Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

How long's it take for a parcel to show up in my consignments after delivery to the DPD depot? Just I have Parcelforce telling me that they delivered the package to a Royal Mail depot for further delivery (where it was signed for at location: RML DEFAULT DEPOT), and that was yesterday. As of yet, no sign of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

briany wrote: »
    How long's it take for a parcel to show up in my consignments after delivery to the DPD depot? Just I have Parcelforce telling me that they delivered the package to a Royal Mail depot for further delivery (where it was signed for at location: RML DEFAULT DEPOT), and that was yesterday. As of yet, no sign of anything.

Parcelforce does not deliver in NI, they hand it over to Royal Mail who than delivers it to the DPD Depot.

If Parcelforce handed it over to Royal Mail yesterday (which is why you see the RML DEFAULT DEPOT line) it should be delivered today to the DPD Depot and you should get an e-mail/sms from DPD this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

Parcelforce does not deliver in NI, they hand it over to Royal Mail who than delivers it to the DPD Depot.

If Parcelforce handed it over to Royal Mail yesterday (which is why you see the RML DEFAULT DEPOT line) it should be delivered today to the DPD Depot and you should get an e-mail/sms from DPD this afternoon.

That's mildly reassuring, but I don't understand why the package would have been signed for if left off with Royal Mail. As I understand it, PF and RM are part of the same postal system in the UK, so leaving it with Royal Mail shouldn't require a signature until it gets to the addressee, unless I'm mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alan4446

So do Parcel Wizard deliver right to your door for 3.85 if it's just one package?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Alan4446 wrote: »
    So do Parcel Wizard deliver right to your door for 3.85 if it's just one package?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Regardless of size or anything like that?

Regardless of size or anything like that?

Up to 20 KG and 40cm x 40cm x 60cm

They are flexible up to a degree

And if it's over those dimensions what would you have to do

And if it's over those dimensions what would you have to do

You would have to pay extra, They warned me once for ordering something slightly over the limits but they let it through that one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

DPD, what is the cutoff time for something arriving in NI in order for it to be delivered in ROI the next day ?

I have a package due to be delivered to your NI depot today (but I don't know what time) and I'm hoping to get it delivered to me here tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

V1llianous wrote: »
    DPD, what is the cutoff time for something arriving in NI in order for it to be delivered in ROI the next day ?

I have a package due to be delivered to your NI depot today (but I don't know what time) and I'm hoping to get it delivered to me here tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

From my experience as long as it's there today during depot opening hours it's going to be on the truck down the same night with next day delivery.

The only reason that might not happen is if the box is larger than it's supposed to be or there is no credit on the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I just had my first delivery with Parcel Wizard.

My brother wanted some plumbing parts and I was concerned that it would not fit the Parcelmotel locker.

The package arrived at Parcel Wizard on Friday (5th) and got a notification on Sunday that it would be out for delivery on Monday. I didn't receive it on Monday or get a time slot notification about a timeslot either.

So Tuesday afternoon I checked the tracking # and it showed 'On hold'. I contacted them and they came back apologising for the delay and had it sent out today (Wednesday) and indeed I got the timeslot notification and it was delivered.

I'm glad I chose DPD for this as the package would have been too long for Parcel motel (66cm) and weighed 27.5kg going by my luggage scale. :eek:

That may have explained the delay and I reckon they decided to let it go this time being my first order. It's the heaviest item I ever had delivered from the UK and the shop wanted to charge £99 to deliver to Ireland, but offered free delivery to Northern Ireland.

From my experience as long as it's there today during depot opening hours it's going to be on the truck down the same night with next day delivery.

The only reason that might not happen is if the box is larger than it's supposed to be or there is no credit on the account.

My package was accepted by reception in the depot today at 4.30 p.m. according to Amazon's delivery tracking but hasn't been registered on the system so won't get it today. Bit ticked off at this as I paid extra for the amazon one day delivery so it should have got to me today.

