Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I have been using Parcel Wizard now over a month and have had several parcels delivered already. The text message and email system is working now which is a great help. I have two queries about the service.

I wonder if there is a system which will tell me how much credit I have in my account so I know when to top-up?

Also are Parcels are photographed when they are received by DPD, This would be handy so I know what I am receiving and would allow me to decide if I want to defer delivery etc. e.g. I'd see the Amazon box and I'd have a good idea of what to expect from the packaging size etc. I think the first parcel I received was photographed but I can't remember to be honest as it might have also been with Parcel Motel whom I used to use before I made the switch to DPD Parcel Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Katarzyna127

Hi DPD
    Generally , how long does parcel delivery take from the england to ireland ?
    thanks

Hi DPD
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Hi DPD
    thanks

Next day most of the time via Parcel Wizard.

b'jasus thats quick

• Advertisement

b'jasus thats quick

1 day from the company your buying from to Parcel Wizard then DPD have it out to you next day so 2 day delivery.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

b'jasus thats quick

Hi there,

It depends on the courier company delivering to our Virtual Address Depot. If it arrives at the Virtual Address on a Monday it will be delivered to your chosen address anywhere in Ireland on Tuesday.

Thanks, Ciara

Stinicker wrote: »
    I have been using Parcel Wizard now over a month and have had several parcels delivered already. The text message and email system is working now which is a great help. I have two queries about the service.

I wonder if there is a system which will tell me how much credit I have in my account so I know when to top-up?

Also are Parcels are photographed when they are received by DPD, This would be handy so I know what I am receiving and would allow me to decide if I want to defer delivery etc. e.g. I'd see the Amazon box and I'd have a good idea of what to expect from the packaging size etc. I think the first parcel I received was photographed but I can't remember to be honest as it might have also been with Parcel Motel whom I used to use before I made the switch to DPD Parcel Wizard.

Hi there,

Thanks for your questions. A visible credit balance is something our developers are working on and the functionality will be up and running soon.

Currently members cannot see an image of their parcel but we appreciate this kind of feedback and it will certainly be considered as something we would do in the future.

Thanks, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Just confirming that I received a text and an email for a package that arrived up the north, so the email system is definitely working.
    Its nice to have text alert also. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sbcelt

Hi do you transport bicycles to Europe? Im in Czech Republic and seen the dpd vans here before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi guys,

Quick question, I'm thinking of ordering a car spoiler from England, free delivery to the North and get it sent down South via you guys.

I know that the dimensions exceed the limiation and a surcharge will apply so my question is do you have an idea how much an item like that would cost? Considering its £30 to ship to Ireland directly it maybe cheaper to have you guys handle it.

If it was possible of course.

The spoiler itself is about 173cm long and maybe 3 or 4cm thick, packaging weight at a guess would be 2-5kgs max.

sbcelt wrote: »
    Hi do you transport bicycles to Europe? Im in Czech Republic and seen the dpd vans here before

Hi there,

We can transport bicycles but it would have to be flat packed. If you wish to contact your local depot on this the full list and contact details are here: http://dpd.ie/About-DPD/DPD-Depot-Finder/Leinster/dublin-north-west

Thanks, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sbcelt

Hi there,

We can transport bicycles but it would have to be flat packed. If you wish to contact your local depot on this the full list and contact details are here: http://dpd.ie/About-DPD/DPD-Depot-Finder/Leinster/dublin-north-west

Thanks, Ciara

Thanks Ciara.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Quick question, I'm thinking of ordering a car spoiler from England, free delivery to the North and get it sent down South via you guys.

I know that the dimensions exceed the limiation and a surcharge will apply so my question is do you have an idea how much an item like that would cost? Considering its £30 to ship to Ireland directly it maybe cheaper to have you guys handle it.

If it was possible of course.

The spoiler itself is about 173cm long and maybe 3 or 4cm thick, packaging weight at a guess would be 2-5kgs max.

Hi there,

Please contact the Virtual Address customer service team to query this on 090 6480247.

Thanks, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Does anyone else have real problems getting DPD to deliver the packages?

DPD received a package for me on Monday. It didn't leave the depot yesterday and neither has it today according to the tracker. I'll have to ring them again.

Last time my package did actually go out for delivery but the driver drove past my house. I had to ring DPD. The driver turned around and told me it was in his system that the order was rescheduled for the next day.

The time before that my order didn't go out for delivery for two days. I had to ring DPD.

It shouldn't be this hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Reedsie wrote: »

DPD received a package for me on Monday. It didn't leave the depot yesterday and neither has it today according to the tracker. I'll have to ring them again.

Last time my package did actually go out for delivery but the driver drove past my house. I had to ring DPD. The driver turned around and told me it was in his system that the order was rescheduled for the next day.

The time before that my order didn't go out for delivery for two days. I had to ring DPD.

I received about 6 parcels by now, never had a problem, have you check your account Calendar to check you don't have a restriction to deliver only on specific day?

Reedsie wrote: »

Hi Reedsie,

Sorry to hear that. Please PM your tracking number so I can look into this for you.

Thanks, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

nava wrote: »
    I received about 6 parcels by now, never had a problem, have you check your account Calendar to check you don't have a restriction to deliver only on specific day?

No restrictions. I'm just off the phone with them yet again and asked was there any issue with my account and they said no. No explanation offered for the continued delays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i have two packages coming to my dpd box...address...thing , one despatched yesterday and one today. would it be possible to hold whichever arrives first until the second arrives and put them both up for delivery the same day?

it's not the fee I mind, I'd just rather not have to wait around two days in the same week for the courier. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Yes when dpd gets it you have the option of choosing what day you want it delivered

• Advertisement

strelok wrote: »
    i have two packages coming to my dpd box...address...thing , one despatched yesterday and one today. would it be possible to hold whichever arrives first until the second arrives and put them both up for delivery the same day?

it's not the fee I mind, I'd just rather not have to wait around two days in the same week for the courier. thanks

Hi there,

Yes this is possible in the "My Calendar" section. You can choose to hold at depot until a specific date.

Kind Regards, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Got my delivery again today, spot on with the texts and email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Food_lover

Where is my package???

My delivery status said that my item delivered on Mon, 15 Feb (Parcel Wizard virtual address), but until today 20th of February I haven't received any update about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF :-(

Unhappy customer
    PW142517

Food_lover wrote: »
    Where is my package???

My delivery status said that my item delivered on Mon, 15 Feb (Parcel Wizard virtual address), but until today 20th of February I haven't received any update about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF :-(

Unhappy customer
    PW142517

Hi there,

My system shows your parcel was delivered on the 17th of this month. Can you confirm that you have received it?

Thanks, Ciara

Has the Beta for the new app started yet? Have not heard back about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I think so, I know someone who got a mail last week looking for their apple ID, I didn't get 1 so probably wasn't selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Had a tracked Royal Mail delivery to DPD last Saturday.

No sign of it yet on my Parcel Wizard.

Can someone from DPD help please?

Had a tracked Royal Mail delivery to DPD last Saturday.

No sign of it yet on my Parcel Wizard.

Can someone from DPD help please?

Hi there,

Please PM your PWID so I can take a look at this for you.

Regards, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

PM sent, thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Everyone that put their name forward to be a tester will be contacted over the next week. Some testers have been chosen but there will be more in the next few days.

Thanks, Ciara

Advertisement