Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

styron wrote: »
    Ciara,

That's at least the third oversized parcel "let through" to avoid any indication as to how oversized parcels will be charged. The site indicates DPD standard tariffs will apply (ie. oversized items are not part of Parcel Wizard). But there's nothing on the Irish DPD site at all (unlike the UK DPD) as to the cost or even as to how dimensional weight is calculated for oversized parcels.

Parcel Motel are transparent on this and they are "restricted to locker sizes". Why so coy and evasive? Parcel Wizard's silence on this only serves to walk unsuspecting customers into trouble.

Did we ever get a response from Ciara on this? I can't see one but it is a huge thread at this stage. It makes a huge difference to my decision to keep using the service as I regularly get larger items and I can be certain what it will cost using Parcel Motel.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Just wondering will there be any new offers for new customers seeing as the 3 Free before 31st Dec is now over?

Happy New Year to all!

We'll be announcing more exciting offers down the line. Please check our website regularly for updates.

scamalert wrote: »
    sent pm but see not getting answer,so will try here

is there any chance to get pw to deliver items say 20-25kgs
    width 40-50cm,height up to 60cm.If so whats additional charge,and do i need to make any prior payments,give notice etc ?

PM sent

would a package get from the UK to the customer in 48 hours?

i'm looking to buy from musclefood and the food stays fresh in the package for 48 hours?

It would, but you have to take into consideration the time that it'll take to get to our UK Virtual Address, plus the 48h.

I'm afraid that perishable food is on our 'Goods not accepted for carriage' list > http://dpd.ie/Shipping/Goods-not-accepted-for-Carriage

I've got two deliveries due for delivery today but their tracking status hasn't changed since the 31st - when I'd normally expect it to show it as in the national hub etc. Is this likely to delay the delivery or is the tracking just slow to update?

(32031334)
    It's at
    12/31/15 11:44 AM HEAD OFFICE Data Received

Hi there,

We were closed since last Thursday. All trackings will be updated tonight. Everything received in our UK Virtual Address last Thursday will be out for delivery tomorrow.

• Advertisement

SeamusFX wrote: »
    Hello,
    I ordered an item last year and although the seller shipped it before the end of the year it looks like the item still hasn’t reached the depot. When I set up my Parcel Wizard account, I don’t remember being requested to provide any credit card details and since it looks like I missed out on the free shipment promo, what do I have to do to ensure my parcel is shipped and the shipment is paid for?

Good morning,

You can buy credits on our website. Once you log in to parcelwizard.ie, click on the UK Virtual Address page to view our Payment Methods.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It is a bit unfair to be characterised as coy and evasive when we're trying our best not to charge anyone for oversized parcels. There are a few exceptions to this rule and it depends on the size and weight of the parcel. We don't have a pricelist in place as we are trying to accommodate all of our customers' needs the best way possible. If you're looking to receive an oversized parcel, you can contact our Customer Care Team on 0906480247 for more information or send us a PM here.

Hi guys!

We're here to help Monday to Friday from 9:00am - 17:30. If you're waiting on a delivery, please PM us with your tracking number so we can follow up.

This thread will be closing soon. For any queries, please contact us on the DPD Ireland general queries one > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98285536#post98285536

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Hello - I am trying to purchase deliveries through your payment method on the website. Unfortunately, it is not accepting cards and I do not/will not use paypal.

On the phone, a lady informed me that basically, there were no other options and could not help me. I have 2 deliveries which I need to pay for and another on the way. I'm disappointed. For some reason, my card is not being accepted. I will have to go back to using Parcel Motel if I can't use Parcel Wizard... How am I going to get my deliveries to me if I can't pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Hi Liam, i just payed for a trip on the website.
    Is there anywhere on the site where you can see how many trips you have paid for?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Hi Reps. :)

Thanks for the (expired now) offer, which I used. Delighted.

Now I'm expecting another delivery, so paid for it in advance. Paypal account shows payment successfully sent, so says my bank account.

However I cannot see any indication of that on PW webpage.

Will you please explain?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I have received notification of a parcel that arrived into the NI depot today and asking me to topup. The thing is I was not expecting anything. I did use my 3 free Parcel Wizard deliveries so it maybe unsolicited junk mail from one of those sellers. Is there any way of finding out what the item may be before paying for delivery?

Hello - I am trying to purchase deliveries through your payment method on the website. Unfortunately, it is not accepting cards and I do not/will not use paypal.

On the phone, a lady informed me that basically, there were no other options and could not help me. I have 2 deliveries which I need to pay for and another on the way. I'm disappointed. For some reason, my card is not being accepted. I will have to go back to using Parcel Motel if I can't use Parcel Wizard... How am I going to get my deliveries to me if I can't pay?

