Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Get NI address with your Parcelwizard ID to be used
    • Get UK vendor to deliver to NI
    • DPD get's the parcel in their NI Depot
    • DPD sends you an e-mail/sms once received with tracking number
    • DPD sends the parcel to the address you marked as "home" during signup
    • You can change the delivery address online via a calendar function or per parcel.

Cheers

I take it so they don't have a GB address so? I just singed up to Parcel Motel and noticed their address is also NI. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Seve OB wrote: »
    Cheers

I take it so they don't have a GB address so? I just singed up to Parcel Motel and noticed their address is also NI. :(

Parcelmotel and Parcelwizard have NI addresses, AnPost has a mainland address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Is it just me or has the reliability of the service gone down a little in the past month?

My last parcels always had problems.

Never mind that when the sender uses DPD UK the parcel goes from UK to Athlone and than to Malusk and back to Athlone to come to me. Why they don't stop it in Athlone is beyond me, especially as I'm getting the DPD UK has requested that we deliver something to you in NI via e-mail, sms, app and parcelwizard interface.

These days I get the advance e-mail notice from DPD Ireland about my parcel hours before it actually shows up in either the App or online in the web interface. SMS come 24 hours after the e-mail is send.

Than the parcel has the last scan in HUB with no further progress and despite that it should be overnight from NI to me parcels now take 2 days.

When I contact CS about the parcel not making progress, I'm getting a generic "I have checked your account and your delivery is out today as noted in the e-mail" despite it being clear there is an issue because there is no scan after the Athlone Hub.

Is there too many people using this now and hence they can't cope or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Did anyone try getting a large TV through PW yet? How much did you end up paying for delivery?

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Toxica wrote: »
    Did anyone try getting a large TV through PW yet? How much did you end up paying for delivery?

Hi Toxica,

Large screen TVs will not be accepted through our Virtual Address. Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm. We are flexible up to a point.

Thanks,
    Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Hi Toxica,

Large screen TVs will not be accepted through our Virtual Address. Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm. We are flexible up to a point.

Thanks,
    Ciara

So, if something arrives that is over 20kg and those dimensions, what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It'll go to the skip. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm. We are flexible up to a point.
    can you give any indication of what would definitely be refused, or if weight is the main issue.

I have regularly gotten boxes outside those dimensions, but probably only 3 kilos or so. Like a box containing bicycle tires maybe 90cm x 90cm x 15cm.

I would always be collecting at the depot too if that makes a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

The PW hub up north does not seem to process deliveries on Irish bank holidays it seems even though it's a UK hub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

The PW hub up north does not seem to process deliveries on Irish bank holidays it seems even though it's a UK hub.

Where would they send it ? A closed depot ??

• Advertisement

Where would they send it ? A closed depot ??

But does not even come up as pending with a delivery date as Wednesday, Not not even bothered to scan, Abit odd.

Can still process it up north to it go out the Republic tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Hi, how can I check my credit balance?

brijay wrote: »
    Hi, how can I check my credit balance?

You can't on the website, Have to contact them and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

expecting my 1st PW delivery tomorrow, item was dispatched from UK on the 3rd so not bad going, I was a loyal PM customer since they started but door to door delivery was a game clincher for me.:D

lensman wrote: »
    expecting my 1st PW delivery tomorrow, item was dispatched from UK on the 3rd so not bad going, I was a loyal PM customer since they started but door to door delivery was a game clincher for me.:D

Yes I love the Wizard too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Yes I love the Wizard too :D
    I only wish you could check your balance online, I read old posts since before Xmas highlighting this but PW haven't taken it on board.

lensman wrote: »
    I only wish you could check your balance online, I read old posts since before Xmas highlighting this but PW haven't taken it on board.

When you get an email alert telling you about your delivery it has the balance on the email as far as I know
    I keep mine topped up 5 at a time because I've noticed it delays delivery when I have no credit

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Ciara, I've sent you a PM on a package size query. If it's too big for PW service can you come back to me with a price as soon as possible as I want to order as soon as possible.

Thanks.

