Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Rename Thread to ### DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup ### to cover both DPD services.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I don't understand this update. Would they not spend 5 minutes on the website so we can see the account balance?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

What would makes this even better would be an Irish Virtual Address in Dublin (analog to Parcelmotel) to also catch those parcels that don't ship with DPD.

That way for those sellers you still can use the advantages of Parcelwizard including pick up at a local store.

In the UK, the main feature of DPD Pickup is that retailers can add it as an option to their website on checkout, so that people can select their closest DPD Pickup location even if they aren't a ParcelWizard customer.

It would be great if DPD add this in Ireland and also as you say a Dublin Virtual Address for retailers who don't support it.
    RossieMan wrote: »
    I don't understand this update. Would they not spend 5 minutes on the website so we can see the account balance?

Because it is a fantastic new feature that will likely massively expand their business.

Having said that I agree they need to also add this feature and also add the ability to add credit cards that they can automatically charge like ParcelMotel, so you don't always have to log in and buy credits to get your package which is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Whipping Boy

How do I top up my account?

I have a delivery that is pending payment apparently but can't see any way to actually top up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

How do I top up my account?

I have a delivery that is pending payment apparently but can't see any way to actually top up :confused:

Login to DPD parcel Wizard, My UK Virtual Address, you should have the option to Top-up there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

RossieMan wrote: »

I have a Parcel arriving tomorrow and got an email and at the bottom of the email it told me I had €3.85 credit remaining. I have switched over completely from Parcel Motel to Address Pal and use Parcel Wizard occasionally as it is slightly faster and delivers to the door. Tomorrows delivery is a larger item which I ordered yesterday from London and went by airfreight to Belfast early this morning and will be on my doorstep tomorrow morning for 10:30am by DPD.

I never had any complaint with any of the services either Parcel Motel, Address Pal, Parcel Wizard or even Parcel Connect from Fastway the one solitary time I used it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭sennah

Have they published a list of stores participating as pickup points? I received the email today but I can't seem to find a list or a map of stores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

sennah wrote: »
    Have they published a list of stores participating as pickup points? I received the email today but I can't seem to find a list or a map of stores

I got a text about new delivery just after that email when I clicked the link there was an option for pick up my phones GPS went to nearest place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭sennah

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I got a text about new delivery just after that email when I clicked the link there was an option for pick up my phones GPS went to nearest place.

Ah, okay. I've re-read the email and surely enough, if you're expecting a delivery, they'll send you a text where you can then select a Pickup Point
    "From today, when you receive your email, text and/or push notification from us regarding your delivery, simply follow the Manage Delivery link to arrange to collect from your local Pickup Point.

From next week, you'll be able to set up your local Pickup Point as your delivery address in your Parcel Wizard calendar."

I assume the second part means Pickup Points will be visible online from next week. I'll take a back peek then

Aside... while Fastway's Parcel Connect allow returns from their participating stores, you can pay a little extra when booking to have it collected from your address. If DPD were to include address pickup, Parcel Wizard would be a well rounded service

Also, to the poster who mentioned the Irish Virtual Address... that's a pretty good idea. However, I find with most Irish retailers that - while not entirely a fault of their own - their delivery charges tend to be somewhat on the high side. Adding the PW charge on top of an already high delivery charge would spoil any benefit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

nava wrote: »
    Login to DPD parcel Wizard, My UK Virtual Address, you should have the option to Top-up there.

Do it on your desktop rather than mobile App.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

trixiebust wrote: »
    My package has been sitting in some delivery office in Newtownabbey since Wednesday morning at 7.30 am. Considering it's now Saturday lunchtime, and it hasn't moved anywhere since, service is a bit of a let down to say the least.

DPD tell me they can't track it until it's scanned, in their system ( it's not yet ).
    Which is strange, because I can tell, from my original tracking no, it's already been in the north 4 days now.

Can't be that hard, come on now.

