Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I've had 5 deliveries all ran like clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

7 deliveries and all of them was perfectly delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bfd222

tk123 wrote: »
    I've had 17 deliveries since Nov and no problems at all.

Where all of yours sent tracked and sign?

All of the items I had sent tracked and signed for went with out a hitch.

Two that were not never came.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

bfd222 wrote: »
    Where all of yours sent tracked and sign?

All of the items I had sent tracked and signed for went with out a hitch.

Two that were not never came.

Not all of them.

Fair enough. I must just be unlucky. I have phoned DPD and they did call the depot in Antrim. Waiting to see if the latest missing item turns up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

Hi, the first time this happened was last thursday, I put it down to the sellers storage condition of the items I purchased(12" vinyl records).

Today I've received another package, that's literally got muck on the front and back of it and a very prominent wet patch on the back, I took out the vinyl and the sleeve off the vinyl was soaked, wrinkled and coming apart at the seams.

I've been using these for a little over a month now and never had any problems like this before but the first one that arrived last week, the vinyl are all unplayable, sound absolutely in bits, like you wouldn't give these away, I've not had a chance to listen to this other lot yet(fingers crossed).

My question is, has anyone else experienced this from Parcel Wizard? I've used other companies in the past(which I obviously won't name) but I never experienced this, especially not two deliveries in a row, luckily these weren't very rare vinyl, which I actually do buy often enough and even have done so thru Parcel Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Threads Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Used the first 3 free deliveries and they were spot on, Last 2 deliveries have gone missing and no one knows where is it.

i noticed seller didn't put my PW id on parcel so that might be issue but my name and virtual address is correct so DPD should have it, it was supposed to be delievered on 13th of feb.

I sent PM already, can mods please check on this?

Never happened with PM, BTW.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

intbn wrote: »
    Hi, the first time this happened was last thursday, I put it down to the sellers storage condition of the items I purchased(12" vinyl records).

Today I've received another package, that's literally got muck on the front and back of it and a very prominent wet patch on the back, I took out the vinyl and the sleeve off the vinyl was soaked, wrinkled and coming apart at the seams.

I've been using these for a little over a month now and never had any problems like this before but the first one that arrived last week, the vinyl are all unplayable, sound absolutely in bits, like you wouldn't give these away, I've not had a chance to listen to this other lot yet(fingers crossed).

My question is, has anyone else experienced this from Parcel Wizard? I've used other companies in the past(which I obviously won't name) but I never experienced this, especially not two deliveries in a row, luckily these weren't very rare vinyl, which I actually do buy often enough and even have done so thru Parcel Wizard.

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear that. I understand you have emailed parcelwizard@dpd.ie. One of my colleagues will be in contact today to resolve the situation.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

bfd222 wrote: »
    Fair enough. I must just be unlucky. I have phoned DPD and they did call the depot in Antrim. Waiting to see if the latest missing item turns up.

Me again. My two missing parcels have turned up and are on there way to me. Long story as to why it happened and can't be certain either. Some parcels end up with Parcel Motel which is also in Newtownabbey. Parcel Monkey then ask the delivering courier to bring them to Parcel Wizard but they are not to quick about this sometimes. Also I contact the seller in the UK about one of them who contacted Royal Mail who started an investigation and the next day it turned up. So who knows. Main thing is they are on there way to me. Parcel Wizard have been brilliant the whole time. Very patient at explaining what might have happened and called me as soon as they arrived. First class all round. I have gone from never using again to can't recommend them enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It would be great to see a photo of parcels in the depot like Parcel Motel do, just to have an idea of whats on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

maximoose wrote: »
    It would be great to see a photo of parcels in the depot like Parcel Motel do, just to have an idea of whats on the way.

+1

I have/had 3 parcels on their way through PW at the moment and notified one was for delivery today. I wasn't sure if it was fitness weights or one of the 2 light weight small packages. If I knew for sure it was the heavy one I would have driven to collect it rather than now having to drag it to the bus 1.5 KM away.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

maximoose wrote: »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass on all suggestions to the powers that be.

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The the Royal Mail package I had delivered to DPD PW last week has now turned up, and it's on it's way to me tomorrow.

Not sure what happened and why it's not turning up, but I have a replacement from Amazon also on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

This has probably been asked before but do DPD log the package when it arrives at the UK address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They do yeah, you get an email/text to say it has arrived with them in Belfast

That is a huge plus as is the fact that they have a rep here.

Just tried to register & nothing happens when I click the register button after inputting my phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Just used this service for the first time. I used to always use parcel motel, but as I have to drive 24 miles round trip to pickup from the locker, this makes more sense. Delighted with the service, a little more complex than parcel motel but the fact that you can schedule the parcel delivery to suit yourself is fantastic. Will be using the service again in future instead of parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi all,

I'm about to use this service for the first time (I've never used this or Parcel Motel before so excuse my ignorance).