Update - just received text saying it will be delivered tomorrow. Not up to the high standards DPD had initially set. Don't know why it couldn't have been processed in the remaining 1.5 hours before the depot closed or if someone missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I have a graphics card on the way, delivered by dpd Uk to parcel wizard. By ****s I better get it tomorrow or they will be trouble. I only chose parcel wizard because it was dpd anyway so should be a definite. It was sent Tuesday and still hasn't been received in newtownabbey. Any rep still active here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Does anyone know do Parcel Wizard offer a service where I can get a seller (in Leitrim) to ship to me in Dublin? How much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Does anyone know do Parcel Wizard offer a service where I can get a seller (in Leitrim) to ship to me in Dublin? How much is it?
    well it would be expensive to get it picked up from seller if they arent doing business with dpd or retail.
    Most simple option is like using amazon or any online store,give seller your pw wizard address,they bring it to PO pay whatever amount,weight-its gets delivered to dpd depo in NI,or eire and then pw charges for delivering it to you.

scamalert wrote: »
    well it would be expensive to get it picked up from seller if they arent doing business with dpd or retail.
    Most simple option is like using amazon or any online store,give seller your pw wizard address,they bring it to PO pay whatever amount,weight-its gets delivered to dpd depo in NI,or eire and then pw charges for delivering it to you.

You could get them to use Parcel Motel to send it to a parcel motel address.

Has anybody ever got an Amazon Logistics delivery to Parcel Wizard and can share the experience?

I marked the address as commercial address but I have read horror stories about Amazon Logistics deliveries so I'm worried as this is the first time I got their own delivery organization in all of my shopping.

Has anybody ever got an Amazon Logistics delivery to Parcel Wizard and can share the experience?

I marked the address as commercial address but I have read horror stories about Amazon Logistics deliveries so I'm worried as this is the first time I got their own delivery organization in all of my shopping.

I have had 2 deliveries from them now and no problems at all.

• Advertisement

I have had 2 deliveries from them now and no problems at all.

Thank you, I was a little worried there, but that is good to know.

Thank you, I was a little worried there, but that is good to know.

They have a base up north now so looks like they will be using them all the time now for Northern Ireland deliveries.

They have a base up north now so looks like they will be using them all the time now for Northern Ireland deliveries.

Which might also be beneficial for DPD because that means a large chunk of their incoming parcels will come via one provider they could strike a deal with.

Let's see if I get my stuff tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi, apologies if this has already been asked! Are dpd very strict on dimensions? I haven't used them since January. They told me they don't measure packages. I want to order 2 pairs of shoes for my toddler son and possibly wellies but think wellies might make package too big? The shoe shop said they pack everything into a Royal Mail bag which is around an A3 size. Thanks

Millem wrote: »
    Hi, apologies if this has already been asked! Are dpd very strict on dimensions? I haven't used them since January. They told me they don't measure packages. I want to order 2 pairs of shoes for my toddler son and possibly wellies but think wellies might make package too big? The shoe shop said they pack everything into a Royal Mail bag which is around an A3 size. Thanks

An A3 size package should get through just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My package arrived in DPD this morning according to Royal Mail tracking.

Any chance I'll have it tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

My package arrived in DPD this morning according to Royal Mail tracking.

Any chance I'll have it tomorrow?

You probably will, you should get a email later to let you know they got it, I think on that email also say when to expect delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

Hi, all at Parcel Wizard.... I'm in a bit of bother here! I placed an order with Sports Direct this morning, they tried to charge me 29.99 for delivery so I thought why not use Parcel Wizard! But I have since heard that the good people at Sports Direct don't deliver to the Parcel Wizard address. Is this true? I have tried contacting Sports Direct to cancel the order but all I got back was the usual generic email reply....

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

It is true that Sports Direct don't deliver to the Parcel Wizard address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

It is true that Sports Direct don't deliver to the Parcel Wizard address.
    :(:(:(

Advertisement