Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Hi Ciara / Liam,

An item I ordered on Amazon was shipped by DPD UK but instead of it ending up at the UK Virtual Address in Antrim,
    There was an attempted delivery in Birmingham instead!

I have contacted the Amazon seller to see if I was given the wrong tracking number, and if not requested them to contact DPD UK.

I was wondering if you guys would have any dealings with DPD in the UK being the same company?

I think it's ironic the first courier to fail to deliver my package to DPD Parcel Wizard is DPD themselves! :P

Thanks,
    Doge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please request the tracking number for this delivery from your sender. I can't look into the specifics of this consignment without the tracking number.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Ok thanks, will try and get a Tracking Number - but seeing as its been delivered back to the company I might not be able to get it - ho-hum another call then I have to make to UK number to get the tracking number! :mad: - why couldnt the DPD depot/Driver just simply give us a call or text message on the supplied mobile phone number before sending it back all the way to the UK!, would make life so much simpler!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Turns out I was sent the wrong tracking number in the end so that's resolved!

For the first time my package will take 2 days to get from Antrim to the local depot for delivery.

It's usually the next day. Is it due to an increase in packages being sent through?

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Doge wrote: »
    Turns out I was sent the wrong tracking number in the end so that's resolved!

For the first time my package will take 2 days to get from Antrim to the local depot for delivery.

It's usually the next day. Is it due to an increase in packages being sent through?

Hi Doge,

Glad that is sorted. Don't worry..we will continue our 1day delivery from our UK Virtual Address to your local depot.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Discodog wrote: »
    Sorted Thanks.

How about adding a second address, like a neighbour, who can sign & hold the parcel ?

Hi there,

Once you are signed in to your account, go to "My Addresses". You will find an "Add Address" button there. You can save multiple addresses to your account.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sitamoia

Hi Ciara, is there a date when the balance/credit issue will be sorted? Thanks

Sitamoia wrote: »
    Hi Ciara, is there a date when the balance/credit issue will be sorted? Thanks

Hi Sitamoia,

I can't confirm an exact date at the moment but the awesome updates and improvements will be introduced in the near future.

Thanks,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭trixiebust

My second time using PW. Parcel arrived in Antrim on Thursday, and was delivered Friday morning. Will be using again !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Just signed up with PW, I was with PM since they started but I like the idea of getting deliveries to my door, I have €3.30 left in my PM account so can I get a refund?...has anyone been in this position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

lensman wrote: »
    Just signed up with PW, I was with PM since they started but I like the idea of getting deliveries to my door, I have €3.30 left in my PM account so can I get a refund?...has anyone been in this position.

you wont regret leaving parcel motel, this is much easier
    as for the few quid left on the account you would be better off on a parcel motel thread or even contacting them via twitter or phone, they are on the ball with twitter when ever ive had to contact them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

you wont regret leaving parcel motel, this is much easier

Possibly easier if theres someone there to accept delivery, definitely not easier if you have to queue in the P/O and its a lot slower than parcel motel so you wouldn't want to be in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Possibly easier if theres someone there to accept delivery, definitely not easier if you have to queue in the P/O and its a lot slower than parcel motel so you wouldn't want to be in a hurry.
    Yes but as you can have parcel delivered to you at work or to a neighbour etc it has lots of options. My second delivery is due today no driving miles to a parcel motel locker to pickup. I'll not use parcel motel again this is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Same here, have had around 20 parcels delivered to my work now - much handier than a trip to a PM locker in the evening (especially after moving, locker is quite a trip away now).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Why would you be queing in the PO for DPD deliveries, me thinks your on wrong thread and need the an address pal one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

My main reasons for switching from PM to PW is that my local pickup boxes are gone, they were 5min walk away & PM removed them, now it's a bus journey every time, also I chose PM's home delivery option for my last UK bought item & my account balance went from €18.80 down to €3.30 so it actually cost me €15.50, the sender gave me the box dimensions which were within PM's standard size but for some reason they double boxed the item which added 2cm to the width & PM charged for an oversize delivery. Other then the above I thought PM was a 1st class service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I'm a regular user of Parcel Wizard now, I've had several deliverys since Christmas. Todays was absolutely flawless, ordered an item from the UK at 8am Monday morning, it was shipped that evening by DHL from London to East Midlands airport, it flew to Belfast yesterday morning at 5am and was delivered to DPD's Belfast Depot at 12noon, DPD delivered it to my doorstep today at 11am. Next day delivery by DPD and it was a total of 50 hours from London to here in rural South Kerry. Excellent service.

