Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

dorito92 wrote: »
    Ok thanks. Is there any Dpd staff I can PM here who can check

DPD Ireland: Ciara
    Hi, can you DM your PW id number and I would be happy to check for you . Regards Ciara

V1llianous wrote: »
    I presume the depot is open today. I had a parcel delivered there on Saturday so hoping to have it tomorrow.
    Hi, can you DM your tracking number and I will look into this for you. Kind Regards Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Yodel are a bunch of cowboys. Unbelievable company. Lost two packages one after the other - both coming from the same seller too! Messers. One of them still showing as being sorted in main depot since 14th june!!

I just got notification FROM DPD that they are delivering my package tomorrow. Yodel must have found it and delivered to the NI DPD address. Its going to be a mess because amazon already started the process of refunding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Hi Ciara in DPD ,

I've just found out from a Royal Mail tracking number that one of my parcels has been delivered to parcel motel on Saturday instead of yourselves . Any idea if anything can be done ?

Thanks !

bobbygirl wrote: »
    Hi Ciara in DPD ,

I've just found out from a Royal Mail tracking number that one of my parcels has been delivered to parcel motel on Saturday instead of yourselves . Any idea if anything can be done ?

Thanks !

Hi, when this happens Parcel Motel will normally give the parcel back to the Parcel Wizard office although it does usually take them a few days to do this. Kind Regards Arlene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Hi Arlene,

Ok thanks! Hopefully it turns up soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Hi Ciara
    Any chance parcel wizard will introduce a discount for regular users, like buy 5 get one free
    I think parcel motel introduced something when you top up by X amount there was a free delivery or a reduced rate on them all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Hi Ciara
    Any chance parcel wizard will introduce a discount for regular users, like buy 5 get one free
    I think parcel motel introduced something when you top up by X amount there was a free delivery or a reduced rate on them all
    I'll save you waiting for a response:

"We've passed your feedback onto the appropriate team! :) "

I'll save you waiting for a response:

"We've passed your feedback onto the appropriate team! :) "

Shh don't give her the wrong answer, we want to hear
    "We are just about to launch an offer like this at the same time as remaining credits will be on display on your accounts"

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

I can't find where to top up, and have gone back several pages here but with no joy.

Could someone advise me please? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Lovelyguy wrote: »
    I can't find where to top up, and have gone back several pages here but with no joy.

Could someone advise me please? :o

If you click on 'My Virtual UK Address' once you have logged in, you can top up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I've tried to top up this morning using Firefox (won't show paypal link) and IE (goes through to Paypal site but won't load the transaction) to no avail.

I've tried to top up this morning using Firefox (won't show paypal link) and IE (goes through to Paypal site but won't load the transaction) to no avail.

Get the app on your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Get the app on your phone

I have that and had topped up that way - just letting DPD know there is probably a problem with their desktop site.

I have that and had topped up that way - just letting DPD know there is probably a problem with their desktop site.

There isn't
    I just topped up by 5 credits twice on the Mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Full credit to ParcelWizard for not restricting their service to small/medium packages. Had a big box come through recently with no extra charge on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

JakeBell wrote: »
    Full credit to ParcelWizard for not restricting their service to small/medium packages. Had a big box come through recently with no extra charge on it.

I agree, Amazon did merge 2 pantry orders from different dates into one package (still charged me the 2 shipping charges) and I ended up with a big BD2 package way over the 20kg. I hate when they do stuff like that or even worse split orders.

I send a message to PW them saying sorry and asking them to contact me about any extra charge.

Parcel was delivered today by my regular driver without any additional cost.

PM would have charged me loads of additional money.

I agree, Amazon did merge 2 pantry orders from different dates into one package (still charged me the 2 shipping charges) and I ended up with a big BD2 package way over the 20kg. I hate when they do stuff like that or even worse split orders.

I send a message to PW them saying sorry and asking them to contact me about any extra charge.

Parcel was delivered today by my regular driver without any additional cost.

PM would have charged me loads of additional money.

Pantry works fine with PW then?

Very interesting and handy! :)

Do you find it cheaper than shopping locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Pantry works fine with PW then?

Very interesting and handy! :)

Do you find it cheaper than shopping locally?

Generally Pantry works fine with PW but don't trust the delivery dates that Amazon is giving you, it's never 1 or 2 days as they claim. When they use DPD UK they usually deliver in 2 days, Hermes and Yodel take 3 days.

