Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

RossieMan wrote: »
    Have the reps just fuxked off? I've been on hold for 30 minutes with no one answering, eventually gave in and asked for a call back. Id really appreciate a call back as I'm paying for this service, if you want to keep any customers you really need to cop on.

I was just thinking myself RossieMan, DPD need to get more proactive before this turns into a PR disaster. Leaving people to stew only makes it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

And the expected delivery time has come..............and long gone. Don't think it'll be coming today. Waste of time staying in waiting for it.

My 2 previous free deliveries were also not delivered on the 1st attempt. I got a text saying the delivery was delayed and will be delivered the following day instead.

Now it looks like my 3rd and final free delivery won't make it on the 1st attempt either. No text this time though so have no idea where it is. I assume they'll re-attempt delivery tomorrow.

This has definitely convinced me to stick with Parcel Motel. Twice in a row they've failed to deliver when they said they would and left me waiting in the house all day for a delivery that was never gonna come. I'll probably just pick it up from their depot tomorrow instead of waiting all day and be left disappointed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

My parcel has been in Dublin since 9 days ago. Got yet another email this morning saying it would be delivered today but guess what? Nothing arrived. Really rubbish service. I wouldn't care if they told me items would be late as long as the "delivery today" texts were correct. It's a bloody shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'd be delighted with a failed delivery attempt. At least then you k ow they've got it. Having it delivered and showing up in royal mail tracking as delivered and to the correct address, then nothing from DPD, that's worse. That's where I am for nearly the last week.

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'd be delighted with a failed delivery attempt. At least then you k ow they've got it. Having it delivered and showing up in royal mail tracking as delivered and to the correct address, then nothing from DPD, that's worse. That's where I am for nearly the last week.

Yeah I would agree that your situation is definitely much worse.

But being messed around twice in a row doesn't exactly inspire confidence. The only saving grace is that they were free. Between them and Parcel Motel, I know who I'll be giving my money to in the future that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Well I didn't wait for a failed delivery attempt, rang the depot in Roscommon and got the drivers number, met him in town and got my packages.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Hi guys!

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you – we had a few communications gremlins but we're back on track again now!

It was a really busy start to December for DPD. Nearly half a million parcels were collected and delivered over the last week! Unfortunately though, there were some delays and we’re really sorry about that.

The bad weather over the weekend hit some areas hard - there's still flooding in parts of Mayo, Cork and Donegal in particular but most locations are accessible so our vans are getting through.

If you have any questions Please let us know – we’re here to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Hi guys!

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you – we had a few communications gremlins but we're back on track again now!

It was a really busy start to December for DPD. Nearly half a million parcels were collected and delivered over the last week! Unfortunately though, there were some delays and we’re really sorry about that.

The bad weather over the weekend hit some areas hard - there's still flooding in parts of Mayo, Cork and Donegal in particular but most locations are accessible so our vans are getting through.

Im waiting on a 5th delivery attempt as i type, between 6 and 7pm, i know it wont be delivered yet again so is it possible to get the drivers number as your call centre does not answer the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Wtf? Says there was an attempted delivery today at 1.42?? There was not

andy125 wrote: »
    Im waiting on a 5th delivery attempt as i type, between 6 and 7pm, i know it wont be delivered yet again so is it possible to get the drivers number as your call centre does not answer the phone

Hi Andy,

Our customer services team experienced a large volume of calls today. I'm afraid that they are closed now. Could you please forward me your tracking number if you don't get your parcel to follow up?

Kind regards,
    Liam

• Advertisement

Wtf? Says there was an attempted delivery today at 1.42?? There was not

Hi there,

Could you please forward us your tracking no. to follow up?

Thanks,
    Liam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Liam, I've dropped you a PM.

Hi guys!

If I change it to "Collect from your local depot" on the website, will it definitely be kept in the depot for collection tomorrow ? Don't want to drive up there tomorrow, only to find out it's in the back of someone's van.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

Hi guys!

Hi Liam - I'm waiting almost a week for one parcel, and since Thursday for another. They keep being rescheduled without me being notified, and one of them has been "held in depot" since Thursday, when it was supposed to be delivered. Happy to PM you the tracking numbers. I've tried ringing but was on hold for 25 minutes. I would really appreciate an update, as I'm in Dublin and the floods weren't an issue here that I know of. Cheers.

jamescd wrote: »
    If I change it to "Collect from your local depot" on the website, will it definitely be kept in the depot for collection tomorrow ? Don't want to drive up there tomorrow, only to find out it's in the back of someone's van.

Hi James,

It will indeed. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GoodKill

A site I use to order stuff uses DPD. Nothing but bad experiences and helpful, smartarse customer care.

I actually use parcel motel for that site so as not to have dealings with DPD.

GoodKill wrote: »
    A site I use to order stuff uses DPD. Nothing but bad experiences and helpful, smartarse customer care.

