Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

This didn't get answered so I'll follow up with the answer I got from James at DPD. He basically said refusing delivery of a PW parcel means it will go back to Antrim but not back to the sender. The onus would be on you to get the sender to pick it up from Antrim within 21 days or it goes in the bin.

So there isn't much point refusing delivery as you won't have the damaged goods in your possession nor will the seller be inclined to refund you.

Good point. That sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If there is damage, the question is where did the damage happen? On the way to the NI depot or on the way to you.

They should not take in damaged parcels in the NI depot, so I would assume the damage happened on the way to you, so it should be covered under the insurance. While it's limited to 100€ it exists, did they provide you with that info and a claims form?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

If there is damage, the question is where did the damage happen? On the way to the NI depot or on the way to you.

They should not take in damaged parcels in the NI depot, so I would assume the damage happened on the way to you, so it should be covered under the insurance. While it's limited to 100€ it exists, did they provide you with that info and a claims form?

This is a good point and where Parcel Motel has an advantage as they take and email a picture. At least that would give you an idea of the state of the parcel when it arrives at the depot.

As far as policy goes of PW refusing an obviously damaged parcel that's a good question I'd like to see answered. If I had to guess I'd say they accept everything, take the money, and let you sort it out.

I don't believe that but I'm sure Ciara is happy to chime in and tell us the policy.

On the occasions where my parcel got damaged, I found them helpful dealing with it and finding out where the damage happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

I don't believe that but I'm sure Ciara is happy to chime in and tell us the policy.

On the occasions where my parcel got damaged, I found them helpful dealing with it and finding out where the damage happened.

A couple of weeks back I had an Amazon Pantry into Parcel Wizard and it was opened when I received it, Tape slit right across as if someone looked inside, DPD said they don't open parcels so must have been on Hermes end, And DPD still accepted it which makes me wonder was it actually them who opened or Hermes.

• Advertisement

A couple of weeks back I had an Amazon Pantry into Parcel Wizard and it was opened when I received it, Tape slit right across as if someone looked inside, DPD said they don't open parcels so must have been on Hermes end, And DPD still accepted it which makes me wonder was it actually them who opened or Hermes.

I hate Hermes with a passion, every time Amazon uses them for my Pantry it takes 3 days to reach NI. I miss it when they used DPD or Yodel, that at least took 2 days.

I think there is room for improvement with DPD, they really should like Parcelmotel take a picture on arrival, even if they possible deal with much larger volumes.

Or at least have a policy to create an exception if they find something wrong with the parcel (like opened) once they are through the container from the other courier company. That way a customer has it easier to see what is going on and what action can be taken.

How do you find Amazon Pantry? Sometimes there are real steals out there with prices being 30% of Irish Store prices, but the prices go up and down like it's a game.

I hate Hermes with a passion, every time Amazon uses them for my Pantry it takes 3 days to reach NI. I miss it when they used DPD or Yodel, that at least took 2 days.

I think there is room for improvement with DPD, they really should like Parcelmotel take a picture on arrival, even if they possible deal with much larger volumes.

Or at least have a policy to create an exception if they find something wrong with the parcel (like opened) once they are through the container from the other courier company. That way a customer has it easier to see what is going on and what action can be taken.

How do you find Amazon Pantry? Sometimes there are real steals out there with prices being 30% of Irish Store prices, but the prices go up and down like it's a game.

Hermes is always 2 days for me but what gets my goat is Amazon Logistics deliver way to late to the depot, Last time they delivered my parcel to DPD at 5:30 and was not processed till the next day.

I only get soft drinks from Pantry as they don't do certain cola flavours here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kerrymum

Afternoon everyone,
    I am new to parcel wizard , signed up this week - Initially I thought this was a great idea but having read over the thread (a few pages back) - I am now worried that items I order may not arrive- how are we to know when buying an item if the seller deals with dpd or not- and what happens if I order an item to be shipped to Antrim and the item is not picked up by a dpd courier? am I even making sense?
    Say I buy an item from John Lewis UK - pay for it- but they do not ship with dpd - what happens next?
    I'm slightly regretting signing up now- as I waited in 2 days for a delivery this week and they "could not find me" I am in a rural area and they prefer to drop any items for me in town at my mums- so this whole parcel wizard thing might have been a mistake on my part- The latest I bought was on ebay and says it has been dispatched - nothing showing up on parcel wizard yet...