V1llianous wrote: »
    Ciara, I've sent you a PM on a package size query. If it's too big for PW service can you come back to me with a price as soon as possible as I want to order as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Just order it
    Parcel wizard are very generous with the size limits
    I had a 6 foot ride on car for my small fella and didn't have to pay any extra and the box was enormous
    Very happy small fella ( and me lol)

Wizard app is now live folks
    It is very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It is very good

google.png

apple.png

Get all the benefits of dpdparcelwizard.ie plus some additional great features. Not going to be home for a delivery. No problem!
    With Parcel Wizard’s App we'll send you push notifications to your phone instantly informing you about the status of your deliveries, allowing you to reschedule or arrange a suitable alternative all from your phone.
    We put you in full control. You can easily create your own custom delivery schedules to ensure no missed deliveries. The Parcel Wizard app will even tell you who your driver is and how many stops away they are!

I've used them 34 times since Christmas
    Need to calm down this online shopping lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

It is very good

Yes very good, what it's missing is the option to see balance/credit remaining or I can't see it.

nava wrote: »
    Yes very good, what it's missing is the option to see balance/credit remaining or I can't see it.

It wasn't on the beta when I tested it
    Only way to see the remaining balance is on the email when they receive it, down on the left mine said

3 left

It's a shame but no doubt they will add it eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

+1 on the new app, it is very slick and polished indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

I've just completed their online survey. I was hoping they'd ask was there anything else you'd like to see on the website - was going to say ability to view remaining credit balance as I can't understand why this is taking so long to add. I know I won't bulk buying my credits until I can track them in my account but if you have credits already bought, I would think you're likely to use the service more. So I would honestly have thought it was in DPD's interest to add this asap.

Otherwise it's a brilliant service as I've said before. Used it about twice a month this year and never yet had a problem. We used to have stuff sent to my father-in-law in the UK for my husband to pick up on his visits over. No need for that now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Have been a Parcel Motel user for a a couple of years but decided to try PW as the PM lockers are a good drive away. Have to say i'm impressed and will be using it again. Its certainly worth the little extra for the convenience of home delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

NATLOR wrote: »
    Have been a Parcel Motel user for a a couple of years but decided to try PW as the PM lockers are a good drive away. Have to say i'm impressed and will be using it again. Its certainly worth the little extra for the convenience of home delivery.
    the same here

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I'm quite dissapointed by my latest package - I've had about 15 with no issues before now.

Monday afternoon - package arrive in NI depot
    Tuesday midday - got message saying package would be delivered on Wednesday
    Wednesday morning - got message saying package held in depot (no explanation for why). I changed to my alternate address for delivery on Thursday.
    Wednesday afternoon - made 3 calls totalling an hour to be told they didn't know why it was on hold but it would be definately be delivered Thursday.
    Thursday morning - got email and message to say delivery delayed. Called customer service who confirmed it had been scanned in to my local depot for my alternate address but didn't know why it wasn't being delivered today, was told to call the depot. Called the depot to check it was on site and told it was there but someone hadn't changed the address on the package hence the delay. As I'm not at my alternate address tomorrow and would have to change back to my primary and risk not having it before the weekend I'm going to have to leave work early and go and collect it from the depot otherwise it would probably delay it until Monday and I don't want the kids to miss out on their swing seat until then.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

V1llianous wrote: »
    I'm quite dissapointed by my latest package - I've had about 15 with no issues before now.

Monday afternoon - package arrive in NI depot
    Tuesday midday - got message saying package would be delivered on Wednesday
    Wednesday morning - got message saying package held in depot (no explanation for why). I changed to my alternate address for delivery on Thursday.
    Wednesday afternoon - made 3 calls totalling an hour to be told they didn't know why it was on hold but it would be definately be delivered Thursday.
    Thursday morning - got email and message to say delivery delayed. Called customer service who confirmed it had been scanned in to my local depot for my alternate address but didn't know why it wasn't being delivered today, was told to call the depot. Called the depot to check it was on site and told it was there but someone hadn't changed the address on the package hence the delay. As I'm not at my alternate address tomorrow and would have to change back to my primary and risk not having it before the weekend I'm going to have to leave work early and go and collect it from the depot otherwise it would probably delay it until Monday and I don't want the kids to miss out on their swing seat until then.
    Hi V1llianous, I am really sorry to hear about your latest experience, if you could DM the tracking number of the parcel I could investigate further for you. Kind Regards Ciara

Advertisement