Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,943 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It is true that Sports Direct don't deliver to the Parcel Wizard address.

why is that?

and more to the point, I think dm1979 you must have had a seriously big order or you were choosing some kind of expedited delivery as it is normally only about 7 or 8 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

Seve OB wrote: »
    why is that?

and more to the point, I think dm1979 you must have had a seriously big order or you were choosing some kind of expedited delivery as it is normally only about 7 or 8 quid
    It wasn't that big size wise, I ordered a load of fishing tackle as the summer with the kids fishing took it's toll on the tackle box! So it was all small floats, hooks, lead shot etc. 42 very small items in total that would fit into a shoe box! The total order was 32 euro and they wanted to charge 29.99 delivery!!!! I do several orders with sports direct a year, they are handy and cheap enough when your buying for 3 growing boys, and delivery is usually between 8 and 15 euro. I did search this tread and found one customer who got a sports direct delivery with parcel wizard, so I am a bit confused aswell.

ballybro wrote: »
    Already posted yesterday about receiving a package from sportsdirect in the UK via parcel wizard but when opened 1 item was missing (a perfume gift set worth €50).Packageing had a big hole in it and sellotaped up again.I contacted DPD who said a damaged parcel report was filed.I contacted sports direct and they replied today to sat that the tracking/courier on their end shows no damage to package.Tried to contact parcel wizard by phone today on hold for 35 mins ,then emailed parcelwizard@dpd.ie but guy on holidays till 4th January.Also sent 2 pm's to Ciara in DPD today and no reply.I just want to know who is responsible.If the package was deliver to parcel wizard damaged then they need to let me know or why did they accept a damaged package.If package got damaged when being transferred between DPD depots then DPD would be liable .I just want to get the item replaced or refunded but don't want to be playing piggy in the middle between Sportsdirect and DPD.I sportsdirect via paypal so would I have any comeback from them if I don't get anywhere with sportsdirect or DPD.Sorry for the rant but the lost item was an xmas present
    This one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,943 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dm1979 wrote: »
    It wasn't that big size wise, I ordered a load of fishing tackle as the summer with the kids fishing took it's toll on the tackle box! So it was all small floats, hooks, lead shot etc. 42 very small items in total that would fit into a shoe box! The total order was 32 euro and they wanted to charge 29.99 delivery!!!! I do several orders with sports direct a year, they are handy and cheap enough when your buying for 3 growing boys, and delivery is usually between 8 and 15 euro. I did search this tread and found one customer who got a sports direct delivery with parcel wizard, so I am a bit confused aswell.

you must have picked the wrong delivery option,
    there is normally 2 options, one fast expensive one and a regular one.

The expensive one brought the order up to 70 odd euro!

• Advertisement

So I did email Sports Direct about cancelling my order because they do not support the parcel wizard service and have just had back the following reply...... Thank you for your email.

I can confirm hat we do offer delivery to this address.

Your order is currently being processed and should be passed to the courier shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Magdalena
    Customer Services.......So there is still some hope!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭briany

What's the DPD tariff rate for oversized parcels in Parcel Wizard? I can see a reference to a tariff being made in the FAQ for it but no link detailing these costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

briany wrote: »
    What's the DPD tariff rate for oversized parcels in Parcel Wizard? I can see a reference to a tariff being made in the FAQ for it but no link detailing these costs.

Its usually "era we'll let it through without charging extra!"

I had a bulky gaming chair delivered at no extra cost.

They are very leniant when it comes to oversized items.

I currently have an issue with the Credit Balance shown in the email which says your oarcel is due for delivery the next day.

It is showing as 4 times the amount it should be i.e. 4 instead of 1.

And when it is deducted it is deducted by 4 each time, so im not getting extra credits before any customers tell me to "shhhh!"

Anyone else have it showing as 4 times the amount?

Also Ciara / Liam, I think my driver has made his final delivery with DPD Parcel Wizard and is moving to another courier, the driver for the Northside of Cork City.

He was a really friendly and nice guy, and was extrmeley reliable.

