Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Amouar wrote: »
    Hmm doesn't look good for me then, since they didn't notify me when they received my package saturday morning :(

:(

Same happened to me last week - it was held for a day for some reason before it moved from Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

tk123 wrote: »
    :(

Same happened to me last week - it was held for a day for some reason before it moved from Antrim.

I just called them, they told me that they don't send notifications on Saturday, as they only scan them on the next working day, which Monday.

Amouar wrote: »
    I just called them, they told me that they don't send notifications on Saturday, as they only scan them on the next working day, which Monday.

The also told me I'd have my parcel 2 days after it was received by them last week which wasn't the case. I got a mail at 12:19 yesterday afternoon. Although I've gotten mails/txts before with a the time window AFTER the stuff as been delivered :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

The Finder for Pick-Up stores is now online on their webpage: https://dpd.ie/Pickup/Returns

The Pick-Up finder is definitely not fully filled out yet.

My local shop has "DPD Pickup" signs all over it, but it isn't on the finder yet! There are only 276 locations listed in the finder for the Republic of Ireland. Well short of the claimed 600. So I suspect all the info simply isn't input yet.

I'd check back again in a week or two if you can't find a pickup shop close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wasn't expecting anything but something turned up and needed payment. Made payment 10 mins later and delayed the delivery 24hrs.

That's a bit mental. They really need a PM way of charging our Visa Debit. They'll pay less to Paypal as well so would be win win for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Used Parcel Wizard 3 times this week and all items were delivered successfully. 4th one on the way tomorrow so no complaints on their end.

I only have problems with items getting to them i.e. by royal mail (they're not sending stuffs on time)

Cheers for a wonderful service!

Boo - txt yesterday to say my parcel was being delivered today... now check the website and it's held at the depot! I'm not in any rush for it but still. I may give them a shout because if it's the local depot I could just drive 5 mins around the corner and get it myself - I hate when a parcel comes to work and I'm working from home/off that day lol! Other few parcels arrived on time last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Speaking with some delivery drivers they are nearly doing 3 times more work with the same staff on same hours than they were doing last year they are hoping people will use the pick up service as they reckon the run up to Christmas will be mental

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Trying to order a camera battery and charger from Amazon but it wont ship to Ireland or NI so Parcel Motel is out. Will Parcel Wizard allow this?

Trying to order a camera battery and charger from Amazon but it wont ship to Ireland or NI so Parcel Motel is out. Will Parcel Wizard allow this?

Nope try using Adresspal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Nope try using Adresspal

Will they allow it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

ok strange question was expecting item,thus scheduled delivery for another day,which was thrusday but heard nothing on the day ,anyway today day later then scheduled rcvd message in the morning stating time slot for delivery,so thought will have it once back,but nothing,went to site and says failed delivery phoned no answer -did get sms but didnt receive any call.

Now to be fair person who was at home might been asleep and hardly heard door bell,but also item at question was supposed to be small - thermal paste for cpu so thought might as well would be dropped in trough mailbox,in worst case.

Now dunno what to do,since imagine re-delivery will cost extra 3.50+,and come next week again wont be home for most of the week,besides friday.
    Would know my delivery guy quite well for the area,but there def wasnt attempt to ring my number which would avoided me hassle :/ also no missed delivery card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

He might not have called if he didn't leave a missed you card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

For all you kids out there who enjoyed knocking on doors and running away when you were younger, you'll be pleased to hear these guys are hiring.

@scamalert, I feel your pain, I got stung aswell

myshirt wrote: »
    For all you kids out there who enjoyed knocking on doors and running away when you were younger, you'll be pleased to hear these guys are hiring.

@scamalert, I feel your pain, I got stung aswell

^LOL seen that joke before :)

But yeah pretty disappointing, trouble was i knew when ordering two items of amazon, that they will arrive at different days,so first hit on the day i wasn't working and was bulky box.as for thermal paste i know that it comes in similar to sd card packaging so thought even if not at home might get it dropped trough mailbox or left with neighbors.
    what gets on my nerves that i needed to topup for 11+e for deliveries when only needed two,so third is on them.
    got in touch with support and re-delivery for next friday when im home.but since there was someone home and cheek to show message on site delivery failed since didnt manage to call me when in fact no call was made,nor card left shows if package is small they might as well fck it till next time doing rounds or it suits them :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Hi can some one tell me if there is a set price for over size delivery prices,there web site is no help,just says you will be charged at tarrif rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Everytime I look at the App it says "Please Configure Address with Location" or something. There's nothing wrong with my address it seems and parcels arrive as they should. I've added my address and even moved the pin to the Maps location.

