Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

lensman wrote: »
    The last of my orders arrived in ...

No hard feelings there lensman ;) Have a very Merry Christmas!

dose the 3 free delivery's before the 31st mean delivered to parcel wizard or delivered to my house before the 31st ? think about ordering stuff tomorrow evening when sales start, so i reckon i will be cutting it tight to the 31st

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our "3 free deliveries" offer via the DPD UK Virtual Address ends on 31st December 2015. Parcels received in our UK Virtual Address in the New Year will be subject to a charge of €3.85 for delivery to the consignee's preferred address.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Hi there,

Even Santa's elves need a bit of sleep. We're back on line and ready to help you with all your queries :) In regards to your shipment judgefoozle, as we explained earlier on it is very unlikely that we'd receive a parcel at 1am. Please check with the courier that delivered this for the name that signed for it.

I was referring to the day shift people Liam - not expecting people to work all night! I found it impossible to get through all day yesterday and no calls were returned, so it's obviously understaffed considering the extra workload that should have been expected. Not trying to be awkward, but just something DPD should keep in mind for busy periods again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

No hard feelings there lensman ;) Have a very Merry Christmas!
    None taken, I would sign up with PW but I had just topped up my account by €40 with PM before I discovered your service:( I'll be switching once it's used up;) unless PM drop their door to door price to compete

I was referring to the day shift people Liam - not expecting people to work all night! I found it impossible to get through all day yesterday and no calls were returned, so it's obviously understaffed considering the extra workload that should have been expected. Not trying to be awkward, but just something DPD should keep in mind for busy periods again.

Thank you for your feedback J. Christmas time is our busiest period and our 650+ staff are trying hard to respond to every query we receive, as swiftly as possible. Don't forget, there's more than one way to get in contact with us. You can call us, email us, send us your query on our web chat, facebook, twitter, google plus or here on boards.

We're here to help, so please let us know if you have the name of the person who signed for your parcel. Or just send us your PW ID to have another look.

Merry Christmas!
    Liam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hi Ciara/Liam.
    I received my first PW delivery this morning, Amazon had it on their site as being delivered today, but I understood that to be in Newtownabbey, no way of checking on Parcel Wizard log in, as all that happens when you select "My Deliveries" or "My Account" is the selection turning red, but no progress to the destination.
    This is a great service and I will be using it for convenience over PM from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mmmull

Invincible wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya ;-)
    Thanks! Shame on me. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

thanks for the free delivery guys, used them all and some more that I was happy to pay for ,I found it to be great service all round.

Hi Ciara/Liam.
    I received my first PW delivery this morning, Amazon had it on their site as being delivered today, but I understood that to be in Newtownabbey, no way of checking on Parcel Wizard log in, as all that happens when you select "My Deliveries" or "My Account" is the selection turning red, but no progress to the destination.
    This is a great service and I will be using it for convenience over PM from here on.

Can you please PM us your PW ID to follow up?

Thanks,
    Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Thank you for your feedback J. Christmas time is our busiest period and our 650+ staff are trying hard to respond to every query we receive, as swiftly as possible. Don't forget, there's more than one way to get in contact with us. You can call us, email us, send us your query on our web chat, facebook, twitter, google plus or here on boards.

We're here to help, so please let us know if you have the name of the person who signed for your parcel. Or just send us your PW ID to have another look.

Merry Christmas!
    Liam

HI Liam, All this info has been sent on to two different rep's to date - by phone, by email and on boards here. I've given up on it now - had to go to Smyths!

• Advertisement

HI Liam, All this info has been sent on to two different rep's to date - by phone, by email and on boards here. I've given up on it now - had to go to Smyths!

Really sorry about this J. As I said PM us your ID and I'll have a look, but we don't accept parcels after 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GaffCCFC

An item I was hoping to have as a present for Christmas Day arrived with ye around an hour ago. Is there any hope of getting it today? Even if it meant paying more?

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

GaffCCFC wrote: »
    An item I was hoping to have as a present for Christmas Day arrived with ye around an hour ago. Is there any hope of getting it today? Even if it meant paying more?

Hi there,

Please PM your tracking number so I can take a look at this for you.

Thanks, Ciara

Hi James,

I just checked with our NI Depot, they don't have a Stewart working there at all and they don't accept parcels after 6pm.

I recommend that you get in contact with the sender.

Regards, Ciara

The DPD Team would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!

We'll be back on Tuesday 29th December. If you have any queries, please send us PM with your tracking number or your Parcel Wizard ID.

See you all soon!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hi Ciara/Liam.

I find that often you have to right-click on 'My Deliveries' and select open in new tab (or tap and hold 'My Deliveries' and select new tab on a mobile/tablet) to get it to actually work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

In fairness to DPD, despite my issues with the signatures or lack of to be precise i'm currently having a nightmare with PM over a sent package so the problems don't apply just to DPD!