As with everything the key is shopping around and the prices on pantry really fluctuate loads from day to day. There are some great bargains to be made, there are sometimes goods in there which are significant cheaper than what shops in Ireland charge.

Last week I got Kellogg's Nourish for 1.50£ (1.78€) which sells here for around 4.35€, a couple of boxes made up for shipping/PW charge.

Or my favorite jam which is 3.30€ here was only 2.02€ (1.70£) for a while, it's now up to 1.99£ which is still cheaper.

But you need to compare and also just because you got something on Monday for a price does not mean you get the same cheap price on Tuesday, Amazon's prices are really changing quickly and not always a bargain.

However word of advise, don't order liquids together with food items. Packaging inside the parcel is not always the best and it creates a real mess in case of transport damage. I had one parcel completely damaged because a liquid ran all over the food. Sure Amazon refunded and DPD was very helpful but it just is not worth the hassle. Keep it in separate orders.

Also make sure you check the weight for each item, don't trust the % package filled because the biggest Pantry box is way over the PW dimensions and weight. Not that PW makes a deal out of it yet but in theory they could. Just make sure you don't fill more than 18 kg shipping weight and all is usually fine and your driver will be thankful for not needing to do heavy lifting of a BD2 box.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tips! I might give it a try once and see how it goes! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 dvd

hi, can anyone tell me where to check my account balance and where to top up on the website. i have tried emailing them and tried live chat but no one replied.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

dvd wrote: »
    hi, can anyone tell me where to check my account balance and where to top up on the website. i have tried emailing them and tried live chat but no one replied.
    thanks

You cannot check the balance online, they are working to implement it.

It should on the email you get when a parcel is received.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

dvd wrote: »
    thanks

You can top up on the website, log in and click on 'My UK Virtual Address' but you can't check your balance on the website, it tells you your balance on the emails you get from them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

It would also be a good idea to have a similar payment method to that of Parcel Motel, leave a credit or debit card on file and the stay automatically deducted, instead of having to constantly top up.

Also is there any incentives to buy credits in bulk because at the moment there is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Guys the people you have on your chat are not great.

Takes them up to 10 minutes to acknowledge your there after connecting and every response has to be pushed or badgered...

Might be an idea to have a word with the staff about how to conduct a proper online chat and maybe they should concertrate on the job and not be having the craic in the office !

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭maik3n

It would also be a good idea to have a similar payment method to that of Parcel Motel, leave a credit or debit card on file and the stay automatically deducted, instead of having to constantly top up.
    With that option, you could get stung for an oversized parcel if you were not expecting it.
    The onus would also be on you to fight your case should any problems arise with a delivery, ie, you were automatically charged for a package that ended up delivered to someone else, or to the wrong location.

Also, there is the usual privacy, data security issues surrounding them having your credit card on file. Although I guess that goes with the territory for all companies.

I personally prefer the top up option. It means I have COMPLETE control of it.
    Also is there any incentives to buy credits in bulk because at the moment there is none.
    This I would have to agree with. Perhaps a 3 for 2, 6 for 4 offer or something along those lines. It would greatly help when flippin Amazon decide to split ship my order.

With regard to Parcel Wizard in general, I'm happy to say that all except for 1 delivery with them came through fine.
    Said delivery wasn't really their fault anyways. The label with my name was torn off in transit somewhere so they couldn't identify it obviously.
    After a few emails to their customer service reps, they did ultimately identify, locate and deliver my package. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dvd

i have used parcel wizard about 30 times on 2 accounts in the last few months and found them to be excellent, except when something goes wrong they can't seem to get it sorted.
    They have my package sitting in their depot since the 21th july and i cant seem to get them to ship it. there is no issue with payment or anything else that i know off. I emailed them 2 days ago and they said it was sorted.
    I just called them now and they told me i would have it by next wednesday. i'm going back to parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dhannon

Hey DPD,

Quick question is their any reason why my package would have been in the Hinckley Depot since Friday? Says its been in transit to Athlone since then. Just curious!

Any help would be appreciated

dhannon wrote: »
    Hey DPD,

Quick question is their any reason why my package would have been in the Hinckley Depot since Friday? Says its been in transit to Athlone since then. Just curious!

Any help would be appreciated

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Has your parcel arrived?

Regards,
    Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dhannon

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Has your parcel arrived?

Regards,
    Ciara

Hi Ciara,

Yes it arrived, Its was just the long weekend that was in it.
    Thanks for the help!

Advertisement