Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Has the Beta for the new app started yet? Have not heard back about it.

The app is nice but obviously I can tell you nothing about it due to the ND. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

The app is nice but obviously I can tell you nothing about it due to the ND. :)

Agreed. It's excellent, especially for a beta release. Can't say more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Hopefully it has in-app top-up better again in-app purchases via Apple ID. And able to see balance of top-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Food_lover

Hi there,

My system shows your parcel was delivered on the 17th of this month. Can you confirm that you have received it?

Thanks, Ciara

Hi Ciara,

This one is my second order. I received my first order that was delivered on 17th of Feb!!!

Isn't very unacceptable that my package that the status is delivered over 10 days ago and still there is no update for Parcel Wizard - DPD??? :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Also missing a parcel that was delivered to DPD on 20/02, only found out when I chased up the retailer this morning. PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

is there going to be updates how much credit we have?

at the moment we have no way of checking what your account balance has.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Food_lover wrote: »
    Hi Ciara,

This one is my second order. I received my first order that was delivered on 17th of Feb!!!

Isn't very unacceptable that my package that the status is delivered over 10 days ago and still there is no update for Parcel Wizard - DPD??? :-(

Hi there,

One of the members of the Parcel Wizard team will give you a call you on this shortly.

Thanks, Ciara

5star02707 wrote: »
    is there going to be updates how much credit we have?

at the moment we have no way of checking what your account balance has.

Hi there,

Yes, the functionality will be part of a site update coming soon.
    Thanks for your patience.

Regards, Ciara

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi,

I had a delivery from DPD today. When ordering I'd left instructions on where the package should be left and also left a contact number in case no one was home.

However neither of these were done and the package was left with a neighbor. I don't know why this was done, I certainly didn't intend for a neighbor (who I don't know in the slightest) to be bothered by this.

I don't think it is good practice at all to be deliberately delivering things to the wrong address and considering this job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

do they have main land address??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

lovehathi wrote: »
    do they have main land address??

Parcel Wizard does not have UK mainland address, only the address up North.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I asked one of reps before but can i get confirmation would parcel of :

Package size: 73cm(L) x 37.5cm(W) x 65.5cm(H)
    Net weight/Gross Weight: 19.8kg/23kg
    PC mesh chair.

would be accepted by PW and delivered and would same charge apply or would it cost extra,since been looking at item for some time now on amazon and,dont want to end up with something that could bounce back and then lose money if it wasn't accepted by pw for dimensions/weight and dealing with refunds if such situation occurred.thx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

maximoose wrote: »
    Also missing a parcel that was delivered to DPD on 20/02, only found out when I chased up the retailer this morning. PM sent

No fault of DPD in the end, just Yodel acting the maggot as usual :rolleyes:

scamalert wrote: »
    I asked one of reps before but can i get confirmation would parcel of :

Package size: 73cm(L) x 37.5cm(W) x 65.5cm(H)
    Net weight/Gross Weight: 19.8kg/23kg
    PC mesh chair.

would be accepted by PW and delivered and would same charge apply or would it cost extra,since been looking at item for some time now on amazon and,dont want to end up with something that could bounce back and then lose money if it wasn't accepted by pw for dimensions/weight and dealing with refunds if such situation occurred.thx

Hi there,

We are flexible up to a point, that package will make it through but we do ask that PW members stick to these dimensions: Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

Thanks,
    Ciara

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had a delivery from DPD today. When ordering I'd left instructions on where the package should be left and also left a contact number in case no one was home.

However neither of these were done and the package was left with a neighbor. I don't know why this was done, I certainly didn't intend for a neighbor (who I don't know in the slightest) to be bothered by this.

I don't think it is good practice at all to be deliberately delivering things to the wrong address and considering this job done.

Hi Adrian,

Sorry to hear that. Please PM your tracking number so I can see where the instructions fell down.

Thanks,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Doge wrote: »
    Just confirming that I received a text and an email for a package that arrived up the north, so the email system is definitely working.
    Its nice to have text alert also. :)

Text messaging works i receive a text every time they get my parcel and just before they about to deliver, just make sure your phone number has Ireland's code which is 353

check your DPD "my account" and make sure on my mobile phone numbers it is 3538XXXXXXXX and have it set up as active alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

Another perfect delivery from PW. (DPD driver even knows his way here now). Bought some door handles to match ours - no longer made - from a uk eBay hardware shop that didn't post to Ireland anyway but free to NI. 3 days from ordering to my doorstep. I couldn't be more pleased with PW service.