Hi there,

What kind of card are you trying to use? We've had customer paying with their credit card instead of using their paypal account before. Could you please PM us some more details to follow up?

Doge wrote: »
    Hi Liam, i just payed for a trip on the website.
    Is there anywhere on the site where you can see how many trips you have paid for?

Thanks.

Not yet Doge, but our developers are working hard on a new version of the website which is going to be published soon.

joujoujou wrote: »
    Hi Reps. :)

Thanks for the (expired now) offer, which I used. Delighted.

Now I'm expecting another delivery, so paid for it in advance. Paypal account shows payment successfully sent, so says my bank account.

However I cannot see any indication of that on PW webpage.

Will you please explain?

Thank you.

Same as above, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Our developers are currently working on that as we speak.

navi wrote: »
    I have received notification of a parcel that arrived into the NI depot today and asking me to topup. The thing is I was not expecting anything. I did use my 3 free Parcel Wizard deliveries so it maybe unsolicited junk mail from one of those sellers. Is there any way of finding out what the item may be before paying for delivery?

Hi Navi,

PM us your Parcel Wizard ID to have a look at the parcel and see if there's anything indicating what's inside.

Unregistered Users

Same as above, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Our developers are currently working on that as we speak.
    Thanks for the info.

I just wanted to know if funds I transferred disappeared or not?

joujoujou wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

I just wanted to know if funds I transferred disappeared or not?

Good morning!

Give us a call on 0906480247 or send us an email to parcelwizard@dpd.ie and one of our team will be able to check your credits and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ha-ha I'm laughing at myself here because I started this thread back in November but in the end I didn't get to use any of the free 3 deliveries. For some bizarre reason this year I did all my Xmas shopping in bricks and mortar stores. I won't be making that mistake again, the crowds were a nightmare :o anyway my lesson has been learnt and 2016 is gonna be online purchases only for which I'll definitely be giving Parcel Wizard a try out, seems like a great idea and service to have available.

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Thanks.

Email sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Got my 3rd free delivery today - on time and intact - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Before this thread closes is the UK mainland address quoted on the first page still in operation.

My parcel wizard account only quotes the Antrim (NI) address but so many places only do UK mainland only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Before this thread closes is the UK mainland address quoted on the first page still in operation.

My parcel wizard account only quotes the Antrim (NI) address but so many places only do UK mainland only.

There is no mainland UK address.

You probably read this persons post which is wrong...
    hecmail wrote: »
    This appears to be better than Parcel Motel as a lot of sellers on the UK site will only deliver to mainland UK. This seems to get around that issue. I'll defo sign up. Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

kennyb3 wrote: »

Hi there Kenny,

Our Virtual Address Depot is in N.Ireland only. The address on the 1st page is the same location, we just had to modify it to make it more clear to different delivery companies.

Regards, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jimrc

Received a call this morning from dpd delivery driver to say that he would be at my door in 2 minutes, just wanted to make sure he had the right address. Over a half hour later there was no sign of him . Rang him back to see if he was having trouble finding me. He seemed annoyed that I rang. Said that he had deliveries ahead of me and that I would have to just wait. When I pointed out that he rang me in the first place to say that he was going to be there in 2 minutes he became aggressive and very snarky. I told him to just bring it to the depot and I would collect it myself. This is not the first time I've had issues with dpd. Just posting it here because I get the feeling I wont get anywhere complaining to his depot. If anyone from dpd reads this I have the driver information if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

It is a bit unfair to be characterised as coy and evasive when we're trying our best not to charge anyone for oversized parcels. There are a few exceptions to this rule and it depends on the size and weight of the parcel. We don't have a pricelist in place as we are trying to accommodate all of our customers' needs the best way possible. If you're looking to receive an oversized parcel, you can contact our Customer Care Team on 0906480247 for more information or send us a PM here.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I wasn't making an accusation but merely wanted some clarity.

I cannot be sure when ordering something if it will breach the dimensions so if I'm ordering something potentially larger than the dimensions I will stick with parcel motel. For everything else I'll use parcel wizard as it's great not to have to pick it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is there a backlog after the new year shut down.I'm expecting something to hit NI on Wednesday. Will it be out for delivery Thursday( depending on what time it lands in NI)

BTW..what time does the truck head south..roughly?

jimrc wrote: »
    Received a call this morning from dpd delivery driver to say that he would be at my door in 2 minutes

Hi Jim,

Please be kindly informed that we take matters like this very seriously. Do PM me all the information that you have to identify the call and see what happened.

• Advertisement

tatranska wrote: »
    Is there a backlog after the new year shut down.I'm expecting something to hit NI on Wednesday. Will it be out for delivery Thursday( depending on what time it lands in NI)

BTW..what time does the truck head south..roughly?

Hi tatranska,

No backlog :) If we receive it today, it should be out for delivery tomorrow.

Advertisement