Its a real shame hes moving on, I just hope his replacement is as reliable as he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Having the same issue with credit balance. I thought somehow I got 3 additional deliveries for free, but as with you, they disappeared as fast as they came.

On my last delivery which was prepaid, I got a you have 0 deliveries left, which was right.

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    Its usually "era we'll let it through without charging extra!"

I had a bulky gaming chair delivered at no extra cost.

They are very leniant when it comes to oversized items.

Wait a second, I'm hoping you're not confused, here. I'm talking about the Parcel Wizard service. Their max dimensions quoted for the 3.85 rate are 60x40x40 CM (off the top of my head recollection). Now, I'd say a gaming chair would far exceed that (unless it was self assembly/tightly packed). Either there's a misunderstanding or they are indeed lax!

I'd like to use Parcel Wizard for eBay purchases because it feels like I'm getting stiffed on the shipping if buying from a UK seller whereas it's much more reasonable within the UK itself. Same problem Amazon has with 3rd party shops a lot of the time, I suppose.

Wait a second, I'm hoping you're not confused, here. I'm talking about the Parcel Wizard service. Their max dimensions quoted for the 3.85 rate are 60x40x40 CM (off the top of my head recollection). Now, I'd say a gaming chair would far exceed that (unless it was self assembly/tightly packed). Either there's a misunderstanding or they are indeed lax!

I'd like to use Parcel Wizard for eBay purchases because it feels like I'm getting stiffed on the shipping if buying from a UK seller whereas it's much more reasonable within the UK itself. Same problem Amazon has with 3rd party shops a lot of the time, I suppose.

It was self assembly but it was still a pretty long and wide package.
    This was the one in question:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brand-Designed-Racing-Swivel-Office/dp/B00KY055GU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472331702&sr=8-3&keywords=gaming+chair

According to a post the box was 80 x 80 cms.

Parcel Wizard are definitely known to be lax when it comes to oversized items, I even used one of my 3 free first deliveries with that chair and wasnt charged a penny for delivery.

Obviously once you dont completely take the piss with the dimensions and weight you should be fine.

On occasion where Amazon messed up and send me boxes which were over the official size I never had any problems from DPD, sure that boxes took 2 days rather than 1 day to come to me but it was still the normal charge. A tradeoff I appreciate.

DPD says:
    Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

I think as long as the weight is below that it can be over the dimensions, at least that I my experience.

But with everything, I think it comes down to "abuse", if too many people constantly are getting dimensions/weight outside the regular settings, than DPD might get stricter for all of us.

Doge wrote: »
    It was self assembly but it was still a pretty long and wide package.
    This was the one in question:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brand-Designed-Racing-Swivel-Office/dp/B00KY055GU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472331702&sr=8-3&keywords=gaming+chair

According to a post the box was 80 x 80 cms.

Parcel Wizard are definitely known to be lax when it comes to oversized items, I even used one of my 3 free first deliveries with that chair and wasnt charged a penny for delivery.

Obviously once you dont completely take the piss with the dimensions and weight you should be fine.

Heartening to hear. I'm chancing a couple of deliveries through eBay sellers into the Parcel Wizard system because it shaves a good 20-25 euro off my overall costs, providing tariffs are not put on. Hopefully it proves a worthwhile gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭josha1

Could someone clear up when you pay for parcel wizard? I signed up and deposited 3.85 by paypal. Do you just order on whatever site and dpd sort it out when you enter the address? Will they automatically use the money and register the delivery on their site when it gets to the depot? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

josha1 wrote:
    Could someone clear up when you pay for parcel wizard? I signed up and deposited 3.85 by paypal. Do you just order on whatever site and dpd sort it out when you enter the address? Will they automatically use the money and register the delivery on their site when it gets to the depot? Thanks.

Yes. After paying the 3.85 you will have 1 credit on your account, when your parcel arrives at the dpd depot in NI you'll get a text/email telling you when it will be delivered.

