Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

If your parcel is being held due to lack of payment and then you pay.will it be sent on automaticly?or do i have to notify dpd?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Whats the story with parcels having a delivery date of yesterday and today but tracking says they are still in Antrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭maik3n

crazygeryy wrote: »
    If your parcel is being held due to lack of payment and then you pay.will it be sent on automatically? or do i have to notify dpd?
    I had the same issue myself. Topped up my account and things went through automatically from there. No need to inform dpd. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

First 2 deliveries were great,was informed (email and text), 3rd delivery is already delayed, was supposed to delivered yesterday but got email that will be delivered tomorrow, now checking online and it says Goods held, held in depot, it is not payment issue as this is my 3rd delivery.

Can DPD reps look into this, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

TheChizler wrote: »
    No problem, will do! I changed the delivery address and date to work tomorrow, but got a text later saying they'd deliver to work today, then got a text after the time slot saying there was an attempted delivery to work (probably not as there's a full time receptionist!). I'm guessing there was actually an attempted delivery to my home instead as there was a 'sorry we missed you' slip in the hall when I got home.

So there seems to be some problem with syncing databases or querying the correct one.

Just wondering will I have to collect from the depot now like the slip suggests, or will they deliver to work tomorrow as the website says?

Edit: Just checked and there are emails saying they would deliver to work and that there was a failed delivery to work as well. Seems like the scheduled delivery point is going into texts/emails and not the actual one.

Just to follow up on this, my detailed tracking was as follows:

Date Time Location Status
    12/14/15 3:07 PM ANTRIM SOUTH NONDPD VA Gateway
    12/14/15 3:08 PM HEAD OFFICE Data Received
    12/14/15 11:56 PM HEAD OFFICE Received Into HUB
    12/15/15 2:41 AM HEAD OFFICE Received Into HUB
    12/15/15 11:57 AM WEB Customer Rearrange Delivery Details
    12/15/15 1:23 PM CORK Out For Delivery
    12/15/15 1:37 PM HEAD OFFICE Email Notification Sent
    12/15/15 1:38 PM HEAD OFFICE Sms: 3538******** - OFD-Interactive
    12/15/15 1:49 PM HEAD OFFICE Email Notification Sent
    12/15/15 3:17 PM CORK Carded
    12/15/15 4:29 PM CORK Returned To Depot
    12/15/15 5:33 PM HEAD OFFICE Sms: 3538******** - Carded
    12/15/15 6:30 PM HEAD OFFICE Email Notification Sent
    12/16/15 6:14 AM CORK Goods Held

I rearranged the delivery details to go to work before the package went out for delivery, but the attempted delivery was at home while the notifications mentioned work.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

crazygeryy wrote: »
    If your parcel is being held due to lack of payment and then you pay.will it be sent on automaticly?or do i have to notify dpd?

Hi crazygeryy,

Yes. Once payment has been received the parcel will be released through the delivery system automatically.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Whats the story with parcels having a delivery date of yesterday and today but tracking says they are still in Antrim?

Hi TheDriver,

Can you let me have your PW ID number or the tracking details by PM for us to take a look at the details for you.

TheHopeful wrote: »
    I didn't get any text or email yesterday to say they would be attempting delivery today.

Got notification at just before midday today that they would be delivering today between 2-3. Luckily there was someone at home all day and i told them to expect the delivery.

Heard nothing, and then got notification after 6 saying "Today we tried to deliver to you your order from DPD PARCEL WIZARD but nobody was at home." There was no delivery attempted. Very disappointing service. FYI this is my second delivery with PW, and my first delivery was also outside of the allotted hour, but at least it was the same day.

Hi TheHopeful,
    Can you please PM me your PW ID or tracking number so I can take a look at the details for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Just wondering, Amazon say they will ship on 22 December. No chance of having that for Christmas I'd say is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Thanks for the PM Liam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Been trying for two days to change the delivery address for a package and I've just received a text saying it will be delivered between 12.05 and 1.05 at my home address which is empty. Rang the helpline and was put into a dead end...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Just received my first delivery, happy to report no issues whatsoever. Nice alternative to Parcel Motel, will definitely use this again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Liam, I pm'd you. Please get back to me today ASAP.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Liam, I pm'd you. Please get back to me today ASAP.

Hi techmaster,

Have tried to reply to your PM but I am informed that your INBOX cannot accept any more message till you clear some of the old one out.

sweetie wrote: »
    Been trying for two days to change the delivery address for a package and I've just received a text saying it will be delivered between 12.05 and 1.05 at my home address which is empty. Rang the helpline and was put into a dead end...

Hi,
    Can you PM with your PW ID or tracking number so I can take a look at the details please.

Just received my third free delivery there.

Overall, the service will be very good for a lot of people, it's just not for me. I think when everything 'goes to schedule', the service is still a day slower than Parcel Motel (I would usually get things arriving in my Parcel Motel in the evening), and I usually use this type of service for the faster deliveries.

I'm also a person that doesn't work a 9-5 job, or have a set schedule, so I have to arrange things to be at home for delivery. It didn't help that 2 of my 3 deliveries were pushed back a day, after I had already rearranged my days to be home for the original delivery date.

I'm sure in the New Year, a lot of the initial issues will be ironed out. I'll try it again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

There seems to have been some confusion with two deliveries I am due through dpd.

