Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

A package i ordered about a month ago from UK just arrived... Great service DPD!

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

V1llianous wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have an item due to arrive on Friday in Newtownabbey. I know my local depot is open for collections on Saturday morning, how can I arrange to collect it from there rather than wait until Monday ?

TIA.

Hi there,

If you call your local depot on 028 94428092 with your tracking number they will organise this for you.

Thanks, Ciara

varuka wrote: »
    A package i ordered about a month ago from UK just arrived... Great service DPD!

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the delay. Could you please PM your tracking number so I can see what the hold up was?

Thanks, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

One definite way of getting an email the day before delivery is to not top up your account.

That way you'll get an email saying DPD have your package and you'll need to top up your account for it to be delivered.

Happened to me yesterday, I forgot to top it up prior to it arriving.

There should be an incentive for customers to top up before hand really. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Here an observation from my end.

Parcel received into UK Virtual Address - No e-mail about it, first notification I get is the 1 hour window on the day of delivery (Happened on 3 last deliveries)

Parcel from elsewhere with PWID in it - E-mail the night before "Parcel Wizard: your DPD UK order is due for delivery by DPD Ireland" followed by the notification about the 1 hour windows on the day of delivery. Happened on last 2 deliveries.

So clearly advance notification e-mails work for regular parcels but not for items received into the UK Virtual Address.

But I might try Doge's suggestion of not topping up.

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    One definite way of getting an email the day before delivery is to not top up your account.

That way you'll get an email saying DPD have your package and you'll need to top up your account for it to be delivered.

Happened to me yesterday, I forgot to top it up prior to it arriving.

There should be an incentive for customers to top up before hand really. ;)

Hi Doge,

The "day before" emails and phone notifications will be up and running properly on Monday, at the very latest Tuesday ;)

Thanks, Ciara

Here an observation from my end.

Parcel received into UK Virtual Address - No e-mail about it, first notification I get is the 1 hour window on the day of delivery (Happened on 3 last deliveries)

Parcel from elsewhere with PWID in it - E-mail the night before "Parcel Wizard: your DPD UK order is due for delivery by DPD Ireland" followed by the notification about the 1 hour windows on the day of delivery. Happened on last 2 deliveries.

So clearly advance notification e-mails work for regular parcels but not for items received into the UK Virtual Address.

But I might try Doge's suggestion of not topping up.

Hi Yggr!

The email/text notifications the day before delivery will be working as normal from Monday, at the very latest Tuesday for the UK Virtual Address.

Thanks for using the service :) Ciara

Hi Guys,

#‎BlueMonday‬ got you down? We're offering 3 FREE trips to one lucky winner to brighten up the saddest day of the year.
    The winners will be determined at random from all Parcel Wizard completed registrations.
    T&Cs apply > https://www.facebook.com/notes/dpd-ireland/dpd-irelands-blue-monday-competition-tcs/748493731949255

?type=3

Thanks, Ciara

Hi Guys,

#‎BlueMonday‬ got you down? We're offering 3 FREE trips to one lucky winner to brighten up the saddest day of the year.
    The winners will be determined at random from all Parcel Wizard completed registrations.
    T&Cs apply > https://www.facebook.com/notes/dpd-i...48493731949255

Thanks, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I had a similar experience with PW. Was told my package was never received, got in about 3 weeks after when Amazon sorted it out.

Thank God for Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Hi Guys,

Thanks, Ciara
    Page is showing as unavailable

RossieMan wrote: »
    I had a similar experience with PW. Was told my package was never received, got in about 3 weeks after when Amazon sorted it out.

Thank God for Amazon.

Hi there,

Would you mind PMing me the details of that parcel so I can see what the delay was.

Thanks, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Hi Guys,

Thanks, Ciara

Link not working.

Toxica wrote: »
    Link not working.

Hi there,

Sorry about that, not sure what happened with the link. All PW members were automatically entered into that draw which is now finished. Keep an eye on our facebook pages regularly, (dpd ireland and parcel wizard) for more competitions and give-aways shortly.

