Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Amazon has eight warehouses in the UK, they will always try and send a parcel with as many things as they can from the same warehouse, but if a warehouse does not have enough stock, some items will come from different warehouses to make delivery quicker, rather than not shipping until everything is in stock at the same warehouse.

It's got nothing to do with saving time with bundling items and everything to do with warehouse stock levels and making sure people get their things quicker. This is great practice, since often this will cost Amazon more to send parcels this way and the customer gets their order quicker and as a result Amazon has less bad press about stuff not being delivered in time for Christmas and therefore less complaints - it's win win for (almost) everyone.

I agree that it's annoying if you are using PM/PW, it's hit me as well in the past, but Amazon are not going to deliver a worse service to 99% of their customers to please the 1% that use Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard customers, it's up to PM/PW to fix this by coming up with an innovative service to combine deliveries together, it's not Amazon's problem how forwarding services choose to charge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Hi Ted,

All of our deliveries require "Proof of delivery" signatures. Glad to hear you liked our service, have a great Christmas :)

Regards

Ciara

Hi Ciara,

We had an item delivered yesterday which online says it was signed by Letterbox. It was just put in our neighbour's letterbox. So wrong address and no one signed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Two days they have not delivered now and when I try and change delivery addres it confirms as old address with new delivery as yesterday .

Have phoned twice and tryes live chat and no answer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Third parcel arrived no problems. Dublin City centre. Nice job Parcel Wizard, will use you guys again as getting to a Parcel Motel box isn't very convenient for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My parcels finally arrived. Friends parcels arrived very timely but mine did not, the only difference being the local depot that was used due to different parts of the county. Think I will use addresses that are serviced by Cork and not cork west in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

They're very quick to send you notifications when they require payment!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Got one delivers, out of 4, one delivered, one shows received by my tracking number, was told by them that it might have been delivered to another place if they were closed, got two items re sent and nothing.3 free deliveries if you get them, i"ll stick with PM,thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Guys there seems to be a glitch with your scheduling service. I got notice of 2 deliveries this morning. Rescheduled both and got confirmation. Came home to find both had been delivered.

Never got notification of my standard DPD delivery though which was odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Received a sportsdirect package today that i routed thru parcel wizard.Opened package to find 1 item missing (perfume gift set)and the side of the big blue bag (packaging)was ripped and had been taped up again.I contacted parcel wizard who told me a damage report had been started as looks like the package was damaged in transit and gift set may have fallen out and that they had no reason to open it.They also said to contact sportsdirect to see if item was definately sent in the package but its listed on the invoice in the package and i was charged for it.They said that the DPD insurance should cover it but that sportsdirect would have to claim off DPD for the lost item and then refund me.What a mess ,will probably take ages to sort and the gift set that cost €45 was a xmas present.Kinda annoyed as never had any issues with a missing item or damaged package before.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Hi Ciara,

PM'd you there with PW number - if you can send me on an update I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Guys there seems to be a glitch with your scheduling service. I got notice of 2 deliveries this morning. Rescheduled both and got confirmation. Came home to find both had been delivered.

That could be some disaster if they were gifts you were trying to keep out of sight of the OH/kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The webpage is not working right for me on Chrome on my work laptop (windows) and my Mac (both Chrome and Safari), it was working ok on IE on my work laptop though.

I can login, view my virtual UK address but none of the other options seem to do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Hello DPD

Failed delivery attempt from driver today when someone was at home all day, this is in Navan so the driver is coming from the Drogheda depot,

From my previous posts in this thread you will see i have had nothing put problems with the drivers on this route such as me having to track down a delivery van to get my package after a 4th failed delivery with someone at home every time.

I ordered something for express delivery and the company i ordered from is unfortunately for me is using DPD and as such i am having the same problems all over again

Delivery is rescheduled for tomorrow, my tracking number is 759967730

Can you please get the driver to ring me when he "gets to my house!" because i know that he is simply not coming near my house and simply saying failed delivery with zero attempt to make the delivery

I was somewhat understanding with the terrible service with my 3 free delivery's as they were free, but this is express shipping which isn't cheap and is absolutely unacceptable for the driver to waste my time and to raise my blood pressure to the point of boiling

I pray you can sort this out for me as this package is very important but i fear this package will not be seen till the new year

Regards
    Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Have received my 3 deliveries now, all arrived around 24 hours after landing with parcel wizard. The tracking and notifications were all spot on, delivery time was as promised. Will be happy to use the service again. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Does this give you a UK Mainland address? Im using amazon Uk and a lot of products wont ship to NI and only to Mainland UK, my Parcel Motel NI address is of no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Pangea wrote: »
    Does this give you a UK Mainland address? Im using amazon Uk and a lot of products wont ship to NI and only to Mainland UK, my Parcel Motel NI address is of no use.