Am I right in saying that I just need to pay my €3.85 and my address when ordering something online is:

PWXXXXXXX
    DPD Parcel Wizard
    Unit 5 Trench Park
    Trench Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co. Antrim

Postcode: BT36 4LB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm about to use this service for the first time (I've never used this or Parcel Motel before so excuse my ignorance).

Am I right in saying that I just need to pay my €3.85 and my address when ordering something online is:

PWXXXXXXX
    DPD Parcel Wizard
    Unit 5 Trench Park
    Trench Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co. Antrim

thats it

• Advertisement

The the Royal Mail package I had delivered to DPD PW last week has now turned up, and it's on it's way to me tomorrow.

Not sure what happened and why it's not turning up, but I have a replacement from Amazon also on the way.

so what is it and how much lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

thats it

Thanks. :)

Is there anywhere on the site to check how many deliveries you have paid for etc? For example, I paid my €3.85 via PayPal but can't see anywhere on the site that I can check this has been added to my account nor have I received any confirmation from DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭maik3n

Thanks. :)

Is there anywhere on the site to check how many deliveries you have paid for etc? For example, I paid my €3.85 via PayPal but can't see anywhere on the site that I can check this has been added to my account nor have I received any confirmation from DPD.
    Your paypal transaction email is your only proof of purchase.

Following our suggestions though, Parcel wizard are looking into adding some kind of balance checker inside your profile/account. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

We ordered a Washing Machine Drum from Hotpoint Spares in UK on 25th Feb - well still hadnt received delivery so we got in Touch with Hotpoint spares in UK who informed us that the courier (DPD) returned it to their warehouse because they could not 'find the address' in Ireland!! - there was a mobile (my wife's) number on the order, would it have been too much trouble for DPD to phone my wife to ask directions to our address instead of sending the part all the way back to the UK? ... now we have got to wait for delivery yet again of this part and Hotpoint spares wanted to charge us courier delivery charge again for this part , but we were adamant and told them , no way and that they will have to sort it out with DPD - its not our fault we was not given a call by DPD or whoever just because no-one could have had the decency to call to try and find out address to deliver it to. I dont want to hear 'we tried calling the phone number and there was no answer' because can surely try more than one phone call and / or also SMS text to the number or leave answer on mobile phone answering machine. Its terrible service. if the address was not found why couldnt the item have been took back to DPD depot and held there for a while until the contact number was successful instead of sending it right back to the UK?

maik3n wrote: »
    Your paypal transaction email is your only proof of purchase.

Following our suggestions though, Parcel wizard are looking into adding some kind of balance checker inside your profile/account. :D

this would be handy, i had a parcel held thinking i had credit on my account but i had used it all, the parcel wizaed app looks good, ive been using a beta version

Discodog wrote: »
    That is a huge plus as is the fact that they have a rep here.

Just tried to register & nothing happens when I click the register button after inputting my phone number.

Hi there,

Are you still having difficulty with registration? If you'd like to PM your PWID I can get IT to have a look at that.

Thanks,
    Ciara

Hi all,

PWXXXXXXX
    DPD Parcel Wizard
    Unit 5 Trench Park
    Trench Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co. Antrim

Hi Paully,

Thanks for signing up :) As Firestarter has stated....yes that's the correct address!

Thanks,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks DPD :) Just got the following email after I submitted my name for testing the new app but I wasn't selected.
    DPD wrote:
    Hi!

We have some great news for all of those that put their name forward to test our new app. Your Parcel Wizard account has been topped up with 1 free trip!

We've had lots and lots of applications and we tried our best to accommodate as many as possible.

This is our way of showing our sincere gratitude and we'd like to keep your information on file for future reference.

Hi there,

Are you still having difficulty with registration? If you'd like to PM your PWID I can get IT to have a look at that.

Thanks,
    Ciara

Sorted Thanks.

How about adding a second address, like a neighbour, who can sign & hold the parcel ?

• Advertisement

We ordered a Washing Machine Drum from Hotpoint Spares in UK on 25th Feb - well still hadnt received delivery so we got in Touch with Hotpoint spares in UK who informed us that the courier (DPD) returned it to their warehouse because they could not 'find the address' in Ireland!! - there was a mobile (my wife's) number on the order, would it have been too much trouble for DPD to phone my wife to ask directions to our address instead of sending the part all the way back to the UK? ... now we have got to wait for delivery yet again of this part and Hotpoint spares wanted to charge us courier delivery charge again for this part , but we were adamant and told them , no way and that they will have to sort it out with DPD - its not our fault we was not given a call by DPD or whoever just because no-one could have had the decency to call to try and find out address to deliver it to. I dont want to hear 'we tried calling the phone number and there was no answer' because can surely try more than one phone call and / or also SMS text to the number or leave answer on mobile phone answering machine. Its terrible service. if the address was not found why couldnt the item have been took back to DPD depot and held there for a while until the contact number was successful instead of sending it right back to the UK?

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please request the tracking number for this delivery from your sender. I can't look into the specifics of this consignment without the tracking number.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement