Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

scamalert wrote: »
    well same here had pm deliver from US way back,but same went trough fine,since was under 25e,
    The limit in Ireland is technically €22, but at the current 23% vat rate on most things it is €26, as they officially do not collect less than €6.

But if coming from the US to NI it should be subject to UK limits

this site says that is £15. xe shows that as €16.71

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

but also says they will not collect below £7, but that is duty not VAT, not like the Irish limit of €6. It might be on uk forums what really goes on and that limit seems very low, at 20% they would only be collecting €3.34

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone ever get a TV delivered to Parcel Wizard? Looking to get a 55 inch TV but just want to know what the process / cost is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I had massive chair delivered that was 25kgs,but it was dpd,now its same company and all,but before buying i contacted seller just to confirm it was coming trough them,and there wasnt any issues,since if its not directly from amazon,sellers use different couriers,so say wizard might have issue,but if its handed in UK to dpd its delivered here by them,even thou its all same company.

so best to ask seller what courier they use,since found out that most of them have fixed prices which is usually between 15-25e if seller is in business with any shipper thus not much savings in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Hey there

I tried parcel wizard for the first time last week 😊

So I was wondering how long after posted from the UK do you get notified by dpd? My item was posted last Thursday and the seller asked me this morning if I've received it. Was thinking in 2 days maybe?

Also do I pay upon collection like the site says?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

foxy_j wrote: »
    Hey there

I tried parcel wizard for the first time last week 😊

So I was wondering how long after posted from the UK do you get notified by dpd? My item was posted last Thursday and the seller asked me this morning if I've received it. Was thinking in 2 days maybe?

Also do I pay upon collection like the site says?

Thanks

It's not how long after posted from UK, it's usually on the day they receive it into the Depot (if it comes before 1600 in my experience, otherwise a day extra). The time to them depends on what company your seller is using, you can use that companies tracker to see if it has been delivered.

As to paying, you can either pre-pay via the app or parcelwizard.ie for 1 or more parcels in advance or you can wait until you get the notification from DPD about your parcel. However the later might slow down the delivery of your parcel until they have processed your payment. You are better off to pay for the parcel(s) in advance of receiving them as they just deduct the credit.

• Advertisement

similar as poster above wonder is this normal message:Delivered Saturday
    Parcel was handed to resident Delivered to Nathan Babb.
    is it normal message when it get's handed to dpd pw depo in NI?

similar as poster above wonder is this normal message:Delivered Saturday
    Parcel was handed to resident Delivered to Nathan Babb.
    is it normal message when it get's handed to dpd pw depo in NI?

Was that an Amazon Logistics package? The message really depends on how the courier/contractor is coding it and who they are. This statement is usually Amazon Logistics.

If it was delivered Saturday you should have notification by now, because they were open yesterday up there.

yeah it was from amazon,thus copied what was on amazons tracker,but so far no contact from PW,also just checked future deliveries and nothing there as well,now usually get message either early mornings or late in the evening but nothing so far,all details seem correct otherwise:
    DPD Parcel Wizard,Units 3 & 5 Trench Park,Trench Road, Newtownabbey Parcel was handed to resident to Nathan Babb <left out my pw id not to display open in forum.

In my experience that is unusual as things received on Saturday are with me on Tuesday usually.

I would contact DPD and see if they can confirm that Nathan Babb is one of theirs. Saturdays there is very little staff in the depot for a limited amount of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

In my experience that is unusual as things received on Saturday are with me on Tuesday usually.

Same here but yesterday was a bank holiday remember? So while it was business as usual in Antrim I'm assuming Athlone would have been closed?

• Advertisement

mine would be going to drogheda but imagine since it was BH so hard to know so far on chat and got this message:
    names on signatures coming into us are normally signed Brett or Thomas
    so will see if they will check in with NI now :/

mine would be going to drogheda but imagine since it was BH so hard to know so far on chat and got this message:
    names on signatures coming into us are normally signed Brett or Thomas
    so will see if they will check in with NI now :/

It goes Antrim -> Athlone -> your delivery address.

so far :no sorry they can not check on 1 box in that way

if we have received it should of been processed yesterday/today. If it is not appearing on future deliveries and it has a signature of someone not in our office you should contact the senders

the northern depots were working yesterday and were not on bank holiday. If it doesnt appear in future deliveries today you really should let the sender know you have not got the goods.

Seems this service is going down the drain,if they cant even check on personnel present,anyway seems every delivery in past month would been issue within issue for me.

Not sure how to approach amazon if it wont show up before evening ,given that they delivered to 3rd party and hell knows who took it from there,since address seems correct-and imagine they are based in some business park not residential area.

tk123 wrote: »
    Same here but yesterday was a bank holiday remember? So while it was business as usual in Antrim I'm assuming Athlone would have been closed?

Athlone was open, I got parcels this morning from DPD which arrived there yesterday.

so far :no sorry they can not check on 1 box in that way

if we have received it should of been processed yesterday/today. If it is not appearing on future deliveries and it has a signature of someone not in our office you should contact the senders

the northern depots were working yesterday and were not on bank holiday. If it doesnt appear in future deliveries today you really should let the sender know you have not got the goods.

Seems this service is going down the drain,if they cant even check on personnel present,anyway seems every delivery in past month would been issue within issue for me.

Not sure how to approach amazon if it wont show up before evening ,given that they delivered to 3rd party and hell knows who took it from there,since address seems correct-and imagine they are based in some business park not residential area.

Amazon will sort it out for you, they can track down what the driver did.

I agree, it's strange that they won't be able to confirm that a specific person was allowed to sign for parcels.

Athlone was open, I got parcels this morning from DPD which arrived there yesterday.

Duh you're right - I have one on the way now lol! ...Although I don't know if it's regular DPD or PW... I've lost track of all my parcels :o

tk123 wrote: »
    Duh you're right - I have one on the way now lol! ...Although I don't know if it's regular DPD or PW... I've lost track of all my parcels :o

Get a nice tracker app which helps ;-)

In the meantime in parcelwizard.ie you can see the sender in the list, at least for my parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Hi DPD.

My package status is currently "Goods Held". What does this mean?

Thanks!

duh idiot me,got in touch with amazon,was told to follow up with dpd.Now checked inbox and due delivery date is for 2morrow email came in 10 min ago,gotta love the holiday season when it hits.

duh idiot me,got in touch with amazon,was told to follow up with dpd.Now checked inbox and due delivery date is for 2morrow email came in 10 min ago,gotta love the holiday season when it hits.

Yeah, I'm glad you got your parcel.

I'm afraid this holiday season is going to be a nightmare with the £ being what it is and the deals around.

Better ensure when shopping to calculate 2-3 days once it hits the north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I've used the service without a hitch now a good few times but I ordered something from Amazon on Monday morning and I paid extra for 1 day delivery because I needed it today for a birthday present, anyway it was delivered to my parcel wizard yesterday as predicted and I got a notification saying it would be delivered to my address today which was perfect but it is now 9:40pm and I still haven't received it.
    That's the first time that it hasn't been delivered to me the following day after I landed in my parcel wizard and the money I paid Amazon for 1 day delivery was now obviously wasted as the birthday is over now.

as pointed above by Yggr of Asgard mine arrived like at the same time as few people ordered before BH weekend,and they gotten it monday,so after some confusion on their side they processed it eventually same day,but delivery was day behind even thou there were 2 working days before it got scanned in the meantime.

Now i like dpd and PW and seems they gotten more customers then expected given that company is split into two services id imagine that adds to bigger loads and confusion,processing times,hiring new staff that wouldn't be experienced in the field and so on.

And given time of year and in general with more expensive orders its wiser to think of either expedited delivery and pay more,or ensure that you parcel will arrive on time,now support is the weak point as i found out-from conversation posted,also learned that if using amazon its better just to say dpd not parcel wizard,since if they delivered where its supposed to go and someone else signs and it goes missing.

So far seems none of the parties would take responsibility,which is fine if order is like 30-50e at most,but risking with higher value,id still always rather go more expensive route but sure delivery with the likes of dhl or ups where you can track from when item is handed to every step to your door,and while pw does extra to notify by sms email,id avoid using rescheduling and such before christmas since its more likely to arrive at different date,or get further delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

Hi DPD,

Just wanted to check whether a Parcel is getting delivered today or tomorrow, if I can?

Cheers,

JK

I don't think the reps are active on boards anymore.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi,

Goods held means your parcel is held awaiting further instructions. If you still have not received your parcel please PM your tracking number & I will check for you.

Kind regards,

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

My Amazon package shipped by Amazon logistics is out for delivery today (Yes sunday), and therefore I'm wondering if there is anyone in DPD to accept the package on sunday?

Amouar wrote: »
    My Amazon package shipped by Amazon logistics is out for delivery today (Yes sunday), and therefore I'm wondering if there is anyone in DPD to accept the package on sunday?

Most likely they won't take it in, even if someone is there.

It might be useful if you go into your address settings in Amazon and tick the "Don't deliver on weekends" option for future shipments with Amazon Logistics now being more and more the delivery agent on the last mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Has anyone ever paid extra because their parcel exceeded the size allowed, is it expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Pangea wrote: »
    Has anyone ever paid extra because their parcel exceeded the size allowed, is it expensive?

No but I did make enquirers with PW, there is a convoluted calculation on their site where you multiply the dimensions W,D,H by the weight & it supposedly tells you the cost, mine was a garden furniture set from the UK but it was above their weight restrictions to begin with so was a non starter:(

• Advertisement

found best just to contact pw chat and ask,have your estimate dimensions and weight,should get answer then.

Advertisement