No, NI address like Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have had all 3 deliveries. First one was the only delivery where I had an issue, not because it was delivered late. It was because it was delivered to a neighbour, I was never told, and my signature was "forged". I only found out when the neighbour knocked on my door hours after I came home to hand it to me. All the online system said was "delivered, signed by Berty"

I of course advised DPD of my dissatisfaction.

2nd delivery and 3rd delivery. All made perfectly and left where I agreed with the driver for future deliveries. From the 2nd/3rd Delivery this is a winner of a service for me over Parcel Motel.

To those who say it is slower than Parcel Motel that must be because of those near the Finglas depot where they can get same day/evening deliveries because my Depot is in North Tipperary and I get mine the following day after being received in NI.

Now guys, just fix the website. On phone and on the PC some of the buttons lead absolutely nowhere, like when you click "My Deliveries", it highlights red but nothing shows up. Also can you please just do a system where your computers restrospectively take money from a Visa Debit/Credit when a package arrives. This service would suit me better, I really don't want to be topping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Berty wrote: »
    Have had all 3 deliveries. First one was the only delivery where I had an issue, not because it was delivered late. It was because it was delivered to a neighbour, I was never told, and my signature was "forged". I only found out when the neighbour knocked on my door hours after I came home to hand it to me. All the online system said was "delivered, signed by Berty"

I of course advised DPD of my dissatisfaction.

2nd delivery and 3rd delivery. All made perfectly and left where I agreed with the driver for future deliveries. From the 2nd/3rd Delivery this is a winner of a service for me over Parcel Motel.

To those who say it is slower than Parcel Motel that must be because of those near the Finglas depot where they can get same day/evening deliveries because my Depot is in North Tipperary and I get mine the following day after being received in NI.

Now guys, just fix the website. On phone and on the PC some of the buttons lead absolutely nowhere, like when you click "My Deliveries", it highlights red but nothing shows up. Also can you please just do a system where your computers restrospectively take money from a Visa Debit/Credit when a package arrives. This service would suit me better, I really don't want to be topping up.

TBH, that's the kind of service I want, if I'm not in I would want my neighbours to take it in. Otherwise it would just be aloud of hassle.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Pangea wrote: »

Hi Pangea

Our Virtual Address depot is based in Northern Ireland and we do not currently have a UK mainland address.

Regards

Ciara

polydactyl wrote: »
    Two days they have not delivered now and when I try and change delivery addres it confirms as old address with new delivery as yesterday .

Have phoned twice and tryes live chat and no answer

Hi Polydactuyl

Can you PM me your PW ID or tracking number and I will look into this for you.

Regards

Ciara

• Advertisement

They're very quick to send you notifications when they require payment!

Hi IrishBlaine

We send the request promptly so that we can release your parcel and get it delivered to as quickly as possible.:)

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ted1 wrote: »
    TBH, that's the kind of service I want, if I'm not in I would want my neighbours to take it in. Otherwise it would just be aloud of hassle.

As would I if the driver tells me even afterwards where it is. All I knew is that I apparently signed for it but I didn't. Not everyone has good or honest neighbours unfortunately. I thankfully do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I've a delivery out with Royal Mail to the Parcel Wizard depot. What time does it have to arrive at the DPD depot by to make sure it's checked in and it gets sent down to Cork for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Ive found PW to be a great service and the the three free deliveries before the 31st was a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Hi IrishBlaine

We send the request promptly so that we can release your parcel and get it delivered to as quickly as possible.:)

Ciara

That Parcel should have been out to me today but I go to track it this morning it just says data received rather then out for delivery, Something not right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

are you guys delivering tomorrow(christmas eve)? something should arrive today was hoping for to get it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Thanks for your PM reply Ciara - the package is confirmed as delivered to your depot last night at 1am. Would you know will it be out for delivery to me tomorrow? Details PM'd. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭ALS

Hi Ciara , sent you 2 pm's yesterday regarding a parcel that seems to have gone missing but got no reply , any update ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

andy125 wrote: »
    Hello DPD

Failed delivery attempt from driver today when someone was at home all day, this is in Navan so the driver is coming from the Drogheda depot,

From my previous posts in this thread you will see i have had nothing put problems with the drivers on this route such as me having to track down a delivery van to get my package after a 4th failed delivery with someone at home every time.

I ordered something for express delivery and the company i ordered from is unfortunately for me is using DPD and as such i am having the same problems all over again

Delivery is rescheduled for tomorrow, my tracking number is 759967730

Can you please get the driver to ring me when he "gets to my house!" because i know that he is simply not coming near my house and simply saying failed delivery with zero attempt to make the delivery

I was somewhat understanding with the terrible service with my 3 free delivery's as they were free, but this is express shipping which isn't cheap and is absolutely unacceptable for the driver to waste my time and to raise my blood pressure to the point of boiling

I pray you can sort this out for me as this package is very important but i fear this package will not be seen till the new year

Regards
    Andrew

Anyone from DPD won't to have a look at this for me?

Advertisement