Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

crazygeryy wrote: »
    How do i top up?i have a parcel being held due to lack of payment

Hi Gerry

link and at the bottom of the page you will see your payment options.

Regards

Ciara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Good Morning Niemoj

Can you PM me your Parcel Wizard ID and I will give you an update on this parcels status.

Regards

Ciara

Pm'd.

Thanks.

5star02707 wrote: »
    Does the offer still stand on the 31st of December or only until the 30th?

Its valid until the 31st December 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Parcel arrived in Antrim on Friday, in my house today in the correct timeframe. Driver was lovely and great service, will definitely be using again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Niemoj wrote: »
    Mine says this:

12/14/15 1:05 PM ANTRIM SOUTHNONDPD VA Gateway
    12/14/15 1:06 PM HEAD OFFICE Data Received
    12/14/15 10:34 PM HEAD OFFICE Received into HUB

Very confusing, here's hoping it arrives today as it'll be a week tomorrow since it was meant to be delivered via Amazon.
    upon replying with same message got sms hour later with 1h gap for delivery,which just came in-fast and easy,have few more coming so if no other issues cant complain about using this service longterm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Hi Ciara,
    just a suggestion... you should make it clearer where people have to top up. It's not intuitive at all that it would be in "my Virtual Address", you'd expect to find your - ehm - virtual address on that page. Putting in My Account where one would expect to see one's balance as well (where do you check your balance by the way??) would make more sense...
    It took me quite a while to find it and I'm not really internet illiterate
    Just a suggestion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Hi Gerry

link and at the bottom of the page you will see your payment options.

Regards

Ciara

Id be old and grey before i found that ciara.its well hidden.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Id be old and grey before i found that ciara.its well hidden.

I know, its been commented on by lots of people so I have passed all these observations through to our development team so don't be surprised if you see it moved to a more prominent spot very soon:)

Regards

Ciara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Worked out well in the end. 2 items appeared on the website yesterday afternoon and both delivered on time today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

Story buds and budettes.

With Amazon UK via DPD:
    • Ordered placed on Amazon UK on Wednesday, 9th December using DPD Wizard address.
    • Dispatched on Friday, 11th December.
    • Delivered to DPD in Newtownabbey on Saturday 12th December.
    • Sent to DPD HQ in Athlone on Monday 14th December.
    • Delivered to me on 15th December.

With Amazon UK Direct:
    • Ordered placed on Amazon UK on 8th December to be delivered to me in Ireland.
    • Dispatched Saturday 12th December.
    • Arrived 15th December.

Conclusion
    In this case, DPD wizard via the north (using free delivery on amazon on both orders) was a day quicker than if i were to have Amazon deliver to my address in the Republic directly. It means that not only is DPD potentially cheaper for deliveries from Amazon, but it's quicker too, plus it gives you that UK address which some sellers will only ship to.

I can only conclude that this is a useful service. On the downside, as others have mentioned, it's quite possible DPD open parcels. Mine had a DPD security check sticker on it and looked as if someone had peeked inside it (but not opened it completely).

• Advertisement

If i get something delivered to your company how long sould it take then for yous to ship it to me?

Hi Patrick

If we receive a parcel into our Virtual depot, we deliver to you the very next day. There have been a few delays lately due to the time of year and record numbers of parcels going through our system, but in general its next day:)

Regards

Ciara.

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Hi Ciara,
    just a suggestion... you should make it clearer where people have to top up. It's not intuitive at all that it would be in "my Virtual Address", you'd expect to find your - ehm - virtual address on that page. Putting in My Account where one would expect to see one's balance as well (where do you check your balance by the way??) would make more sense...
    It took me quite a while to find it and I'm not really internet illiterate
    Just a suggestion

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know your observations, its great to get the feedback. All of these are being sent to our development team so you may see some of your suggestions put into practice very soon:)

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

My 3rd free delivery of an oversized item went successful today.

I received a text minutes before the delivery (im less than 1 minute away from the depot)

However this time round, i never got an email to say that dpd had received my item in Dublin, I even checked my junk mail to be sure.

It would be great to see the email issue cleared up for people.

Other than that, I'm delighted with the service and will use it again. :)

Story buds and budettes.

With Amazon UK via DPD:
    • Ordered placed on Amazon UK on Wednesday, 9th December using DPD Wizard address.
    • Dispatched on Friday, 11th December.
    • Delivered to DPD in Newtownabbey on Saturday 12th December.
    • Sent to DPD HQ in Athlone on Monday 14th December.
    • Delivered to me on 15th December.

With Amazon UK Direct:
    • Ordered placed on Amazon UK on 8th December to be delivered to me in Ireland.
    • Dispatched Saturday 12th December.
    • Arrived 15th December.

Conclusion
    In this case, DPD wizard via the north (using free delivery on amazon on both orders) was a day quicker than if i were to have Amazon deliver to my address in the Republic directly. It means that not only is DPD potentially cheaper for deliveries from Amazon, but it's quicker too, plus it gives you that UK address which some sellers will only ship to.

I can only conclude that this is a useful service. On the downside, as others have mentioned, it's quite possible DPD open parcels. Mine had a DPD security check sticker on it and looked as if someone had peeked inside it (but not opened it completely).

