Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Berty wrote: »
    Hi DPD,

Your website says you are open Saturday in Newtownabbey. I've something moving 1st class today from the UK so may arrive tomorrow.

Does it really matter if it arrives Saturday or Monday though? Would it still, have a normal service, expectation of a Tuesday "Out for Delivery"?

Good Morning Berty

You are correct, either Saturday or Monday arrival with us will have a Tuesday out for delivery date.

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

had the 3 free deliveries all went well but still prefer the convenience of parcel motel especially as my closest motel is across the road from my house, plus Saturday deliveries is a massive perk

CADDmaster wrote: »
    Could somebody please tell me, does it matter what UK courier company deliver to my Parcel Wizard virtual UK address?

Hi CADDmaster

We take deliveries from any courier into to our Virtual UK Address, process that day and deliver to you the next working day.

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

So yesterday I get a notification that my Parcel has arrived, but I'm not here for the next few days, so I rescheduled it for next Tue 22nd Dec. I even received the confirmation of such.

Then this morning I get a text & e-mail saying it's out for delivery today from 12pm...

And I'm still waiting on a reply to the e-mail I sent on NOVEMBER 9th. Not too happy with service. They seem to ignore my queries & requests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Ordered a couple of Christmas gifts for relations I'll be seeing at the weekend. 'Expected Delivery Date' today but DPD didn't bother loading it on the van, like so many others have experienced.

I KNEW, I JUST KNEW that I should have used ParcelMotel to get it to me on time. DPD have such a high failure rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

i find it great so far but i dont know how to top up my balance now, its very vague on the site

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    i find it great so far but i dont know how to top up my balance now, its very vague on the site

Yeah, the site is poor to navigate - tonnes of options, but very few are the ones that I want.

To top up, you have to go yo your Virtual UK address, and "buy" a delivery - or something like that.

Ordered a couple of Christmas gifts for relations I'll be seeing at the weekend. 'Expected Delivery Date' today but DPD didn't bother loading it on the van, like so many others have experienced.

I KNEW, I JUST KNEW that I should have used ParcelMotel to get it to me on time. DPD have such a high failure rate.

Hi there NeverWaining

Can you please send me your PW ID number and I will try to sort this out for you.

Regards

Ciara

gerfmurphy wrote: »

HI Germurphy

If you log into your Parcel Wizard account, click on "My UK Virtual Address" and scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see the payment options at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps :)

Ciara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Hi there NeverWaining

Can you please send me your PW ID number and I will try to sort this out for you.

Regards

Ciara

I've already talked to customer services who couldn't contact my depot because they "don't answer the phone but I can give you the number and you can keep trying yourself".

I did finally get through to the depot and the depot worker without customer service training confirmed that it indeed wasn't loaded into the van this morning (no reason given) but should be with me Monday. All going well I presume.

• Advertisement

I guess they just breezed over my issue & ignored it as usual. Everyone else got a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

No issue whatsoever with my 3 free deliveries and had my first paid one delivered yesterday too.

Very happy with the service so far and can see myself using it a lot!

Yeah, the site is poor to navigate - tonnes of options, but very few are the ones that I want.

To top up, you have to go yo your Virtual UK address, and "buy" a delivery - or something like that.

For example - I topped up my account yesterday - how do I find my current balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

"Your order has been sent to .....newtownabbey by Yodel"

/throws Laptop across room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Have used all 3 free deliveries and it went smoothly, 3rd one was delayed for 1 day but this is expected this time of the year.

Great service guys and will be using in future for sure, Have a great and well deserved break!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

jmorrisey wrote: »
    ordering a pair of size 7 ladies boots for herself..Off hand does anyone know if the dimension limit would be okay for something like this
    will be more then fine,just got couple air humidifiers that would be about 1.5l capacity and tops on them,thus box was about same or bigger size then they'd ship shoes in.

That said really happy with service,as had delivery due yesterday and got message they couldn't make it to some issues,and on the good side separate item that ive ordered came in yesterday,so got two sms messages this morning and guy was withing 2h range here,id know him from before as he was proper dpd eployee as dealt with him before wizard service,and two packages came in in original boxes,as mentioned one contained two quite large items in size and still in single box.

so 3 out 3 with no issues at all and day or two in-between getting it delivered once it lands into Antrim hub.

So yesterday I get a notification that my Parcel has arrived, but I'm not here for the next few days, so I rescheduled it for next Tue 22nd Dec. I even received the confirmation of such.

Then this morning I get a text & e-mail saying it's out for delivery today from 12pm...

And I'm still waiting on a reply to the e-mail I sent on NOVEMBER 9th. Not too happy with service. They seem to ignore my queries & requests.

