Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ballymag

Sadly, think I will be sticking with Parcel Motel in future. Signed up and got the first delivery no problem. The second one which, according to its tracking, was delivered to DPD Carrickfergus on Fri 29th Nov hasn't been seen since. Contacted DPD who told me to contact the carrier. Contacted the carrier who told me to contact the seller. Contacted the seller who clearly doesn't want to waste time looking for docs and feels its quicker to give a refund. Don't want a refund - want the item I originally bought! Arrrggghh!!

Have one last delivery due to go to DPD soon - just hope that turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Maybe it's not on the mobile version of the site but I can't see anywhere to top up my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Hi there,

Once you have a parcel out for delivery, a button will appear under your tracking number on 'My Future Deliveries' page saying Follow my Parcel. Once you click on it you'll be able to see your driver approaching your premises. Please be kindly informed that since our drivers have thousands of deliveries per day, you will only be able to view the van moving on the map when it reaches your area (last 10 stops prior to delivery).

I just opened my deliveries (45 minutes before the predict time) once I clicked on the tracking number detailed tracking info appeared together with the map showing where the drive is.

Nothing about "follow my parcel", directly in the tracking details, looks like there has been an update.

Now let's see how surprise the driver will be when I stand in the doorway when he pulls in :D

I still like the European DPD app better, but this is a great improvement.

Dodge wrote: »
    You don't. You'll e billed for it instead

Email says

We have a parcel for you awaiting payment. You can top up your account by logging in to Parcel Wizard and clicking on the Buy Now button under the UK Virtual Address page.

No button visible.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Email says

We have a parcel for you awaiting payment. You can top up your account by logging in to Parcel Wizard and clicking on the Buy Now button under the UK Virtual Address page.

No button visible.

Hi,
    On the Parcel Wizard website click on the "MY UK VIRTUAL ADDRESS" icon. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will be able to purchase 1, 3 or 5 deliveries. If you can't see this option please try and clear your cache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

i said yesterday that i would contact them at noon today, i forgot as i was busy with something else, at 12.20 i recieved a call from them. the end result is i will have the three packages delivered tomorrow, so a massive thumbs up, my reason for changing is i have roughly a 40 mile round trip to collect from pm, again thank you parcel wizzard

Hi,
    On the Parcel Wizard website click on the "MY UK VIRTUAL ADDRESS" icon. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will be able to purchase 1, 3 or 5 deliveries. If you can't see this option please try and clear your cache.

Thanks Liam. Sorted now.

BTW - why would you put the account top up / payment section in the my address section ? Surely the my account tab is where it should be located (and I would go as far as to suggest it really should be on its own page)

jamescd wrote: »
    Do I need anything to bring anything to collect from depot ? ID I guess ?

Hi there,

Please make sure you have a valid photo ID with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Maybe it's not on the mobile version of the site but I can't see anywhere to top up my account.

It's the mobile layout.

Had the same problem yesterday trying to figure it out, it just doesn't seem to load the option on mobile view. Log in on a desktop and go to "My Virtual Address" and there's an option at the bottom of the page to top up.

Really need to get auto payments!

gmisk wrote: »
    Quick question, If I place an order and use the address I was given....when does it show up on the parcel wizard system?

Once we receive it in our depot in the north.

• Advertisement

ballymag wrote: »
    Sadly, think I will be sticking with Parcel Motel in future. Signed up and got the first delivery no problem. The second one which, according to its tracking, was delivered to DPD Carrickfergus on Fri 29th Nov hasn't been seen since. Contacted DPD who told me to contact the carrier. Contacted the carrier who told me to contact the seller. Contacted the seller who clearly doesn't want to waste time looking for docs and feels its quicker to give a refund. Don't want a refund - want the item I originally bought! Arrrggghh!!

Hi there,

Please be kindly informed that we have no depots in Carrickfergus.

Thanks Liam. Sorted now.

BTW - why would you put the account top up / payment section in the my address section ? Surely the my account tab is where it should be located (and I would go as far as to suggest it really should be on its own page)

Thanks for the feedback. We are collating feedback from users to pass back to IT team.

Was that delivered with YODEL?

All my yodel deliveries end like this:
    Your parcel has been delivered (Carrickfergus depot (yodel)

Does not mean a DPD depot in Carrickfergus (which there is none) but that it was delivered by the Yodel Carrickfergus depot.

