Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

After 6 months of operations, you weren't aware your "Contact Us" web form doesn't work?

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

After 6 months of operations, you weren't aware your "Contact Us" web form doesn't work?

Thanks for bringing your particular issue to our attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

couldnt find info within last few pages but a while back got email with extra free delivery to PW due to app testing etc.But in my account cant see anywhere any mention of how many deliveries i have nor any credits-looked trough most of website and help section any input appreciated,since no idea if i have free delivery or will need to pay.thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

scamalert wrote: »
    couldnt find info within last few pages but a while back got email with extra free delivery to PW due to app testing etc.But in my account cant see anywhere any mention of how many deliveries i have nor any credits-looked trough most of website and help section any input appreciated,since no idea if i have free delivery or will need to pay.thx.

I did the app testing and they paid €20 into PayPal
    No free deliveries only the test delivery of a travel mug and pen

i didnt proceed with app testing,just applied after getting first email,thus left it at that,but later got email due to so many requests etc,they were giving free delivery :confused: see now further back that theres no system in place to tell if any deliveries are left,thus emailed one of the reps my pw id.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

i didnt proceed with app testing,just applied after getting first email,thus left it at that,but later got email due to so many requests etc,they were giving free delivery :confused: see now further back that theres no system in place to tell if any deliveries are left,thus emailed one of the reps my pw id.

Check you last notification e-mail, it has a note in there stating "Your current credit balance is x".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

I have to say I'm absolutely delighted with my service and driver in the North Cork City area. :)

I even had light bulbs delivered from mainland UK which had no protection / bubble wrap and arrived perfect.

Thats a testament to how well the packages are handled along the way, at least with my depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Tried to register a new account using ...
    Firefox (45.0.1)
    then Chrome (49)
    and finally IE (10).

All failed with a variety of errors, I think it's safe to say your registration form is broken. I'll try again later from a different location in case it's some odd proxy thing in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

hi any chnace i could get a number to call im waiting for something for a long time

Tried to register a new account using ...
    Firefox (45.0.1)
    then Chrome (49)
    and finally IE (10).

All failed with a variety of errors, I think it's safe to say your registration form is broken. I'll try again later from a different location in case it's some odd proxy thing in work.

Hi there,

There's no problem with registration on this side but i have let the IT dept know. Thanks for the feedback. If you have any further issues please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
    Ciara

• Advertisement

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    hi any chnace i could get a number to call im waiting for something for a long time

Hi Ger,

Apologies for the delay. You can call customer service on 090 6420500.

Thanks,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Hi Ciara.

Any update on whether you are going to operate a "send" service suitable for general public? (as in collection of parcels rather than delivery)

I see parcel motel do it from their lockers or instore locations but their weight restriction of 10kg catches me as my parcels are around 11/12 kg.

I would have less than 15 parcels in the year so too small for your business service.

Thanks.

frankz wrote: »
    Hi Ciara.

Any update on whether you are going to operate a "send" service suitable for general public? (as in collection of parcels rather than delivery)

I see parcel motel do it from their lockers or instore locations but their weight restriction of 10kg catches me as my parcels are around 11/12 kg.

I would have less than 15 parcels in the year so too small for your business service.

Thanks.

Hi there,

This is definitely something that we hope to roll out in the near future. I don't have a timeline for this at the moment.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used it before and got responses remarkably fast. I emailed about other things and always got unusually fast responses which is why I was surprised others had trouble.

Have used it twice now and its ideal for me, several advantages over PM.

PM could easily fix the main issues I have with them, the main one being the weekend issue, every person I spoke to who has used PM has been stung by it -(i.e. having to collect over the weekend which does not suit them).

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

I am looking to buy a very large shipment of items, that won't deliver to the republic of Ireland.
    Only N.I.

Are there any services available similar to Parcel Wizard?

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    I am looking to buy a very large shipment of items, that won't deliver to the republic of Ireland.
    Only N.I.

depends really what your buying and from where - if its huge stuff your better off contacting seller and working out some DHL,UPS deal,since they manage all sizes,thus if single shipment and from one location might be expensive but think only option,otherwise contact DPD to see how much extra youd be looking at.

Only N.I.