Thanks, Ciara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I'm a new customer to Parcel Wizard and I'm very happy but I'd like to make a little suggestion if Parcel Wizard could send an email when the parcel is checked in at the Depot in Northern Ireland if would great as then I'd know to expect the parcel the following day or decide to reschedule etc.

Nightline's Parcel Motel send a checked in Email the day before which is a nice heads up that your parcel is on its way, wheras the current Parcel Wizard email and text only gives me about 2hours notice before the courier driver arrives if I had not logged in previously.

A great service and I'm very happy since the courier driver delivered to me Christmas Eve morning at 8am to ensure I got my parcel on time and before Christmas eve on what was my first delivery from Parcel Wizard, but if I had known prior I would have deferred delivery as the delivery was not time sensitive and after Christmas would have done me and spared the driver the delivery on what was surely his busiest day of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Stinicker wrote: »
    I'm a new customer to Parcel Wizard and I'm very happy but I'd like to make a little suggestion if Parcel Wizard could send an email when the parcel is checked in at the Depot in Northern Ireland if would great as then I'd know to expect the parcel the following day or decide to reschedule etc.

Nightline's Parcel Motel send a checked in Email the day before which is a nice heads up that your parcel is on its way, wheras the current Parcel Wizard email and text only gives me about 2hours notice before the courier driver arrives if I had not logged in previously.

A great service and I'm very happy since the courier driver delivered to me Christmas Eve morning at 8am to ensure I got my parcel on time and before Christmas eve on what was my first delivery from Parcel Wizard, but if I had known prior I would have deferred delivery as the delivery was not time sensitive and after Christmas would have done me and spared the driver the delivery on what was surely his busiest day of the year.

They are meant to send an email and text when the package is checked in to NI. I definitely got both a text and email on my first delivery in November. However on the following two, both in December, there were no notifications until the delivery day. I reported it in this thread but perhaps the large volumes of Christmas packages caused an issue. I agree that it should be fixed.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I received both a text and email (the Pending Payment one) when my most recent parcel was received (19th Jan)

Stinicker wrote: »

Hi there,

Thanks a million for your feedback, we appreciate it. Since last week the "day before" emails and text notifications have been sending correctly.
    Thanks for using the service, Kind Regards, Ciara

They are meant to send an email and text when the package is checked in to NI. I definitely got both a text and email on my first delivery in November. However on the following two, both in December, there were no notifications until the delivery day. I reported it in this thread but perhaps the large volumes of Christmas packages caused an issue. I agree that it should be fixed.

Hi Navi,

The "day before" emails and texts are working properly now. We do appreciate the feedback and thanks a million for using the service.

Kind Regards, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I received a letter + a fridge magnet.

Thank you! :D

• Advertisement

Hi Yggr!

The email/text notifications the day before delivery will be working as normal from Monday, at the very latest Tuesday for the UK Virtual Address.

Thanks for using the service :) Ciara

Sorry to say but when my parcel was checked in this morning no sms/e-mail for it was received.

I'm sure I will get the notification tomorrow about the delivery window but I did not get one for parcel being checked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Last week, I received no e-mail when a parcel was checked in also.

There definitely seems to be something up with parcel wizard's email system.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I tried searching for Interlink but the boards search function is not working for me.

My issue is with Interlink Express in the UK but I know they are partners with DPD Ireland so I was hoping you can help me or direct me to someone who can.

I'm expecting an order from M and M Direct which was made last Thursday. I got an email on Friday saying it had been despatched and a link to the tracking page. The tracking page hasn't updated at all since then. It just says that Interlink have received my order details and are awaiting my parcel.

So, I have been emailing both M and M and Interlink today and they both claim that the other has the parcel. M and M are certain that the parcel was despatched on Friday but Interlink say they don't have it. They are both telling me to wait. Now, I'm not in a particular hurry or anything but I'm just concerned because it seems a bit odd. I know it's been the weekend but there has been no change at all since early on Friday morning and it's very frustrating getting little or no help from them. Is there any way you can help find out what's happening?