I actually use parcel motel for that site so as not to have dealings with DPD.

Really sorry to hear this.. Let me know if there's anything we can do for you. We are here to help - in a non smarta**y way :)

emaleth wrote: »
    Hi Liam - I'm waiting almost a week for one parcel, and since Thursday for another. They keep being rescheduled without me being notified, and one of them has been "held in depot" since Thursday, when it was supposed to be delivered. Happy to PM you the tracking numbers.

Hi there,

Please do and I'll pass them on to our Customer Care Team first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
    Liam

Going a bit off topic here..

Have any unwanted Lego?

Here’s how it can pay for sick children to be cared for > http://www.thejournal.ie/lego-jack-and-jill-donate-2476818-Dec2015/?utm_source=shortlink

Donate yours via DPD Ireland’s 38 depots around the country, with locations listed on www.dpd.ie and www.jackandjill.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Waited at window again with dpd tracking page open between the times given to me, once again i got attempted deliver failed text, so a 5th failed delivery and someone was at home at every attempted deliver.

So i had enough of this bull**** and using the dpd van tracking page i went out in the car to try and find the van which wasn't too far from me, i eventually caught up with the van and asked the driver did he have a package for my address, with a puzzled look on his face he went into the back of the badly packed van full of packages with no light source of any sort and found mine buried deep right at the back after 5mins of searching, i signed for my package and left not bothering to confront the driver further as he had little English and i knew it would get me no where

It is abit of a joke that i had to waist 20-30min trying to retrieve my package from a driver who clearly from what i could see was poorly trained to deliver packages, although i am happy to finally have gotten it i do fear for my next package which is due tomorrow!

• Advertisement

So i had enough of this bull**** and using the dpd van tracking page i went out in the car to try and find the van which wasn't too far from me, i eventually caught up with the van and asked the driver did he have a package for my address, with a puzzled look on his face he went into the back of the badly packed van full of packages with no light source of any sort and found mine buried deep right at the back after 5mins of searching, i signed for my package and left not bothering to confront the driver further as he had little English and i knew it would get me no where

Where is this van tracking page ? Is it the little map with the van when you go into "My Deliveries" ?

Where is this van tracking page ? Is it the little map with the van when you go into "My Deliveries" ?

Yes thats the one

monster1 wrote: »
    Yes thats the one

Really ? I noticed that a couple of times while I was waiting for my delivery, but the Van never moves. The little Van icon was beside my local depot the whole time, the entire day. Does that mean my package wasn't even out for delivery and it was just sitting in the depot the whole time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Recieved a package today despite no notifications, fortunate i was at home. Driver was in a hurry and signed my name to the delivery without asking me to do so. If i was the wrong recipient it would have been marked as received by the correct recipient with no recipient signature to proof what happened. It does not inspire confidence at all.

There are clearly some problems with the parcel wizard system but a bigger issue seems to be the drivers who are delivering to wrong address, marking items as delivered that are not or marking items as failed delivery attempt when they haven't bothered to do so. It is clearly a busy time for the drivers and some are taking shortcuts to reduce their work load.

The only positive i have is that the package was oversize as Amazon packed in a monster box 90cm in lenght with a lot of empty space and padding. Completely OTT packaging from Amazon but still was processed at the standard rate. Parcel motel would have charged for oversize package with pickup required from the depot.

Parcel Wizard service is dodgy at the moment but i can now say that i would use it for low value orders where their is a risk that the package is too big for a PM locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

website problems? I can't log in or reset my password, just says "error has occurred". off to use Parcel Motel instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Signed up for ParcelWizard tonight and organized an Amazon delivery through it. I come back 2 hours later to login and the website doesnt recognise either my email address or the parcel id i was given! Is this for real?

Agricola wrote: »
    Signed up for ParcelWizard tonight and organized an Amazon delivery through it. I come back 2 hours later to login and the website doesnt recognise either my email address or the parcel id i was given! Is this for real?

Website down for me too. Possibly for maintenance, everyone is affected. Good job i rescheduled some deliveries already before the website went down.

Really ? I noticed that a couple of times while I was waiting for my delivery, but the Van never moves. The little Van icon was beside my local depot the whole time, the entire day. Does that mean my package wasn't even out for delivery and it was just sitting in the depot the whole time :mad:

It worked for me Friday, but as you said the van showed beside the depot all day today on the map,I did receive the packages today, but I rang the depot and asked for the drivers number and called him.

Dodge wrote: »
    Think you've vastly overestimated the reach of the boards bargain alerts forum there zarquon :)

60K+ views in a little over a month for this thread. It's plainly evident and demonstrable that you have underestimated the reach of the BA forum.

Why do you think that DPD were quick to jump on the bandwagon and get some verified reps registered on this thread as quickly as they could?

I stand by my ascertain as the stats for this thread support it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Site is broken for me also.

Advertisement