Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

V1llianous wrote: »
    I'm quite dissapointed by my latest package - I've had about 15 with no issues before now.

Monday afternoon - package arrive in NI depot
    Tuesday midday - got message saying package would be delivered on Wednesday
    Wednesday morning - got message saying package held in depot (no explanation for why). I changed to my alternate address for delivery on Thursday.
    Wednesday afternoon - made 3 calls totalling an hour to be told they didn't know why it was on hold but it would be definately be delivered Thursday.
    Thursday morning - got email and message to say delivery delayed. Called customer service who confirmed it had been scanned in to my local depot for my alternate address but didn't know why it wasn't being delivered today, was told to call the depot. Called the depot to check it was on site and told it was there but someone hadn't changed the address on the package hence the delay. As I'm not at my alternate address tomorrow and would have to change back to my primary and risk not having it before the weekend I'm going to have to leave work early and go and collect it from the depot otherwise it would probably delay it until Monday and I don't want the kids to miss out on their swing seat until then.
    Hi V1llianous, I am really sorry to hear about your latest experience, if you could DM the tracking number of the parcel I could investigate further for you. Kind Regards Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

V1llianous wrote: »
    I'm quite dissapointed by my latest package - I've had about 15 with no issues before now.

Monday afternoon - package arrive in NI depot
    Tuesday midday - got message saying package would be delivered on Wednesday
    Wednesday morning - got message saying package held in depot (no explanation for why). I changed to my alternate address for delivery on Thursday.
    Wednesday afternoon - made 3 calls totalling an hour to be told they didn't know why it was on hold but it would be definately be delivered Thursday.
    Thursday morning - got email and message to say delivery delayed. Called customer service who confirmed it had been scanned in to my local depot for my alternate address but didn't know why it wasn't being delivered today, was told to call the depot. Called the depot to check it was on site and told it was there but someone hadn't changed the address on the package hence the delay. As I'm not at my alternate address tomorrow and would have to change back to my primary and risk not having it before the weekend I'm going to have to leave work early and go and collect it from the depot otherwise it would probably delay it until Monday and I don't want the kids to miss out on their swing seat until then.
    Hi V1llianous, I am really sorry to hear about your latest experience, if you could DM the tracking number of the parcel I could investigate further for you. Kind Regards Ciara
    DM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Am I right in understanding you cannot prepay for a delivery, you must just log in and pay for it once you get notified you have a package in the depot? Also what is the latest point at which I can change the address it will be delivered to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Am I right in understanding you cannot prepay for a delivery, you must just log in and pay for it once you get notified you have a package in the depot? Also what is the latest point at which I can change the address it will be delivered to?

No you're not right
    You can pre pay
    I have ten credits on my account
    You can change the address and date when they text you about your delivery which is normally the day before its delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

You can pay for the delivery in advance, just go to the "My Virtual Address" section.

• Advertisement

Ah okay I get it now, I wasn't sure if I had bought a 1 or 3 credits a few months ago because there is no indicator saying you have 0 credits?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Ah okay I get it now, I wasn't sure if I had bought a 1 or 3 credits a few months ago because there is no indicator saying you have 0 credits?

Yeah, its the only thing missing in terms of functionality unfortunately.

When you get the email that says your package arrived in Northwern Ireland, it tells you how many credits you have left.

There is no other way of checking though.

DPD are meant to be working on it but its been half a year now.

Doge wrote: »
    Yeah, its the only thing missing in terms of functionality unfortunately.

When you get the email that says your package arrived in Northwern Ireland, it tells you how many credits you have left.

There is no other way of checking though.

DPD are meant to be working on it but its been half a year now.