Is there something I should be doing to stop that annoying notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Berty wrote: »
    [...]

Is there something I should be doing to stop that annoying notification?

Getting rid of the application is the only way, I'm afraid. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Ordered a to from Tesco direct to parcel wizard, was depatched from the supplier on 19/10/16 and still hasn't delivered,
    Anyone know how long delivery takes from Tesco direct to parcel wizard in Northern Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Ordered a to from Tesco direct to parcel wizard, was depatched from the supplier on 19/10/16 and still hasn't delivered,
    Anyone know how long delivery takes from Tesco direct to parcel wizard in Northern Ireland?
    You probably want to let Parcel Wizard know in case Tesco left out your PW number on the address. It happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Placed a €350 order online that I thought was coming from the UK and used PW to take advantage of the £ prices. It shipped today with DHL tracking and it's actually coming from China. :(

Any experience with how PW deals with this? I'm fairly sure I'll get stung now with UK customs / import duty and I know PW say they reject any deliveries with duty due on them. Do they make any attempt to take payment or is it a straight rejection?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Dhl will more than likely .be in touch with you and will not release it until payment has been made by you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Might be worthwhile asking if DHL came bring it straight to Ireland, or tell the shipper you're cancelling. You get hammered on the freight charges alone coming from China - Customs won't accept free shipping using a courier like DHL or UPS. A value of #350 sounds like it could be a big shipment, and the charges may be astronomical. Shipper has played hard and fast with the truth here, its their problem to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I think too many people are using the service.

My last couple of deliveries were not coming with my normal driver but with guys in private cars.

While usually in the App or online I can see where my drivers was, now that function is not online (I assume because it's not a company van) anymore.

While usually my driver was there at the same time or at least in the predict window, now predict messages are coming way late in the day and than they are usually wrong.

The last drivers mentioned that they are incredible busy, don't get me wrong, all the drivers are friendly but it's still bad that the messages are now late and it's private cars.

Bad sign coming for the x-mas shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My last couple of deliveries were not coming with my normal driver but with guys in private cars.
    I have seen fastway lads in regular cars too, not even roomy looking cars. Wearing the offical jackets.

I wondered if there was some finacial benefit to them doing that. Maybe if they are short on vehicles its cheaper to rent cars, or pay drivers to use their own or something. Looked quite odd.

I think too many people are using the service.

While usually in the App or online I can see where my drivers was, now that function is not online (I assume because it's not a company van) anymore.

While usually my driver was there at the same time or at least in the predict window, now predict messages are coming way late in the day and than they are usually wrong.

The last drivers mentioned that they are incredible busy, don't get me wrong, all the drivers are friendly but it's still bad that the messages are now late and it's private cars.

Bad sign coming for the x-mas shopping?

I was told same staff and drivers but 3 times the work and they are dreading Christmas and they hope people use the pick up points

i posted few pages back how they claimed delivered and actually didnt bother,did reschedule and some guy arrived and popped mine trough mailbox few days before new schedule-well i was expecting that first time since knew it would fit,so yeah they def hiring new people as wasnt usual guy for my area.

Also person who asked about delivery from abroad if remeber correctly they dont accept any parcels outside EU-china,us etc,so might be refused by them-and that creates mess since depending on details on invoice and address they might not even be able to contact you,or messy situation if they decide to ship back.

If you used one of those gearbest sites you should be able to cancel since they take quite a while to process,and with all that youd still be hammered by vat,so id arrange direct dhl delivery and pay on the spot or whatever way they take it,also double check since some chinesse sellers have warehouses in EU now so that might slip trough ,since guessing you went for a phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Update on this, Tesco direct delivered the tv last Thursday but parcel wizard have no record of it, are the Dpd reps active on this thread?

scamalert wrote: »
    Also person who asked about delivery from abroad if remeber correctly they dont accept any parcels outside EU-china,us etc,so might be refused by them

I've gotten a few orders from AliExpiess sent to PW and no problems but they were all below the limits for customs/duty - delivery was faster sending to PW than my Irish address.

• Advertisement

well same here had pm deliver from US way back,but same went trough fine,since was under 25e,now my guess they dont care,just another rule written on that,in case parcel comes in and its due for vat which they wont pay,as any other parcel delivery service.

Id imagine its possible to get in touch with DHL prior to delivery and pay them up vat that's due, in that case they deliver to PW and they have no issues,since it would be cleared.

Advertisement