Hi Kenny Banja

Really sorry if you feel as if your being ignored, we would never do that to anyone, just really busy in here at the moment. Can you please resend the email as I have tried to find it but cannot. If there is anything I can help you with just PM me the details.:)
    Regards

Ciara

deep1 wrote: »
    Have used all 3 free deliveries and it went smoothly, 3rd one was delayed for 1 day but this is expected this time of the year.

Great service guys and will be using in future for sure, Have a great and well deserved break!

Hi Deep1

Great to hear you like the service, thanks for the kind words and we will most certainly enjoy the break when it comes :) Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Just received my first Parcel Wizard delivery, there was a huge delay on the supplier end but it arrived in the Antrim Depot less than 24 hours ago and has just landed at my door.

Delighted with the service, can't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mmmull

Hey folks,
    First timer Parcel Wiz user here. Bit anxious because Xmas is just next week and we made a last minute gift order. I was wondering how long it will take until the parcel will be processed/delivered from the day of delivery to the UK Virtual Address?
    It was delivered by the UK courier to DPD Parcel Wizard in Newtownabbey this morning. Now I thought that they would scan it on arrival and it would pop up on the Parcel Wiz website, but it doesn't seem so. What's the usual runtime of a parcel from the arrival at the UK Virtual Address to delivery at my door?
    Thanks for all helpful replies and Happy Holidays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

deliver to you the next working day.

Unfortunately that's not the experience I am having. Held in Depot for a few days seems more the reality.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

As soon as the parcel is received by us it receives a new bar code number for our system and is matched to your PW account via the PW number which is displayed on the parcel. As soon as this happens it automatically pushes out the email to the registered user.

This has not happened for me on my two most recent deliveries. When my first parcel arrived in the NI depot I got an email and text notifying me within an hour of the parcel's arrival. With the latest two I have heard nothing until about an hour before the item is due for delivery. It does not leave much leeway for rescheduling.

I raised this point over a week ago. Liam asked me to PM him tracking details. I did but got no response.

Nothing has been changed in my account notification settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mmmull

I just checked, the delivery shows up on the website under Future Deliveries. I just haven't received any form of notification as well. So it seems to be on track, only the notifications seem to have a problem.

mmmull wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    First timer Parcel Wiz user here. Bit anxious because Xmas is just next week and we made a last minute gift order. I was wondering how long it will take until the parcel will be processed/delivered from the day of delivery to the UK Virtual Address?
    It was delivered by the UK courier to DPD Parcel Wizard in Newtownabbey this morning. Now I thought that they would scan it on arrival and it would pop up on the Parcel Wiz website, but it doesn't seem so. What's the usual runtime of a parcel from the arrival at the UK Virtual Address to delivery at my door?
    Thanks for all helpful replies and Happy Holidays!

Hi mmmull

We deliver the next working day, which in this case is Monday. You can PM me your PW ID number and I can confirm it has been processed for you.

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Focusdpc

Hi there, I'd be grateful if a DPD rep could enlighten me here. I got a text this morning from dpd parcel wizard to say they had a delivery received for me and I needed to make a payment.

I then logged into my parcel wizard account and made the payment via paypal. That was this morning and it doesn't say anything in my parcel wizard account that payment was received, to be honest it says nothing at all and the parcel status is still the same.

Should it say anywhere in my account that I have paid deliveries or should I just wait and see what happens in my account with the parcel status ect.. ?

Cheers

Focusdpc wrote: »
    Hi there, I'd be grateful if a DPD rep could enlighten me here. I got a text this morning from dpd parcel wizard to say they had a delivery received for me and I needed to make a payment.

I then logged into my parcel wizard account and made the payment via paypal. That was this morning and it doesn't say anything in my parcel wizard account that payment was received, to be honest it says nothing at all and the parcel status is still the same.

Should it say anywhere in my account that I have paid deliveries or should I just wait and see what happens in my account with the parcel status ect.. ?

Cheers

Hi Focusdpc

Can you please PM me your PW ID number and I will check this out for you.

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

So its now Friday evening, my packages have been "held in depot" in Cork West since Tues, I was promised they would be delivered today and yet no sign of anything. I am getting very very frustrated with this service, how hard is it to deliver a parcel to someone's workplace

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Focusdpc

Hi Focusdpc

Can you please PM me your PW ID number and I will check this out for you.

Regards

Ciara

PM sent, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

With the end of the year coming up whats the cut off for the free deliveries is it when they arrive in the depot in Antrim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

My first delivery came today, great service from start to finish.
    Item reached the depot on Wednesday, got delivered to me Friday morning.

Thank you DPD for the free trial, will for sure use again.

Advertisement