I had an electric car delivered for my small fella
    The box was six foot long and four foot wide
    I contacted dpd parcel wizard and they said they would let me know if there was any surcharge on the usual payment
    Nothing extra to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

I contacted dpd parcel wizard and they said they would let me know if there was any surcharge on the usual payment
    Nothing extra to pay

I'm talking about a large shipment, around 25-30 board games.
    I've contacted the seller, and also trying to contact DPD to see how much I would be charged.

I'm talking about a large shipment, around 25-30 board games.
    I've contacted the seller, and also trying to contact DPD to see how much I would be charged.

Can't the seller just batch it in three lots
    I thought 6x4x3 was a fairly large size to get for the price

Latest update: Saturday, 9 Apr

09:07
    Your parcel was delivered
    Newtownabbey DO

anyone know how long does it take to appear in future deliveries once parcel is handed to NI ?since mine came in on sat,but checked today still nothing on future deliveries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Newtownabbey DO

anyone know how long does it take to appear in future deliveries once parcel is handed to NI ?since mine came in on sat,but checked today still nothing on future deliveries.

As soon as it's checked in (you have received a text/email), it should show up in future deliveries straight away.

that was from amazon site,no email or sms.wonder does it have to get to Irish depot or Saturday is day off in NI thus scrambling trough stuff come Monday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

that was from amazon site,no email or sms.wonder does it have to get to Irish depot or Saturday is day off in NI thus scrambling trough stuff come Monday ?

I think maybe they only do a half day in NI depot on Saturday's. I would say it will get checked in this afternoon.

Toxica wrote: »
    I think maybe they only do a half day in NI depot on Saturday's. I would say it will get checked in this afternoon.
    Yeah got message just now about delivery 2morrow,thus seems all well ,guess they dont process deliveries on sat when they land in NI depo,since they wouldnt be delivering anyway,thus cant complain.So far good ,no bad experiences in using dpd over years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

Nothing extra to pay

Hey, I don't suppose you know how much it weighted?
    I wonder if it's down to the discretion of the particular driver for your area, would be good to know, if there was a definitive answer.

intbn wrote: »
    Hey, I don't suppose you know how much it weighted?
    I wonder if it's down to the discretion of the particular driver for your area, would be good to know, if there was a definitive answer.

It was about 20kg
    It's not up to the driver because they charge you before delivering it
    When I messaged the guy on Twitter he said it was just over the size so it might pass and if not they would inform me first
    Heard nothing and no extra charge

if you can find my post i asked rep here before about getting chair delivered,
    the weight was 20kgs-23kgs,dimensions if i remember correctly 70cm by 50 or so not beyond 80cm.Response was it was withing their max limits-something to do with conveyor if i remember correctly etc,thus could be down really to sorting facility as things go,thus your best bet would be to get exact dimensions of your parcel,then to pass them to rep here or on phone,etc and see what they can work out.

My thinking is dpd can handle large items,had some delivered within Ireland as in size.Thus extra cost would most likely be applied if transporting it directly from uk/ni by them,since dpd is major courier in UK as you track many items you can see sometimes it directly gets handled to dpd there,thus they incur extra delivery charges of transporting,where if some other courier handles it to delivery point it might be fine with them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

It was about 20kg
    It's not up to the driver because they charge you before delivering it
    When I messaged the guy on Twitter he said it was just over the size so it might pass and if not they would inform me first
    Heard nothing and no extra charge

I see, their weight limit is 20kg(as you may already know) so perhaps it was just under that, thanks gor gettin back to me so fast!

Newtownabbey DO

Hi scamalert, items received into our Virtual Address on Saturday are processed on Monday and will appear in your "Future Deliveries" before end of business that day and will be delivered to you the following day.
    Regards
    Ciara

• Advertisement

Hi and thx Ciara,rcvd sms this morning and guy wasn't a minute late,he popped item trough my mail box slim box of cables so no harm,given overall experience took a while to get it,but once amazon delivered it sailed trough fast,so will def be using this service again.

Also note as from previous poster question,it would be nice to get more detailed info on sizes accepted by dpd/PW and say additional costs,and maybe added info for future deliveries say fragile item -that one could leave note before hand,since know site is still in progress - but that aside it would be good touch to have note attached to some items,since compared to PM you do larger parcels,and its usually shippers task to make them secure,but imagine people would be using it in future to buy laptops,desktops and other items that would require safe handling while doing transfers -just suggestion to pass on i guess.

Advertisement