Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

Why would you bother getting it deleivered if it has free delivery anyway ��? Will it be quicker or....?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

We aren't in the UK. They usually charge astronomical prices to deliver to us.

Read the thread. This had all been discussed.

i want to get something delivered of amazon......it is £2 delivery but i thought because you get 3 free deliverys that cost is covered for no?Im sorry just cant get my head around it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

i want to get something delivered of amazon......it is £2 delivery but i thought because you get 3 free deliverys that cost is covered for no?Im sorry just cant get my head around it

Parcel wizard offer a service to have stuff shipped to a UK virtual address and then onwards to your own actual address. Usually this is done to avail of lower shipping rates to the UK versus Ireland or for sellers that won't ship to Ireland. This service costs money. They are offering 3 free goes of this service - that is 3 free forwarding to your address from the virtual UK address. How that package gets to the UK virtual address is your own responsibility.

It's a fierce simple concept.

Your shipping costs are with Amazon. Buy something from them directly, not through a third party seller.

As long as its over 25, its free delivery.

• Advertisement

Ok i get it now so would most delivey fees be dearer to go to ireland rather then england

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's a fierce simple concept.

Your shipping costs are with Amazon. Buy something from them directly, not through a third party seller.

As long as its over 25, its free delivery.
    Is it not over £20?

25 euro directly from amazon is free delivery here to Ireland.

Doesn't include third parties, which is obviously where you're looking.

Ok i get it now so would most delivey fees be dearer to go to ireland rather then england

I also use these type of services because they can be a lot faster (like 2-3 days). Anything being sent by standard post from the UK to here will take a solid week. Of course, at the moment everything is slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭LowOdour

This has probably been answered already but how do DPD charge the customer once its 3 free deliveries are done. Do they need to be paid the 3.85 delivery up front, will the package be kept in the depot until charge is paid or can one pay the driver once package is delivered. Have used up all my 3 free deliveries, and service has been good so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

LowOdour wrote: »
    This has probably been answered already but how do DPD charge the customer once its 3 free deliveries are done. Do they need to be paid the 3.85 delivery up front, will the package be kept in the depot until charge is paid or can one pay the driver once package is delivered. Have used up all my 3 free deliveries, and service has been good so far

Payment has to be upfront, They will send an email with a Paypal invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

"Read the thread. This had all been discussed." - 80 pages, 1200 replays? Reading it will make me Christmas sorted ;-)

All the questions are asked every single page. The important parts should really be put In the OP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

So I wanted to add the virtual address to a website but it only allows 2 address lines, so I just double up and it should be fine like this?

Address Line 1: PW000000, DPD Parcel Wizard
    Address Line 2: Units 3 & 5 Trench Park, Trench Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Quick one but are the depots open for collecting on Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Inbox wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Times
    Inbox wrote: »

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Bought something from Amazon France, due last Wednesday but was only delivered on Friday and has yet to show up on ParcelWizard, does it usually take a few days for it to show up or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

Can't login to the website atm :(

What is the usual wait time? This is my first time using Parcel Wizard. I had a package get sent out on Monday 7th from Amazon. I checked Parcel Wizard on Friday and there was no record of it.

Probably just being a bit of a nervous nelly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Cavey wrote: »

What is the usual wait time? This is my first time using Parcel Wizard. I had a package get sent out on Monday 7th from Amazon. I checked Parcel Wizard on Friday and there was no record of it.

I had a package listed dispatched last week on the summary page but when you click tracking it was awaiting dispatch. Then when I contacted support they said it was at order preparation. Might be worth checking with Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭katieboo

Cavey wrote: »

I can't log in either, been trying for the last 10 minutes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Used them once, never again even if for free.

Received the mail and text confirmation for delivery 2 weeks ago on a Thursday saying delivery will be on Friday and should wait for another text next day with the approximate time of delivery. Needless to say it didn't arrive on Friday. I sent them an email over the week-end, no answer until Thursday when the packet was finally delivered. Lucky there was someone home to accept it, otherwise I would've had to pick it up from their depot which as it happens, is on the other side of the city, forcing me to pay the toll on M50.

Think I'll stick with ParcelMotel for peace of mind.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Niemoj wrote: »
    Bought something from Amazon France, due last Wednesday but was only delivered on Friday and has yet to show up on ParcelWizard, does it usually take a few days for it to show up or what?

Hi,
    Your deliveries will only show upon your PW account once they have been received into our depot and processed. Once it arrives and is processed you will receive an email to your registered email address informing you of this and you will then be able to track it on line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Hi,
    Your deliveries will only show upon your PW account once they have been received into our depot and processed. Once it arrives and is processed you will receive an email to your registered email address informing you of this and you will then be able to track it on line.

Hi Liam,

What are the processing times like once a parcel arrives? Like others I am awaiting parcels to show up on my account. If I had used any other service I'm quite certain the parcels would be in my hands already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Anyone have a number for parcel wizard? None on the site , only an email address but need to contact them asap.

Topped up 3 deliveries in advance on Saturday, just got a text to say I need to topup for a delivery they just received.

Have the PayPal record that I topped up, weirdly can't find anywhere within parcel wizard that confirms your account balance.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

traprunner wrote: »
    Hi Liam,

What are the processing times like once a parcel arrives? Like others I am awaiting parcels to show up on my account. If I had used any other service I'm quite certain the parcels would be in my hands already.

As soon as the parcel is received by us it receives a new bar code number for our system and is matched to your PW account via the PW number which is displayed on the parcel. As soon as this happens it automatically pushes out the email to the registered user.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Same issue here. Amazon seller used a uk courier service which says it was delivered to the DPD depot in the North on Saturday. No sign of it showing up on PW yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭maik3n

Is there a code or special section that we have to go through to obtain these 3 free deliveries?

I signed up with parcelwizard last week, ordered from amazon and my package has arrived in the DPD depot. (Notification by text and email)
    THEY are now asking for payment though, to send it out to my home address?

I didn't purchase anything big or too oversized so I don't see why I would be charged? Colour me confused :confused::confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Looks like the service has been a success, DPD doubling the size of it's sorting office and hiring 70 new people:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1214/753329-jobs/

Good job guys.

But it does look like you have a few things to sort out with this new service, I'm not sure I would have launched it a month before Christmas!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Hi Liam or Ciara, I got my first delivery on Tuesday no problems, so I was fairly relaxed about the second one but I tracked my package on the RM site and it says you received it last Monday there is no account of this under my deliveries on your site, Is this normal? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Still waiting on a response to this also emailed but got no reply either

Advertisement