I think you miss-understand what the virtual address of parcel wizard does.

DPD won't pick up at the sellers address, the seller uses what ever company they want.

You give the seller your virtual address (the one in Antrim) and make sure your Parcel Wizard ID is in the address. The shipping company your seller uses (what ever that is) than delivers it to DPD just like they would deliver it to any address.

So in your example, when you shop at John Lewis you give them the virtual address in Antrim. They use for example Royal Mail. Royal Mail delivers to the DPD depot. John Lewis/Royal Mail will show you the status until it reaches DPD.

DPD than takes the parcel, matches your ID and ships it via their own network to the address they have on record for you (or you have defined as alternative) and notifies you that they have received goods for you (via e-mail, the app or on the web) and that they are on the way.

DPD than shows you the status of the parcel on it's way from Antrim to yourself. On the day of delivery you will get notifications including a predict window of 1 or 2 hours when the courier will be there.

Now where you night get confused (happens a lot) is the other features of Parcel Wizard which requires the shipper to use DPD. That is the part which allows you to place holds on deliveries, re-direct parcels to another address etc. That requires that the sender is using DPD and that they ship it to your home address (not Antrim). That feature also works along the virtual address, i.e. actions you have defined in the calendar will also apply to parcels coming from the virtual address. So for that feature you need to know if the sender used DPD but again that has nothing to do with a UK seller sending you something to Antrim.

As to your deliver issues, you might want to get onto the depot or PM one of the reps, I'm sure that they can help you to ensure that you get the parcels delivered to your address.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Yggr , that is what I thought initially that my deliveries would have no issues getting to Antrim but somewhere along the line I got confused! my mind is at ease now, just to hope on the final leg of the parcels journey that dpd can find me !!! maybe I should just admit defeat with them and get my parcels delivered in town! Again, Thanks!

• Advertisement

Before you give up, why not send a PM to DPD Ireland: Ciara with a tracking number of parcel you have problems with, I'm sure she is going to be happy to have a look for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Had a parcel delivered from Amazon to the Parcel Wizard depot in the North this morning but on the tracking details if said "Handed to resident Magee" I've had many items delivered before and never saw this. Should I be worried?
    In general I think since the address changed from Mallusk to Newtownabbey the service has gone less stable.

Had a parcel delivered from Amazon to the Parcel Wizard depot in the North this morning but on the tracking details if said "Handed to resident Magee" I've had many items delivered before and never saw this. Should I be worried?
    In general I think since the address changed from Mallusk to Newtownabbey the service has gone less stable.

Was that a delivery by Amazon Logistics? They have the strangest delivery results for me including "handed to resident".

If it was delivered this morning you should get a DPD notification soon, I got mine for this mornings Amazon via Hermes delivery earlier which was signed for by "business".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

How is there STILL no way to see your balance on the webpage/app?!:confused: I want to be able to just see it!

tk123 wrote: »
    How is there STILL no way to see your balance on the webpage/app?!:confused: I want to be able to just see it!

I agree, it's such an essential function.

Sure, I track it manually right now but it would just be nice to be able to see it on the web or in the App.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I agree, it's such an essential function.

Sure, I track it manually right now but it would just be nice to be able to see it on the web or in the App.

It's their 1st birthday in November so we might get it then! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Was that a delivery by Amazon Logistics? They have the strangest delivery results for me including "handed to resident".

If it was delivered this morning you should get a DPD notification soon, I got mine for this mornings Amazon via Hermes delivery earlier which was signed for by "business".

Yes Amazon Logistics, Got a notification so unless the missus was ordering stuff and not telling me I should be fine :)

Agree with the comments with regards checking your balance. How hard would it be to add the feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭briany

Rescheduling delivery doesn't really seem to work for me. I get the text that it's been received and log in to my DPD dashboard to select another date and it still seems to come on the next available day. Maybe DPD workers don't want to deal with the headache, but if it doesn't translate to real-world service, why even offer the option?

