Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Mine was delivered by Amazon on 14th to NI

NO UPDATE FROM DPd

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

TheDriver wrote: »
    Both of mine are in cork west and supposed to delivered two days ago but both are held in depot. Concerned they are now lost after hearing your story. PMd yesterday, prompt reply but no more news!

Hi there,

Please PM us your tracking no/s to have a look.

GaffCCFC wrote: »
    Same with me.

They don't answer my emails and I had to actually call the Cork depot to get an update myself. Very poor service and very disappointed.

Hello,

We are experiencing a large volume of calls on a daily basis this week. Sorry for any inconvenience called. If you'd like us to have a look at your consignment, please PM us your tracking no and we'll follow up asap.

Gaygooner wrote: »
    Mine was delivered by Amazon on 14th to NI

NO UPDATE FROM DPd

Hello,

Could you please PM us your Parcel Wizard ID to have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GaffCCFC

Hello,

We are experiencing a large volume of calls on a daily basis this week. Sorry for any inconvenience called. If you'd like us to have a look at your consignment, please PM us your tracking no and we'll follow up asap.

Hi Liam,

I have already sent the details to Ciara but I will send them to you too.

I don't even know what your response means though, the fact you are experiencing a large volume of call is neither here nor there. Your staff, Nora and Geri, advised me ye had my package which I have now found out by calling your Cork depot, is not the case. Nothing to with high volume of calls, that is unrelated BS.

Looks to me like DPD can't handle the amount of demand for their service which to be honest is amateurish. Regretting the fact I have another, more valuable item, on its way to your depot in the North which I need for Christmas.

• Advertisement

GaffCCFC wrote: »
    Hi Liam,

I have already sent the details to Ciara but I will send them to you too.

I don't even know what your response means though, the fact you are experiencing a large volume of call is neither here nor there. Your staff, Nora and Geri, advised me ye had my package which I have now found out by calling your Cork depot, is not the case. Nothing to with high volume of calls, that is unrelated BS.

Looks to me like DPD can't handle the amount of demand for their service which to be honest is amateurish. Regretting the fact I have another, more valuable item, on its way to your depot in the North which I need for Christmas.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. This is a very busy period and we are trying to get through queries and deliveries as swiftly as possible. My response was to your message stating that no one is answering your emails. No need for foul language we are only here to help.

We are handling an average of half a million parcels per week since the end of November. We pride ourselves to be Ireland's leading courier company, but of course there will always be issues with a handful of consignments. This is why we are here - to help :)

I'll have a look at your PM and follow up asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

Hmm Amazon now won't let me order to my DPD address when they previously did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Yup, I know this but I wanted the items before Christmas and I figured delivery would be a bit faster through parcel wizard with Amazon Prime's free one day delivery to the UK. I figured that I get 3 deliveries for free and I only ordered 6 items (all prime) so I thought it would be worth giving Parcel Wizard a try for free. Didn't realise that they would split it into *4* separate shipments.

Ah well, what do I do now? Should I put some credit in my Parcel Wizard now or will I get notified when it arrives that I need to buy credit?

This is a PITA. I was in the same situation. You can specify you wanted super-saver grouped but when it comes to prime they do allow this!

Could you please PM us what you're trying to order to follow up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Just want to say that I've just received my 6th Parcel Wizard delivery with no dramas - bang on time, every time. Thanks. ;)

• Advertisement

Used the service worked great

1. As others on here got caught by Amazon splitting a load of small items into different consignments. (I know T&C clearly say there are treated as separate deliveries but it would be nice if parcelwizard could group the ones that arrive at the same time into one charge).

2. Absolutely bizarre design choice to put the credit top up at the end of the 'MY UK VIRTUAL ADDRESS' page. It should be under 'my account' or have its own button. Once you know where it is it is ok though.

wingnut wrote: »
    Used the service worked great

1. As others on here got caught by Amazon splitting a load of small items into different consignments. (I know T&C clearly say there are treated as separate deliveries but it would be nice if parcelwizard could group the ones that arrive at the same time into one charge).

2. Absolutely bizarre design choice to put the credit top up at the end of the 'MY UK VIRTUAL ADDRESS' page. It should be under 'my account' of have its own button. Once you know where it is it is ok though.

Thank you for your feedback wingnut! Big fan of your record pop up shops here :)

Check the seller is actually Amazon S.arl. Some sellers won't send to NI.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The reason that Amazon splits deliveries is not because of some bad idea for the environment or anything like it, it is so that you get your parcels as quickly as possible.

Amazon UK is run out of eight fulfilment centres in the UK, if they can send everything from one place in the same package they will always do so if in stock.

However sometimes one fulfilment centre does not have all items so they try and send as much as they can from one centre and the balance from those which do have stock.

The other alternative is for Amazon to wait for all the items to arrive at the same fulfilment centre and then send them all out in one package, but this would take much longer and would probably arrive after Christmas.

Thank you for your feedback wingnut! Big fan of your record pop up shops here :)

?? Think you have mistaken me for someone else?

devnull wrote: »
    The reason that Amazon splits deliveries is not because of some bad idea for the environment or anything like it, it is so that you get your parcels as quickly as possible.

