Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

The Muppet wrote: »
    Hi

I ordered two items from a reputable ebay shop in Northern Ireland last week. They both shipped at the same time but in separate packages. They were both posted by Royal mail to my virtual parcel wizard address .

One of the items arrived on Tuesday last but there is still no sign of the second and there is no deliveries pending in my account.

Is there anything you can do to help?

Hi There

Have Royal Mail given you a proof of delivery, if so can you please PM me a copy so that I can confirm that is has been received by our Virtual Address depot in Newtownabbey.
    Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Good Morning!

Can you please PM me your Parcel Wizard ID number and I will chase this up for you.
    Regards
    Ciara

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

I've tried this once so far and missed the delivery on Tuesday (my fault). I scheduled re-delivery for yesterday - no sign. System says I rescheduled it then for today, I didn't and also says there was a "successful outbound 'phone call" yesterday evening...not to me! Package held in Depot and no reply to e-mail of yesterday yet. Not my experience of DPD to date but this is shoddy.

Edit: Parcel arrived, with apologies from the delivery person. If the system provided meaningful updates it would help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Autumn Moon

Four days so far.....

Received emails on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with expected delivery times, waited in......and nothing.
    Received email today - delivery due but with no time. (All for the one small parcel).

Do yiz think I have nothing better to be doing???

Not impressed.

Is there a prize for who is waitin' the longest???

Yay! I must be in the lead!!! Send on my prize!
    Just deliver it to..... oh on second thoughts.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Wizard! wrote: »
    What happens if a box is outside rules? I mean, I ordered something from Amazon, I have no way of knowing the box size.
    Most items on Amazon give weight and dimensions of the item in the description but unfortunately they can pack the items in boxes that are clearly way too big.
    Don't worry, Generally we will not charge extra or block parcels unless they are obviously outside the dimensions.

Regards, Ciara :)
    If they break the conveyors in the sorting centre?:D
    Doge wrote: »
    Hi Ciara and Liam,

How much would it cost to have an oversized package with dimensions:
    30cm x 50cm x 80cm

Weight:
    18KG

delivered to Cork please?

Thanks!
    DPD might not charge any extra if it's not too much over the standard size but if using other services it won't fit in your parcel motel!:pac:
    Absolutely shocking service. Package attempted to be delivered 3 minutes ago for the THIRD DAY, I had to get the keys to open the porch door and the driver didn't even wait 20 seconds for me to open it. Got out to the driveway but he didn't look twice and just drove off. Never using this service again.
    I have had UPS do this to me on several occasions, last time I saw them drive up and down the road looking out the van window but never stopped and just left claiming to have rang me but couldn't get through so brought the item back to their depot.

Just got a separate delivery via DPD and any time they deliver to my address they are on time or within an hour or two and have rang to say they will be late or to reschedule, very professional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

To be honest I wouldn't mind so much if the driver just gave me a buzz to say he didn't get around to me today or something. It's the text/email saying delivery failed due to X Y or Z, which is totally fabricated which is really getting to me.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

I have received two of my three free deliveries. Both were delivered the day after arriving into the NI depot.

However there was a difference between the two deliveries. On the first I received an email and a text within an hour of the item arriving into NI advising that the delivery was scheduled for the following day with options for rescheduling.

The second delivery I received no message to tell me that the item had arrived into NI. The first communication I received was a text at 9.59am telling me that delivery was due between 9.30 and 10.30. The driver did arrive before 10.30 but it does not leave much room for rescheduling. It means you have to constanly check the site to see if a package is due.

This is the only issue I have and if it were fixed it would make the service even better.

Hi Navi, Could you let me have the tracking numbers from the parcels via PM please so I can take a look at the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Hi There

Have Royal Mail given you a proof of delivery, if so can you please PM me a copy so that I can confirm that is has been received by our Virtual Address depot in Newtownabbey.
    Regards

Ciara

Hi Ciara

The seller has just given me the royal mail tracking number and I see it has not yet been delivered to you even though both items were posted at the same time.

Obviously my problem lies with the royal mail and not dpd

Thank you for your assistance

Tom

trendy88 wrote: »
    To be honest I wouldn't mind so much if the driver just gave me a buzz to say he didn't get around to me today or something. It's the text/email saying delivery failed due to X Y or Z, which is totally fabricated which is really getting to me.

Hi Trendy

Can you please PM me your tracking number so that I may see what has happened and try to sort this out for you.

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Nollog

I got my first one, was a lot faster than I thought, and the driver was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I've had three deliveries so far, all on time and as scheduled. Top marks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

First delivery arrived today- didn't get any notification via email or text, so wasn't expecting it, but got it earlier than Amazon estimate of next Monday which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

The Muppet wrote: »
    Obviously my problem lies with the royal mail and not dpd

Thank you for your assistance

Tom

I wonder, Tom, out of interest, since when are you waiting for the rm delivery? I have 1 rm package sent on 1st still has not made it to NI. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

padyjoe wrote: »
    I wonder, Tom, out of interest, since when are you waiting for the rm delivery? I have 1 rm package sent on 1st still has not made it to NI. Thanks!

I ordered mine on the 3rd of December from a seller in northern ireland . One arrived on Tuesday the other one is taking the scenic route to me . No sign of it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I'm struggling to order stuff from Boots in the UK because their address edit function won't let me enter the address the way it's set out in my virtual address.