No action needed, just sharing this for the fun.

Friday
    I order something from Amazon UK to my UK Virtual Address and as it's Prime getting a Monday forecast.

Saturday
    I get a shipment notification telling me it's shipped with DPD UK with delivery date of Monday.

Saturday
    First track with it being in "Hub 4 - Hinckley" We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Mallusk depot

Sunday
    Same tracking again

Monday
    No updates, parcel not delivered at UK Virtual Address

Tuesday
    Parcelwizard sends me a notification from DPD Ireland that DPD UK has asked them to deliver a parcel from Amazon to my UK Virtual Address.

Tuesday
    Last track is that the parcel is in Athlone on the way to the Mallusk depot.

So I call DPD Ireland and a wonderful agent explains to me that UK deliveries to an address in Newtownabbey are done by DPD Ireland (not UK).

She explained what now happens is the parcel is most likely already in Mallusk (shipped there from Athlone) and will be scanned during the day and than I get a notification with the new tracking number and the parcel will be send from Mallusk to Ahtlone to be send to my local depot for delivery.

That is just funny, isn't it?

If Parcelwizard is advanced enough to see that something for my ID is in the system and notifies me, shouldn't it be intelligent enough to put a stop onto it in Athlone and send it directly to me. This way it's doing a Athlone - Mallusk - Athlone tour generating cost plus confusion.

Doge wrote: »
    Last week, I received no e-mail when a parcel was checked in also.

There definitely seems to be something up with parcel wizard's email system.

Hi Doge,

The "day before" emails/texts are confirmed working as normal now.

Regards, Ciara

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I tried searching for Interlink but the boards search function is not working for me.

My issue is with Interlink Express in the UK but I know they are partners with DPD Ireland so I was hoping you can help me or direct me to someone who can.

I'm expecting an order from M and M Direct which was made last Thursday. I got an email on Friday saying it had been despatched and a link to the tracking page. The tracking page hasn't updated at all since then. It just says that Interlink have received my order details and are awaiting my parcel.

So, I have been emailing both M and M and Interlink today and they both claim that the other has the parcel. M and M are certain that the parcel was despatched on Friday but Interlink say they don't have it. They are both telling me to wait. Now, I'm not in a particular hurry or anything but I'm just concerned because it seems a bit odd. I know it's been the weekend but there has been no change at all since early on Friday morning and it's very frustrating getting little or no help from them. Is there any way you can help find out what's happening?

Hi there,

I can take a look for you if you want to PM your tracking number

Thanks, Ciara

Hi Doge,

The "day before" emails/texts are confirmed working as normal now.

Regards, Ciara

I just got my "day before" e-mail telling me that my parcel has arrived at the UK virtual address and is on it's way. Took about 45 minutes after the parcel was scanned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

Hi there,

I can take a look for you if you want to PM your tracking number

Thanks, Ciara

Thanks Ciara.

The parcel arrived today, no email, no text or anything. It wasn't even scanned into the tracking system at all until the early hours of this morning when it suddenly appeared in Athlone. It hadn't been scanned anywhere along the way in the UK. I don't know why.

Anyway, the tracking system was a bit ridiculous but at least I got the parcel!

Thanks for offering to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Great service! Have used it three times since its launch. I always get emails with updates.

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Thanks a million for your feedback, we appreciate it. Since last week the "day before" emails and text notifications have been sending correctly.
    Thanks for using the service, Kind Regards, Ciara

Guess it must have been towards the end of last week. I received a package last week with no day before email.

Have to say, I felt sorry for the guy who did the delivery. He was due between 4-5pm, but didn't make it to me until 6:45pm. I was following him on the tracking and he was all over the place, always less than a few minutes drive away. Said he would be going until at least 9:30pm getting through them all!

Advertisement