Amazon UK is run out of eight fulfilment centres in the UK, if they can send everything from one place in the same package they will always do so if in stock.

However sometimes one fulfilment centre does not have all items so they try and send as much as they can from one centre and the balance from those which do have stock.

The other alternative is for Amazon to wait for all the items to arrive at the same fulfilment centre and then send them all out in one package, but this would take much longer and would probably arrive after Christmas.

I know the reasoning behind but I was faced with two choices on Amazon: 1. Supersaver delivery, where you can group all in one consignment but delivery window is anywhere from 24th Dec - 6 Jan VS Prime next day, but no option to group. I guess its kind of an anomaly that anyone would need to group a next day delivery so that is why Amazon do not provide the 'group items' preference on Prime.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I know the reasoning behind but I was faced with two choices on Amazon: 1. Supersaver delivery, where you can group all in one consignment but delivery window is anywhere from 24th Dec - 6 Jan VS Prime next day, but no option to group. I guess its kind of an anomaly that anyone would need to group a next day delivery so that is why Amazon do not provide the 'group items' preference on Prime.

Thing is, that like it or not the vast majority of people would prefer them to be separate and get them very quickly, than to get them altogether and have to wait a few days.

A tiny tiny tiny fraction of Amazon orders would be using Parcel Wizard or Parcel Motel, and they're not going to inconvenience 99% of them to please people who are using these services.

Amazon Supersaver as a product is basically everything from same depot when it is in stock, which obviously saves Amazon postage and packaging costs as they only send one box. That is why it takes so long and is cheaper.

The quick delivery generally is Royal Mail 48 hour service or a comparable courier product which is dispatched as soon as possible, if no depots have all the items, they'll go with the depot that has the most items, and the rest from other depots which have stock, with preference towards the depots that have the most stock to minimise packages.

Prime is basically the same as above, but using Royal Mail 24 or a comparable courtier service which has the same time deadlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

Could you please PM us what you're trying to order to follow up?
    Check the seller is actually Amazon S.arl. Some sellers won't send to NI.

Think it is because I had some bourbon whiskey in the order? I've ordered champagne + wine, but it seems like bourbon is not liked?

?? Think you have mistaken me for someone else?

Probably :Dhttps://wingnutrecords.wordpress.com/

Think it is because I had some bourbon whiskey in the order? I've ordered champagne + wine, but it seems like bourbon is not liked?

I'm afraid we are not authorised to ship liquids (spirits). For a full list of the goods not accepted for carriage please click on the link below.

http://dpd.ie/Shipping/Goods-not-accepted-for-Carriage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Hello, I have an order which should have been delivered to you on Monday. I haven't heard anything or received a notification, is there any chance you could check it out for me? The retailer has confirmed that it was posted from the UK on Friday and delivery should have only taken 1-2 working days.

Hello, I have an order which should have been delivered to you on Monday. I haven't heard anything or received a notification, is there any chance you could check it out for me? The retailer has confirmed that it was posted from the UK on Friday and delivery should have only taken 1-2 working days.

Hi charlietheminxx,
    Can you please PM me with your PW ID number so I can see if any parcels have arrived into our depot with your ID on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Hi TheChizler,
    Apologies for that. You should have received an email when the parcel was received and processed. I will pass these details on to our IT depot to check why this did not happen. Could you PM me with the tracking number for the parcel please.
    Parcel arrived to work fine today, thanks for sorting that Liam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Hi charlietheminxx,
    Can you please PM me with your PW ID number so I can see if any parcels have arrived into our depot with your ID on it.

PM sent, thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

CADDmaster wrote: »
    Could somebody please tell me, does it matter what UK courier company deliver to my Parcel Wizard virtual UK address?

No, could be standard mail or courier

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

"Holy split deliveries Batman!" - I ordered 8 items yesterday from Amazon, all from Amazon EU, and they went and split them into 6 deliveries!

(one of the items being sent on its own was £2, so that would have been £2 + €3.95)

Managed to cancel all but three of them tonight, 2 have already dispatched, so just one left to arrive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

It seems my first delivery was due to some teething issues because another 2 came two after being delivered on the 15th with no issues.

The only irk I have is that Amazon split the order into two, everything bar one tiny tiny order going into one box and as such it was marked as two parcels by DPD but then when I received it the driver had slipped the smaller parcel into the larger one so it wouldn't get lost.

Not too bad for free at all! However, (same with ParcelMotel) I wish you could consolidate multiple parcels into the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Sonya4u

I ordered with Parcel Wizard last week. Happy enough with service, delivered straight to the door. Only thing I was a little disappointed with was that I didn't get email/text to say had been received at parcel wizard virtual address, or that it was in transit, only got a text on the morning of delivery giving a time range that it would be delivered.
    But definitely saved me some money compared to posting to Ireland, will use again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hi DPD,

Your website says you are open Saturday in Newtownabbey. I've something moving 1st class today from the UK so may arrive tomorrow.

Does it really matter if it arrives Saturday or Monday though? Would it still, have a normal service, expectation of a Tuesday "Out for Delivery"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I got my 3 free deliveries on time, no hassle whatsoever, courier rang me for directions and left packages into my neighbour when no-one was at home. Great service, will definitely use again :).

Advertisement