The best I can get is this:

NAME NAME
    PWxxxxxx DPD Parcel
    Wizard Units 3 and 5
    Trench Park Trench
    Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    County Antrim
    BT36 4LB
    United Kingdom

This is how it will appear on the shipping label. Does anyone know if this is acceptable to Royal Mail or will it fail miserably?

If anyone else has found a way around it, please let me know!

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Mollywolly wrote: »
    I'm struggling to order stuff from Boots in the UK because their address edit function won't let me enter the address the way it's set out in my virtual address.

NAME NAME
    PWxxxxxx DPD Parcel
    Wizard Units 3 and 5
    Trench Park Trench
    Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    County Antrim
    BT36 4LB
    United Kingdom

This is how it will appear on the shipping label. Does anyone know if this is acceptable to Royal Mail or will it fail miserably?

Can you put your First name and Last name together in the First name bit ? And then just put your PW ID (PWxxxxx) in the Last name section. That's the way I prefer to do it anyhow.

jamescd wrote: »
    Can you put your First name and Last name together in the First name bit ? And then just put your PW ID (PWxxxxx) in the Last name section. That's the way I prefer to do it anyhow.
    Thanks, just tried that and can't use numbers in the last name field. All suggestions welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

you don't need to include your name, so just use your ID in the name field..

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Just received my first delivery last night(9pm, long day for the driver!). Am happy with the dervice by I didn't receive any correspondence by text or email. Could someone take a look at my profile?

Good Morning!

Can you please PM me your Parcel Wizard ID number and I will chase this up for you.
    Regards
    Ciara

Still no update yet - any idea what is going on as tracking still hasn't changed from yesterday and saying expected delivery date was yesterday.

I understand it's a busy time of year and new service but even updating the delivery date for a day later would be better than no updates / packages in limbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

V1llianous wrote: »
    Still no update yet - any idea what is going on as tracking still hasn't changed from yesterday and saying expected delivery date was yesterday.

I understand it's a busy time of year and new service but even updating the delivery date for a day later would be better than no updates / packages in limbo.

Exactly my problem.
    Of my last two packages the first was in limo with no updates for three days.
    The same with the latest one.
    In limbo for three days now I check the website and it's "Out for delivery"

The problem is not just that they're busy it's that they're not communicating which is compounding things.

I'll be back to Parcel Motel after this delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Mollywolly wrote: »

NAME NAME
    PWxxxxxx DPD Parcel
    Wizard Units 3 and 5
    Trench Park Trench
    Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    County Antrim
    BT36 4LB
    United Kingdom

What I do is combine the trench park and trench road

NAME NAME
    PWxxxxxx DPD Parcel Wizard
    Units 3 and 5 Trench Park Trench Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    County Antrim
    BT36 4LB

Liam & Ciara must have taken the day off to do their Christmas shopping ! :rolleyes:

Mine are now listed as being out for delivery - fingers crossed :!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ninetto65

Really terrible experience with this company. Was supposed to receive a package last Friday. My wife hung around the house all day waiting for delivery. Nothing. Next day, we pop into town and return home to a missed deliver slip. Went on the website and rearranged deliver for the following Thursday (yesterday). I was off that day. Stayed in all day. Not a thing, not a text message or phone call to say package could not be delivered. I emailed company to complain and got a whitewashed response that completely ignored my complaints. I phoned the customer service number and left my mobile for their call back service. No call back. Finally the dpd website (which is awful) told me to expect delivery between 9.30 and 10.30 this morning. So I phoned work and asked for some time off. Here I am at 11.00 and nothing has arrived. No text, no contact. Just terrible service.

Hi V1llianous

Your parcel is now scanned out for delivery, sorry for the delay in getting your delivery out to you.

Regards

Ciara

Liam & Ciara must have taken the day off to do their Christmas shopping ! :rolleyes:

Hi V1llianous

No not at all, shopping will have to wait till the weekend, we are way to busy to be taking time off. Liam and myself are here sorry if there was a delay in getting back to you:)
    Regards

Ciara

5star02707 wrote: »
    What I do is combine the trench park and trench road

NAME NAME
    PWxxxxxx DPD Parcel Wizard
    Units 3 and 5 Trench Park Trench Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    County Antrim
    BT36 4LB

Hi Guys

Both ways are perfectly fine and should reach us without any bother.

Regards

Ciara

Hi Guys

Both ways are perfectly fine and should reach us without any bother.

Regards

Ciara

Thanks Ciara, I'll try as 5star02707 suggested and go with it!

• Advertisement

ninetto65 wrote: »
    Really terrible experience with this company. Was supposed to receive a package last Friday. My wife hung around the house all day waiting for delivery. Nothing. Next day, we pop into town and return home to a missed deliver slip. Went on the website and rearranged deliver for the following Thursday (yesterday). I was off that day. Stayed in all day. Not a thing, not a text message or phone call to say package could not be delivered. I emailed company to complain and got a whitewashed response that completely ignored my complaints. I phoned the customer service number and left my mobile for their call back service. No call back. Finally the dpd website (which is awful) told me to expect delivery between 9.30 and 10.30 this morning. So I phoned work and asked for some time off. Here I am at 11.00 and nothing has arrived. No text, no contact. Just terrible service.

Good Afternoon Ninetto65

Really sorry to hear about your experience. can you please PM me the tracking number of the parcel you are expecting and I will chase it up for you.

Regards

Ciara

Advertisement