Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

At least you know where it is !! Mine is still in Newtownabbey somewhere. No confirmation from DPD that they even have it.

Won't be using again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

After a live chat, now DPD say my parcel isn't with them. Does anyone know, how is the best way to track it down?

Ordered from the GB EU warehouse, shipped via Hermes UK Express.
    The Hermes site tells me to contact the seller directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

trixiebust wrote: »
    After a live chat, now DPD say my parcel isn't with them. Does anyone know, how is the best way to track it down?

Contact the seller who will then get in contact with Hermes, Contract is with the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

trixiebust wrote: »

And most likely it's sitting in the parcel motel depot.

If you have an iPhone you download the myhermes app which will allow you to track your parcel with more detail than the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is everyone experiencing delays? I had a parcel hit the depot before 1:00pm today - normally I'd be expecting it tomorrow as I work 2 mins from one of the depots here in Dublin but the last few posts have me worried!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I had one parcel a few weeks ago that was signed for at reception about 4.30 p.m. but not logging in DPD's system until the next morning so that took a day longer than I expected but most have been the next day. Had one arrive in the NI depot yesterday at 11:30 a.m. arrive at my work at 9.15 a.m. today.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

tk123 wrote: »
    Is everyone experiencing delays? I had a parcel hit the depot before 1:00pm today - normally I'd be expecting it tomorrow as I work 2 mins from one of the depots here in Dublin but the last few posts have me worried!

I spotted one of my parcels which arrived yesterday listed as "held in depot" on the DPD PW site so I gave them a ring. They said they had been having a problem with Paypal processing topups but its now resolved and they are back processing. Could be the reason for your delay like mine.

I spotted one of my parcels which arrived yesterday listed as "held in depot" on the DPD PW site so I gave them a ring. They said they had been having a problem with Paypal processing topups but its now resolved and they are back processing. Could be the reason for your delay like mine.

Which would be easily solved if we could see our balance! ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

Lads trying to return a damaged item I bought on amazon through parcel wizard. Not sure how to go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Sneak wrote: »
    Lads trying to return a damaged item I bought on amazon through parcel wizard. Not sure how to go about it.

Can't return items through Parcel Wizard, Has to go through Amazon themselves, They will give you an An Post return label.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Which would be easily solved if we could see our balance! ;):p

Yep still can't understand why this hasn't been done yet. Imagine a bank refusing to let you see your balance. Actually wait I can see some of them doing that :)

Can't return items through Parcel Wizard, Has to go through Amazon themselves, They will give you an An Post return label.

Won't give me that option on the website, as I used the uk virtual address. Can't change to irish address either. This is a real pain in the a**!

Sneak wrote: »
    Won't give me that option on the website, as I used the uk virtual address. Can't change to irish address either. This is a real pain in the a**!

Just start a chat with them and they'll give you the label ;)

Just start a chat with them and they'll give you the label ;)

Didn't even know that was possible, got it sorted though ty :D

Boo - parcel guaranteed to hit them before 1:00pm yesterday and I've gotten nothing so far - no mail to say they have it or no txt with delivery time estimate! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Using the credit they gave me, for repeated delays, I've another item heading to them by royal mail 48 tracked. If they get it Friday I expect Monday or latest Tuesday. If they fail for the 5th time then I will stop using them.

Parcel Motel have never failed on their service promise as much as DPD.

Yeah annoying - I would have had it last night if I had of sent to Parcel Motel! I'm assuming it won't be coming today :(

EDIT

From chat

"Good Morning, If the parcel was delivered into our virtual address yesterday this should be scanned and sorted tonight with delivery to you tomorrow."

FECK :(

I am using PW regularly over PM because of the parcel size I receive and usually they are great but once an exception happens all bets are off and it becomes a situation where without constant chasing nothing happens.

A common cause I have is when the parcel is delivered by DPD UK.

The parcel travels from mainland to Athlone Depot and than up to the NI depot where it's accepted in whatever condition it is (usually damaged to various degrees) with me getting mails/sms telling me it's going to be delivered to me that day with the NI Depot address.

Minutes after it's received there (and I get the delivered message) it's scanned into the PW system and I get the notification that the parcel will be delivered to me next day.

Next day comes and the last status is "received into hub" with no further updates, no predict window and no depot scan. Trouble coming.

Contacting DPD results into a "late in hub, will arrange delivery for tomorrow" followed by a sudden update of "held in depot" (like clockwork) with a "I spoke to the depot will be out for delivery later today".

Once drivers shows up (not my usual one at the usual time) it's damaged to various degrees (from simply open over missing items to completely damaged).

Same thing today (possibly), just of the chat with them as DPD UK parcel is "held in depot" so once he shows this evening I bet it's damaged.