The whole Royal Mail issue of them delivering packages to the Parcel Motel depot badly needs to be looked at.

I had a Royal Mail delivery "delivered" somewhere that was meant to be DPD's Parcel Wizard depot. The package is lost and DPD reckon it likely ended up at Parcel Motel "because that happens sometimes".

I know it's Royal Mail's issue at the root, but if DPD want customers to be comfortable ordering packages, they need to address this ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's a cop out by dpd if you ask me, something goes missing. They pass the blame on rather than trying to sort it out

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's a cop out by dpd if you ask me, something goes missing. They pass the blame on rather than trying to sort it out

Sorry, but how is it DPD's problem if Royal Mail don't do their job properly? The address is on the package. It's just laziness on Royal Mail's part to read it properly.

You can only expect so much from DPD with regards to the misdelivered mail. I know from experience Royal Mail are TERRIBLE to deal with with missing or misdelivered packages. I contacted them and got nowhere with their customer care.

It's been discussed at length here before anyway. Months ago. It's a Royal Mail issue. Full stop. DPD are not responsible - how can they be, when they haven't even touched the mail in the first place?!

• Advertisement

In that case DPD need a systemic approach to looping in with Nightline to sort the issue.

I asked the lady how often they exchange packages with Nightline.

"We don't know, every few days, maybe once a week".

That's beyond ridiculous.

In that case DPD need a systemic approach to looping in with Nightline to sort the issue.

I asked the lady how often they exchange packages with Nightline.

"We don't know, every few days, maybe once a week".

That's beyond ridiculous.

DPD shouldn't have to do that though. It's RoyalMail's fault in the first place for misdelivering it! They need to sit down with DPD to fix their own issue.

Techmaster wrote: »
    DPD shouldn't have to do that though. It's RoyalMail's fault in the first place for misdelivering it! They need to sit down with DPD to fix their own issue.

And until then, DPD need to get the finger out and alleviate their customer's concerns for this known issue.

And until then, DPD need to get the finger out and alleviate their customer's concerns for this known issue.

You're only their customer for delivery from their depot. Whoever you choose to deliver to them is your problem.

Basil3 wrote: »
    You're only their customer for delivery from their depot. Whoever you choose to deliver to them is your problem.

So tell me why I should be confident ordering from a UK site, who may use Royal Mail, and getting this delivered to Parcel Wizard?

Sure, the company I'm ordering from should hold Royal Mail accountable for losing their package; but it's not a refund / replacement I'm worried about. I prefer to receive my items in an optimal timeframe.

Whether it's their fault or not, it's affecting their customer base. They should alleviate it somehow.

It is dpds issue, how can I change who royal mail delivery to? They chose to pick the same town as parcel motel, at least inform the post office that they operate there and ensure all packages are delivered.

I've no problem with PM getting packages sent to the wrong place.

They're currently too many problems with the service, the drivers being the biggest one. I understand they can be busy, but at least call, mine ust got thrown into a business I live beside because he couldn't be bothered to tell me he was outside.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Hi guys!

I can see that Royal Mail deliveries are being brought back as an issue. We can assure you that we are not just standing by and ignoring the situation. We've had a lot of meetings with Royal Mail, to try and resolve this issue and we've seen significant results since last December.

Rossieman - I can see on our system that you had 3 deliveries from us in December and nothing after that. We'd welcome you to try out our service again and tell us what you think. Repeating complaints of the past doesn't do anyone any good. Those are issues that have already been reported and dealt with. Nevertheless, if you've had a bad experience with one of our drivers in the past few days, we'd love to help. Again, that's what we're here for.

We'd love to make Royal Mail's service better and more efficient. We're currently focusing on our operations, but it's definitely something that we're working on. :)

I've had 4 deliveries ;) I'll have to give you another chance I suppose. It's getting it delivered that's the issue, will have to redirect my delivery address to work, but I'll give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bfd222

If you intend on using DPD Parcel Wizard insure the seller uses a tracked and signed for service or the item will go missing when it gets to DPD Parcel Wizard in Antrim. Has happened to me twice now. I won’t be using DPD ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I've had 17 deliveries since Nov and no problems at all.

Advertisement