Is there a way to check my top up balance and how many trips I'm good for? I can't see anything on my account dashboard and nothing in the email they send out when you make a top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Wondering can anyone help out with this question. I'm looking to buy something from eBay in the USA. The items price is below the limit for customs in the UK (so says eBays GSP calculator on the listing) but higher than the limit for Ireland. Can I send it to the PW address instead of the Republic and save a few bucks? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

What's happening in with DPD live chat??? Their agents are connecting to my live chat and then just ignoring me till they end they chat around 20 minutes later!!!! It's happened 3 times so far today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

No worries just received my delivery confirmation from DPD. All good, thanks DPD.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Is there a way to check my top up balance and how many trips I'm good for? I can't see anything on my account dashboard and nothing in the email they send out when you make a top up.
    Hi,
    Can you DM your Parcel Wizard id number and I will check your balance for you.

Regards
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭josha1

Hi, I'm looking to order a phone from carphone warehouse uk. They deliver with dpd, but require signing off. I'm wondering if I will be able to get this delivered with parcel wizard since they're the same company. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

josha1 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to order a phone from carphone warehouse uk. They deliver with dpd, but require signing off. I'm wondering if I will be able to get this delivered with parcel wizard since they're the same company. Thanks.

I ordered a laptop online from Currys/PCWorld and think they are part of the Dixon group along with Carphone Warehouse. They state on the order confirmation email that they do not deliver to parcel motels and will cancel any orders placed for such addresses.

V1llianous wrote: »

I ordered a laptop online from Currys/PCWorld and think they are part of the Dixon group along with Carphone Warehouse. They state on the order confirmation email that they do not deliver to parcel motels and will cancel any orders placed for such addresses.
    Hi Guys, I think the issue with not delivering to Parcel Motel is that they place the goods in "lockers". with our Parcel Wizard service the item get signed for upon receipt into our Virtual Address and then we also capture a signature upon delivering to the customer. I would imagine there will be no problem with having your purchase delivered via the Parcel Wizard service. Kind Regards Ciara

It actually depends on what you order and what you mean with signing off.

SIM Free or Prepaid devices / sim are not a problem, they come as normal parcels and just require a signature on delivery, which works.

Contract Phones or contracts sim's won't work as it's done via ContrackPak, that require your personal signature in addition to ID. That is because otherwise there could be fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hi, I had a negative experience today when I received a parcel of under-cabinet fixtures and bulbs. The box was obviously damaged but the driver rushed away before we could verify damage.

Part of the reason I let him go is I wasn't sure what would happen if I refused delivery. If I had refused delivery, what do you do with it? Will you just return it to Antirm and toss it in the bin? Or would you return it back to the original sender?

Does anybody have issues with the App and / or tracking via the website?

I know that a parcel was shipped yesterday and they gave me the tracking number. Nothing showed up in the App until about 10 minutes ago with a status of "Parcel should be dispatched shortly".

When tracking it via the Quick track on web all I get is as last status as of 01/01/0001 00:00:00 with no actual status.

If I track it via the mobile site than I get a status as out for delivery but that is the only track record (nothing before that or a predict window).

Just me or a general problem?

Hi, can you PM the tracking number of the parcel you are waiting on and I will look into this for you.
    Kind Regards
    Ciara

Hi, can you PM the tracking number of the parcel you are waiting on and I will look into this for you.
    Kind Regards
    Ciara

Thanks Ciara, in true fashion a few minutes after I posted I got loads of updates in the App, my e-mail and SMS with a predict window just notified.

Looks like there was something stuck in your tracking system messaging queue that was not sending out updates and it's working through it now.

So I'm all up to date and fixed now ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hi, I had a negative experience today when I received a parcel of under-cabinet fixtures and bulbs. The box was obviously damaged but the driver rushed away before we could verify damage.

Part of the reason I let him go is I wasn't sure what would happen if I refused delivery. If I had refused delivery, what do you do with it? Will you just return it to Antirm and toss it in the bin? Or would you return it back to the original sender?

This didn't get answered so I'll follow up with the answer I got from James at DPD. He basically said refusing delivery of a PW parcel means it will go back to Antrim but not back to the sender. The onus would be on you to get the sender to pick it up from Antrim within 21 days or it goes in the bin.

So there isn't much point refusing delivery as you won't have the damaged goods in your possession nor will the seller be inclined to refund you.

Advertisement