DPD UK to PW is a nightmare, first the parcel plays ping pong between Athlone and NI and than it's usually damaged. Sure the depot and driver even deliver really damaged parcels on request but this is not how the system should work.

If the parcel is damaged coming in the NI depot it should be rejected and not just accepted and than left for me to sort out.

Every time someone used DPD UK I'm just not expecting it to show up fine or on time.

Plus how they can not simply sort out exception notification after they announced the parcel is beyond me.

In addition if the system in Athlone sends me a notification why not send the parcel directly to me instead of NI first. If the system is smart enough to send me a PW notification, can't it be programmed to save the round trip Athlone / NI?

Anyhow, rant over.

I don't think I'll use them again if it's urgent. The credit mystery is a pain too and makes me suspicious!

Have you also noticed that in the mails announcing the parcel you now get the balance in € rather an in credits?

I think they are preparing for this DPD Collection in Store thing.

• Advertisement

And as expected, the parcel was slightly damaged again with the tape sealing the box on both top and bottom broken in several areas and the heavy card board box showing dents on the sides. All items still in there however but could have easy fallen out.

Now I already complained to Amazon, a 18 kg box should use better tape to seal.

Pickup (and returns) announced:

http://dpd.newsweaver.ie/flyer/1ndnywa2tkp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Just seen that. Exciting! Great that it works with Parcel Wizard. I use it a few times ans see how it works but I think I'll be changing form parcel motel if it works out.

The details are going to be interesting, looking forward on more details.

which shops (I have seen a couple of the usual suspects displaying the stickers)
    what is the cost? (i.e. hopefully free if you re-direct a parcel via calendar/manual and 3.85 if you use the Virtual address)

And more importantly the quality of the shops. I mean parcelconnect offers something similar but there are so many horror stories about the pickup shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I assume prices will be the same as now, also as flexible as now with oversize parcels.

Between Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard it will be the end of parcel connect, unless they make some changes or do some marketing.

nava wrote: »
    I assume prices will be the same as now, also as flexible as now with oversize parcels.

Between Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard it will be the end of parcel connect, unless they make some changes or do some marketing.

For Virtual Address I think the price might be the same but I wonder if there is going to be a charge for using it for other DPD transported items. Hope not.

As to parcel connect, I agree, they now have no real reason to exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just read the email.
    Its a great departure for them. Real competition for PM. Wonder will it lead to a reduction in charges?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm delighted to see this new service launched. There is a DPD Pickup shop just 5 minutes away and it is the shop we use normally anyway.

I've been using Parcel Wizard for deliveries and Parcel Motel for returns. If the DPD returns are price competitive and as broad (including Collect+ and Royal Mail) then I might just switch to them for everything.

It will be great to have the option to have DPD and ParcelWizard deliveries redirected to the Pickup shop the odd time when I'm out. I could see this being a very serious competition for both ParcelMotel and An Post/AddressPal. They are both going to have to improve their services to remain competitive.

My one concern is that I've seen ParcelWizard service slow down over the last few weeks. It is taking two days now from Northern Ireland to delivery. Meanwhile ParcelMotel are consistently taking just one days and I'm even see some deliveries turning up in the locker less then 12 hours after them hitting Northern Ireland! Seriously impressive.
    For Virtual Address I think the price might be the same but I wonder if there is going to be a charge for using it for other DPD transported items. Hope not.

I don't see why they would. It is typically cheaper for delivery companies to deliver to pick up shops/lockers then to people homes. Don't have to look for the address (particularly troublesome in Ireland with us just getting post codes), ring people to check if they are home, wait outside for them. Miss them and have to retry the next day.

Missed deliveries and having to retry over and over again are a massive extra cost for delivery companies. That is why delivery companies around the world are moving towards and promoting lockers/delivery shops for home deliveries. Much easier and cheaper for them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Just read the email.
    Its a great departure for them. Real competition for PM. Wonder will it lead to a reduction in charges?

Also massive competition for AddressPal. Other then the advantage of a mainland UK address, I definitely can't see any reason why anyone would use Address Pal now!

Why would anyone use AP now, when instead you could opt to have your package delivered to your home with PW or to a DPD pickup shop if you are out.

Post offices have very restricted opening hours, 9 to 5:30 Monday to Friday, only 1pm Saturday, closed Sunday and most insanely closed for lunch from 1 to 2:15!!

Meanwhile my local DPD pickup shop is open 8am to 8pm 7 days a week! No comparison at all.

• Advertisement

What would makes this even better would be an Irish Virtual Address in Dublin (analog to Parcelmotel) to also catch those parcels that don't ship with DPD.

That way for those sellers you still can use the advantages of Parcelwizard including pick up at a local store.

Advertisement