Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Good Morning

Our max parcel weight is 20kg, and we are not restricted to locker size so the parcel you describe will travel without any issues through our Parcel Wizard service.

Happy shopping :)

Ciara
    Website says 40 x 40 x 60 cm maximum dimensions, max weight 20kg?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

zarquon wrote: »
    Biggest issue with the service is the quality of driver. Some of them are good but some of them are brutal. I've already had one good driver and one bad driver on the same route. I think people will find out quickly via the free trial if their local driver(s) are good or not. It's pretty disgraceful to see some drivers not attempting to deliver products, delivering to wrong people or making up false excuses for undelivered attempts.

I've had two deliveries from the same driver. First delivery was terrible. Nobody called me(wasn't there), website says I signed for it, I didn't and driver updated system that I signed for it, it was delivered to a neighbour but I didn't know that until later that evening when said neighbour knocked on the door. I made a complaint.

Next Delivery this week from the same driver. I wasn't there, we agreed a delivery location for all future locations. He's happy out, I will never be there but he'll be there and gone quicker than If I was anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Berty wrote: »
    I've had two deliveries from the same driver. First delivery was terrible. Nobody called me(wasn't there), website says I signed for it, I didn't and driver updated system that I signed for it

Same here, yesterday and today except both left on my doorstep.

This is the regular DPD service (not wizard) I never received any notification by email, text or phone.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just wondering somebody on here might be able to help.

Ordered an item on eBay Sunday night paid for first class postage to hurry the delivery up a bit.
    It was sent out Monday marked as dispatched half eight Monday morning.

No sign of it arriving up north yet royal mail are usually spot on delivery wise just thinking is it due to the weather conditions in the UK at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

3 orders placed at different stages. Not Parcel Wizards fault but one of these was split into 3 orders itself so I've ended up with 5 deliveries due.

Delivery 1 - Perfect very impressed with the system, times, updates etc.

Delivery 2 - Email sent advising of the delivery day. Item not delivered that day. Onto customer services who were unable to contact the depot involved. Was promised the depot would call. They didn't but updated the tracker to say they had successfully called and had arranged an alternative delivery. Queried this in a bit of a panic with customer services the following morning. Prior to their replying the package arrived. Customer services reply was that we see it's there now. No explanation for the confusion, delay or false info on account. Emailed back very politely with feedback about the lack of communication or false communication. Got an email back saying we see that it's there now. :rolleyes:

Delivery 3 - Arrived and processed perfectly as per delivery 1.

Delivery 4 and Delivery 5. After topping up the account yesterday and confirming with customer services that the parcels had been released I was assured delivery would take place today. Neither package arrived - emailed at 4pm today the customer services rep back who said the packages had cleared asking for confirmation of what was happening. No reply.

2 out of 5 went as planned. Communication and customer service around the 3 others has been very poor. Can't see myself continuing to use the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

My 4th delivery arrived three days late.
    No communication.

My 5th is two days late now.
    No communication.
    I called them and it rings out.
    No reply to emails.

Poor deliveries are one thing.
    Poor communication is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hi all just registered with dpd,good experience with local deliveries in past,only couple questions who already used them,basically ordered some perfume as gifts using uk addy,trouble is they are from different companies but delivery date is same,but as always could be day or so later then other,is there way for them to let know to pack it in one go both-since a bit pointless to get two small items delivered say day apart.also will i get message when it lands into uk depot thx,that said do they operate on saturdays as well.

know might some questions might been answered to many times so rep if possible drop pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

scamalert wrote: »
    Hi all just registered with dpd,good experience with local deliveries in past,only couple questions who already used them,basically ordered some perfume as gifts using uk addy,trouble is they are from different companies but delivery date is same,but as always could be day or so later then other,is there way for them to let know to pack it in one go both-since a bit pointless to get two small items delivered say day apart.also will i get message when it lands into uk depot thx,that said do they operate on saturdays as well.

know might some questions might been answered to many times so rep if possible drop pm.

They are not going to repack items into one box, you'll get charged for 2 delivery's or 2 free turns

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

scamalert wrote: »

Hi, each parcel or letter that is received into the UK Virtual Address is dealt with individually and shipped out accordingly. We cant collate orders for customers. On your account you can re-date the delivery once you receive notification from us that we have received it. When you get notification of the second parcel you can then date both of them for delivery to your address on the same day.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Hi,

Can you PM me and let me have the tracking numbers from your deliveries so we can look into the details reported by depot.

• Advertisement

Same here, yesterday and today except both left on my doorstep.

This is the regular DPD service (not wizard) I never received any notification by email, text or phone.

Hi CrowdedHouse,
    Can you PM me with your tracking number so I can take a look at the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hi CrowdedHouse,
    Can you PM me with your tracking number so I can take a look at the details.

Thanks Liam,

I've informed the companies that were sending the goods.