Be warned that PM is fine for receiving to locker but shipping through them is a nightmare. It looks like the particular address i'm delivering to has a driver that just marks parcels as not deliverable or not at home and doesn't bother to attempt the delivery to ease his workload. He/SHe has done this 3 times in the last week and now the item won't be delivered before Christmas which is outrageous as i sent it 8 days ago for national express delivery!!!!

There are some absolute cowboys driving these vans and the escalation processes involved don't seem to weed the dodgy drivers out to. Be warned that PM only works because a driver has a single delivery address for multiple orders. I wouldn't use them for the home delivery service every again after my experience as they have some of the same idiotic drivers as DPD.

I can't wait for an post to get their service running. If the costs are in line with their competitors they will get all my business going forward. Postmen do not pull the lazy incompetent crap a lot of courier drivers do and they know their delivery addresses well

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

zarquon wrote:
    I can't wait for an post to get their service running. If the costs are in line with their competitors they will get all my business going forward. Postmen do not pull the lazy incompetent crap a lot of courier drivers do and they know their delivery addresses well

Yeah good luck with that.....Just do a search on boards of an post and you'll see how wonderful they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    Yeah good luck with that.....Just do a search on boards of an post and you'll see how wonderful they are.

Best of a bad bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

i'm surprised nobody has asked if you guys are delivering today :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I have signed up for this service today and ordered three things, separate deliveries, of amazon, scheduled for delivery during the week.

From people's experience, will this give me time for the free deliveries from parcel wizard.

1. One delivery is due on Wednesday
    2. Another is due on Thursday
    3. Another is due between 30th-2nd. Considering the first is new year's and the 2nd is a Saturday, I'm hoping it will be delivered on Thursday

Will it be free, if parcel wizard receives the parcel in time before Thursday the 31st. And is it similar to parcel motel, where i will receive it the day after. Probably the following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Have used this service twice excellent always found DPD to be the best courier service out there in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheHopeful View Post
    I didn't get any text or email yesterday to say they would be attempting delivery today.

Got notification at just before midday today that they would be delivering today between 2-3. Luckily there was someone at home all day and i told them to expect the delivery.

Heard nothing, and then got notification after 6 saying "Today we tried to deliver to you your order from DPD PARCEL WIZARD but nobody was at home." There was no delivery attempted. Very disappointing service. FYI this is my second delivery with PW, and my first delivery was also outside of the allotted hour, but at least it was the same day.
    Hi TheHopeful,
    Can you please PM me your PW ID or tracking number so I can take a look at the details for you.

Hi Liam, I'm still waiting for a reply about this since my PM on the 16th Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Amazon wants a phone number for the address, what do you put down?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

joujoujou wrote: »

Interesting,
    I got a different answer under the FAQ
    What should I do when ordering online?
    When making an online purchase, when you're entering your delivery address, include your Parcel Wizard ID in the first line of the address. This will identify you as a Parcel Wizard club member as your parcel moves through the DPD delivery system. Also make sure that you've entered the mobile number and email address that you registered with on Parcel Wizard. We'll use any one of these pieces of information to identify you.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Pangea wrote:
    Interesting, I got a different answer under the FAQ What should I do when ordering online? When making an online purchase, when you're entering your delivery address, include your Parcel Wizard ID in the first line of the address. This will identify you as a Parcel Wizard club member as your parcel moves through the DPD delivery system. Also make sure that you've entered the mobile number and email address that you registered with on Parcel Wizard. We'll use any one of these pieces of information to identify you.

This is if you're not using the UK virtual address.when parcel wizard was first set up it was just for managing deliveries that came through DPD.Then they had the bright idea of adding the UK address and the whole service took off.

TheHopeful wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheHopeful View Post
    I didn't get any text or email yesterday to say they would be attempting delivery today. [/B]

Hello again,

We've sent your details to IT and to your local depot in order to investigate further. Please let me know if there was something else that you were looking for.

The Raptor wrote: »
    I have signed up for this service today and ordered three things, separate deliveries, of amazon, scheduled for delivery during the week.

From people's experience, will this give me time for the free deliveries from parcel wizard.

1. One delivery is due on Wednesday
    2. Another is due on Thursday
    3. Another is due between 30th-2nd. Considering the first is new year's and the 2nd is a Saturday, I'm hoping it will be delivered on Thursday

Will it be free, if parcel wizard receives the parcel in time before Thursday the 31st. And is it similar to parcel motel, where i will receive it the day after. Probably the following Monday.

Good Morning Raptor

Yes your deliveries should be with us before the 31at and as such will be free. If you PM me your Parcel Wizard ID number I can keep an eye out for anything coming inot our system for you.

Regards

Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

@ Liam

I have a package that says was delivered to the NI depot on Christmas eve but not showing up on my account yet, do you think it will show up today?

Advertisement