The first one is direct from Germany who happen to use dpd.. Was ordered
    To be delivered direct to my house NOT through parcel wizard

The second one hasn't appeared in my deliveries yet despite being posted in Northern Ireland on Thursday ..

The first one was delivered today and all
    The details were logged in my parcel wizard account, despite not going through them, But I wasn't charged and have had my three free ones. Have not had a good experience at all with this, first one was fine ,
    Second two I asked to be able to collect and I went up two days in a row and spent over half an hour in tne depot while they looked .
    Had small children in tow so not impressed . They were apologetic but said people kept moving things around and not putting them back ?!!

I used to have my own business and used dpd several
    Times and they were always great but this is obviously just teething problems. The delivery today was meant to be out to me yesterday but never arrived ,
    I was texted yesterday
    To say it was on way but never
    Got a time slot so I had a feeling it wouldn't be out, today I got a time slot and arrived on time. Like the previous poster my job doesn't allow me to schedule to be here at exact
    Times and often it's too short notice to get back from wherever
    I am , for that reason I think parcel motel is better for me as I can pick up at my convenience . Thought it would be simple to collect from depot but obviously not !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

murphf wrote: »
    The details were logged in my parcel wizard account, despite not going through them, But I wasn't charged and have had my three free ones. Have not had a good experience at all with this, first one was fine ,

All DPD parcels to you appear in parcel wizard its always been that way as thats what it was originally built for; to allow you to manage your deliveries, the virtual address is an add on to parcel wizard.

murphf wrote: »
    There seems to have been some confusion with two deliveries I am due through dpd.

The first one is direct from Germany who happen to use dpd.. Was ordered
    To be delivered direct to my house NOT through parcel wizard

The second one hasn't appeared in my deliveries yet despite being posted in Northern Ireland on Thursday ..

The first one was delivered today and all
    Second two I asked to be able to collect and I went up two days in a row and spent over half an hour in tne depot while they looked .
    Had small children in tow so not impressed . They were apologetic but said people kept moving things around and not putting them back ?!!

I used to have my own business and used dpd several
    Times and they were always great but this is obviously just teething problems. The delivery today was meant to be out to me yesterday but never arrived ,
    I was texted yesterday
    To say it was on way but never
    Got a time slot so I had a feeling it wouldn't be out, today I got a time slot and arrived on time. Like the previous poster my job doesn't allow me to schedule to be here at exact
    Times and often it's too short notice to get back from wherever
    I am , for that reason I think parcel motel is better for me as I can pick up at my convenience . Thought it would be simple to collect from depot but obviously not !

Hi murphf,

Can you let me have your PW ID by PM so I can take a look at the details and forward to management to discuss with the delivery depot involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I just wanted to say I had a great experience with PW. I'll definitely be using it again. I made an order 12 Saturday night and receieved it today inside the hour window that PW predicted. It's a brilliant service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I am not sure if it has been mentioned by others, but Amazon refused to deliver to Parcel Wizard for me last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Order is currently out for delivery today between 2:02pm (ie now) and 3:02pm, was eagerly following the tracking on the van on the little map they've on the site, started coming towards my house, Yay I thought! Until it started driving away and now it's in the next county over...:confused:

Niemoj wrote: »
    Order is currently out for delivery today between 2:02pm (ie now) and 3:02pm, was eagerly following the tracking on the van on the little map they've on the site, started coming towards my house, Yay I thought! Until it started driving away and now it's in the next county over...:confused:

I had a similar (yet almost opposite) experience today. Decided to track my order, map showed the van was in my estate! Looked out the front window, and there it was :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Niemoj wrote: »

Edit: It came a few minutes later! Have another two things from Amazon showing up with estimated delivery as tomorrow so barring the week wait time with the first delivery so far so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

This is a great service, and I've signed up, but the website is shocking, have a voicemail from a DPD courier saying I'm not at home (which I'm not) so I wanted to log on to see where the address for collection was. Doesn't recognise my account or password that I used and trying to reset my password also doesn't work.

The website is too complicated and broken, it should start off being simple and functional and then gradually add features.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kalyke wrote: »
    I am not sure if it has been mentioned by others, but Amazon refused to deliver to Parcel Wizard for me last week.

If it was before you placed your order and comoleted checkout then its likely because its a liquid, watch due to battery or perfume . They're mostly what Amazon can't send by airmail.

Kalyke wrote: »

Hi Kalyke,

Did they give you a reason for that? We receive hundreds of parcels from Amazon on a daily basis.

ImThatGuy wrote: »
    This is a great service, and I've signed up, but the website is shocking, have a voicemail from a DPD courier saying I'm not at home (which I'm not) so I wanted to log on to see where the address for collection was. Doesn't recognise my account or password that I used and trying to reset my password also doesn't work.

The website is too complicated and broken, it should start off being simple and functional and then gradually add features.

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear that. Were you able to login since then? Could you send us your details to have a look on the background and see what went wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

My phantom parcel turned up and was delivered today. I only have Amazon to thank for it, an example of how customer service should be.

• Advertisement

Looking for a job?

DPD Ireland is to create 200 jobs, as part of a €13 million expansion plan! The positions include sorting technicians, drivers, administrative staff and will be located at the company's headquarters in Athlone and throughout the country. Send us your CV at careers@dpd.ie

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/dpd-ireland-to-create-200-jobs-in-13m-expansion-1.2465261

Advertisement