One man was particularly annoyed as he said it reflected bad on his company's service. I'd say someone will be getting their ear bent this morning!

Seven Worlds will Collide

zarquon wrote: »
    A much more positive experience for me today with 3 orders. Different driver than before, much more pleasant and courteous despite being under the same pressure as the previous driver i'm sure and asked me to sign for the items this time after first coming to the door to confirm my identity before retrieving the packages

Only thing i don't like is the short notice on the notifications. I got 2 hour notice today, notifications should be sent out a lot quicker in case people need to make alternative arrangements. The short notice means notifications are useless for me so i have to proactively check the website instead for receipt of item which is a pain.

Hi Zarquon, Apologies for that. All customers should receive a text message as their parcel is scanned onto the van. The depots have been extremely busy over the last week or so and have had to bring in extra drivers to cover volumes. If a run had been spilt up the scans may have been sent a little later , but early morning scans are the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Guys,

I have 2 deliveries with an expected delivery date of today (arrived in to Armagh yesterday morning) and they were received in to the Head Office - Hub at about 2 a.m. this morning. There is no further tracking info.

Will I get them today ?

TIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Hi I ordered two low price items and asked Amazon to bundle them as one. It appears now they may come separately - what are my options?

V1llianous wrote: »
    Guys,

I have 2 deliveries with an expected delivery date of today (arrived in to Armagh yesterday morning) and they were received in to the Head Office - Hub at about 2 a.m. this morning. There is no further tracking info.

Will I get them today ?

TIA.

Hi, Can you let me have your PW ID number on PM so I can take a look for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Gaygooner wrote: »
    Hi I ordered two low price items and asked Amazon to bundle them as one. It appears now they may come separately - what are my options?

Get onto them quickly via online chat. The same was going to happen to me but I sorted it by contacting them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Used service last week fro an order on Ebay. It took a little longer than I expected to arrive, and was an hour later than that advised by DPD, but very happy with service overall.

mathie wrote: »
    My 4th delivery arrived three days late.
    No communication.

My 5th is two days late now.
    No communication.
    I called them and it rings out.
    No reply to emails.

Poor deliveries are one thing.
    Poor communication is another.

Hi Mathie

Can you please PM me some details and I will get this sorted out for you.
    Regards
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

got another call on tuesday evening saying i would have a delivery on wedensday, had an email on wedensday morning confirming the same, got a call on wedensday telling me the time of the delivery, it arrived spot on, all three packages togeather, a very happy bunny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

mrcheez wrote: »
    Get onto them quickly via online chat. The same was going to happen to me but I sorted it by contacting them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

Cheers they are going together

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Hi

I ordered two items from a reputable ebay shop in Northern Ireland last week. They both shipped at the same time but in separate packages. They were both posted by Royal mail to my virtual parcel wizard address .

One of the items arrived on Tuesday last but there is still no sign of the second and there is no deliveries pending in my account.

Is there anything you can do to help?

Hi, Can you let me have your PW ID number on PM so I can take a look for you.

PM sent - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Absolutely shocking service. Package attempted to be delivered 3 minutes ago for the THIRD DAY, I had to get the keys to open the porch door and the driver didn't even wait 20 seconds for me to open it. Got out to the driveway but he didn't look twice and just drove off. Never using this service again.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

Third day my parcel is out for delivery! Driver made up 2 excuses for failed delivery the last two days. Interesting to see how today goes. Have been on to customer service a few times so time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I placed an order from delivery from uk (despatched on 7th Dec) when will it show under my deliveries on the parcel wizard site?

gmisk wrote: »
    I placed an order from delivery from uk (despatched on 7th Dec) when will it show under my deliveries on the parcel wizard site?

It will show up under future deliveries but only when received at the Armagh centre.

V1llianous wrote: »
    Guys,

Will I get them today ?

TIA.

Good Morning!

Can you please PM me your Parcel Wizard ID number and I will chase this up for you.
    Regards
    Ciara

Absolutely shocking service. Package attempted to be delivered 3 minutes ago for the THIRD DAY, I had to get the keys to open the porch door and the driver didn't even wait 20 seconds for me to open it. Got out to the driveway but he didn't look twice and just drove off. Never using this service again.

Good Morning

Can you please PM me your Parcel Wizard ID number and I will try and sort this out for you.

Regards

Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I have received two of my three free deliveries. Both were delivered the day after arriving into the NI depot.

However there was a difference between the two deliveries. On the first I received an email and a text within an hour of the item arriving into NI advising that the delivery was scheduled for the following day with options for rescheduling.

The second delivery I received no message to tell me that the item had arrived into NI. The first communication I received was a text at 9.59am telling me that delivery was due between 9.30 and 10.30. The driver did arrive before 10.30 but it does not leave much room for rescheduling. It means you have to constanly check the site to see if a package is due.

This is the only issue I have and if it were fixed it would make the service even better.

Advertisement