Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

My third package was beautifully delivered: courier at the door, asked me was my first name X, I said yes; asked me for my second name and checked it was correct on the package; got me to sign.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

TheDriver wrote: »
    Unfortunately that's not the experience I am having. Held in Depot for a few days seems more the reality.......

Hi there

Can you PM me the tracking number or your PW ID number and I will look into this delay for you.
    Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

One of my deliverys came friday could you check thr other 2 im sending you my PW ID now

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Focusdpc

Thanks for getting back to me Ciara, much appreciated!

So far 4 deliveries for me and all 100% spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Amazon seemed to have split my order to you guys into 3 deliveries, but I only have two free deliveries left.

Two of the deliveries seem to be arriving tomorrow and the other one Wednesday (talk about cutting it fine :/ ).

Do I need to pay for separately for two arriving tomorrow? (I completely understand If I do!) If so how do I pay for the third one?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Amazon seemed to have split my order to you guys into 3 deliveries, but I only have two free deliveries left.

Two of the deliveries seem to be arriving tomorrow and the other one Wednesday (talk about cutting it fine :/ ).

Do I need to pay for separately for two arriving tomorrow? (I completely understand If I do!) If so how do I pay for the third one?

Thanks

Hi witnessmenow,

If you log into your Parcel Wizard account and click the "My UK Virtual Address" icon you can scroll to the bottom of the page and you can purchase 1,3 or 5 extra trips here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Do I need to pay for separately for two arriving tomorrow?

Yep unfortunately. Even if they arrive at the same time, each separate Amazon delivery is a separate Parcel Wizard delivery.

I ordered several items that were supposed to be in 2 deliveries, but they split them up into 6 deliveries so I had to cancel a few of them!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yep unfortunately. Even if they arrive at the same time, each separate Amazon delivery is a separate Parcel Wizard delivery.

I ordered several items that were supposed to be in 2 deliveries, but they split them up into 6 deliveries so I had to cancel a few of them!

That's so you get the items quicker.

devnull wrote: »
    That's so you get the items quicker.

That's fine, but we're talking about the ramifications it has on the 3 free deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

in future tick the box to keep them all together.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468524

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Just adding myself to the (long!) list of happy customers. Used my third free trip there last week and all worked flawlessly. Great to have an alternative to Parcel Motel and you'll keep each others' prices down hopefully! :)

As feedback, I found the notifications different each time. The first time I was flooded (well not quite!) with at least one email and two texts, but the third time I think maybe I just got one notification. Doesn't matter really as all three arrived quickly/safely, but thought I'd let yee know anyway.

ted1 wrote: »
    in future tick the box to keep them all together.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468524

I surely did, always do that in fact. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hi

Can you please confirm that tracking number 32031005 will be delivered before Christmas?

ThanksJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I wonder is there any developments going as to order from abroad,since PW site states only packages from EU and most likely those with uk free delivery,what about packages from outside eu,that dont require vat or tax paid ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Good experiences here.

I made an Amazon order in late November using my home delivery address (not Parcel Wizard). Amazon quoted me an expected delivery date of Dec 28th. I cancelled and remade the same order, this time using the Parcel Wizard delivery address. The expected delivery date was now Dec 18th!

Meanwhile I made two other orders, specifying my Parcel Wizard address.

As it happens, I discovered there'd be nobody at home to receive the Amazon order on the 18th, so I used the calendar thingy, and rescheduled to today. All three have arrived together.

I'll be using Parcel Wizard again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Ordered a couple of Christmas gifts for relations I'll be seeing at the weekend. 'Expected Delivery Date' today but DPD didn't bother loading it on the van, like so many others have experienced.

I KNEW, I JUST KNEW that I should have used ParcelMotel to get it to me on time. DPD have such a high failure rate.

Received today. Late but at least it's here. Had a couple of other UK deliveries since (not gifts but I'd like to get them before Christmas) and used PM.

OK any service can be late. But at least PM get it into the locker for you when you're cutting things fine. Even with the delay PM would probably have this in the locker on Friday night for me. PW kept it and delivered it Monday.

One thing I will say for PW is that the map showing where the driver is is brilliant. Extremely handy to check it today and see that he was in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Do PW require a signature it will they leave in porch, is there a facilt yo ask them to leave it in the porch?

I find the free month trial of Amazon prime with next day delivery and then free PW Really worked well this year

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

3rd package arrived today - into neighbour's letterbox 2 doors down!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 channelcarrie

Hi Dpd reps, can you check into delivery for me please and when I can expect? Getting contradictory texts/email saying delivery today and then tomorrow. Also, delivery address is not showing as my home address (and should be), can you check this too please? PM'ing now

jspuds wrote: »
    Hi

Can you please confirm that tracking number 32031005 will be delivered before Christmas?

ThanksJ

Hi J

Your parcel arrived in your local depot last night and should be out for delivery to your today.

Regards

Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

2nd delivery all present and correct. Great service

ted1 wrote: »
    Do PW require a signature it will they leave in porch, is there a facilt yo ask them to leave it in the porch?

I find the free month trial of Amazon prime with next day delivery and then free PW Really worked well this year

Hi Ted,

All of our deliveries require "Proof of delivery" signatures. Glad to hear you liked our service, have a great Christmas :)

Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GaffCCFC

Are you delivering on Christmas Eve and until what time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Right, apart from a snafu with the last one all three are now with me and v happy with 1st two deliveries. Happy with delivery 3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

That's fine, but we're talking about the ramifications it has on the 3 free deliveries.

Benefits for the 99% of customers who want to get their parcels delivered quickly in time for Christmas by far outweight the tiny tiny percentage that use Parcel Wizard or Parcel Motel.

devnull wrote: »
    Benefits for the 99% of customers who want to get their parcels delivered quickly in time for Christmas by far outweight the tiny tiny percentage that use Parcel Wizard or Parcel Motel.

I think you're missing the point... this thread is about 3 free deliveries for Parcel Motel. Amazon splitting the orders up (however helpful that might be) impacts upon this "3 free deliveries", hence my comment regarding how it's annoying they split the deliveries when you don't want them to "so that you receive it quicker".

Even ticking the option to send the packages in as few deliveries as possible still split up 8 items into 6 deliveries. One of the deliveries I had was a cable worth £2 and I'd have to pay €3.95 to receive it after my 3 free deliveries was used up. All items were sold by Amazon EU so it wasn't using different sellers that caused the split.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

3 free deliveries were smooth! Took the plunge and paid for the 4th one and it arrived within the stated time on that date (yesterday). I am pretty sure that it really depends on which driver is assigned in your area. DPD Driver here in city centre is quite smooth and always on time. Very friendly as well and asks for signature every single time. Happy Christmas lads and lasses!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

It's pressure of sales volume at this time of year - bundling items can be a time waster for Amazon compared to "expediting" single dispatches. It gobbles up already scarce Parcel Motel locker capacity too, less of a headache for Parcel Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

Can anyone tell me what it means by Hold for pm delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Can anyone tell me what it means by Hold for pm delivery

Hold on the calendar menu? Means they won't deliver it today and you must select another day whichever suits you to be delivered.

Edit:
    could be that you have used your 3 free shipping and for this to be delivered you need to pay the 3.85 euros under "My UK Virtual Address" https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/#/my-uk-virtual-address

very bottom of the page. Happened to me last friday

Advertisement