Yodel should be able to give you GPS data or signature data that DPD could use.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

gmisk wrote: »
    Quick question, If I place an order and use the address I was given....when does it show up on the parcel wizard system?

When we receive your Parcel into the virtual depot the parcels get matched via your Parcel Wizard ID number, this automatically sends you notification that we have it in our system and it will be delivered to you the very next day. Hope this was helpful and if you have any other queries do not hesitate to ask :)
    Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

Did an order of 6 items (all in one order, fairly small items), and Amazon have decided to ship it in 4 deliveries (where on Earth is the logic). I'm guessing I'm going to be charged as there'll be 4 deliveries? Do I have to pay before hand?
    Good morning!

Ah really sorry about that! At the bottom of 'My UK Virtual Address' there is a Buy Now button where you can top up your account.

Let me know if there's anything else I could help you with.

I paid on DPD for an extra delivery. Do I need to do anything or will it automatically match off and send my other delivery?

physioman wrote: »
    Just had my first package delivered this morning by DPD. Happy with communication and he delivered it on time. 2 to go before i give my full seal of approval

That's great to hear, if you encounter any issues or have any queries just drop me a PM and I will do my best to help :)

Ciara

I paid on DPD for an extra delivery. Do I need to do anything or will it automatically match off and send my other delivery?

Hi there,

You don't have to take any more action, our system will see the other payment and your goods will be dispatched without delay.

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Had 3 deliveries so far and all arrived ok. I guess there are a few teething issues but its defo a good alternative to Parcel Motel. Thanks to the OP and DPD

Hi there,

Please be kindly informed that we have no depots in Carrickfergus.

Sorry I got that wrong this was the address that it was sent to:

Derek R****
    PW1*****
    DPD parcel wizard, unit 3 & 5 Trench Park Road
    Mallusk, Antrim BT36 4YT
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 0035387********

I contacted the carrier for the sender and on web chat he confirmed it was signed for by someone called "Macauley". They said I would have to contact sender for POD but they have no interest and only want to send refund

You might want to remove your phone number, real name and PW from that post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Second delivery arrived today, 10 minutes before the text message said it would. Thank you Liam and the team.

Sorry I got that wrong this was the address that it was sent to:

<Name>
    PWXXXXX
    DPD parcel wizard, unit 3 & 5 Trench Park Road
    Mallusk, Antrim BT36 4YT
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 00353XXXXXXXXX

I contacted the carrier for the sender and on web chat he confirmed it was signed for by someone called "Macauley". They said I would have to contact sender for POD but they have no interest and only want to send refund

Hi There

I have just checked with our UK Virtual depot and they have no one with the surname of McCauley working there so its a strong possibility that it has been mis delivered to another address. If they are made aware of this they may be able to rectify the matter.

Regards
    Ciara

Hi There

I have just checked with our UK Virtual depot and they have no one with the surname of McCauley working there so its a strong possibility that it has been mis delivered to another address. If they are made aware of this they may be able to rectify the matter.

Regards
    Arlene

Thanks for that, can you just edit the quote to remove full name and mobile. I'll try to follow up with carrier.

Same advise as before you might want to take the personal data out of your reply.

Arlene,

As requested can you edit your post to remove the name PW number and phone number.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Ciara/Liam, another post here to recommend that the payment option be moved to the "My Account" section rather than deliveries section as this is more intuitive. Additionally there should be the option to view the account balance just as Parcel Motel does on the payment screen

zarquon wrote: »
    Ciara/Liam, another post here to recommend that the payment option be moved to the "My Account" section rather than deliveries section as this is more intuitive. Additionally there should be the option to view the account balance just as Parcel Motel does on the payment screen

I fully agree with this. Right now the Virtual Address feels like a disconnected add-in to Parcelwizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Got my first delivery today 30 min's after text message, very pleased with the service, great alternative to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Celt1

Got second delivery today....great service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Im a great believer in giving praise where praise is due. Might be an idea to pm the DPD reps here with our details and get them to pass on our praises to the delivery drivers who provided a good service. Im sure they will be alot of the drivers under pressure and working hard over the next few weeks and any praise may help them. I'll get the ball rolling!

Advertisement