Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭konline

Hi DPD Ireland,
    I have two questions.
    I am expecting a parcel this week, according to Amazon the items were dispatched on 10th of Dec from UK and arriving latest by today. I haven't heard anything so far.
    Where to check the balance in my ParcelWizard account? I have topped up for 3 deliveries but I cannot find the details anywhere on your website.

Can you please check? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Hi Kalyke,

Did they give you a reason for that? We receive hundreds of parcels from Amazon on a daily basis.
    It just said it was not possible to deliver to that address. It was an Android TV box and delivery to Parcel motel was accepted. I have already had one successful delivery from the UK, not an electronic item though.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

konline wrote: »
    Hi DPD Ireland,
    I have two questions.
    I am expecting a parcel this week, according to Amazon the items were dispatched on 10th of Dec from UK and arriving latest by today. I haven't heard anything so far.
    Where to check the balance in my ParcelWizard account? I have topped up for 3 deliveries but I cannot find the details anywhere on your website.

Can you please check? Thank you.

Hi there,

Our IT guys are currently working on our website and you should be able to check you balance early in the new year. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

As for the parcel that you're waiting for please send us your PWID to have a look on our system.

Kalyke wrote: »
    It just said it was not possible to deliver to that address. It was an Android TV box and delivery to Parcel motel was accepted. I have already had one successful delivery from the UK, not an electronic item though.

Could you send us the seller's details to follow up?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭konline

Hi there,

Our IT guys are currently working on our website and you should be able to check you balance early in the new year. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

As for the parcel that you're waiting for please send us your PWID to have a look on our system.

Thanks for your quick reply. I have sent a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Could you send us the seller's details to follow up?
    Just spotted the (MY ) mistake. My address for PW ends with Republic of Ireland. Problem solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

Got my final free delivery today and must say all deliveries arrived with no hassle. Will definitely use it over Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

In their infinite wisdom, Amazon decided to split my order into four deliveries, even though they only arrive on two different days. Just wondering how this works with DPD? Will DPD batch them into two deliveries (one delivery for each day) and charge me for two deliveries or do I need to purchase an extra delivery credit to cover this?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

In regards to sending stuff to dpd cN i just send 3 things and theyll send it on or do i need to avvail of these 3 free deliverys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

daveyjoe wrote: »
    In their infinite wisdom, Amazon decided to split my order into four deliveries, even though they only arrive on two different days. Just wondering how this works with DPD? Will DPD batch them into two deliveries (one delivery for each day) and charge me for two deliveries or do I need to purchase an extra delivery credit to cover this?

It will be four different deliveries I'm sure, as it would with ParcelMotel. It has been fairly well documented that Amazon do this so it's best to avoid PW/PM in this case. Amazon deliver the majority of goods to Ireland, free if you spend enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

First time using PW and got a text to say the delivery would be here between 12.38 and 1.38. Arrived at 12.35 - very impressed. Got another one coming tomorrow so hope that's just as efficient. Certainly give Parcel Motel a run for their money :)

It will be four different deliveries I'm sure, as it would with ParcelMotel. It has been fairly well documented that Amazon do this so it's best to avoid PW/PM in this case. Amazon deliver the majority of goods to Ireland, free if you spend enough.
    Yup, I know this but I wanted the items before Christmas and I figured delivery would be a bit faster through parcel wizard with Amazon Prime's free one day delivery to the UK. I figured that I get 3 deliveries for free and I only ordered 6 items (all prime) so I thought it would be worth giving Parcel Wizard a try for free. Didn't realise that they would split it into *4* separate shipments.

Ah well, what do I do now? Should I put some credit in my Parcel Wizard now or will I get notified when it arrives that I need to buy credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CADDmaster

Could somebody please tell me, does it matter what UK courier company deliver to my Parcel Wizard virtual UK address?

Jesus, checked my order status again, Amazon has just split my order into 6 individual deliveries. WTF Amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Amazon has 7 fulfillment centres in the UK, not everyone has everything in stock in the one place it will have to send multiple parcels. I recently got an order and three parcels were sent, one from Cardiff, one from Dunfermline and one from Gourock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

ordered two items through parcel wizard, both got delivered on time and no hassle with different addresses, well worth checking out, thanks OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

ok so i ordered 2 firesticks off amazon about 3 weeks ago, was told when there was no sign of my parcel that there had been a mixup and it was sent somewhere else and it was amazons problem, went to amazon ordered a replacement and the same thing happened again. Asked for a third replacement and got it sent through parcel motel, but now the parcel wizard ones are coming through, no warning until this morning they deliver both packages a couple of weeks after they were supposed to be delivered, I'm going to be out of pocket having to return these extra firesticks that I thought were gone missing, will not be using Parcel Wizard again after this thats for sure.

Does anyone know could I keep the firesticks and pay amazon the price they were on for at sale? I'd probably be able to find someone to take them off me and get most of my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Jesus, checked my order status again, Amazon has just split my order into 6 individual deliveries. WTF Amazon!

Did you tick "group my items into one delivery" or did you allow Amazon to send them when available.