This has been in the North, a week now. Rang DPD Monday, who say no way package is here in our depot.
    Got a text today, telling me to expect my ParcelWizard Thursday. Wonder where it's been all last week?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Maybe their return service of UK postage can be a little more competitive than other companies. I had something to return to a UK seller and chose An Post for €5. Parcel Motel was €14.50 to send it to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

trixiebust wrote: »
    This has been in the North, a week now. Rang DPD Monday, who say no way package is here in our depot.
    Got a text today, telling me to expect my ParcelWizard Thursday. Wonder where it's been all last week?!

Parcelmotel my guess with a week delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well no txt/emails for either of the parcels I'm expecting today. One is normal DPD and I had a tracking number for that - checked and it's out for delivery but nothing from Parcel Wizard to say the even scanned the other one let alone going to deliver it today!! They normally deliver to work before lunch so I'll know soon enough if it's coming or not - the suspense is killing me! :p

EDIT - TXT just came and it's on it's way PHEW (it's a fault code reader/re-setter for my Dad's car which has to be back at the nct today lol!"

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Berty wrote: »
    Maybe their return service of UK postage can be a little more competitive than other companies. I had something to return to a UK seller and chose An Post for €5. Parcel Motel was €14.50 to send it to the UK.

The seller most have had a deal with An Post. Or was it a very small package or going to Ireland?

Recently returned a pair of shoes to Amazon UK (Wales) and it cost €28 via An Post. Parcel Motel would have cost €15 for the same.

DUH - I just re-read the mail - mine isn't getting delivered until TOMORROW! :( Guy on chat told me it'd be today! It was delivered to their depot before 1:00pm on Tues. What happened to 2 business days?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Just got a "no balance" email despite topup made earlier today.

Any Rep here to sort that out, please?

I think the reps have deserted us!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Hopefully not. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The Finder for Pick-Up stores is now online on their webpage: https://dpd.ie/Pickup/Returns

There is also more info about restrictions (plenty) and sizes available at https://dpd.ie/Pickup

Pickup info is still under construction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Do I prepay for the DPD parcel service or is it automatically deducted when ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

The pickup places near me are useless, they have no parking. Luckily I live near a depot thats a quick detour from the drive home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭maik3n

Pangea wrote: »
    Do I prepay for the DPD parcel service or is it automatically deducted when ordered?
    I could be mistaken but I believe it is still a pre-pay/top up service at the moment.
    They may well introduce credit/debit card options at some point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

My package was delivered to pw this morning. I didn't know that pw can receive post on Saturday. I checked my account but i didn't find anything in future deliveries. How long does it take before it shows on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Amouar wrote:
    My package was delivered to pw this morning. I didn't know that pw can receive post on Saturday. I checked my account but i didn't find anything in future deliveries. How long does it take before it shows on the website?

I think they just accept parcels in but don't do anything with them until Monday when staff are back. Only drivers and a couple of warehouse staff in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭corkgirl17

Anybody know if you can get alcohol delivered with dpd? It's not mentioned on their list of prohibited items like with parcel motel.

Well they seem to be back on form - I actually got txts/mails over the weekend to say they had my (latest) parcel!

tk123 wrote: »
    Well they seem to be back on form - I actually got txts/mails over the weekend to say they had my (latest) parcel!

My package was delivered to them on Saturday morning and I still didn't hear back from them. I thought that they don't send notifications on the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Amouar wrote: »
    My package was delivered to them on Saturday morning and I still didn't hear back from them. I thought that they don't send notifications on the weekend?

got notifications on Saturday that they have received my parcel and got another text today that it's on the way to be delivered. just waiting for it, now i still have 2 more items yet to be received by them

• Advertisement

5star02707 wrote: »
    got notifications on Saturday that they have received my parcel and got another text today that it's on the way to be delivered. just waiting for it, now i still have 2 more items yet to be received by them

Hmm doesn't look good for me then, since they didn't notify me when they received my package saturday morning :(

Advertisement