Yes it's very basic functionality. When you log into your parcel motel account the very first bit of information you get is your current balance. I work in software development and to think that parcel wizard web view was designed and nobody at any point thought to put in credit/balance indicators for a zero balance is madness!? I could speculate on how it probably happened but best not to

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Why can i track the driver with my app, yet every delivery i get i get a call asking where my house is and can they just leave the package in whatever shop the driver happens to be beside at that moment in time?
    I know it can be hard to find houses in rural areas but when i give my Eircode and have added my coordinates on the dpd website. its a bit daft that nearly every delivery the driver i have spoken to tells me he doesn't have a GPS and i need to attempt to give them directions over the phone.
    Can you please supply your drivers with GPS or train them how to use it :P

edit: after 2 phone calls while at work from the driver trying to figure out how to get to my house from "The big two story house with a bit of brick at the bottom" my package is delivered!! according to the online tracker it was left in the porch..... interesting as we dont have a porch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So with the UK out of the EU (or soon to be) how will sites like PW work? Will our stuff be subject to import duty now?

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    So with the UK out of the EU (or soon to be) how will sites like PW work? Will our stuff be subject to import duty now?

Probably be a deal struck with Europe where the uk is park of the euro economic area like what Norway has
    Won't be for another 2 years anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

Please where I can see my credit balance?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Can someone tell me where I can see how many credits I have? I joined up ages ago, bought some I'm sure and then never used it. NEed to use it now but can't see if I have credit or need to top up. I bet it's staring me in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Weepsie wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where I can see how many credits I have? I joined up ages ago, bought some I'm sure and then never used it. NEed to use it now but can't see if I have credit or need to top up. I bet it's staring me in the face

You can't on the website, if you have the email notification from previous delivery it should say on it, alternative send a mail to find out. They been talking for a few months to introduce it on the website but nothing so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Cheers. I'll wait for a reply from them.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Cheers. I'll wait for a reply from them.
    Hi, this feature is going to be added shortly, in the mean time if you DM your Parcel Wizard ID number I can let you know your balance. Regards Ciara.

xdark wrote: »
    Please where I can see my credit balance?
    Hi, this feature will be available on the website and app shortly but for now if you DM your Parcel Wizard id to me I can let you know your balance. Regards Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Hi folks,

In "My Addresses" there is the option to select one as being your "home" address. Would i be right in saying this becomes the default address for deliveries once it is selected for a particular address?

god's toy wrote: »

Probably be a deal struck with Europe where the uk is park of the euro economic area like what Norway has
    Won't be for another 2 years anyway
    Hi, for the mean time nothing will change and we will keep customers informed of any changes well in advance of anything happening.

Kind Regards

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

SeaFields wrote: »
    Hi folks,

In "My Addresses" there is the option to select one as being your "home" address. Would i be right in saying this becomes the default address for deliveries once it is selected for a particular address?

Yeah it does become default and sometimes you can't select a different address or might forget to schedule.... I now live at work (ie have that set as home) to avoid that problem lol :rolleyes: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

First time using PW and have no complaints. Love that I got a text with every update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just got the app.

When will it show how many credits you have?

Just got the app.

As ciara said
    Shortly
    So no one knows
    That reminds me i must top up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Second (and third) time using the service. Can't fault it all. Free UK delivery via PayPal. Delivered to my work address this morning. All in all took 5 days from order to delivery for both packages.

Just got the app.

This feature is going to be added in the next release of the software which we hope will be very shortly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

This feature is going to be added in the next release of the software which we hope will be very shortly :)

Good stuff.

Tomorrow it is then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Bought something online, with delivery to Parcel Wizard.

Seller provided tracking number, tracking website says "delivered 01.07.2016 at 8:44 am", although no sign of it on my account yet.

Will you please take a look at it?

joujoujou wrote: »
    Bought something online, with delivery to Parcel Wizard.

Seller provided tracking number, tracking website says "delivered 01.07.2016 at 8:44 am", although no sign of it on my account yet.

Will you please take a look at it?

Quicker to ring the office rather than post here
    Hey are quick on Twitter too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

No phone, no twitter here. :p

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    No phone, no twitter here. :p

You don't have a phone ??

Advertisement