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi, Please PM your tracking number and I will check this for you. Kind regards, Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

DPD is getting much slower. Now they're operating, in my last 4 cases, at 2 working days. It's within their contract to be sure but twice as slow as Parcel Motel for me.

All 4 items were signed for before 11am and none of them were notified as arriving to DPD until at least 28 hours later. At that without having Saturday deliveries(because they do actually deliver on Saturdays with normal courier work) isn't great considering you can collect Parcel Motel items on a Saturday.

I can see Parcel Wizard being more suitable at Christmas though because my local Parcel Motel locker became heavily congested the past 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes, I've found the same this week. Very disappointing. I got a few deliveries via both ParcelMotel and ParcelWizard in the last week. ParcelMotel were a day quicker each time :(

A pity as otherwise DPD's service is superb, with the notification texts, being able to rearrange, deliveries etc. But need to do better in this area.

Also I'm looking forward to DPD launching the DPD Pickup service in Ireland. Hopefully it will add a good competitor to ParcelMotel and allow returns to the UK, etc.

Berty wrote: »
    DPD is getting much slower. Now they're operating, in my last 4 cases, at 2 working days. It's within their contract to be sure but twice as slow as Parcel Motel for me.

All 4 items were signed for before 11am and none of them were notified as arriving to DPD until at least 28 hours later. At that without having Saturday deliveries(because they do actually deliver on Saturdays with normal courier work) isn't great considering you can collect Parcel Motel items on a Saturday.

I can see Parcel Wizard being more suitable at Christmas though because my local Parcel Motel locker became heavily congested the past 2 years.

Its always next working day for me, No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

My package has been sitting in some delivery office in Newtownabbey since Wednesday morning at 7.30 am. Considering it's now Saturday lunchtime, and it hasn't moved anywhere since, service is a bit of a let down to say the least.

DPD tell me they can't track it until it's scanned, in their system ( it's not yet ).
    Which is strange, because I can tell, from my original tracking no, it's already been in the north 4 days now.

Can't be that hard, come on now.

trixiebust wrote: »
    My package has been sitting in some delivery office in Newtownabbey since Wednesday morning at 7.30 am. Considering it's now Saturday lunchtime, and it hasn't moved anywhere since, service is a bit of a let down to say the least.

DPD tell me they can't track it until it's scanned, in their system ( it's not yet ).
    Which is strange, because I can tell, from my original tracking no, it's already been in the north 4 days now.

Can't be that hard, come on now.

Are you sure it was delivered to Parcel Wizard and not Parcel Motel?

I have never seen a 4 day delay and I'm using this since they first started regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Yeah, I've used a few times before myself. Used the same ID as before. It was delivered to Newtownabbey
    " without signature ". No sign since.

Hi , a bit of advice before I place an amazon order, they want to split my order into 3 deliveries to parcel wizard- will dpd charge me 3 times then for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

kerrymum wrote: »
    Hi , a bit of advice before I place an amazon order, they want to split my order into 3 deliveries to parcel wizard- will dpd charge me 3 times then for delivery?

yes they will, they charge per parcel.

kerrymum wrote: »

A workaround I use to make sure they deliver them as one parcel (Might not work every single time if items are in different fulfilment centres) but has worked for me each time is to select them to deliver to your Irish address and make sure the Group my items into as few deliveries as possible is selected then place your order, After order is confirmed then change it back to Parcel Wizard and they should ship together.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Jawgap wrote:
    Probably why they gave him the MMOS (bloody Yanks)........and why they promoted him (bloody Paddies).......

kerrymum wrote:

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Another item delayed. They signed for at midday Thursday and never arrived today as promised. Rang them and they said they only received it from the north today. I got an email Friday saying they received it and would be delivered today Monday but they said that must be an it error. So it seems that DPD figure that when they get something into the north on a Thursday , arriving Monday to Athlone 3 working days later, as they move items on Saturdays, is efficient. Hmmm

Sounded surprised when I said I wanted a credit on my account as they promise 48 hours and this would be nearly 72.

I'll use my final credit, 4th delayed item, and I'm back to the Motel.

Advertisement