact same for my package. Wasn't a Fire Tv Stick bought on black friday by any chance was it? :D

For anyone who has parcels missing I was told that if your parcel was delivered in the middle of the night e.g mine was 3am Royal Mail might have delivered it to a different location as Parcel Wizard was closed at that time, of course my credit went before I could find out what to do after holding on the line for over an hour :mad: .

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Im awaiting on fridays failed deliver and another for today. between 4pm and 5.. no sign of it.
    It said online it could not deliver as the route was blocked on Friday, It was not blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My latest parcel was delivered by Yodel at 12:13 and showed up at 14:36 in the parcelwizard interface and it shows up with a delivery date of tomorrow, so let's see if that will happen.

Mine arrived at 8:50 from royal mail and at nearly 5pm it still hasn't shown up. Now Parcel motel has checked in items as late as 8pm before so I'm not concerned. If it hasn't been logged by tomorrow morning I will be because , as a courier , that would be considered slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have the reps just fuxked off? I've been on hold for 30 minutes with no one answering, eventually gave in and asked for a call back. Id really appreciate a call back as I'm paying for this service, if you want to keep any customers you really need to cop on.

Advertisement