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like the service :) Just to clarify the issue about opened parcels, we don't open any parcels but if one arrives to us with the packaging burst or torn its examined by a specially authorized person and if deemed fit to travel, some tape is put on it to make it secure for the rest of the journey. If it is deemed damaged or items missing it is held and a damaged report written up on it and the sender/receiver made aware. We take security very seriously and do everything in our power to keep your parcels safe while they are in our hands.

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I wonder do you have any parcels on hold at the moment which you cannot identify for some reason? (Specifically thinking about the Royal Mail ones.) Are you getting deliveries from them? Because I've ordered something from Gamestop, even selecting An Post, the delivery will be by DPD tomorrow which is normal. This one showing on my account. I've been waiting on a RM package from UK posted on the 1st, no one knows where it is. I'm not blaming you just have no idea where it could be. It's frustrating because it's a keyboard with special connection, it's no use for someone bar me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Didn't get a text or email about a parcel delivered from Amazon to PW yesterday, luckily I happened to check and saw that DPD had it before they attempted delivery and rescheduled to be delivered to work tomorrow as I wasn't at home today.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

padyjoe wrote: »
    I wonder do you have any parcels on hold at the moment which you cannot identify for some reason? (Specifically thinking about the Royal Mail ones.) Are you getting deliveries from them? Because I've ordered something from Gamestop, even selecting An Post, the delivery will be by DPD tomorrow which is normal. This one showing on my account. I've been waiting on a RM package from UK posted on the 1st, no one knows where it is. I'm not blaming you just have no idea where it could be. It's frustrating because it's a keyboard with special connection, it's no use for someone bar me.

Hi Padyjoe,
    Could you PM me with your PW ID number for me to take a look for any parcels for you.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

TheChizler wrote: »
    Didn't get a text or email about a parcel delivered from Amazon to PW yesterday, luckily I happened to check and saw that DPD had it before they attempted delivery and rescheduled to be delivered to work tomorrow as I wasn't at home today.

Hi TheChizler,
    Apologies for that. You should have received an email when the parcel was received and processed. I will pass these details on to our IT depot to check why this did not happen. Could you PM me with the tracking number for the parcel please.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

I didn't get any text or email yesterday to say they would be attempting delivery today.

Got notification at just before midday today that they would be delivering today between 2-3. Luckily there was someone at home all day and i told them to expect the delivery.

Heard nothing, and then got notification after 6 saying "Today we tried to deliver to you your order from DPD PARCEL WIZARD but nobody was at home." There was no delivery attempted. Very disappointing service. FYI this is my second delivery with PW, and my first delivery was also outside of the allotted hour, but at least it was the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Sorry if this has been asked before but - I've just had an Amazon Prime order ship and it's estimated delivery date is Monday the 21st, is this too late for delivery in Galway by DPD on the 22nd? Couldn't find any Christmas delivery dates on the PW site when I tried yesterday.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wouldnt worry about Amazon estimates. Ive a delivery due tomorrow that came last week. All their estimates seem to have a big buffer zone attached since their recent system changes . Chances are it will be with DPD sooner than the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Hi TheChizler,
    Apologies for that. You should have received an email when the parcel was received and processed. I will pass these details on to our IT depot to check why this did not happen. Could you PM me with the tracking number for the parcel please.

No problem, will do! I changed the delivery address and date to work tomorrow, but got a text later saying they'd deliver to work today, then got a text after the time slot saying there was an attempted delivery to work (probably not as there's a full time receptionist!). I'm guessing there was actually an attempted delivery to my home instead as there was a 'sorry we missed you' slip in the hall when I got home.

So there seems to be some problem with syncing databases or querying the correct one.

Just wondering will I have to collect from the depot now like the slip suggests, or will they deliver to work tomorrow as the website says?

Edit: Just checked and there are emails saying they would deliver to work and that there was a failed delivery to work as well. Seems like the scheduled delivery point is going into texts/emails and not the actual one.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Sorry if this has been asked before but - I've just had an Amazon Prime order ship and it's estimated delivery date is Monday the 21st, is this too late for delivery in Galway by DPD on the 22nd? Couldn't find any Christmas delivery dates on the PW site when I tried yesterday.

Cheers.

DPD delivering right up to Christmas eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    DPD delivering right up to Christmas eve.

They will deliver until 0500 PM on Thursday 24th December according:

http://dpd.ie/About-DPD/The-Company/Key-Closure-Dates/Republic-of-Ireland-Closure-Dates

If you don't have it by than, it's looking like Wednesday 30th December is the next delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

How long from receiving the parcel in the UK are they delivering to Dublin - is it 'normal' ~2days or have the Christmas delays started?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

All went well with 1st delivery, arrived on time. Email and SMS updates worked fine. Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Two deliveries today. Great service. Well done lads and well done OP for notifying us

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Had a problem with a delivery today.

Said a certain time in the afternoon for the hour, someone was at the house until 90 minutes after the hour had passed.

Get a text later on then saying the delivery had been unsuccessful because nobody was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

ordering a pair of size 7 ladies boots for herself..Off hand does anyone know if the dimension limit would be okay for something like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Received two deliveries today - both well communicated in terms of emails, texts.

Flawless service so far. :)

Advertisement