Could a DPD Representative PM me as I have absolutely no idea what my Balance is in my account as it doesn't display it when I log in; as I'd like to keep it in credit as I'd always have a few parcels coming.

why are you queuing up in a post office for parcel wizard dpd who deliver to home work or even the neighbour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ordered from a seller on Amazon.

Don't think the seller used a tracked service to send the item.

Will DPD refuse it at the Northern Ireland depot if it's not a signed-for delivery service??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Will DPD refuse it at the Northern Ireland depot if it's not a signed-for delivery service??
    No, it doesn't have to be tracked, once it has you name and PW number on it you're sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Hi Revz

Your dad is more than welcome to sign up and become a Parcel Wizard member regardless of it being the same address the only thing is the offer of 3 free deliveries ends on December the 31st so to avail of them he would need to be doing some online shopping pretty soon! Even if he does not use the free trips there are many advantages of being a Parcel Wizard member.

Regards
    Liam

Liam - I sent you a PM 3 days ago with a query. Also used your contact form on your website to send same query - no response from either.

Still waiting on a reply to an e-mail I sent back in November too...

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Hi there,

It won't be refused but I do recommend using traceable/signed for service.

Regards,
    Liam

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Liam - I sent you a PM 3 days ago with a query. Also used your contact form on your website to send same query - no response from either.

Still waiting on a reply to an e-mail I sent back in November too...

Hi Kenny,

Apologies for the delay. I've just replied to your PM. If you have any other queries please PM me.

Regards,
    Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shortbread

Is anyone else having problems with the Parcel Wizard depot in Antrim losing items after they have arrived there? It's happened to me twice in the past few weeks and they just seem to wash their hands of it, so I think I'm done with PW and going back to Parcel Motel. They signed for an item for me 13 days ago, I've provided them with the Royal Mail tracking details and online signature and they are still saying they 'probably' never got it. They don't seem to photograph or record items as they arrive. Their latest suggestion is that it could have gone to Parcel Motel, as if PM are in the habit of signing for items clearly addressed to Parcel Wizard. Do they just give a standard denial of all knowledge about items when lost?

Shortbread wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with the Parcel Wizard depot in Antrim losing items after they have arrived there? It's happened to me twice in the past few weeks and they just seem to wash their hands of it, so I think I'm done with PW and going back to Parcel Motel. They signed for an item for me 13 days ago, I've provided them with the Royal Mail tracking details and online signature and they are still saying they 'probably' never got it. They don't seem to photograph or record items as they arrive. Their latest suggestion is that it could have gone to Parcel Motel, as if PM are in the habit of signing for items clearly addressed to Parcel Wizard. Do they just give a standard denial of all knowledge about items when lost?

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Could you please PM the proof of delivery from Royal Mail. I will look into this immediately for you.

Thanks,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Parcel showing as "Out for Delivery" now. Are DPD doing Saturday deliveries now or is it a glitch? Didn't get a text or email though.

EDIT: It came! Nice stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Hi Kenny,

Apologies for the delay. I've just replied to your PM. If you have any other queries please PM me.

Regards,
    Liam

Any reason why your company ignores e-mail queries? I sent a mail back in November - no reply. And I sent one last Monday - no reply.

Any reason why your company ignores e-mail queries? I sent a mail back in November - no reply. And I sent one last Monday - no reply.

Use Twitter, almost instant response, best way to contact any company these days

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Says my current credit balance is 2? What does this mean exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

brijay wrote: »
    Says my current credit balance is 2? What does this mean exactly

That means you have 2 prepaid deliveries left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

That means you have 2 prepaid deliveries left.

Cheers. Wonder how that is I only purchased one hmm? Suppose I shouldn't be complaining.

Advertisement