Happened to me with games recently from different fulfillment centres even though I requested one delivery. If that's your case then get Amazon to cover the cost of parcel wizard.

Could take 5-10mins by chat but chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

2 previous deliveries and 2 this week from Amazon - all delivered without any probs. Yes there was an extra day turnaround from delivery to PW and on to me but it's Christmas next week so that was expected. I really think the depot dictates the service people are getting here as somebody suggested a few pages back - DPD Rosemount Depot = legends!! :D

I'm really sorry about that. I'm afraid that our sortation HUB in the North is automated and we won't be able to consolidated your parcels under one consignment. If you need to top up, we'll send you a relevant notification once we receive them.

• Advertisement

In regards to sending stuff to dpd cN i just send 3 things and theyll send it on or do i need to avvail of these 3 free deliverys

Hi Patrick,

Our 3 Free deliveries offer refers to our new UK Virtual Address service > https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/uk-virtual-address

CADDmaster wrote: »
    Could somebody please tell me, does it matter what UK courier company deliver to my Parcel Wizard virtual UK address?

Nope, that makes no difference at all. :)

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    ok so i ordered 2 firesticks off amazon about 3 weeks ago, was told when there was no sign of my parcel that there had been a mixup and it was sent somewhere else and it was amazons problem, went to amazon ordered a replacement and the same thing happened again. Asked for a third replacement and got it sent through parcel motel, but now the parcel wizard ones are coming through, no warning until this morning they deliver both packages a couple of weeks after they were supposed to be delivered, I'm going to be out of pocket having to return these extra firesticks that I thought were gone missing, will not be using Parcel Wizard again after this thats for sure.

Does anyone know could I keep the firesticks and pay amazon the price they were on for at sale? I'd probably be able to find someone to take them off me and get most of my money back.

Hi there,

We received a backlogged freight from Royal Mail earlier this week dating back from December 2nd. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, but we had no previous knowledge of that.

tk123 wrote: »
    2 previous deliveries and 2 this week from Amazon - all delivered without any probs. Yes there was an extra day turnaround from delivery to PW and on to me but it's Christmas next week so that was expected. I really think the depot dictates the service people are getting here as somebody suggested a few pages back - DPD Rosemount Depot = legends!! :D

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind words. We'll forward your message to your local depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Got two packages, one for three cookbooks and one for a coffee machine and both arrived in good time and courier was great and got to the office no problem!

Thanks for that, will definitely be recommending you guys and using your services again!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GaffCCFC

Shocking service.

Ordered a pair of headphones last week for my girlfriends birthday tomorrow. They arrived in their Northern Ireland depot on Monday.

No sign of them Tuesday, so emailed them in the evening. Was told my parcel was received and would be out for delivery in the morning (Wednesday). No sign of the parcel by late afternoon. Emailed them and they respond telling me that the parcel is in the local depot (Cork) and they do not know why it wasn't loaded for delivery but that it will defo be with me today.

Rang the Cork depot awhile ago with the tracking number I was given from Parcel Wizard customer support. They tell me that the package is on the missing list, they do not have it and that some person from Athlone office has been onto them about the package and they have no idea where it is either.

Nice one lads, top notch.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The reason that Amazon splits deliveries is not because of some bad idea for the environment or anything like it, it is so that you get your parcels as quickly as possible.

Amazon UK is run out of eight fulfilment centres in the UK, if they can send everything from one place in the same package they will always do so if in stock.

However sometimes one fulfilment centre does not have all items so they try and send as much as they can from one centre and the balance from those which do have stock.

The other alternative is for Amazon to wait for all the items to arrive at the same fulfilment centre and then send them all out in one package, but this would take much longer.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

GaffCCFC wrote: »
    Shocking service.

Ordered a pair of headphones last week for my girlfriends birthday tomorrow. They arrived in their Northern Ireland depot on Monday.

No sign of them Tuesday, so emailed them in the evening. Was told my parcel was received and would be out for delivery in the morning (Wednesday). No sign of the parcel by late afternoon. Emailed them and they respond telling me that the parcel is in the local depot (Cork) and they do not know why it wasn't loaded for delivery but that it will defo be with me today.

Rang the Cork depot awhile ago with the tracking number I was given from Parcel Wizard customer support. They tell me that the package is on the missing list, they do not have it and that some person from Athlone office has been onto them about the package and they have no idea where it is either.

Hi GaffCCFC

Can you PM the tracking number of your delivery and I will have a look into this for you.

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

GaffCCFC wrote: »
    Shocking service.

Both of mine are in cork west and supposed to delivered two days ago but both are held in depot. Concerned they are now lost after hearing your story. PMd yesterday, prompt reply but no more news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 GaffCCFC

TheDriver wrote: »
    Both of mine are in cork west and supposed to delivered two days ago but both are held in depot. Concerned they are now lost after hearing your story. PMd yesterday, prompt reply but no more news!

Same with me.

They don't answer my emails and I had to actually call the Cork depot to get an update myself. Very poor service and very disappointed.

Advertisement